test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: October Bugfix Month

Comments

• svenisperfectsvenisperfect Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    Bug: In dungeons, during the final boss fight, it is possible to get mobs stuck on the “exit portal” for players when killing the boss too fast. In particular this happens in Grey Wolf den. Both Normal and Master versions can get a mob stuck in combat on the portal preventing players from picking up loot from the chest or leaving the dungeon via normal means. The no rewards thing is the most pressing issue.

Not sure if this was reported already, but I thought I mention it here.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    > @consustes said:
    > There is an unflattering undershirt always visible after changing the appearance of my character in the Tower of Alteration.

Other users have had this problem and I detailed a fix here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1235301/graphics-appearance-change-bug

The bug is that attempting to change the appearance of an original look character (pre mod 3 or 4?) without first selecting a Preset look and using it as a new starting point causes that shirt to appear. It can be corrcted by doing another alteration and using the preset.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    Bug: Unable to convert Level 70 items dropped in PvP into RP
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    Ambush Drake attacks like 5x too slow. Supposed to be be 1.5 seconds...which would be plenty to keep the 3 second deadly infection up all the time....but it constantly falls off. This makes the most expensive summoned companion in the game almost unusable....
  • hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    While we have everyones eyes on this .Could you do something about Knights Valor .This is a very good GF skill but a no go do to the very negative effects it has with lag do to the very bright visual effects it has . Just changing this to a little blue circle around a players feet or something would allow for the use of this encounter again. Thanks if you can make that happen.
  • ncoreadev#4548 ncoreadev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 30 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2017
    @tolkienbuff pointed out a bug in the Epic Spellplague Caverns:

In Master Spellplague Caverns after the first boss at the gate before the second boss there is a Spellchanged Maw and sometimes other mobs (brawler I think) can get "bugged into the wall/gate/or the rock just next to the gates. I'm sure it has to do with how they spawn. If they spawn too close to the wall or other terrain they get "stuck" and are very difficult or even impossible to target/damage or pull out of the terrain.

So I just went in and made a few adjustments to alleviate the issue. Keep an eye out for the fix showing up soon.

Nick

• darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    hawkeyel said:

While we have everyones eyes on this .Could you do something about Knights Valor .This is a very good GF skill but a no go do to the very negative effects it has with lag do to the very bright visual effects it has . Just changing this to a little blue circle around a players feet or something would allow for the use of this encounter again. Thanks if you can make that happen.

I don't think this power has framerate lag issues due to graphical effects. The power actually causes rubberbanding and uncasting powers. It requires a group of allies and sometimes takes a few minutes of gameplay before it starts, but with Knight's Valor slotted, all allies begin rubberbanding and are nearly unable to play. The odd part is that the guardian fighter themselves often reports that they aren't experiencing lag while everyone else is. As soon as Knight's Valor is removed, the lag stops.

I have been on both ends of this lag. I have been the guardian fighter with no lag at all (with my allies complaining), and have been in a party with a GF with Knight's Valor slotted and I absolutely couldn't play.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• kylorenfield#4565 kylorenfield Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Problem with Scrolls of Identification - when my character reached level 30, instead of being able to use Scrolls of Identification, even though those were the scrolls I got in my adventurer's kit and those are the scrolls I loot from enemies, my unidentified objects will only let me use Greater Scrolls of Identification, which is a pain considering there's no way for me to get these aside from buying them with Astral Diamonds.
  • vaness12378vaness12378 Member Posts: 9 Arc User

hawkeyel said:

I don't think this power has framerate lag issues due to graphical effects. The power actually causes rubberbanding and uncasting powers. It requires a group of allies and sometimes takes a few minutes of gameplay before it starts, but with Knight's Valor slotted, all allies begin rubberbanding and are nearly unable to play. The odd part is that the guardian fighter themselves often reports that they aren't experiencing lag while everyone else is. As soon as Knight's Valor is removed, the lag stops.

I have been on both ends of this lag. I have been the guardian fighter with no lag at all (with my allies complaining), and have been in a party with a GF with Knight's Valor slotted and I absolutely couldn't play.
    The lag is caused by the own statment of the power, cuz makes you take half of the damage of party members, and depends on the hit u get a nice loop of damage showing in your screen, if u combine that with guarded assault and u block while have Kv on generates more lag, because u are intercepting damage and the class feature says that "while blocking, reflect 5% of the damage to your attacker" that's causes more numbers appearing in your screen XD.

If u add lightning enchant to this while hitting enemies or dps have it, u have a nice lag.

• jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User

hawkeyel said:

Just a speculation based on casual observation.

When ToD was first released Astral Seal became a major issue. I noticed that in zerg/legit Tiamat runs people would complain about the lag induced when I, and I alone, used Astral Seal but I myeself experienced none. No idea if it is still an issue (I retired my DC fully when OP's were introduced), or if not if a similar solution could be used for KV.
  • pyrosorcererpyrosorcerer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    The new random que system rewards players with extra bonuses for playing a certain type class (healer or tank). Temptation Scourge Warlock is not counted as healer in que, and it does not recieve any bonuses based on this. It has maybe some of the strongest heals in game, and should be counted as a healer. Please add a function that makes Temptation cap feat count the SW as healer.<>
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User

This one was suuuper tricky, but it's been fixed! You'll see it in the module after Swords of Chult. It didn't actually have anything to do with charging ;)

Awesome! I for one am very happy to see this fixed! Great work and thank you!
    edited October 2017

@tolkienbuff pointed out a bug in the Epic Spellplague Caverns:
    So I just went in and made a few adjustments to alleviate the issue. Keep an eye out for the fix showing up soon.

Nick

@ncoreadev#4548

This also happens going up the mountain in FBI. Clear the first platform and it's not uncommon to find a giant stuck in an invisible barrier.

I've investigated the issue and made some progress. I'm still uncertain why quick releasing is causing immediate death, but if this does happen to you, you will now respawn at the correct point; in front of the disc that takes you back to Ras Nsi.

Waking up dead happens all over. I went afk in the dread ring a few days ago, came back and I was dead on the floor. Shift+2 and I woke up dead at the camp fire where I should have spawned.
  • astrotiger5astrotiger5 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    You want fix a bug on "October fix a bug month"....start with the game calendar!!

You want fix a bug on "October fix a bug month"....start with the game calendar!!

If the broken calander gives us more days of Bugfest leave it for last :)
  • balanced#2849 balanced Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 41 Cryptic Developer

Owlbear Cub:

It's my understanding that the Active on this companion will gain a 30 second cooldown in 12.5 making it all but useless.

Hey guys, I wanted to chime in on the Owlbear Cub ACB, as it has been getting mentioned here and there. As of M12.5 the ACB for this companion has a 1 second internal cooldown (not 30 seconds). It should still be far from useless, but this will tone down its damage by quite a bit. We are taking a look at builds that relied on proccing this a ton, such as Temptation SW, and seeing if we can provide some compensation.

I just put up a thread with some of the SW changes going in, that can be found via the link below. That said, we want to keep the rocktober thread on topic, so if you have feedback on the owlbear cub / other classes, please use the respective forums. Thank you!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1235687/official-m13-scourge-warlock-changes
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

This one was suuuper tricky, but it's been fixed! You'll see it in the module after Swords of Chult. It didn't actually have anything to do with charging ;)

Come on, man, you gotta share the details!

(Was it "when it goes directly from Bronze to Gold without having time to register Silver first, you get Bronze"?)
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

Just a speculation based on casual observation.

When ToD was first released Astral Seal became a major issue. I noticed that in zerg/legit Tiamat runs people would complain about the lag induced when I, and I alone, used Astral Seal but I myeself experienced none. No idea if it is still an issue (I retired my DC fully when OP's were introduced), or if not if a similar solution could be used for KV.

Unlikely: The fix to Astral Seal was to increase the amount of healing it gives per proc and make it proc at most once every 4 seconds on any given person. There's no easy equivalent for KV.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    BUG: enemy spawns behind a wall in dungeon dig site.
    In one of the River District dungeon dig sites (the one that is the same as the end of Grimstorm Keep), an enemy often spawns behind a wall at the upper portion of the final room. He can attack you at will but you can't attack him. Sometimes you can coax your companion to jump through the wall and kill him, sometimes you cannot.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    Armor enchantment visuals are applied when wearing fashion gear.
    @crypticmapolis For the majority of players, that means that appearance of their hand-picked, custom-dyed clothes will be ruined by the moving shadows of Soulforged enchantment visual FXs. While the existence of these non-customizable, visible-only-to-self armor/weapon visuals has been many times questioned the players, disabling them at least for the fashion gear would make a big improvement to fashion gear feature. That already seems to work fine when mounted, so please, disable them at all times when wearing fashion gear.
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • nem3zissnem3ziss Member Posts: 97 Arc User

The quest "Storming the Castle" does not complete upon successful completion of a SH siege event. The Siege event completion gives rewards, one of which is a placeholder for guild something that doesn't actually equate to an item you receive. There is no way to complete this quest and get the rewards.

It was frustrating to get an entire 40 people in an alliance, most of which are PVE, to Q for the new rewards and talk it up only to find out... it doesn't work properly.

This is a great way to renew interest, but guys, it needs to work properly, that's a LOT of time wasted.

Would be awesome to see this problem fixed. This is a huge event that can bring whole alliance closer. We have active alliance, we have people who will gladly try it, but without rewards i dont think we can get a full que. You made a great job at rewards with new skirm, updating rewards for SH event is also nice thing to see, sadly nobody from our SG siege got quest completed: no matter if on winning side or loosing one, no matter on scoarboard position.
  • sgrantdevsgrantdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 81 Cryptic Developer
    nem3ziss said:

The quest "Storming the Castle" does not complete upon successful completion of a SH siege event. The Siege event completion gives rewards, one of which is a placeholder for guild something that doesn't actually equate to an item you receive. There is no way to complete this quest and get the rewards.

It was frustrating to get an entire 40 people in an alliance, most of which are PVE, to Q for the new rewards and talk it up only to find out... it doesn't work properly.

This is a great way to renew interest, but guys, it needs to work properly, that's a LOT of time wasted.

Would be awesome to see this problem fixed. This is a huge event that can bring whole alliance closer. We have active alliance, we have people who will gladly try it, but without rewards i dont think we can get a full que. You made a great job at rewards with new skirm, updating rewards for SH event is also nice thing to see, sadly nobody from our SG siege got quest completed: no matter if on winning side or loosing one, no matter on scoarboard position.
    When the event finished did the quest task not update saying to go talk to master of coins?
This discussion has been closed.