Install Arc

Neverwinter mod 12 discussion ps4

edouble213#8812 edouble213 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
Mod 12b is here what do you think
Post edited by edouble213#8812 on

Comments

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Did some testing out...

If a player had all R12 and moved the R12 to R13, which is not that bad to do, you would have similar stats on the character.

Bonding adjustment was long over due. After playing around with all my character yes I do see a difference but at the same time I can state that it was needed and really had a limited impact to any of my character overall build or damage out.

My biggest gripe with this game isn't the changes, it is the enticing carrot that can be acquired through a credit card.

Ugh...please don't ask..
  • mikeo#9930 mikeo Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Boy I feel bad for you guys! You took the hamsters cage and moved everything around, now everyone is going to rage until they get used to it all again.

Princes Folly skirmish. Its cute... we definitely needed another skirmish so, thank you? Not a whole lot of idea's flying around the room that day, maybe the developers were hung over when writing the scripts, maybe it isn't supposed to have much content or depth, whatever the reason for its short-comings we forgive you... for the most part. Thanks for adding the content at least.

Inventory & Quality of life updates. The refine all and identify all features are fan-diddly-tastic. It makes clearing bag space super fast and easy, thank you for that. The increase in marks is a fair trade off from not having to buy multiple enchantments for refining - grudgingly I will admit that. Maybe tone it down just a bit thou, really got heavy handed with the amounts required but honestly people will still grind it out. And now that refinement items are no longer category grouped and just basically good for all means less slots taken up for all our various refineable equipment.

The bags display... would've been a great 'optional' feature. But I like to pick up and hoard ALOT of random stuff, which I keep organized by bags. So navigating between bags and mailing an item from my 7th bag means scrolling through 6x other 12-24+ slotted bags. I miss the 'Tab' bag display feature originally offered... I don't have any positive feedback on the bag display other then - 'you put a lot of work into that project, bless your heart!' but being Southern that really isn't a compliment.

Was there a reason to remove the update counter when salvaging items for rough AD? Personally I enjoyed seeing how much rough AD I had as I salvaged each item without having to make any effort in checking.

Bonding Runestone. Can't argue with that decision as the old Bonding stones meant there was no reason to ever use any other sort of runestone on your companion. This change adds to the games dynamics, giving each class a chance to further customize their characters.

Campaigns for Alts. Pretty sweet! I know people with alot of alts, this change will help!

Random Queues. Double-edged sword of this is Awesome/Terrible! I love that I can just join a random Epic when I don't know what I want to do, but I hate that I have to join a random epic to obtain my AD bonus instead of picking the Epics I want to do (especially on days when I have a very limited amount of time to play)

and then the cosmetic changes with loadouts, guild invites, character balancing, etc. They are nice, we appreciate the work. Keep it up!

• ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    My 2 cents:

1) refining - it's fine, the need for stones that only come out of one dungeon that you managed to break in the same update certainly didn't help sell the concept though

2) bonding nerf - I wasn't BIS to start, but I happily carried people through all content. Now things I spent time and money on got gimped. I'm not worthless but I'm irritated enough that I don't have a desire to really upgrade anything anymore

3) random queue - I don't hate it, I don't love it. it just is.

4) new content - okay so we wait 6 months to get a 5-10 minute skirmish, zero story and nothing else. I was bored before, adding a 5 min skirmish doesn't alleviate my boredom. It doesn't give me anything new to do.

5) account wide unlock - this is awesome, now my cleric who has never left the stronghold and has hand me down gear from other characters - has NO SKILLS OR FEATS SELECTED can get rando Qed into FBI. Because that's where he belongs, lol. Okay so on one hand it's nice, on the other some people with characters like my DC (or SW) would actually be ignorant enough to take them into a randoQ

6) new gear... nothing is really screaming "must have" and I'm over making keys (haven't really made any since keygate at this time last year) so I got some shirt and a dinosaur mount. He's alright.

7) I get the focus on QOL this mod... but seriously we could use something to do.

8) RNG is still garbage - over 20 tries on a 70% chance. the rng is so bad that I've really stopped caring about upgrading anything. which defeats the point of the refinement rework.

9) My TR is still on the shelf

10) new bag layout is irksome
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• sengir0#3465 sengir0 Member Posts: 54 Arc User

My main gripe is where the hell do these ultimate mark of potencys drop and ultimate enchanting stones? Do they even drop at all?

T9G, only if you don't get the loot glitch which is really frustrating. Try to get back your old stats and do T9G, find a good group that can finish it. Finish the boss then boom!!! No box for you and you had to do it again.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    ravenskya said:

My 2 cents:

1) refining - it's fine, the need for stones that only come out of one dungeon that you managed to break in the same update certainly didn't help sell the concept though

2) bonding nerf - I wasn't BIS to start, but I happily carried people through all content. Now things I spent time and money on got gimped. I'm not worthless but I'm irritated enough that I don't have a desire to really upgrade anything anymore

3) random queue - I don't hate it, I don't love it. it just is.

4) new content - okay so we wait 6 months to get a 5-10 minute skirmish, zero story and nothing else. I was bored before, adding a 5 min skirmish doesn't alleviate my boredom. It doesn't give me anything new to do.

5) account wide unlock - this is awesome, now my cleric who has never left the stronghold and has hand me down gear from other characters - has NO SKILLS OR FEATS SELECTED can get rando Qed into FBI. Because that's where he belongs, lol. Okay so on one hand it's nice, on the other some people with characters like my DC (or SW) would actually be ignorant enough to take them into a randoQ

6) new gear... nothing is really screaming "must have" and I'm over making keys (haven't really made any since keygate at this time last year) so I got some shirt and a dinosaur mount. He's alright.

7) I get the focus on QOL this mod... but seriously we could use something to do.

8) RNG is still garbage - over 20 tries on a 70% chance. the rng is so bad that I've really stopped caring about upgrading anything. which defeats the point of the refinement rework.

9) My TR is still on the shelf

10) new bag layout is irksome

1) Refining - 100% love it. It takes less to get items leveled up and you do not need a specific item to get a bonus. When you refine an item into RP it can crit and the RP your refine into Enchantments, Runestone, Gear or an Artifact also can crit. Similar to refining a feeder artifact, but we don't need the bonus points anymore due to the changes.

2) Bonding needed to be fixed. The move from 8-12 was not linear and now going from 8-14 is linear and the progression makes more sense. For enchantments, player got a slight buff from R1-R11 so some may not have seen as much of an adjustment with their bonding due to getting some buff in stats when compared to players who had R12 enchantemts.

3) I like it. I get almost 20K running a skirmish and a standard dungeons. I get near max rough AD on my character if I can get into an epic, that is the problem, only my DC and Tank get into random epic dungeons as they are often the bonus class with my DD never seeing them pop up.

4) Like other half mods the added benefit is minor. Though when we got 11b after CoA we at least got an added story to CoA, they could have done that with this mod, it would have been nice to have that.

5) I like the account unlock. Now players who do not want to run STK or SOMI but have a high enough alt that has the 30% frost resist can run FBI or MSVA, etc...much needed for some players who run alts.

6) The near gear from the skirmish is decent, better than drowcraft but the gemmed or the older 450 blood stain shirt IMO are still slightly better.

7) The devs could of added on to the chult story if you have the campaign fully unlocked, though that appears to be the goal for mod 13.

8) RNG on refinement is horrible in this game. There are some players who can proc 1% on 3 wards all the time or so it feels like it and others, like us, may have to use 25 wards for a 90% chance item. I'm like serious devs.

9) Maybe you can take her out of retirement when mod 13 hits, maybe?

10) Bag layout - at first I hated it. But after getting use to the full 1 bag layout I love it. It makes my life easier. Identify all - awesome, the way to refine items in your bag, awesome, sorting options could improve but overall it is better than before. The one sort I would like to have is sort to bottom of the bag or sort to top of the bag. The reason I want this sort feature is that I like to put all my items I'm saving to the bottom and the items I am currently collecting to the top of the bag. Just a thought from my time using the bag.

This update was mostly about the refinement, bonding adjustment and expanding the enchantment ranking from R12 to R14 along with making augment companions usable again.

Overall I would give the devs a solid 6 here almost a 7. This update would have been a 7 if they would have added a story similar to what we saw in mod 11b.

• markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    My thoughts on this update are not great.

I absolutely hate the bag system. Navigation is buggy. I liked the previous system much better. Hoping for a button to change it back.

I refuse to play a random queue. Simply because most of the content I do not like thus why I avoided it and I especially don’t like playing with strangers who may or may not be capable or who rush through the instance ruining it for everyone else. Removing AD gains from selected/private queue wasn’t cool either. Private queue is pretty much useless now.

I know a few say bonding was something that “needed” to be adjusted but let’s be honest, too much time had passed and changing them when you (dev team) did and then basically selling it back to the players was a bad move. I noticed the text on bonding doesn’t read of stat increase for each addition bonding runstone equipped. So does that mean they no longer stack?

Refinement. I like that it takes less to rank up and gone away with the need of a second enchant to rank, however, the RP these gemstones give really makes me feel like it’s not even worth earning them. The amount of reagents seems a bit much especially since there are limited ways to earn them and the ultimates being locked behind a dungeon I will NEVER queue for really took away my excitement for upgrading. Sharandar and Dread for the refining prior to the update felt somewhat rewarding. Not so much now. The amount of time to quest in Dread vs reward. Not good. Additionally, I noticed the mount bonus Wanderers Fortune has become pretty useless. I mean, I bought a mount from the zen store specifically for this bonus a long time ago and now that was in vein. I liked the method of using feeders to level up artifacts that were more desired for character build. Seems that has now been removed.

Extremely frustrated that so many resources went in to making some of these changes no one really wanted instead of fixing bugs in the game. Lately, I’ve been finding it very hard to log in and when I do I don’t stay long. I used to play religiously for hours a day (10-12) across 8 toons and now maybe 1 or 1.5 hours total. I’m just as frustrated with the RNG in this game and have even stopped buying keys. Seeing the same 3 players pop multiple jackpot items back to back every day makes my feeling towards the games RNG even worse.
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
  • ragequittingdc#8599 ragequittingdc Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    I'm actually liking this mod quite a bit. the only major issue I have is the bonding nerf but now that I've switched main it doesn't affect me in the slightest. infact it propelled me into routine t9g completions; I previously haven't even stepped foot in there. something minor that feels like 2 steps forward then 1 back is the identify all/convert all being packaged with needing to scroll down in my inventory now. maybe for pc it doesn't matter so much, but for console it's noticeably slower to navigate. :| atleast for me, but I have yet to change the way I organize my bags to try and match it, not that I wanted to do that!

the new skirmish is good if nothing else for grinding totem cap after finishing weeklies, also the new underwear is great for my DC.
    the random queue for ad change is fine with me as well. it feels easier, atleast when I don't get matched with 1 dps idoling or disconnected in mspc and have to wait for them to give in and leave so whatever it is that needs to reset can be reset for a fresh group. hero's accord is suprisingly beatable.
    im actually the gwf carry