test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Random Queues

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    For the dungeoneer shards for folks who used to pick up all the quests and then run them on the weekend, I really liked the suggestion from a patch notes thread of making them like the Merchant Prince's patrol rewards, where there's a weekly cap you can run as slowly or as quickly as you like.

I mean, from the perspective of making the most of what you've got, this would be optimal.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited October 2017

(PS: For those of you reading who inevitably want free stuff from anyone quitting, most my RP was put into artifacts and gear, which is all bound. I have mostly rank 8 enchants, with maybe a couple 9-10, so not really worth giving away.)

I bet I can turn those artifacts and gear into RP and refine a bunch of enchantments o:)
    FrozenFire
  • tyrlaan#5615 tyrlaan Member Posts: 34 Arc User

Yesterday evening (european time) I queued for eToS. According to the devs, queues should pop up faster due to random queues, even the non-random queues. However, the queue took 34 minutes to pop up. So in that sense, the random queues are a total failure and utterly wrong.

Problem is many lvl 70s can't even queue for random epic dungeons and random skirmishes because they are locked out due to their IL below the requirement for the highest dungeon (which would increase with further releases) even though their IL would qualify for ETOS and most other epic dungeons.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited October 2017

Yesterday evening (european time) I queued for eToS. According to the devs, queues should pop up faster due to random queues, even the non-random queues. However, the queue took 34 minutes to pop up. So in that sense, the random queues are a total failure and utterly wrong.

Not many would do ERQ unless they have a full group that is capable and prepare to deal with FBI, MSP, etc. Doing ERQ without a full ready group is very "brave". Doing ERQ with full ready group will not help people who are waiting for ETOS. There are not enough "brave" people.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    > @plasticbat said:
    > > @plasticbat said:
    >
    > > I done 10 dungeons of different kind and i got 0 enchantment of rank 5 at all
    >
    > > Influence run gives me black pearls
    >
    > > Did they nerfed rank 5 enchantment drops 100%
    >
    > >
    >
    > >
    >
    > > They don't drop enchantment anymore. It is replaced by RP items such as Black Pearls.
    >
    >
    >
    > That's funny... I was having enchants drop along with the new gems the whole time I played yesterday... I do have a fey touched enchant equipped tho so that may be what's dropping them... not sure what the dragon one is dropping.. gems? Enchants?
    >
    > From another thread written by dev:
    >
    > Enchantment/Runestone drops
    >
    > Regular enchantments and runestones (ones that aren't part of campaigns or events) will no longer drop in normal play. Instead rank 1s of these items can be bought in Protector's Enclave. Due to not needing the matching bonuses anymore and (as will be mentioned a bit more further down this post) we got rid of the requirement on ranks of requiring a second enchantment/runestone to upgrade, it is more straight forward to just get gemstones, which are purely for RP, in loot vs enchantments and runestones that you are just going to convert into RP anyways.
    >
    > This also works towards wanting to make the system easier for new players to interact with. Instead of waiting for random drops and trying to figure out which to keep/break down, new players can see all of the regular tier 1s, make their choice, and level it up with the RP they acquire while playing. To go along with this, Tier 1 enchantments have a 100% success rate to become Tier 2, further easing the learning curve of Refinement.

While I agree mostly,,
    I reiterate. . Rank 5 enchants are still dropping if you have a feytouched enchantment slotted... they are also still dropping from purple bags if you have a quartermaster enchantment slotted

While I agree mostly,,
    I reiterate. . Rank 5 enchants are still dropping if you have a feytouched enchantment slotted... they are also still dropping from purple bags if you have a quartermaster enchantment slotted

I know.

"Regular enchantments and runestones (ones that aren't part of campaigns or events) will no longer drop in normal play."
    keyword: "normal play".

I replied to a person who did not get any R5 after doing 10 dungeons.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    While it has been fun watching this topic would like to add just one item. To any GF Tanks that finds themself in a Random Queue that you either dont have time for or dont wish to run for any honest reason, just use "Knights Valor" and in 3-2-1, you will have a free vote kick. If however others might not like this idea, you can feel free to go over to the October bug fix topic and ask for "Knights Valor" to be fixed . Thank you...
  • gameautomategameautomate Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    Well, i would recommend to actually separate those random-queues.

Like f.e. :

Random Dungeon (T1)
    Random Dungeon (T2)
    Random Dungeon (T3)

And now some feedback.
    The general idea is nice and great, but out of 10 Random Queues, i got 7 times into FBI, where 60% of the people either instantly quit and dealt with that 30 min penalty.
    And basically for FBI that penalty is total Hamster, because when Hati is defeated (and your party-members die & release mid-battle) , that barrier will still remain, people can't go any further, if you don't have VIP, you are FORCED to deal with the penalty, else use your signpost, travel somewhere and return to instance.

Also messaged a Dev in-game, and asked if they 're already aware of that issue. The response that i got was the following : That's something for the design team.

You're getting feedback, so please listen to your player-base.

• nightstalkornightstalkor Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    Forty Seven Pages kinda says it all. This latest mod is, without doubt, the WORST THING PW HAS DONE SINCE THE LEADERSHIP NERF. I'm going to ignore having to buy enchants, the new RP drops and focus on what I see as the BIGGEST PROBLEM of this mod.. the new random queue system.

Forty seven pages. I skimmed through a few, and while there are some quislings, the general tone that I saw matches MY OPINION... RANDOM QUEUES ARE A TERRIBLE IDEA. WHY?
    1) Certain specific skirmishes are REQUIRED, not WANTED, but REQUIRED to gather the materials to NEEDED to REFINE Artifacts from the River district (and I believe Chult?). In the old system, I could run Illusionist's Gambit once or twice a day, get my rewards AND get my AD. NOW I AM FORCED to run a skirmish that I DO NOT NEED OR WANT TO RUN FOR MY AD. Which means that I have to spend MORE time in game per toon to complete certain tasks, OR GIVE UP MY AD.
    2) The whole CONCEPT OF being FORCED to do content that I DO NOT WANT, OR CANNOT, RUN. Right now only one of my toons can queue for ALL the random queues. One out of NINE. Before this change I could queue FIVE out of NINE of my toons for any skirmish, the easy dungeons, and most trials. Five then, ONE now. Bo. Gus.
    3) A thirty minute non-queue penalty? SERIOUSLY? IN. SANE. Especially in the light of point 2. There are any number of dungeons or trials that are either annoying or really difficult. Fangbreaker Island springs to mind. Before this change I've tried it five times... NOT ONCE did my group get past the opening mobs.

Taking away the AD rewards for the content that people WANT TO PLAY, AND THEN FORCING THEM TO PLAY RANDOM CONTENT TO GET THEIR AD REWARDS IS TOTALLY OUTSIDE OF ANY RATIONAL THOUGHT PROCESS. I wish that I COULD use the language I REALLY would like to.... but I'll have to settle for. THIS. IS. A. HEINIOUSLY. TERRIBLE. IDEA. Get rid of random queues NOW and allow players to PLAY what THEY LIKE, WHAT THEY NEED AND WHAT THEY WANT.
    edited October 2017

Finally, some questions:

-- Do people queued for specific dungeons get pug'd with people in the random queue?

yes, it is possible assuming these people are using public queue for a specific dungeon.

-- So even if you have a guild-group, you have to use the public random queue to get an AD payout? So, if someone drops out, they'll get replaced by a pug, not, say, another guildie?

You will get a PUG.

And you can't queue a smaller group without picking up pugs (by design??)? I guess this just gets back to the goal of getting players to do dungeons that they're overpowered for. For the reasons above, I just think that's a really bad idea.

You cannot queue with a smaller group and enter RQ without PUG to fill up the party.

-- I can't test this, but if I understand correctly, a Level 12 player who's just unlocked Cloak Tower, and only Cloak Tower, can't queue for the Random Queue, and in fact can't queue until Karrundax is unlocked at Level 54? So leveling players have no way of earning AD? (most of their weeklies won't be unlocked either….) Surely that's going to discourage most of them.

They can join Level Dungeon RQ and the only dungeon he will be chosen to enter will be Cloak Tower.

• polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    @asterdahl @terramak @kreatyve

hello.

I guess, for first we need to remove Everfrost DR for FBI and Swardborg, let it be just recommendation. Nobody use Everlast DR equip, it just stopping progress for new players/alts.

second, I wish make all Random queues content of 73 lvl. Valindra's tower should be such difficult as FBI - it will make challenge for all this dungeons. It will be cool \o/

and of course such changes need a better reward for Random queue.
    leave daily AD's bonus for no epic, because now players who haven't all campainges done. just can't gain this AD. also those players can't reward a Dangioneer's Shards for Guilds. you should rewiev this moment. Bonus role reward is also too bad 600-1000 ad? Seriouse? I like this bonus, but it nothing, give a addionaly reward for noobs or healer...

Also Epic trial contant waste too much time for party gathering. I guess it because 6-8 peoples joined map while for 5 minutes else queue searching for 2-4 else.... it always so.

Remove penalty for those who leaving map 5th or 4th in party. It's stupid.

I hope you undarstand me.
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    There is no reason for me to RQ epic dungeons since I can't get Ultimate enchanting stones from there. If I' going to run a dungeon with my main I'll be in tomb of the nine gods until the end of time. It's sad though, since it's the only place that makes sense for me to be. I like the dungeon but it's going to get old eventually and be like another ETOS.

Random Skirmish/Random leveling dungeons are nice to get AD on alts.. when I can play them.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User

@asterdahl @terramak @kreatyve

hello.

I guess, for first we need to remove Everfrost DR for FBI and Swardborg, let it be just recommendation. Nobody use Everlast DR equip, it just stopping progress for new players/alts.

second, I wish make all Random queues content of 73 lvl. Valindra's tower should be such difficult as FBI - it will make challenge for all this dungeons. It will be cool \o/

and of course such changes need a better reward for Random queue.
    leave daily AD's bonus for no epic, because now players who haven't all campainges done. just can't gain this AD. also those players can't reward a Dangioneer's Shards for Guilds. you should rewiev this moment. Bonus role reward is also too bad 600-1000 ad? Seriouse? I like this bonus, but it nothing, give a addionaly reward for noobs or healer...

Also Epic trial contant waste too much time for party gathering. I guess it because 6-8 peoples joined map while for 5 minutes else queue searching for 2-4 else.... it always so.

Remove penalty for those who leaving map 5th or 4th in party. It's stupid.

I hope you undarstand me.

I understand you perfectly well, but you see only from your very narrow point of view. There are people who RQ and quit if they get something too hard, you are ruling them out of RQ completely (and they're the people who need the RQ ADs). Getting the 30% everfrost resist is trivial with the bauble they give away, if you aren't prepared to get that, don't bother.
  • tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    On my 14k DC when I queue for Random Epic Dungeon and I get FBI or MSP I just abandon the instance inmediatly, because it has no sense to try to do those dungeons with a team that include 3 DPS that they dont even know each others. If I want to do FBI or MSP I do it with friends, including those dungeons on Random Epic Dungeon forced that queue to fail.

The day that the devs explain why I would need 28% frost resistance to run eSoT I will stay also on FBI and MSP, meanwhile I rather use an alt on a random normal dungeon than loose the time on a absolutly frustrating experience as it is run FBI or MSP with 3 DPS that they know each other to complement themself.
  • dinome15dinome15 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    47 pages of unhappy comments should tell you something about your new system. I'm particularly unhappy that I don't see any response to our concerns for the last few days. This was also not well advertised (I wonder if that's because you knew people wouldn't be happy, hm?) and I didn't know about it until I ran a dungeon and wondered why I didn't get any AD.

This system is terrible. Before I could choose what I wanted to do, and get decent rewards for it. Maybe some dungeons/skirmishes pop more often because people like them better. Now I'm supposed to play content I don't enjoy for a reward that is not worth it? Or have no incentive to play ones that are more difficult (because it takes forever to unlock ALL epic dungeons). Fact is a lot of groups can't complete all the epic dungeons. So a randomized queue for that sucks. And means that we're all going to spend a lot of time dropping out- which now has a penalty.

What's the point of this? All it does is decreases the AD that we can earn, and makes me less likely to want to do dungeons and skirmishes. I bought VIP, partially for the added AD bonus from dungeons. You can bet I won't be doing that again, because now that's a waste of my money. One that I'm pretty mad about. I hope you remove this system and put us back to what we had before, because this is possibly the worst change this game has made in the 3 years I have been playing.

I'm extremely disappointed in how this is being handled, and that it happened at all. How rude to assume that you should be able to decide what we play, and when we do it. I liked being able to choose my own path in a game that I play for fun. But thanks for deciding that you know better than all of us on how we should spend our time.
    edited October 2017
    dinome15 said:

47 pages of unhappy comments should tell you something about your new system. I'm particularly unhappy that I don't see any response to our concerns for the last few days. This was also not well advertised (I wonder if that's because you knew people wouldn't be happy, hm?) and I didn't know about it until I ran a dungeon and wondered why I didn't get any AD.

It may not be the best advertised but they did advertise a lot for may be since 2 months before this was landed through Facebook, forum, login page of the game, video presentation, etc. Yes, people ignore those but it is not they did not try neither.
  • far21100far21100 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I can't queu random dungeons because I haven't unlocked them all. I am progressing thru the campaigns one or two at a time to complete them. Now with the random dungeon quests given by the cleric, I have less I can contribute to the Guild. I won't mention many other flaws in the randoms dungeon system, it's all been mentioned before.
    I play this game for fun, and that is what you are taking out of it. It's just not as fun.
  • ultimatefgt123ultimatefgt123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    This is terrible. Just terrible.

Queued into an fbi with average ilvl of group at 12k.Sat here QQing on forum wasting 15mins of my life waiting to abandon the instance..

Every low lvl dungeon I run through ignoring the challengeless mobs means I then have to sit waiting at the end of the instance for 15mins waiting so we can fight the boss. Since the 2 bots that queue in with me have to catch up as they run around looting every chest/node.

It seems like All cryptic wants is for their player base to sit around being afk?

This is almost as bad as the hours wasted Sat semi afk on a boat during storm kings fishmaster 2000.

Thought this was supposed to be D&D.
  • ladypeanut66ladypeanut66 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    It is sad. Very sad. I'm on the subreddit of Neverwinter, and now there are people just puzzled because what the hell, how can a guy oneshot every mob in the dungeon, etc. Really? That is a consequence of this RQ system. At least try to group 70's with 70's.

Then you have these beatufil bots. I guess part of the intent was to get rid of bots, well you have not accomplished that goal :neutral: Not good at all.

Still have not tried to do a single ERQ, tho :disappointed: Too afraid to get into FBI or MSP.

Edit: Ah, and the bonnus for helping a new player is... 800 RAD?! Really???
  • diloul#3484 diloul Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Omg just read a few pages here of what await us on consoles.

Dear devs, this is pure madness...

Playing this game sometimes feel like you are driving a cycle and someone keep throwing nails on the road just for fun !

Like Jackson said : " This is it ! "
  • dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited November 2017

(PS: For those of you reading who inevitably want free stuff from anyone quitting, most my RP was put into artifacts and gear, which is all bound. I have mostly rank 8 enchants, with maybe a couple 9-10, so not really worth giving away.)

Unless you are a newer player who would LOVE those rank 8 and few rank 9 or 10 enchantments tossed their way. Most of mine are still rank 5 or 6. I do have one rank 9 that was a gift though. ;)

EDIT: Fixed Spelling Error :s
    Post edited by dafrca#4810 on
  • dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited November 2017

Every low lvl dungeon I run through ignoring the challengeless mobs means I then have to sit waiting at the end of the instance for 15mins waiting so we can fight the boss. Since the 2 bots that queue in with me have to catch up as they run around looting every chest/node.

Bots? Here is another possibility; maybe they were new players who were going into a dungeon *designed for them* and playing it to get stuff they could really use?

To be honest Speed Runners negatively impacted more than half of my first runs in the leveling dungeons. And I can tell you for sure I am not a bot collecting treasure for profit. I wanted to experience the content for fun not be sucked through it by some Speed Runner. I didn't get to enjoy the content because of people who insisted I "Hurry Up" so they could collect their AD and take off again.

Just curious, why don't they get three 70+ Speed Runners together to run through the dungeons? Why queue by themselves just to be pissed at the lower level folks they get paired up with?

edited November 2017

Just curious, why don't they get three 70+ Speed Runners together to run through the dungeons? Why queue by themselves just to be pissed at the lower level folks they get paired up with?

They should. I guess there is always someone who is new (as level 70) and do not know better.
    They should find 2 level 70 partners to agree with the same goal (door to door, no pick up, no fighting until reaching the 'door').
    They can finish the run in no time.

You won't see the 'good' level 70 because you are not supposed to. They are already doing that and you won't see them.

This discussion has been closed.