test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ToA (M12) Launch Week Feedback Thread

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Welcome to Chult! This thread will serve to gather any feedback related to bugs or issues you encounter during your journey to and on Chult during the first week of launch. Please provide as many details as possible, including repro steps if available.

This thread will be closed on 9/18.

Comments

• ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    So Far - I have started Chult on both my Healadin (13K) and Combat Ranger (11.5K).

Chult:
    1) I am so glad for the warm color scheme, thank you for getting us away from the snow
    2) I am currently enjoying the dinosaurs
    3) There was not a whole lot of explanation on the campaign progression or choosing hunts versus middle path vs whatever right path was. We have quests that appear to require us to do a hunt - but at the same time we can't do that hunt because we haven't clicked the left button in the campaign... unless we were missing something
    4) I see there is fishing again... thank you for not making me get a new boat and rod. I hope this fishing remains optional. Also I found a pair of shoes while fishing - they appear to belong to a TR if anyone is missing them.
    5) If people hadn't told me "you have to go up the middle path to unlock the dungeon" I wouldn't have known that.
    6) I like that I can get all the campaign currency over the week at my own pace.
    7) My 11.5k HR went in there with a friend and was killing things left and right. Even after we split up and I went out solo - the HR had no problems with the area unless I just pulled WAY too much at once.
    8) I went in later on my Pally - who is a 13K and set up for dungeon runs with friends. She regularly runs FBI and MSPC with no issues. I could survive in Chult - but could not kill much. I swapped over to the ArmP guild boon and the ArmP Mount power thinking that would help - in the end I just ended up standing there while people kited enemy group after enemy group at me. It was infuriating - then things started respawning while I was still fighing the first group. This was like being a super lowbie in sharandar all over again when fast characters with a sprint/roll etc lead enemies to the pally then steal the objective (in this case it was injured templars) It was infuriating. I can't believe that this far into the game you still allow grief-able objectives.
    9) this is not somewhere that a character set up as a support class will be able to traverse happily - also the fact that there are objectives where you actually have to do you own killing, you support that are smart enough to bring a DPS are going to find that they still have to kill their share of enemies

Other Changes that happened:
    1) like the quest journal update
    2) like the zoom thing so far
    3) I miss the trolls fighting the anvils - we had a great time pegging them with waterballoons for some mid-dungeon entertainment
    4) I like the additional bag slot
    5) I like the ability to sort my bank
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• abysstic1#7048 abysstic1 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I have started into Chult on my Level 70 Oathbound Paladin with a gear score of ~12,600.

First I want to irritate what Ravenskya said above in #8. Trying to get back to a treasure map location only to be trained by a road full of ambushing dinosaurs is aggravating. Paladins in Chult make a trade off of survivability in comparison to speed of pure DPS classes. My similarly geared Control Wizard friend can zip through mobs, but dies..... a lot. I am not so easy to kill, but mobs take longer. Maybe it's a trade off that we make, but having the game become more difficult by the actions of others (I.E. training mobs from the road) I don't think or hope is what is intended.

The biggest bug I have encountered so far was getting 'stuck' in the geometry of the world. This has happened at least twice and I truthfully can't tell if it was connection or server side lag contributing to the issue. While running on the road I would be ambushed by one of the larger groups of dinosaurs, not exactly sure which ones, and I would be knocked back to where the road ends and the jungle begins and I was stuck. I was unable to use any powers (daily, encounter, special, artifact) . My charter would die (life at 0) with no resurrect option, I would just be standing with one leg on the road and one in the jungle. To fix I simply logged out and then back in and found myself by a campfire.

Other issues I have noticed have yet to be replicated, most involving the boat and river travel. So after two days, granted with only about 8 hours of playtime, that's quite a good job in the bug department so far.
  • markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    •Missing objects in cutscenes i.e the book Makos is holding when you meet him again.
    •More lag than ever. Lots of rubberbanding.
    •When raptors (they look like raptors) attack you, your character is stuck for a few seconds and if you don't have enough health or defense you die before you can attack
    •T-Rex can 1 shot. As expected.
    • The campaign progression isn't explained very well.
    • I got lures but wasn't told where to use them or how
    • heroic in a 'safe area' is cool until other players bring the enemies to the campfire and leave them for you to fight off.
    • too many enemy mobs and/or their detection is too great.
    •Environment looks great. Huge zone! Nice artwork. Cool enemies! True repeatable quest. Lots of great things. Just needs some tweaks and stability.
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
  • markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    •Missing art during cutscenes i.e Makos appears to be reading a book when you meet him but it's not in his hands when he turns the page.
    •Holy stability issues! So much lag in the entire game since Mod 12. Especially in Chult
    •T-Rex can 1 shot players. As expected.
    • when the raptors attack you can't move and you die before you can attack. Not sure if this is an intended mechanism for the enemies or a bug.
    • Heroic near the camp is cool but not when other players drag enemies to the campfire and leave them for you to fight.
    •Too many mobs or too great of detection. It's seems we are fighting mobs after mobs after mobs to get to one node. Especially mobs other players leave for you. Not cool other players!
    • again, I want to comment about the laggg.
    • Big zone! Cool artwork. Lots to do. Lots of enemies! Overall fun!
    •Campaign wasn't explained very well.
    •Dragonborn sale! Thanks!

I'll have more later to add.
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
    Love the solo queue dungeons - now can you please remove the loot rolls from soloing? Thank you!
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• zarchaun41zarchaun41 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    I'm just coming back after a long time away. I like the new update, but why have you not changed the way you type with a KB? It's a pain the way you have it setup right now. Plus I still can't change the font size? Yet in your star trek game the font can be made bigger. Just a couple of gripes I have.
  • alicat22000alicat22000 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    > @zarchaun41 said:
    > I'm just coming back after a long time away. I like the new update, but why have you not changed the way you type with a KB? It's a pain the way you have it setup right now. Plus I still can't change the font size? Yet in your star trek game the font can be made bigger. Just a couple of gripes I have.

This is neverwinter. Not Star Trek online.
    I also play pally tank. I'm built for defence and HP. Not dps. Leg TRex with arm pen boon makes no difference. If you don't do much dps, your still barely going to be able to do any more with higher arm pen. Never had problems killing things before until chult. Now I go up against a trex and I take 20 minutes just to kill it and pray it don't glitch in a tree and miss out on a fang. You made hunts to be enjoyed. Farm rare items to make lures. Yet an op takes 5 times longer than dps to achieve the same goal. That's not including if a dps comes by a wipes your kill.
    Currently the only purpose a tank has in the jungle is to tank heroics. That's not good enough.
    So I've been playing it about a week now.

-I still like the visuals
    -I'm still glad its not snowing
    -The hunts, this is fun. I like this... I don't know how long it will remain fun but at the moment it's fun. We spent the weekend farming for goodies for the friend to make the lures, then we ran tons of hunts together.
    -The lures, should be able to hold a bunch of them in the inventory not just one of each
    -The nibbly bits to make the lures - only having one of each of these is irritating as well (especially since you wouldn't know this if you weren't told)
    -I find it both amusing and sad that everywhere in chult are groups of people with banking portals or mail boxes out trying to juggle this bit of inventory
    -I dont like that there are bushes that I can't jump through and some that I can - If I want to b-line directly across chult and aggro what I may, if it's not too steep up hill I should be able to do it. Right now there are invisible walls in places that make no sense
    -fishing, then getting aggro from a beast on the shore - that then dumps me out of my boat so that I get eaten by fish.
    -On being a pally... My new plan is to do everything on the hunter for the entire week on Monday so that I can slowly make it through on the pally. She is slow, she is strong but she can't kill anything without taking a DPS along. (I kid, she can kill things, it's just - man it takes a while). She is very beneficial on the hunts or with groups... but trying to solo is a nightmare. So I will need to time her Chult campaign around my friends being on.
    -There is a lot of cussing as we try to group up around chult
    -drop rate on some of the lure items is a bit low

Here are my requests
    1) I want a companion that is a pack of 3-5 compies that move in unison and attack in a swarm.
    2) why are there no Triceratops in Chult? I really wanted one as a mount - not a flying carpet.
    3) dump the invisible barriers - If I can see through it I want to be able to run through it.
    4) make objectives ungriefable and group shareable as far as collecting junk goes.
    5) increase the drop rate on things for the lures - I spent 3 hours doing a circuit of slaughtering the scorpions for the venom. In that time the spawn rate of the appropriate scorpion type appeared to be a less than a 10% chance (four full circuits of me dispatching 100% of the scorpions in a circle without one even spawning - I believe it was roughly 5 groups of scorpions, two groups of tigers and 3 groups of raptors in the circle I was making). It took 3 hours of this circle while chatting with my friends to get one to drop. SOOOOO not doing that again.
    6) We should be able to hire a team of companions (like in old BG games where you had NPC's that went with you.) If my friends aren't on, or are stuck in a 3 hour MSPC I should be able to go pick up some NPC hired hands to take with me for some assistance. Like rent them to me for like a gold each an hour and I'll grab myself a tank and a Deeps and I'll be good to go - either through Chult or through any dungeon. They don't even have to be strong, make them IL7K 70's for rent.
    7) I've thought about it some more - I'm not kidding on the compie companion... I need one of those.

• abysstic1#7048 abysstic1 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Before the thread closes I have one last bug that is reoccurring. When I zone into port Nyanzaru on my Paladin and another player or group is hitting the training dummie as I pass by I am thrown into combat. Something continues to proc and I can not leave combat, and I am unable to zone without logging in and out. Not a show stopper, but annoying as it has happened a few times when the zone is full of players.
    So I encountered a whole shiny new issue last night.

I get into the port on my pally - and I'm in combat. This is normal my pally has trouble with being in combat at random times. I pick up my quests and have to walk to the front door - because I can't summon my mount due to being in combat.

I get to the front door and I can't get into the jungle because I can't get out of combat.
    So I attempt to desummon my companion but I can't because I'm in combat, but she's right next to me and being a good bird.
    I attempt to remove my shirt and pants since I'm told the everfrost set can lock you in combat - can't do that because I'm in combat
    I turn off my bond - still no luck, still in combat
    I hit"I'm stuck" and am told I can't do this because I'm in combat
    I hit defeat me
    I stand back up and I'm still in combat
    I try everything again including going to a different door
    I hit "defeat me" again and get up and go walk the dogs leaving myself laying their dead on the ground
    when I get back I rez and immediately change instances
    At this point I can now go out the door.

Through the entire evening I had to walk everywhere because I was never out of combat - I couldn't interact with anything and even after removing my shirt and pants - was still in combat through most of it. My overloads drained with my patience and I finally went to bed.

This is annoying.

Cant run MSVA with less than 10 people, but you can queue for it with less than 10 people... you just can't get through the door.

• p4bl0rd#2160 p4bl0rd Member Posts: 2 New User
    i am lvl 15 and i cannot chat. how to unlock chat?

i am lvl 15 and i cannot chat. how to unlock chat?

That is normal - you have to complete a series of quests that I believe will get you to somewhere around level 30 before you can start chatting. You have to complete Black lake, Neverdeath and I think one other quest - Mount hotenow maybe?

Went into ToNG last night for the first time to “scout it out” there were 4 of us in the group. DC, OP tank (me), a TR and GWF. Due to the late start and our plan on just scouting we only went through the second boss because it was so late.
    1) The dungeon is very good looking A+ to the people that did the design.
    2) This dungeon doesn’t seem to have a lot of instruction to it… we don’t tend to “read ahead” and were often guessing what we needed to do. We made it through everything because we all like puzzles but we weren’t sure others would. I’m not entirely sure how our friend figured out the sword/chalice thing.
    3) The Orcus fight (and we feel this way about the KoS fight in Chult) – okay so if the boss has a ton of AOE/Effects based attacks, you guys need to realize the limitations of your game and the fact that when a boss does some big attack AND a ton of adds show up AND we are attacking using spells/visual effects/auras etc – THE LAG IS REAL.
    4) We got to the second boss and with all of the effects – none of us could see what was happening, where we were, where our downed friends were. It was late so we called it quits – but seriously – unless we are missing something, you cant see ANYTHING that is going on in that fight and the lag had us rubber banding all over the place.

So far we are enjoying the dungeon, this weekend we plan on starting earlier so that we can go from beginning to end and hope that it turns out to be a fun dungeon all the way through. I just wish it hadn't been so laggy

• obeytheblunt#9477 obeytheblunt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    For everyone who is saying that there tanks don’t have the ability to kill need to understand that’s what Arc wanted they don’t want us soloing areas their trying to make us use resources like guild/alliance ands friends party up an enjoy. I’m personally very happy to see this my squad has had the dungeon open for a week now today an by squad I mean 3 Dps 1Healer and our tank team work will make it worth it.
    Made it all the way through ToNG multiple times now... oh and y'all did another update tuesday

1)GWF Unstoppable bug seems to be back? and involved with having max determination while falling in love
    2)I really like ToNG super fun dungeon. However - if you die on RasNie you can end up back in the dungeon alone. Seems to happen if you fall off then release before you hit the ground
    3)ToNG - Withers, I still think there is too much going on in here for the lag that's happening. I mean we kill him every time but we legit CAN'T do the mechanics because you rubberband so badly that you just might as well stand there and try to burn.
    4) Drop rates for hunt lure stuff is stupid bad - venom tails especially
    5) There is a place you can come out of the jungle and think you are leaping into the river into your boat - this special place lets you land in your boat, in a loop of a tree limb that you can't get out of. You also can't move, exit the boat, or anything... you just sit there stuck in the river in your boat until you defeat me
    6)House of the Crocodile - we are running at a 100% mobs stuck in the walls rate. Kill the two waves, and the last guy from the first wave is stuck in the wall. We have to "defeat me" all at the same time and hang out at the fire to get the whole thing to reset.

• genodaman#0807 genodaman Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    OP tank very consistently in battle mode. Both in Chult and jungle. Chult possibly because of the practice dummies being attacked by npc? Doesn't matter where I walk to in zone, only fix I found, log out back in. Jungle, I assume the aggro radius of the mobs is HUGE. Very difficult to fight a single group in many areas, particularly the Batiri camp. Tip for slow killing OP. Valhalla artifact. Pulls threat as well as does a decent amount of dmg. Cuts my time doing dailies alone quite a bit. Lure drop rates are horrible, but that's certainly in line with your reputation. Over-all happy with expansion.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    I hate Chult more than IWD area and I have not played IWD area on any character after the many runs I did on my DC where other players simply stole the objective I was clearing or working towards completing.

The group jumping in on you and killing you in one or two hits is annoying. Quite a few times now I find myself respawning as I'm not a tank but a DC. Even the weaker enemies in that area after a few hits and you are dead. My DC is my highest IL character and I am quite frankly only in Chult area to open up the hunts and TONG. If there was a campaign buy for Chult I would do it right now.

I would have started this area sooner but I was trying to finish up STK/SoMI but that has not gone as planned for due to many players moving onto TONG and the Chult area.

I hope the adjustment to bonding does not make an annoying area more annoying. If it does, I will rethink which character to become my main due to the lack of damage I do as a full on support build.

I wish content even open area would be designed around the number of players in the group, making it easier for those of us who solo and for those that run groups have a bit more difficulty. I know it can be done, they did int CoA and they should be able to keep that up in newer zone going forward.