test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Swords of Chult Preview Patch Notes: NW.90.20171107g.7 (Update 2017-12-13)

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Content and Environment
General
  • Spellplague Caverns: Loadouts should be swappable at all the campfires. Hopefully for real this time.

Items and Economy
General
  • Chultan Merchant Shirt and Pants no longer have flavor text that pertains to Roy or Sandy.
  • Illusions summoned by the Mirage weapon set no longer cause the character to continuously attack after leaving combat.
  • Rare (blue) quality equipment that is not salvageable for Astral Diamonds can now be converted to Refinement Points.
  • Various typos have been addressed.
Zen Market
  • Blood Ruby ads in the Home screen no longer show their old Refinement Point values.

User Interface
General
  • Exported combat logs once again show tenths of seconds.
  • Lockbox messages are now localized to the receiving player's chosen language, and now include item links.
  • The ExportGuildBankLog command now includes whether a transaction was a deposit or withdrawal.
  • The cutscene editor should work again in Demo Play mode.

Localization
General
  • Various fixes and updates have been made to Swords of Chult localization for French, German, Italian, and Russian.

Performance and Stability
General
  • Some backend changes were made to the game client. No changes should be seen for players running on 32-bit processors and operating systems, and players running on 64-bit will likely see the game take up more resources, but use them more intelligently.
    • If you're running into issues with these changes, there's a new option in the launcher to force the game to run in 32-bit mode.
    • This change is only active on NeverwinterPreview for now, and may not apply when this build goes live.
  • Minor performance issues were found and fixed in the Home Page UI.
Post edited by terramak on

Comments

• almondumalmondum Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    "Rare (blue) quality equipment that is not salvageable for Astral Diamonds can now be converted to Refinement Points."

Thank you!
  • mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    Bout time :)
  • shaleych#5171 shaleych Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Hey Cryptic. My PC 64 bit.
    I can not go with 64 bits of windows.
    In 32 bit it works

https://prnt.sc/hla0hy
    https://prnt.sc/hl9pzj
    Post edited by shaleych#5171 on
  • metalsabrwolfmetalsabrwolf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 59 Arc User
    i mentioned that before the new mod went online. about time that change occured. tyvm
  • dogis#8617 dogis Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    terramak said:

Content and Environment
    General

Items and Economy

Rare (blue) quality equipment that is not salvageable for Astral Diamonds can now be converted to Refinement Points.
    Would it be Double RP to compare with normal "green" ones ?
  • mduf17mduf17 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    Cannot launch preview on a 64 bit OS.

What's the option to launch in 32 bit?
  • forhakenforhaken Member Posts: 6 Arc User

• terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    mduf17 said:

Cannot launch preview on a 64 bit OS.

What's the option to launch in 32 bit?

1. In the Neverwinter launcher, select the "NeverwinterPreview" server, but don't click Play.
    2. In the upper-right of the launcher, click the "Options" link.
    3. Scroll down to the Game section, then activate the checkbox next to the "Use 32-bit Client" option.
    4. Click Save, then Play as usual.
    Thank you!
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    @terramak, are you able to tell us anything about the closed-off areas in dungeons? I'm talking about CC, GWD, and ToS. Has the team at least talked about it? It's been two-and-a-half years since we were able to enter them.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    hustin1 said:

@terramak, are you able to tell us anything about the closed-off areas in dungeons? I'm talking about CC, GWD, and ToS. Has the team at least talked about it? It's been two-and-a-half years since we were able to enter them.

Kinda off topic for this thread, but there's nothing particularly special about 'em. The initial release of the dungeons was meant to feel a little "exploration-y" and like a D&D style dungeon delve, if I remember correctly. When we touched 'em up for their return post-mod6, we had a bit better understanding of how players approached dungeon content, and streamlined them as a result.

As far as I'm aware, there are no plans to open those areas up, and there's currently not any loot worth getting in there.

If folks feel that we lost something special with those, we can consider ways to get that feel of discovery / exploration in the future.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    An unexpected issue with the ability to use blue items as RP is that the auto converter is grabbing up the various transmute items... which is especially bad since we are now starting Winterfest that can drop a ton of those very items. The RP value is minuscule also, since they are level 1.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    terramak said:

hustin1 said:

Kinda off topic for this thread, but there's nothing particularly special about 'em. The initial release of the dungeons was meant to feel a little "exploration-y" and like a D&D style dungeon delve, if I remember correctly. When we touched 'em up for their return post-mod6, we had a bit better understanding of how players approached dungeon content, and streamlined them as a result.

As far as I'm aware, there are no plans to open those areas up, and there's currently not any loot worth getting in there.

If folks feel that we lost something special with those, we can consider ways to get that feel of discovery / exploration in the future.
    Want to make a challenge? Open up some of those dungeons, hide the quest trail, and then spawn the end boss in one of multiple locations. Doing this in CN would be BRUTAL :) Always felt the quest trail cheated things a little. There is absolutley no "which way do I go now" feeling.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    terramak said:

hustin1 said:

To say I'm disappointed would be an understatement. I beg to differ about them not being particularly special: a lot of us run dungeons for more than the simple utilitarian goal of loot. Dungeons are mysterious and dangerous places that should be filled with all manner of the unexpected. Having "side" areas that appear unrelated to the primary path makes them special in their own right: the main target of a dungeon run can often have unknown rivals for that space (as dungeons take a lot of effort to build), known enemies, and unknown co-inhabitants.

That is what makes it fun -- deciding to go down that narrow underground chasm that everyone goes past and finding the xorns plotting to attack the drow, for instance. Or maybe you find a colony of gelatinous cubes that Ethraniev doesn't know about. Or maybe you find a room with undead pirates who are plotting against Traven, or who are working some side job on the sly. Those spiders in Cragmire seem out of place compared to everything else in the dungeon -- how did they get there? There was originally a side area that explained it.

As for the lack of decent loot, that is entirely the point; those areas provide the thrill of finding something new, even if you had run the dungeon many times before. If those areas had loot worth getting, that would be lost as every dungeon run would go there.

Lore has worth. Never forget that.

We indeed lost something very special when they were taken away, and restoring them should be the lowest of low-hanging fruit. Just dynamite the objects blocking them off. It saddens me that their value is somehow lost on the folks there.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    pitshade said:

An unexpected issue with the ability to use blue items as RP is that the auto converter is grabbing up the various transmute items... which is especially bad since we are now starting Winterfest that can drop a ton of those very items. The RP value is minuscule also, since they are level 1.

Also you wait weeks to get the right rare task for the item for MC1 weaponsmithing and it grabs that too.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    pitshade said:

Yup, the blue filter needs adjustment, or at least the RP menu needs green / blue separate selectors for now.
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    It would also be kinda nice to have a misc/event RP for the CN RP items and event RP, since there are often a ton of tiny pieces required for those.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• mrddter#4818 mrddter Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    i cannot run on 64 bit
    Post edited by mrddter#4818 on
  • sultan#7991 sultan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    when new patch?
This discussion has been closed.