test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How is the game now? (old player)

Played alot when the game was new on xbox one, enjoyed it alot, but sadly the lag and the grind kinda killed it in the end.
How are the game now? Still laggy?
Still ALOT ALOT of grind if you dont play or is it within reach to get top-end gear? :)
What is it to do late-game nowadays?

Comments

• zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    I've never had a serious problem with lag overall, just the occasional issues. I believe ISP, routing and location affect that the most.
    Very much a lot of grind to get top tier gear, however they have made gear just a little below it easier to get. Except for high end PvP, this slightly lower gear is more than adequate for most players and content.
    Same as before for late game, some newer dungeons, but otherwise no change from whatever you preferred to do before.
  • destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    The lag still happen sometimes but honestly when you have such a huge game with so many peoples on screen, i kinda accept it personally.

The grind is still there and huge. New campaigns get grindier and grindiers and recently they just expected us to grind thousands of hours for an RNG achievement... Im ok with reasonable grindy, its an MMO after all, but at time i feel they compensate the lack of content or should i say "interesting content" but making it extra grindy. Like River District, fun story, fun little campaign in itself (doing the story missions). But all the grind around it is uber tedious. Story missions can be done in a couple hours at most... While the grind will take you weeks if you go hard, months if your a bit more "casual" and skip days.

One thing for sure tough, linking achievements to RNG is not ok !!

Anyway, i would finish in saying you would find the game very different as in the past, but not unfamiliar...
  • rich#7184 rich Member Posts: 1 New User
    It's amazing except for 1 thing thats about to be altered wrongfully which is runestones...
    Its just a way to make you pay. Basically once you upgrade those runestone to level 14 you will maybe not as much as you have right now at 12 but close. Its just a way to make you pay again to upgrade them without actually giving your character more stats... Its shady sure but its the least of my concern right now.
  • yiazzyyiazzy Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Puxo, one word of advice before getting on topic. Some people will only complain about a pointless achievement that doesn't impact the game. It's entirely unimportant, so ignore anything involving discussing achievements -_-

Yes, it's a bit more grindey. But the return you get in stats and variation is great.
    As for people complaining about Bondings being changed? A lot will exaggerate and say that they're being nerfed into the ground and not to use them. IGNORE THESE SALT MONGERS. They're being adjusted yes, but all it means is they'll be active a BIT less than they currently are. Woopdedoo. Not a problem.

Refining is changing for the better! Read up on it :)

Idk if you were interested in PvP but Tenacity is no longer a thing as of the 9th January on console. Very intriguing.

Lockboxes are more rewarding than ever! No more uncommon drops!

Hopefully you won't get bombarded by the salty and/or elitist players, who still think their misguided rants will hurt the developers (lol), and still have fun playing the game for yourself
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    yiazzy said:

Puxo, one word of advice before getting on topic. Some people will only complain about a pointless achievement that doesn't impact the game. It's entirely unimportant, so ignore anything involving discussing achievements -_-

Yes, it's a bit more grindey. But the return you get in stats and variation is great.

As for people complaining about Bondings being changed? A lot will exaggerate and say that they're being nerfed into the ground and not to use them. IGNORE THESE SALT MONGERS. They're being adjusted yes, but all it means is they'll be active a BIT less than they currently are. Woopdedoo. Not a problem.

Refining is changing for the better! Read up on it :)

Idk if you were interested in PvP but Tenacity is no longer a thing as of the 9th January on console. Very intriguing.

Lockboxes are more rewarding than ever! No more uncommon drops!

Hopefully you won't get bombarded by the salty and/or elitist players, who still think their misguided rants will hurt the developers (lol), and still have fun playing the game for yourself

Do you even play Neverwinter? I kid, I kid.

1 - I don't care about achievements but some people do. If they want to argue about ridiculous RNG achievements, it's their prerogative and not for you to decide if it impacts the game for them. Maybe Puxo is an achievement hunter and would love to know that 1 stupid achievement is basically left to chance and 100% dumb luck.

2 - A bit more grindy? Try ALOT more grind in the game, especially if you haven't played in ages.

3 - Bondings were nerfed. If getting to r14 doesn't get you the stats you had at r12 prior to "adjustment", it's a a nerf. You can argue it all you want. The fact that you sugarcoat by only mentioning uptime while avoiding the stats % you get from bondings is misleading. One could say you are exaggerating just as much as the people that cried that the sky fell with the nerf. The fact is you have to buy back what was taken from you in stats after the nerf. That affects some harder than others. End of story.

4- Refining was improved in some manners. Some would say some aspects improved while other changes made 1-2 things worse. I would say that makes the new system a solid win.

5 - What's PVP? j/k

6 - Rewarding lockboxes is a relative opinion. I find them just as rewarding as they always were. Sometimes you hit, sometimes you miss.

7 - Play the game for yourself like yiazzy says. You'll decide if it's grindy to you and worth the investment in time.

PS - The lag is for real, especially in the latest dungeon, T9G.
    Fair enough ecrana, I laughed for the most part but....6? The removal of all Uncommon quality drops isn't rewarding enough for you? :wink:
    yiazzy said:

Its not because its the case for you, not carring about it, that its the same for everybody. Yes for me it does impact a lot the game, like a freaking lot. It snooze all the motivation in me to stay relevant in the game, to stay a top tier character.

I have no idea how it will impact there player base or not, but im sure they have already loose some peoples and/or will loose more. I for one may have never been a big paying player, but i enjoyed putting a 10-20 here and there in the game. I won't put a dime tough ever again unless they fix this. And eventually as the motivation in me is getting lower and lower ill just quit the game completely...
    Then you'll quit destro. They won't take the achievements out of the game, it's that simple.
    Remember the 2000 Dragons achievement? A LOT more time-consuming than this +5 Ring achievement you and others are complaining about, but did you complain about doing 500 Dragonflights for the achievement? Didn't think so.

Gamerscore impacts NOTHING. It means literally nothing. Just play the game for the game's sake, stop playing it like it's a job and you might actually enjoy it.
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    -w- The game is overall fairly alright, pvp’s getting a lil’ better PvE is still the same as always, though you may need quite a few millions to be BiS... cx