test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stronghold questions.

Hello all, so, I see that Barracks rank 2 requires these conqueror’s shards? Am I understanding that Rank 2 is locked behind a pvp stronghold quest that only rewards 10 shards? We are such a small guild and none of us play pvp. The only other way I see to obtain this coffer currency is via a zen purchase that doesn’t seem like the best option. We are in an alliance but they are also all PvE. We need like 3k of these shards... any other options out there? Does one of the temp resources make these? (I should have looked before logging out).

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.

Comments

• odskyr#3177 odskyr Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    There are some other ways to obtain conquerer shards.

First - Maze Engin repeatable quest "Defend the Sword Coast"
    Second - Black-Ice Domination - Group together with your guildmates and do this Domination Event in DwarvenValley or Icewind Pass. This is the open PvP Zone. And ist easy to win without beeing PvP-skilled.
  • markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Ok so the maze engine campaign task takes 5 days to complete and only awards 10 conquerors shards. Doing the math on this it would take our small guild an ungodly amount of time. Like over a year. None of us pvp. So basically small guilds get pentalized for not doing pvp?? Wow, good to know. Thanks for the reply.

I refuse to spend 300 zen for 100 of these shards. That is almost $100 real cash. Not worth it.
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
    I thought they made changes to help small guilds in leveling up their stronghold and changed it so that players wasn’t forced into pvp. Clearly I am wrong. Not even a temp support structure makes them.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

I thought they made changes to help small guilds in leveling up their stronghold and changed it so that players wasn’t forced into pvp. Clearly I am wrong. Not even a temp support structure makes them.

Even large guilds, like mine, had a problem with building the barracks since we do little PvP. Although our members wanted it early, we (ok, it was me with the support of the guild leader and some officers) made our members collect/earn/deposit enough shards to upgrade it before we would build it so as not to slow our overall progress. As a result, barracks was our third boon structure and built at GH 13. The use of PvP currency for it, doesn't just impact small guilds, larger guilds need to find a way to deal with it, too. Generally, they deal with it like we did. Either delay it until third or fourth boon, and/or raise AD to purchase additional shards.

We made a bank tab in the guild bank for barracks contributions. These were items donated by members that could be sold on the AH or salvaged and then chests of power purchased with the AD generated by these for the barracks. We had one person handle this to keep it all straight and he updated as we reached certain milestones. He would purchase as able, but wait to open the chest of power until double shard events. The guildmarks earned by the person organizing it, could be used to buy more items to sell.

We also ran some giveaways to promote the donations and extra giveaways during double shards and double guildmark events to boost our gain. Although you haven't seen it yet, you will also run into a wall with heroic shards and possibly adventurer's later on. Doing this will also help with that issue.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

Ok so the maze engine campaign task takes 5 days to complete and only awards 10 conquerors shards. Doing the math on this it would take our small guild an ungodly amount of time. Like over a year. None of us pvp. So basically small guilds get pentalized for not doing pvp?? Wow, good to know. Thanks for the reply.

I refuse to spend 300 zen for 100 of these shards. That is almost $100 real cash. Not worth it.

300 zen is $3.00, not $100.
  • odskyr#3177 odskyr Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    zephyriah said:

300 zen is $3.00, not $100.

I guess he meant $ 100 for 3K Explorer shards and not only for 100 ;)

edited January 2018
    I thought it was obvious I meant paying for enough shards to reach the coffer requirement. As is, we have a very VERY small guild and WE are only SH rank 5. We are in an alliance with a handfull of other guilds similar in rank and none of us play pvp. Upon further inspection I see it’s even more for the rank 3 barracks. So it was decided to just change the goal and move on. I am not going to waste time playing a part of the game I don’t like nor will I ask the few members we have to do it either. I also refuse to spend that kind of money just for a small boon that isn’t even a must have.
  • shadwwolf#9268 shadwwolf Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    They should of made two different Guilds... a Stronghold.. and a Guild playhouse that acts like a Moonstone Mask xV... That way people can still make a guild without the hassle of having PvP or huge amounts of "influence runs"... I tried my time with decorating and it was nice that the guild people lets others turn the tables around a bit... I love the random portraits but really dont like that ghere isnt much else in variety I think there were only four different tables Chult and two wooden tables that were very ... meh... Also the chandelier from Chult dont look so good on console