test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mount speed

adrien35adrien35 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
Hey guys. Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question... :) I bought a mount at the wondrous bazar, said it increases your speed by 80%. After equipping it, it says 50%. So, am I missing something, did I just waste 500.000 astral diamonds, and do I ask for my money back? :D It's the medium waterdeep horse, btw :)
Thank you all!

Comments

• samerikersameriker Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    @adrien35 I never felt like speed is an issue in the game, but that is just my opinion. I just run a 50% Shadow Wolf myself because it looks cool.

The mount in question should be 80% speed, blue (rare) color, and have 3 slots for insignia; 2 barbed and 1 illuminated. Since I don't own this mount myself, it could just be a typo in the game. (Hint: Lots of spelling errors in this game too.) Here is how to test your mount. Race another blue mount. If you keep up, then you are at 80%. The 80% mounts seem like I am driving the speed limit and they are just using a passing gear.

If I am running at 10 Mph, (pretty good for marathon running) my 50% mount is going at 15 Mph. Your 80% mount is going at 18 Mph. Only 3 Mph faster so it looks like you are walking away. They are not blazing fast. The fastest mounts are 140% or 24 Mph.
    Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident; the only earthly certainty is oblivion. ~ Mark Twain
  • arxairarxair Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    You have to change your movement speed in your mounts tab. Under movement you probably have "Common tack". Click "Change" and choose "Exceptional tack". You can actually mix mounts' speed and appearance, you can even make a regular horse run at 140% speed if you own orange mount.
  • samerikersameriker Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    arxair said:

You have to change your movement speed in your mounts tab. Under movement you probably have "Common tack". Click "Change" and choose "Exceptional tack". You can actually mix mounts' speed and appearance, you can even make a regular horse run at 140% speed if you own orange mount.

I should have remembered that too, ever since they changed the mounts. They make changes and it is like having to learn to play all over again. Thanks!
    Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident; the only earthly certainty is oblivion. ~ Mark Twain
  • antfire#6852 antfire Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    My problem is that I just bout a panther (blue) says it can go 80% but when I go to change the speed it only has the 50% button
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

My problem is that I just bout a panther (blue) says it can go 80% but when I go to change the speed it only has the 50% button

Question: Is the Panther still in your inventory/bag?

If it is, then you need to double click on the Panther to apply the mount to your stable.
    Then the game will allow you to change the mount speed (and mount skin, if you want).