test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TO9G, drop rate, dragons keys, scrolls of life

diloul#3484 diloul Member Posts: 49 Arc User
edited October 2017 in PvE Discussion
Imho, sometime ( too many time ?)
When you guys create something great 7it always come with a downside.

The dunjeon To9g is really great i really mean it BUT...

The good :
- 6very well designed, funny traps ect...
You can get nice 480 stuff.

The bad :
- drop rate is beyond ridiculous even more than mspc. My only loot exept 480 gear is a belt of honnor worth 1000da
How can you put in the chest 2 peridots as loot ? It feels like an insult with all due respect.

- you changed the chest system with legendary keys, ok, i play the 'game', i buy the keys but the drop rate is horrible and it's just a waste of da/zen.
From all the runs with my guild/alliance we almost did not see anything nice drop.

- I think i speak for most here but the cost with scrolls of life is insane now...
When you have to use 4 or 5 scrolls at the very least per dunjeon with every scroll cost 6000da, it become a real problem...

In my experience runing a dunjeon between the dragon keys and the scrolls know is a pure sink of da.
The salvage don't even cover half the cost of dunjeon...
And for what ? Get some gear to run dunjeons you already are able to run before you get that gear ?

I know this is a mmo thing but runing a dunjeon shouldn't cost that much and i ran many runs with 2 dcs.

As a dc i'm around 30k defense not counting def buff and mobs debuff and i still get one shot sometimes and i don't even know what hit me like a train.

Some of the mecanics are clearly designed to make you die and use scrolls...

Most of groups are playing with 2 dcs ans are 15k average, what will happen with bondings nerf and a dc only in group ?

I'd like other players thoughts on this.
(and a dev one but not lot of hope from this side ^^)
Post edited by diloul#3484 on

Comments

• diloul#3484 diloul Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    The dunjeon itself is easy tbh. The problem is there should be no os when there is 2 dcs a pala or tank and lifesteal for dps.

When i run with 2 dcs as a dc, now i focus heal non stop to prevent deaths and scrolls use.
    But with the incoming change with only 1 dc in group, it will be even worse :/
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    locking the seals behind a key after you went through the dungeon is stupid.

I want 70 freakin seals key or no... then I want stuff in the chest, and not green stuff.

And you are correct, Scrolls of mass life are up to what, 8k each now... so if you misstep and use 2 of them, you are already losing AD on the dungeon not including the cost of if you bought a leg dragon key.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• jslegge1901jslegge1901 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    I love T9, it's become my favorite dungeon. I have run about 20 times now and have got nothing but 480 gear and garbage refinement. Yes I can salvage and sell the refinement, but I can get equal value salvage from lesser dungeons at a little to no cost, and the refinement from Icewind Dale heroics. And if I'm feeling like getting screwed on drops, I'll just run a CN. The only good reward that comes from T9 is the seals.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Just think - tomorrow, it gets worse. You'll spend more time in there per run, people will be more focused on getting an optimal group....and your reward most of the time will be the same as before. You may get a stone you need (assume this will be pretty rare)....which will just help you get back to almost where you were today. Enjoy. I'll probably just wait till Mod 13 when we do the gear juggle all over again and maybe it will be more fun.

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

When i run with 2 dcs as a dc, now i focus heal non stop to prevent deaths and scrolls use.

But with the incoming change with only 1 dc in group, it will be even worse :/

If you have a good strong group, the DC(s) can just focus on buffing, no healing needed (and no scrolls).

As for having a single DC - well, you can complete it with a single DC today - just a bit slower than with 2 (say, additional 5 minutes or so). This is only going to get easier when people upgrade their gear (R12 -> R13/14 and so on).
    Hoping for improvements...
    The reality is that most of the time I run tong I don't scroll or use more than one scroll (generally if I misstep on the last boss) however I had a guy in a group with us that had probably used 20+ scrolls by the time we got to the final boss.

Scrolls are expensive - know when it's a wipe and wipe as a group, replan and go back in. No need to scroll yourself through all content.

in tong - did all the companions get swept off the platform with more than 30% of his life left? Go ahead and wipe. Tank or only DPS dead? Go ahead and wipe then regroup and go back in.

There is no dungeon with a good drop rate - the best you get is in FBI enough VB to make another key or in eToS a good amount of salvage. Everything else is a losing venture especially if you require scrolls, leg keys, pots, elixers, overloads (overload swapping) etc. It's all a sink.
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    ravenskya said:

in tong - did all the companions get swept off the platform with more than 30% of his life left?

Indeed - losing companions over the edge is a common problem. I have however, noticed that for some reason the Harper Bard is a lot less likely to get swept off than the other buff/debuff companions - maybe because it is not a "up close and personal" combat companion.

Anyhow, there is one simple trick that will significantly reduce than chances of losing companions - always pull the boss towards the middle of the platform when possible. The companions will follow, instead of staying at the edge, and when the "swipe" happens, they are less likely to be pushed off.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • diloul#3484 diloul Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    > @ravenskya said:
    > The reality is that most of the time I run tong I don't scroll or use more than one scroll (generally if I misstep on the last boss) however I had a guy in a group with us that had probably used 20+ scrolls by the time we got to the final boss.
    >
    > Scrolls are expensive - know when it's a wipe and wipe as a group, replan and go back in. No need to scroll yourself through all content.
    >
    > in tong - did all the companions get swept off the platform with more than 30% of his life left? Go ahead and wipe. Tank or only DPS dead? Go ahead and wipe then regroup and go back in.
    >
    > There is no dungeon with a good drop rate - the best you get is in FBI enough VB to make another key or in eToS a good amount of salvage. Everything else is a losing venture especially if you require scrolls, leg keys, pots, elixers, overloads (overload swapping) etc. It's all a sink.

Most of time i do agree with you but not this time for droprates.

I get from time to time "things" from CN FBI malabog even MSPC, but To9g ? Absolutely nothing from my side or others from my alliance expet one guy who got the magnus...

> @ravenskya said:

> The reality is that most of the time I run tong I don't scroll or use more than one scroll (generally if I misstep on the last boss) however I had a guy in a group with us that had probably used 20+ scrolls by the time we got to the final boss.

>

> Scrolls are expensive - know when it's a wipe and wipe as a group, replan and go back in. No need to scroll yourself through all content.

>

> in tong - did all the companions get swept off the platform with more than 30% of his life left? Go ahead and wipe. Tank or only DPS dead? Go ahead and wipe then regroup and go back in.

>

> There is no dungeon with a good drop rate - the best you get is in FBI enough VB to make another key or in eToS a good amount of salvage. Everything else is a losing venture especially if you require scrolls, leg keys, pots, elixers, overloads (overload swapping) etc. It's all a sink.

Most of time i do agree with you but not this time for droprates.

I get from time to time "things" from CN FBI malabog even MSPC, but To9g ? Absolutely nothing from my side or others from my alliance expet one guy who got the magnus...

Maybe it's just my lucky dungeon then - I've gotten charm of the serpent twice and some green mount and 2 blue man-at-arms. Someone from my crew tends to pull a bauble about every run or so, most of it isn't worth much in the grand scheme of things but at least it's something.