test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The new queue dungeon system stinks

belzar#7938 belzar Member Posts: 35 Arc User
They didnt use their heads with this one.. so now you dont get the usual Ad from running the regular q's..you apparently have to use the random.. so some new level 15 player gets thrown into one of the hardest dungeons just to get their brains caved in?? And if you abandon a q you get a 30 minute penalty?? WTF??? I have a level 70 and run threw cloak tower just to get my AD real fast every day..but I do MY part in the fighhts.. I see way to many high level players just run thru killing nothing leaving the lower level players to get smoked.. that is rude beyond belief!!! You want to fix the q's..lock the higher ranking players out of the lower dungeons just like the skirmishes..you cant be level 70 doing orc assault..yeah..i know I said I run the lower ones too.. but as i said..i do my part..a lot of 70 level's dont..and now..all you higher level players can start clobbering me.. but since we are all allowed an opinion.. mine is.. put the dungeons back the way they were.. sheeesh.

Comments

• janglesmom1janglesmom1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I hope they don't lock level 70's out of the leveling dungeons. If they do, I won't be able to get any AD from random dungeons at all. Because I don't have every epic dungeon unlocked, I cannot participate in random queues for epic dungeons and can't get any AD from those. My only option is leveling dungeons, which sucks. I realize I can still get salvage from manually queuing epic dungeons, but that's not the point. This whole random queue thing should have been in addition to what we already had, not replacing it.
  • belzar#7938 belzar Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Unless I am missing something they have also changed the auctions.. I used to make a ton of Ad from ember shards.. now I cant even find a way to list them..can only list items in the bags now???
    I have no issue with level 70 players running the lower dungeons..i do it..but they should do their part is my point.
  • diloul#3484 diloul Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    > @belzar#7938 said:
    > They didnt use their heads with this one.. so now you dont get the usual Ad from running the regular q's..you apparently have to use the random.. so some new level 15 player gets thrown into one of the hardest dungeons just to get their brains caved in?? And if you abandon a q you get a 30 minute penalty?? WTF??? I have a level 70 and run threw cloak tower just to get my AD real fast every day..but I do MY part in the fighhts.. I see way to many high level players just run thru killing nothing leaving the lower level players to get smoked.. that is rude beyond belief!!! You want to fix the q's..lock the higher ranking players out of the lower dungeons just like the skirmishes..you cant be level 70 doing orc assault..yeah..i know I said I run the lower ones too.. but as i said..i do my part..a lot of 70 level's dont..and now..all you higher level players can start clobbering me.. but since we are all allowed an opinion.. mine is.. put the dungeons back the way they were.. sheeesh.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    What you are saying is that hlvl players run trhought tower cape and leave low players strugle alone ?

I never saw that for a very simple reason. Let's say i run throught the dunjeon and leave you behind...
    I will have to wait for you at boss front door...
    You will die again and again.
    So i will loose more time waiting for you than actually kill mobs in my path...
    It destroy the whole purpose of "quick dunejon for ad".

I'm sorry but i've never seen that and i don't see why players would loose their time doing that.

That said, new system suks indeed but for other reasons.
    I want to run dunjeons with my guild/alliance not struggle with random.
    I'm glad you have never seen it because I see it all the time..and sure.. they have to wait for you at bosses and stuff..and hopefully a weaker player can get that far.. but when i first started I had the high levels leave me behind to get smashed more times than i care to remember..it still sucks no matter how you slice it.. but at least i figured out how to post ember shards now..
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

I hope they don't lock level 70's out of the leveling dungeons. If they do, I won't be able to get any AD from random dungeons at all. Because I don't have every epic dungeon unlocked, I cannot participate in random queues for epic dungeons and can't get any AD from those. My only option is leveling dungeons, which sucks. I realize I can still get salvage from manually queuing epic dungeons, but that's not the point. This whole random queue thing should have been in addition to what we already had, not replacing it.

If your IL is to low or you do not have the dungeon unlocked, you won't be able to run it as you cannot. Therefore, random Q will only place you into dungeons you can.

The thing is though, if you have a high enough IL and the dungeon is unlocked, you could go into a dungeon that you never played before: FBI or MSPC.
  • w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User

If your IL is to low or you do not have the dungeon unlocked, you won't be able to run it as you cannot. Therefore, random Q will only place you into dungeons you can.

No, if your IL is too low for even one dungeon in RQ (or you don't have enough everfrost resistance), you will not be able to use RQ.

No, if your IL is too low for even one dungeon in RQ (or you don't have enough everfrost resistance), you will not be able to use RQ.
    If that is the case and they put the RAD gain behind the random Q the devs have screwed all new players who have reached level 70 and have the IL to run T1 / T2 dungeons out of earning daily AD. That makes no sense and is a bad design of a Q system that is suppose encourage players to run dungeons to earn AD to build up their character.

If I was new and saw this, I would do this... Go into my Application Mgmt on my PC and uninstall the game.
    I'm kind of new to the online game thing.. and I am older than anyone else on here I bet..so I'm kind of dumb about things I guess..but I dont see the point in running the non random dungeons any more.. I can understand picking one that you know you can handle.. but without the AD.. Could someone explain to my stupid self other than knowing you wont die why you would run one of those?? There are better ways to make experirnce points.
  • preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    You might be surprised to learn the age of many players in this game
    It sounds like you are leveling up, so the main (non-AD) reason people below 70 would run what are called "leveling dungeons" is just to experience the story, challenge themselves and run multi-player content
    Some are leveling up with friends, and others just enjoy the idea of playing with other people
    They are all optional, but for completionists, doing the dungeon at the end of an Adventure Zone is just a thing they feel compelled to do, as well
  • preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    After level 70, most people run epic dungeons over and over to get rare drops and salvageable gear, which can be converted into Rough Astral Diamonds ($$)
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    Give it time folks. The devs disregarded 40+ pages of feedback highlighting how unpopular this new queing system would be and its problems, so it might take them a little bit longer to register the cold slap of reality as it hits them in the face. Some people just have to learn things...the hard way.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
    I believe a mass exodus of a lot of players would do the trick...

I know in one game a group of us disliked the devs direction and agreed not to log into the game for a week. By day 3, the devs fixed the issue.

I'm not saying to go that route but if enough players dislike the update, so will take an extended break until it is fix or simply quit.

It sounds like you are leveling up, so the main (non-AD) reason people below 70 would run what are called "leveling dungeons" is just to experience the story, challenge themselves and run multi-player content
    Some are leveling up with friends, and others just enjoy the idea of playing with other people
    They are all optional, but for completionists, doing the dungeon at the end of an Adventure Zone is just a thing they feel compelled to do, as well

No..I'm level 70 and well past..i've gotten 4 post 70 rewards..but I'm not where I should be and I know it..my IL isnt even high enough to get me into the lowest epic.. I've looked up how to build IL..but its just working for me..Maybe I'll go back to playing pong..does that give you a clue to my age? lol

No..I'm level 70 and well past..i've gotten 4 post 70 rewards..but I'm not where I should be and I know it..my IL isnt even high enough to get me into the lowest epic.. I've looked up how to build IL..but its just working for me..Maybe I'll go back to playing pong..does that give you a clue to my age? lol
    Pong is awesome. Best game ever!
  • cattman5cattman5 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Ah! Pong. I think I might have that wheel paddle around here some where.
    Thanks..I dont feel like the grandpa of neverwinter any more :)
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

> @belzar#7938 said:

> They didnt use their heads with this one.. so now you dont get the usual Ad from running the regular q's..you apparently have to use the random.. so some new level 15 player gets thrown into one of the hardest dungeons just to get their brains caved in?? And if you abandon a q you get a 30 minute penalty?? WTF??? I have a level 70 and run threw cloak tower just to get my AD real fast every day..but I do MY part in the fighhts.. I see way to many high level players just run thru killing nothing leaving the lower level players to get smoked.. that is rude beyond belief!!! You want to fix the q's..lock the higher ranking players out of the lower dungeons just like the skirmishes..you cant be level 70 doing orc assault..yeah..i know I said I run the lower ones too.. but as i said..i do my part..a lot of 70 level's dont..and now..all you higher level players can start clobbering me.. but since we are all allowed an opinion.. mine is.. put the dungeons back the way they were.. sheeesh.

What you are saying is that hlvl players run trhought tower cape and leave low players strugle alone ?

I never saw that for a very simple reason. Let's say i run throught the dunjeon and leave you behind...

I'm sorry but i've never seen that and i don't see why players would loose their time doing that.

I have, many times. Not only cloack tower. It happens in ToS often too.

> @belzar#7938 said:

I have, many times. Not only cloack tower. It happens in ToS often too.

Thank you..I was starting to feel like the fat kid in gym class that everyone picks on.. I knew there had to be others that had experienced this.
    To clarify.. I meant picked on by the high level players that zip thru the dungeons..not anyone that has commented on here. :)
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Does anyone else notice that the people running to the end in eToS are also the ones that you come up on laying dead somewhere about a room ahead of you? I mean I can solo eToS, but I'm not in any rush. I'll truck along with the group and kill everything as I go. It's much easier than leaving everything then having someone quit out and someone else coming in who then has to fight through everything you left behind.

I do notice that those people tend to come from certain guilds. When I pug in and see those guilds I tend to hang with the squishies and make sure they are okay.

As far as what is going to happen with the random queues? They won't affect me much - on my main characters I'll fill the queue with friends and hit the random button once in a while but odds are we will spend more time just doing what we do now - pick a dungeon and private queue.

If they really wanted more people in all of the dungeons they would do more things like the weekly blood ruby quest (which they are taking away) I would never have gone into mDemo or MSVA over the last few weeks if it wasn't for the blood ruby. That's gone - no need for me to go in there anymore.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Well, I don't know about you, but the changes have made me less likely to run dungeons than before.

Unlike what the developers seem to think, not everyone runs dungeons just for the bonus AD.
    • I would run a specific dungeon over and over for a specific drop - for example, I ran eGWD until I had gotten that bloodstained shirt I wanted. The bonus AD and the weekly quest for Dungeoneering shards were nice additions, but not the primary reason. Now I can still run a dungeon for a chance of specific drops - but I won't get the bonus AD or the shards, so I'm worse off - less motivation to run the dungeon.
    • I would frequently join a guild/alliance group for something, regardless of rewards - however, many of the people running were usually after the bonus AD, and the group would just include the first 5 people to express interest. Now there has been a significant decrease in guild runs. Anyone calling for a RQ run might have to refuse some people because they are the "wrong class", and many people cannot join anyhow as they do not have everything unlocked. Anyone calling for a specific dungeon will get fewer takers as well, because those were the people that really needed that bonus AD.
    • I would occasionally run a dungeon/trial/skirmish with a PUG just because I felt bored - however, my playing time is limited, and sometimes I might have time for a 10-minute one - sometimes for something longer. With RQs I have no control over the amount of time, so...thanks but no thanks.
    I have said it before, and I will keep on saying it - we pointed out various issues with the RQs, but were ignored. Considering that some of the people being ignored have more experience in software development than the current batch of developers, that's simply not very smart.

We want this game to be a success, but stupid decisions simply increase the chance of players leaving, the game becoming unprofitable and being killed off sooner than it should have been.
    Hoping for improvements...

I'm kind of new to the online game thing.. and I am older than anyone else on here I bet..so I'm kind of dumb about things I guess..but I dont see the point in running the non random dungeons any more.. I can understand picking one that you know you can handle.. but without the AD.. Could someone explain to my stupid self other than knowing you wont die why you would run one of those?? There are better ways to make experirnce points.

I run dungeons to get gear to salvage for RAD. I also run dungeons in hope that I get a rare/unique item that I can turn around and sell to make a small profit from. That is why I run dungeons. I get more AD from gear than I do from the dungeon. I get what 10K AD from running two dungeons right now on console. After three or four runs I get around 30-40K+ in RAD from gear alone.

It looks like I have a few characters that won't be able to use the Random Q as I simply do not run specific campaigns due to time restraint on my side for my alts. In fact, I only opened up SoMI on one character and I hated that content so much that after I opened up FBI on an alt I decided not to go into SKT or SoMI any more. If needed, I would rather buy the campaign, but my plans at this point is to eventually quit as I see no ROI or value in sticking it out, but I will play as long as I have VIP and that ends in about 5 months.