test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone getting beholder mount from artificers workshop?

Just curious, I haven’t been seeing the big message in the middle of the screen announcing it. Anyone get one?

Comments

• markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    Isn’t that instance locked?
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
  • bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    > @markeen#2032 said:
    > Isn’t that instance locked?

Nope... opened yesterday.

I have not seen one pop on xbox yet. There are 3-4 on the AH, but I'm sure those are from the last event. Interaction with beholder seems screwy still. On my dc i gotta hunt for the sweet spot to interact. No issues on my sw or gf thou. This could be causing some issues with others.

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• zstewar3zstewar3 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Same on PS4, wonder if it’s bugged. Guess I will stop trying it for now.
  • zstewar3zstewar3 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Never mind, I have seen a couple of people get it, not bugged.
  • jrdiiorio#8134 jrdiiorio Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Couple people from my guild got 1 yesterday.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Last year the first time you could run the event people were getting it left and right. On average people were getting it after 50 runs through it. I ran that thing for 3 weeks, I stopped doing everything else and ran just that content straight and it was the thing that drove me away from NW for 3 months, really ticked me off.

Than the second time it was up, I ran with a group all four member got it 1x as we ran it all day long. One player even got it 2x and than they all left when the 4th person got it. I'm like WTF....I seriously hate that content as that is the content I have ran the most in this game. The issue for me is that it appears that every 3rd run I could not touch the beholder. Considering the number of runs I had in there I should have seen 1 if not 2 by now. I would probably put around 2K+ runs in there without a single beholder.

I know the odds are 1 in 6K roughly, but my luck is just horrible. Absolutely horrible.

Ran it 40 times now and still nothing....I would say nope... I have not even seen it pop up on the screen stating someone won one. Not sure if players are simply not running it like they did previously due to being done with that campaign now.
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Run it to collect the Brutals...
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• lordnagy#1603 lordnagy Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    I’m not running that event ever again...complete garbage and a massive time sink with little return
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    The apocalypse dagger is a nice free power feeder - the pocket pet used to be great when combined with the coin but that goes away in january, None of the food is all that useful, Owlbear figurine is only useful if you are below lv 70, you can't use the event to power level, and trying to get the beholder tank is like a needle in a haystack. So yeah I went in to grab a few brutals but that's about it.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• xkingboshx#3812 xkingboshx Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I agree with Raven, they need to revamp the event to at least give some sort of useful reward, i mean snackpacks and rank 3 enchants are just pointless. Maybe rank 5's or some incentive to keep the person farming/ coming back. But i dont even run it anymore because of my horrible RNG and risking that much time on something that gives either all or nothing, not my kind of event.
  • mikeo#9930 mikeo Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    In addition the event companions are bound to character on pick-up... cant send to my alts or sell on the TH. And there is basically nothing to spend the crystal dice on once you've picked up all the rewards (which most of us did the first time we did this event). Would be nice if they added the enchantments similar to CTA events...
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I have seen at least one announcement on Xbox but seems fairly quiet this year.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies

I agree with Raven, they need to revamp the event to at least give some sort of useful reward, i mean snackpacks and rank 3 enchants are just pointless. Maybe rank 5's or some incentive to keep the person farming/ coming back. But i dont even run it anymore because of my horrible RNG and risking that much time on something that gives either all or nothing, not my kind of event.

The issue with that content is that the first two times it was available players abused it to obtain the Legendary mount and those of us that played by the rules were often left without being able to touch the beholder. Around 25% if not more of my runs I could not touch the beholder and usually when that happened I saw a legendary mount pop up. Knowing that, I gave up running this campaign. I did enjoy it for some of its humor on the PnP game, but even that got old.

I have seen at least one announcement on Xbox but seems fairly quiet this year.

Because the devs fixed the bug that some were abusing. If you took a look at the name of the players selling the mount on the AH it was the same individuals because they abused a bug. In other MMO games, dev would have done more than a fix to the content, it would have even taken corrective action against those that abused the bug.