test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.85.20170808a.25

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 53 Community Manager

Comments

• illussionillussion Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    This is awful , neverwinter is the worse game to play on because of the endless maintenance. 1 times a week this is outrageous. Thumbs down
  • kuney1kuney1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    this is nothing unusual all these type games go through weekly maitience
  • mdspl666mdspl666 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    5 gigs of update for nothing more than minor tweaks?

Why?
  • manufracturemanufracture Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    mdspl666 said:

5 gigs of update for nothing more than minor tweaks?

Why?

My thoughts exactly...I went to read the notes expecting something awesome but it is generic stuff? Wow talk about a waste of data....
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    There are updates to winterfest, maybe there is some cool in those 5 gigs....and my update was only 93MB...so idk
    Post edited by sundance777 on
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    If you cancel patching, do you have to start all over again or will it pick up where it left off?

It's been patching over half an hour now, patch size was 1,8 GB which usually downloads in a couple of minutes.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    That's weird, maybe there was more than one patch, maybe I only got the patch before the patch.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    If you have never downloaded the winter festival before, you download will be larger.

As for weekly maintenance, it is normal. You have to remember that this game runs 24 hours a day. A weekly reset of the servers keeps things running smoothly. So relax, read a book, reconnect with a friend, eat a meal besides junk food, change the Depends. The world will not come to an end if you can't play a game for a couple of hours.
  • kacsaneverkacsanever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User

If you have never downloaded the winter festival before, you download will be larger.

As for weekly maintenance, it is normal. You have to remember that this game runs 24 hours a day. A weekly reset of the servers keeps things running smoothly. So relax, read a book, reconnect with a friend, eat a meal besides junk food, change the Depends. The world will not come to an end if you can't play a game for a couple of hours.

I am playing for 3+ years (since the first mod) and this 5 Gb seems ridiculuos. Weekly maintanace are scheduled on Thurstday, not on Tuesday, so it's again a silly excuse. Any official reply/explanation would be a must have as communication is what could easy up such situations.
    edited November 2017
    Weekly maintenance has almost always been on Tuesday from 7 to 9 am PT. Events start on Thursday. My patch was only 93 MB.
  • xcrowtherxcrowther Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    The patch notes for today's maintenance under PC are different than those found under Xbox, would I be correct in assuming that the changes for PC have not been applied on the Xbox or has console had the same patch/fixes?
    Don't the do the server resets on Tuesday? That is what my Xbox always says. Or is that different from maintenance?
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    xcrowther said:

The patch notes for today's maintenance under PC are different than those found under Xbox, would I be correct in assuming that the changes for PC have not been applied on the Xbox or has console had the same patch/fixes?

The patch notes are always different for PC. PC is on a completely different build than the consoles. PC is on 12b right now, the consoles are both still on mod 12. PC is 2 - 3 months ahead of Xbox.

Don't the do the server resets on Tuesday? That is what my Xbox always says. Or is that different from maintenance?

Xbox, yes. PC is generally always on Thursdays.

My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    All that patching, still no fix to Shadow of Demise.
    Okay, got confused. Thanks. :)
  • eliciabby#4446 eliciabby Member Posts: 1 New User
    Did they nerf the CW again?