test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CORSAIR giveaway update

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Hello! We have been working with our partners at CORSAIR to look into various reported issues with the giveaway throughout the weekend. Additional mount codes have been provided to CORSAIR so if you did not receive a mount code, you can try re-entering. In addition, players who had "0 entries" should now be able to re-enter and have their entry # displaying properly.

If you are still experiencing issues or are unable to enter the giveaway, please submit a ticket to support. Thank you!

Comments

• earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    I can't use the buttons on their page I had been trying for days
    eg.
    Subscribe to the YouTube channel:

Then click here to verify:

and
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter

sent them a message to their questions link down the bottom and got a reply that they were looking into it
    but they never replied after that.

even sent them a pic of the 400 points I couldn't get verified
    https://i.imgur.com/CFzVtyr.jpg
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Any browser security add-ons? Had one running that kept me from going through. Turned it off and got everything squared away.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • anguskartanguskart Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    I had already entered over the weekend with no code, and when the codes reappeared it said I had 00 entries, and I could not re enter to get the points for the code.
    I tried a vpn, cleared browser cache and cookies, nothing worked.
    Finally I tried firefox instead of the chrome I normally use, and was able to completely re-enter and get the code.

Ive got to give you guys credit for providing new codes after the original fiasco. Maybe you and/or Corsair should use a different third party service for the contest entries.
  • ruihanaruihana Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    My question is...will our tickets even get answered before the giveaway is over? I hope so.
    greywynd said:

Any browser security add-ons? Had one running that kept me from going through. Turned it off and got everything squared away.

that may of been my problem..
    I ended up switching to the new firefox.. have been meaning to give that shot anyway
    took like 30s

thanks for the help for getting some of us that were stumped at the web page the chance to get one of these mounts
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

eg.

and

sent them a message to their questions link down the bottom and got a reply that they were looking into it

They ran out ofcodes to give out Friday night. They have gotten more, but the ppl that jumped theru the hoops over the weekend don't count, for some reason. Enter with a new e-mail address & you will get your code.
  • strykergaming#5011 strykergaming Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2017

Hello! We have been working with our partners at CORSAIR to look into various reported issues with the giveaway throughout the weekend. Additional mount codes have been provided to CORSAIR so if you did not receive a mount code, you can try re-entering. In addition, players who had "0 entries" should now be able to re-enter and have their entry # displaying properly.

If you are still experiencing issues or are unable to enter the giveaway, please submit a ticket to support. Thank you!

I'm short 400 points. I cannot verify Neverwinter or Corsair on Facebook. I submitted a ticket to Customer Service on this very issue yesterday and they told me this:

Moderator edited out private correspondence.

After two more contacts about this I'm told to "contact Corsair." Customer service will not help they are passing the buck off.

I've tried clearing cache, cookies, using a private FireFox browser and nothing. What's interesting is in the private browser, Corsair and Neverwinter cannot be verified either. Neither list the points like the others do.
    Post edited by kreatyve on

eg.

and

They ran out ofcodes to give out Friday night. They have gotten more, but the ppl that jumped theru the hoops over the weekend don't count, for some reason. Enter with a new e-mail address & you will get your code.
    i did 3 emails to their support over the weekend (probably automated) there were roughly 6k mounts left when I did the 1st one and about 2k when I did the last one (asking to help me out because they were running out fast)

seems it was definitely Chrome that was messing me about
    edited November 2017
    Edited out moderator edited quote.

if there is still some available I would seriously suggest trying another browser.. where Chrome didn't do it for me it might for you.. try IE or something 1st if you already have it.

edit:btw , I didn't have to resubmit my email after I exported my chrome user setting to firefox
    Post edited by kreatyve on

if there is still some available I would seriously suggest trying another browser.. where Chrome didn't do it for me it might for you.. try IE or something 1st if you already have it.

I have. As soon as I enter my sign in for Facebook, it immediately reverts to my completed form. This after deleting my cookies. Trust me, I've tried every browser available. It will not let me update those two.

• inyawayupdeepinyawayupdeep Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 206 Arc User
    So is there any way to get this for people who don't have Facebook or Twitter accounts
  • fireydog#9578 fireydog Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Also entered this eventually, it took a little time to officially open, clicked and tick all the boxes, when does the draw close? Since I dont yet have the free mount, does it get issued automatically or is there a reward code?
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hello! I've reached out for more information from Corsair on how to troubleshoot some of the issues being experienced!
  • fireydog#9578 fireydog Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Just submitted a ticket :) I definitely have the points but the total is still apparently 0. Still codes available as I checked so all should work Will see what occurs :smiley:
  • d3drkshadowd3drkshadow Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2017

Just submitted a ticket :) I definitely have the points but the total is still apparently 0. Still codes available as I checked so all should work Will see what occurs :smiley:

had the same problem but just know there was a red 1 beside the rewards and it let me get the code. :-)
    Heads up all. Neverwinter Customer Service will not help you. My last correspondence from CS just told me that they do not communicate with Corsair or Sideqik. So, sending a ticket to them is not going to get this resolved.

However, Sideqik (the one running this) will resolve it. They just did for me.

At the bottom of the entry page on the far right side (bottom) you'll find a question mark. Click that and send them your issue. You'll receive a message back from their customer service. I recommend taking a screenshot of your results then email it back via the message you receive. They took care of mine. FYI, the customer service agent for Sideqik admitted they were having an issue and side this promotion was having problems for some reason.
  • Sorry, newbie question here. Now that I have a code, where do I go to get the mount? Not finding anything on NW, and I tried redeeming on ARC but was told invalid code. Where do I go from here?
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

Sorry, newbie question here. Now that I have a code, where do I go to get the mount? Not finding anything on NW, and I tried redeeming on ARC but was told invalid code. Where do I go from here?

Try clicking on the "View Redeemed Keys" button. It might ask you to sign into the Arc launcher again. Do that, then try to input the code again.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • zydacian#3209 zydacian Member Posts: 1 New User
    I've redeemed the code for the Soot Lion, yet I have nothing to claim at the NPC in town. Any ideas ?
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hi everyone!

We are in communication with Sideqik while they attempt to resolve the issues impacting entries. In the meantime, you can try opening the campaign/giveaway window in incognito mode to see if that resolves some of the blockers.

For mount claiming issues, you should be able to go to the reward tab and claim the mount. If this is still not resolving the situation, please reach out to Sideqik for support.
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited November 2017

I've redeemed the code for the Soot Lion, yet I have nothing to claim at the NPC in town. Any ideas ?

I had to log out and log back in after entering my code. After I did that, I was able to claim my lion mount.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    I found out about the giveaway 1 day after it started. I went to the arc blogpost about the giveaway and clicked the link Arc provided to go to the giveaway. The corsair page had no tasks to complete (I clicked on all of the tabs) and when I clicked on the lion tab, it said the website had sold out of lions. When the giveaway page through arc didn't work, I tried googling the giveaway but came across the same page, no tasks to complete and it also said "sold out" when you looked at the lion tab. I tried clicking all of the tabs on the site but the tasks you needed to enter the giveaway simply were not there. The arc blogpost about this giveaway stated that the giveaway wasn't suposed to end until the 25th. Because the corsair website said sold out, me and a few other players I talked to thought the giveaway was over and that the arc blog had forgotten to mention that the website could run out of lions prematurely.

A few days later, I saw that people in game were saying you could still claim lions from the giveaway. Most of them were able to claim a lion but one person in chat was unable to claim theirs. Their issue was not the same issue I had though. They completed all of the tasks you needed to gain points but even after completing all tasks, their point counter still said 0. Eventually someone in that chat channel provided a link to the giveaway. When I tried their version of the giveaway link, it still took you to the corsair site but the layout was slightly different looking and this time, it actually provided the tasks you needed to complete. I completed all of the tasks and was able to claim my code and my mount. I ran into one more small issue where I wasn't able to claim my lion from the rewards claim agent in PE until I had logged out and logged back in again.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • morgelyn#8640 morgelyn Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    hi i got my code where do i use it? thanks in advance, im totally stuck
  • morgelyn#8640 morgelyn Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    BTW ive been to rewards claim agent and there is no lion, also logged on and off many times
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

hi i got my code where do i use it? thanks in advance, im totally stuck

On the Arc Launcher for the game.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.