test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Developer Blog: Updates to Inventory Management

124»

Comments

• puggy2527puggy2527 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    So this is thread i am brought to for the updated inventory system. I must say that from a console view point this is a step back as we do not have a mouse scroll to quickly go through each bag. What use to take 2 right trigger pulls to get to bag #3 and see everything in the whole bag not takes 3 trigger pulls to go to bag #4. Or 2 trigger pulls and 2+ button pushes down on the d-pad depending on the size of your bag 3. This is a lazy oversight.
  • sgaddis13#3703 sgaddis13 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    I was really super frustrated last night with the new inventory view, and I actually feel better after reading the last two posts because I have an answer. It was designed for PC and then ported to Xbox with no adjustments.

I love some of the changes, like the ability to identify all or pull up specific things. Those are excellent, and I am very happy the devs made them, but the view itself is clunky. I am not a fan of that at all. Especially not when you accidentally jump into a different bag or you're looking for something in bag 3 but what you see on your screen is bag 2 and one line of bag 3. It's a bit odd.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Yeah too many times I hit RT to go to bag 3 on an alt and it would show bag 2 partially up top with bag 3's first row popping up from the bottom.

And it's glitchy. I also can not stand how if you sell an item out of your bag it automatically moves items in your bag to fill that empty hole!

I almost accidentally sold an item because I was not expecting that behavior in a vendor.

Posting items to the AH from your last bag is a major hassle that forces you to move items to the 1st bag before you post them. I don't know who's brilliant idea it was to remove the tabbed bag interface from vendors and the auction house. If I might make a suggestion however...fire that person and hire a UI designer that has console and pc experience. Or, like a lot of dev teams that support multiple mediums, hire a person specifically for console UI.

Sadly, when these changes were announced in the preview thread for PC I gave the same feedback I'm giving now. This will not work well on consoles with a different input device than a PC has.
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    Your not alone. The PC version has its issues too. And many of the same ones. If you could list the problems you see in a detailed fashion like 1. bag sort:..... 2. New item fills hole in wrong bag:.... That would help allot i would think. Hopefully, they get some 'user' sense into the system and make it platform designed rather than universal.
  • markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    The inventory bag change almost has to be a bug. There is no way they made it this terrible. Navigation takes 3 times as long and it’s very glitchy. Please change it back.
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
  • scary#9872 scary Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    From the "Patch Notes": 'It should now be a little more difficult to accidentally destroy Enchantments in the Manage Enchantments pane.'

How is this now "more difficult"?
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    pc change were fine but for console not really, the merge for all bags the player has is not the most reasonable decision for console players.
    Bag UI has good intentions but bad implementations:

- Sort bottom-up to have new loot added on top.
    - even better have both sorting options, because both have their uses.
    - have options to have tabbed bags for inventory/ trade/ sell/mail UI, because it takes forever to scroll down _for each item_ when starting over from top & 1st bag.
    - keep "select focus" in trade/ sell/ mail UI on where you left/ made last selection (like you already have for inventory/ use).
    - have "small icons" for profession materials/ assets, too.
    - additionally to the choice between small & big icons have choice of how many columns to display.
    - when starting on 1st bag hitting "prev bag", focus moves to last bag => OK, but display is stuck on 2nd last bag, i.e. can't see selection in last bag until selection is moved a step.
    What's the use of Identification scrolls, when all the loot is only worth for scrapping into RP?
    Ultimately this makes refining the green stuff only take an extra step: ID all, refine all convertable gear.
    It's just an annoyance and has no other use.

Why are "blue" items not converted to RP?
    By lvl70 there is no use for blue items except for refining (given all the stuff that now can easily be acquired), and now even this doesn't work anymore.
  • sgaddis13#3703 sgaddis13 Member Posts: 107 Arc User

From the "Patch Notes": 'It should now be a little more difficult to accidentally destroy Enchantments in the Manage Enchantments pane.'

Because it takes so long to get to the right bag that has the enchantment you wanted to select, you don't go on auto pilot and select the wrong option on accident because you're moving too fast. :smiley:
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

Because you'll never find your enchantments since you'll be stuck trying to navigate your bags for the rest of your life.
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User

Why are "blue" items not converted to RP?
    By lvl70 there is no use for blue items except for refining (given all the stuff that now can easily be acquired), and now even this doesn't work anymore.

On PC blue items that cannot be salvaged can now be converted to RP this also includes artifact weapons (unless they fixed this) and transmutes. On console they may be coming up with similar soon.
  • markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    Console bag navigation is horrible.
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
  • slutbaby#2043 slutbaby Member Posts: 5 Arc User

Console bag navigation is horrible.

Agreed. If I want bags in tabs, I want them to display in tabs not just navigate within a big bag with sub-sections.
    There was no need to remove this functionality