test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wrathful Determination v Weapon Master

santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
edited November 2017 in The Militia Barracks
I've never fully understood the benefit of Wrathful Determinaton. I'm not being snarky. Could someone explain how it is beneficial compared to keeping Weapon Master and putting a few thousand into power over crit?

Weapon master with feats appears to give about 15% additional crit, and if everything else is max'ed you can then add on 5000-10,000 extra power (these are not exact numbers, just a suggestion of what can be done.)

Comments

• dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

I've never fully understood the benefit of Wrathful Determinaton. I'm not being snarky. Could someone explain how it is beneficial compared to keeping Weapon Master and putting a few thousand into power over crit?

Weapon master with feats appears to give about 15% additional crit, and if everything else is max'ed you can then add on 5000-10,000 extra power (these are not exact numbers, just a suggestion of what can be done.)

Since WD gives a % damage buff, it is better than extra stats (it replaces crit, which as you say can be moved over to power) if you have tons of stats. The real clincher is OP and DC power sharing, because it substantially devalues your 5-10k extra power, but % buff from WD retains it's value.

The general wisdom is to keep WM as long as you're working on your gear / missing crit. Once you've capped crit from other places, WD provides the next step up.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Thanks for the discussion. I did some light respeccing back to high 90s on crit and Wrathful. But it hurts my epeen to give up 50K power standing still! :smile:
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    -w- T’is Why my Power is the way it is, such a small increase of Damage if I change it, plus I like 100% crit I hate seeing non-crits. Cx
  • c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    With the Bonding nerf I can't see a way of using Wrathful Determination without Swordmaster considering you need 100% crit. WD is just another niche power that is only good if you are BiS and the have right setup. Don't bother with it if you're not at 100% crit w/o SM.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    The bonding nerf has us all playing 52 card pickup with our stats. Spend a couple of years building and balancing stats--and then whoosh, a tornado rips through!
  • kevros62kevros62 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    I'm with you Santralafax my head is still spinning from that Dev induced tornado
  • nihlocke#5890 nihlocke Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    So, when does the % dmg bonus from Wrathful Determination outweight the 15% or whatever crit from Weapon Master?

Would it be worth it to stay, let' say, at 85% crit and slot Wratful Determination instead of Weapon Master (and changing the sword knot bonus of course)?
  • demolitioninc#2453 demolitioninc Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    It doesn't. Use weapon master until your build crits 108%. Turn it off you should crit 93%. For me that is the border to run solo PvE at 93% and when you go into dungeons you can buff yourself with potions, stronghold food, food and elixiers.
    At 93% you can use WD. In case you use T.Lightning or above - use steel blitz instead of WD, because steel blitz will procc on the ligthning arcs.
    1. PzkwVI_Kingtiger - GWF
    2. PMS-Extreme - Moffus Debuffos
    3. Tiamat's Toyboy - OP
    4. Rent-A-DC - 1 GMOP per 30 minutes
    5. Officer at Civil Anarchy, Member of Fabled Alliance
This discussion has been closed.