test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: October Bugfix Month

Comments

• araxelvenaraxelven Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    In ToNG, if you're falling from the platform at the same time Ras Nsi "dies" (or shortly after, because I'm fairly sure I'm the one who struck the last blow) you can't get back to the last campfire and collect your loot and seals. I was taken to the beginning of the dungeon and got a hard crash shortly after that.
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited October 2017
    araxelven said:

In ToNG, if you're falling from the platform at the same time Ras Nsi "dies" (or shortly after, because I'm fairly sure I'm the one who struck the last blow) you can't get back to the last campfire and collect your loot and seals. I was taken to the beginning of the dungeon and got a hard crash shortly after that.

@araxelven, it isn't the beginning of the dungeon. You entered a trap. It doesn't matter when you fall (Ras Nsi is killed by Acererak because of his incompetence, not by you.) Acererak kills him by knocking the ground without warning him thereby sending him falling, so you should make sure you're on the other side of him once his HP is down to 0.

The bug itself supposedly occurs if you release before hitting the ground. The crash was just a co-incidence I guess. As your party to kill themselves so that they can join you to help clear the couple mobs that spawn... Takes no more than a couple mins.
    FrozenFire
  • krondhorkrondhor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    While I am glad to hear that the next in line for a class rework is the TR, I would also point still that the HR class rework was left half unfinished, and we all know how this ended as the coder in charge of our rework left cryptic.
    Our community had in line still several fixes enlisted, especialy on some encounter power we asked to have a quicker execution time, especially for certain powers that had an extreme long animantion casting, but the coder then said it wasn't possible in that short time to redo the animation and it wasn't possible with just some trick to reduce the existing ones, this was one of the major dispute left back then, plus no single Daily power has seen a damage boost increase, while of all the DPS classes the HR has the lowest dealing damage Daily power of all of them (most of them does even less damage than the encounter powers), we lack of a true Daily than can be called Daily for its damage dealing./font>

Bear Trap melee encounter power the tooltip is outdated and still state that it has 2 charges, while this power was changed during last HR class rework and it has only a single charge now.
    Ambush Tooltip is outdated and wrong too as it should state that the buff effect last for 5 seconds and all encounters power spammed into this timeframe make use of this buff. (basicaly the same like Hawkeye which tooltip is correct)

Wilds medicine this combat class talent, since this has seen some nerf years ago on the PVP side (change that was correct to done back then) but nowadays since the new PVP changes to be introduced and the upcoming healing changes the part where it state that this talent is only half effective in PVP should be removed, cause with the new changes this talent effectiveness results overnerfed (tested in beta server for several days now.)
    Post edited by krondhor on
    GRAVITY X GAME
  • jettaukjettauk Member Posts: 14 Arc User

Destroyer(GWF) offhand artifact class feature is bugged.

I've tested it, and for me it's working correctly. The only issue I see is it doesn't show the speed increase on your character sheet, and that's due to how the power is currently set up. But the speed is being applied.

Purchasable profession recipes (like Chult and Masterwork III, didn't check with MW III but most likely similar) are allowed to be bought multiple times. You lose the currency but don't get any benefit from repeated purchases. Considering we have 8 purchasable professions, it's easy to forget what you already bought and buy the same thing again. So please make it a one-time purchase (either remove the item or block it after buying).

Both of these stores will no longer let you buy multiples.
    blur#5900 said:

BUG: TELEPORT COMPANIONS DYING AT DRAGON TURTLE

1. (Drow) Mercenary
    2. Lightfoot Thief
    3. Shadow Demon
    4. Phase Spider
    5. Probably there are more, either teleporters or those which grant CA by positioning without teleport.

Teleport destination is behind the Turtle and behind Turtle is only water so they die as soon as they enter combat. If that teleport destination could be moved to the sides instead to the back, just for Turtle, it would make these companions an option.

When fighting the Dragon Turtle, companions that teleport behind enemies will no longer teleport behind the Dragon Turtle. Here are the specific companions that got the 'look where you are going' lecture.
    "Mercenary
    Lightfoot Thief
    Blink Dog
    Phase Spider
    Shadow Demon
    Owl
    Xuna"
    If there are other bosses or fights that you notice these pets having issues with, let me know and I'll get them setup for this as well.

Con artist and Sellsword companions suicide at the Dragon Turtle. As far as I can tell it's when they have aggro on a rune and that rune is shot off, the companion chases the rune and jumps off the island.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I don't know if this is reported already.

1. In chult port pirate patrol quest, when mob is knocked off (and sometime they jump with their own will) from the ship, they don't die and often can't come back to ship.

2. In crocodile, mob can drop to the pit (the area before the last boss) and does not die.

In both case, it is hard to kill them if you don't have range attack and your pet can't attack.

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    On live server atm, Adorable Pocket Pet or Lucky Tymora Coin dont block you from switching Loadouts, this is happening in Preview atm ?
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User

I don't know if this is reported already.

1. In chult port pirate patrol quest, when mob is knocked off (and sometime they jump with their own will) from the ship, they don't die and often can't come back to ship.

2. In crocodile, mob can drop to the pit (the area before the last boss) and does not die.

In both case, it is hard to kill them if you don't have range attack and your pet can't attack.

thats a good one, this can be really annoying !

Whille the fix wont come

In House Crocodile you can use a turn around, just com back a bit thil the point you loose the batlle stance hols like 3 seconds and come back , the mod should be back to his spawn point (worked for me 4 times already)...
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Wow, it deleted half my post....

Anyways, rather than potentially ruining classes with a rushed change, just change the wording on entity skills. Example:

"Conduit of Ice
    Turn target enemy into a conduit for an icy storm, dealing damage to them and enemies around them for 6 seconds.

Damage is increased by 5% for each stack of chill, and each hit is considered an independent/new spell."

Boom! Now it's much more clear why that spell can multiproc stuff
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    masteroga said:

Wow, it deleted half my post....

Anyways, rather than potentially ruining classes with a rushed change, just change the wording on entity skills. Example:

"Conduit of Ice

Turn target enemy into a conduit for an icy storm, dealing damage to them and enemies around them for 6 seconds.

Damage is increased by 5% for each stack of chill, and each hit is considered an independent spell."

Boom! Now it's much more clear why that spell can multiproc stuff

I Agree and i will add that powers that deal damage only if the enemy is on them ( icy terrain- pillar of power-smoke bomb etc etc.) they should proc for every time the enemy stand on them the weapon enchantment are different attacks and they dont apply a dot if enemy leave the area.

Now if you want keep those changes for all powers then would be nice increase the damage done for the multiproc powers for compensation so the classes to stay competitive as they were.
  • texy1texy1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Chains of Blazing Light (DC Encounter) immobilize does not trigger unless the power is used as an opener directly on the foe .
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User

When fighting the Dragon Turtle, companions that teleport behind enemies will no longer teleport behind the Dragon Turtle. Here are the specific companions that got the 'look where you are going' lecture.
    "Mercenary
    Lightfoot Thief
    Blink Dog
    Phase Spider
    Shadow Demon
    Owl
    Xuna"
    If there are other bosses or fights that you notice these pets having issues with, let me know and I'll get them setup for this as well.

While I appreciate you fixing this specific issue I'd like a more general fix for the fact that depending on how they die companions can sometimes respawn far from you or not at all, 2 examples :
    - when they fall into a void, precipice or frozen water, they don't respawn at all (this happens a lot just before the fire scorpions in ELOL for example) and have to be summoned back, which can't be done during a fight
    - if they fall off a boss' platform (Ras Nsi and the second boss in master spellplague caverns come to mind) they respawn at a camp fire and can't join the fight back

Companions which are too far away should automatically respawn next to their owner after a given time, maybe 20 or 30 seconds, no matter what happened that sent them away. Even after the nerf, losing the stats from bonding runestones is too much of a debuff for you pet falling off a platform specially when there is nothing the player can do about it.
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    artifleur said:

"Mercenary
    Lightfoot Thief
    Blink Dog
    Phase Spider
    Shadow Demon
    Owl
    Xuna"

While I appreciate you fixing this specific issue I'd like a more general fix for the fact that depending on how they die companions can sometimes respawn far from you or not at all, 2 examples :
    - when they fall into a void, precipice or frozen water, they don't respawn at all (this happens a lot just before the fire scorpions in ELOL for example) and have to be summoned back, which can't be done during a fight
    - if they fall off a boss' platform (Ras Nsi and the second boss in master spellplague caverns come to mind) they respawn at a camp fire and can't join the fight back

Companions which are too far away should automatically respawn next to their owner after a given time, maybe 20 or 30 seconds, no matter what happened that sent them away. Even after the nerf, losing the stats from bonding runestones is too much of a debuff for you pet falling off a platform specially when there is nothing the player can do about it.
    Another issue is in Chult. If a companion dies to the river, it will continue respawning in the river, walking 2 feet, and then dying again. This means that if your companion is in the water, you will never get it back. The only way to get your companion back is to dismiss and resummon. It can be seen in the middle of the river, dead, unable to get out.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited October 2017

artifleur said:

"Mercenary
    Lightfoot Thief
    Blink Dog
    Phase Spider
    Shadow Demon
    Owl
    Xuna"

Another issue is in Chult. If a companion dies to the river, it will continue respawning in the river, walking 2 feet, and then dying again. This means that if your companion is in the water, you will never get it back. The only way to get your companion back is to dismiss and resummon. It can be seen in the middle of the river, dead, unable to get out.
    And the kick of it is: monster does not die in the river. I saw one dropped to the driver. Swam to the other side of the river. Came back to land, crossed the bridge and came all the way to get me. It is not that I have problem with that "dedication" but I want my pet can do the same thing. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited October 2017
    asterdahl said:

• The spell mastery version of ray of enfeeblement has been adjusted to no longer have 2 charges. The initial cast is now doubly effective, achieving the same results that previously required using both charges on the same target. As a result of these changes, the effect of the feat "spell twisting" now works correctly with the spell mastery version of ray of enfeeblement.
    Does this mean that charge based powers are incapable of having their cooldowns reduced? Hunter Ranger currently has the same issue with Hindering Shot and Cordon of Arrows when combined with the Swiftness of the Fox feat. This also happens with other classes such as Healing Word and Griffon's Wrath are not reduced by Hastening Light

• vigito37#6369 vigito37 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Artifacts:

Eye of the Giant: casting does not take place if you don't leave it pressed. Has a half second cast lag. Make it so it works faster like every other artifact

Wheel of elements: when you cast it, you stay stuck on the ground for a second not being able to move.

Please Fix this. Very annoying
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    asterdahl said:

Although this hasn't come up in the thread as far as I can tell, it's been mentioned in the past that there are some issues with ray of enfeeblement, such as the feat spell twisting not properly affecting the spell mastery version. I've made some fixes and adjustments to Ray of Enfeeblement as I was looking into the power:

Here's a preview of the patch notes for the adjustments to ray of enfeeblement that will come in Module 13:

• An issue wherein enemies could move away from the visual effect left behind on them by the spell mastery version of ray of enfeeblement has been resolved.
    • An issue wherein the effect of decreasing the damage dealt by enemies from ray of enfeeblement would stack if multiple control wizards cast it on a target has been resolved. (The damage over time effect will still stack, and the increase to damage taken on the target already did not stack and has not been adjusted.)
    • The spell mastery version of ray of enfeeblement has been adjusted to no longer have 2 charges. The initial cast is now doubly effective, achieving the same results that previously required using both charges on the same target. As a result of these changes, the effect of the feat "spell twisting" now works correctly with the spell mastery version of ray of enfeeblement.
    • The debuff icon for ray of enfeeblement now has a description when highlighted.
    P.S. Tagging a number of developers at the top of your posts in this thread will not raise the visibility of your post and only serves to add to the noise. Please try to use the tagging functionality only when responding directly or if you think an individual may specifically be relevant to your point.
    yes me and a few people mentioned ROE in this thread

the whole point of having Ray of enfeeble having 2 charges on mastery was for having choice of multiple targeting .. or doubling down on a single target ..from a pve and pvp perspective ...... and form a Cw support roll perspective
    now you cant chose to save one strategically either .

also 1 single ray will counts as 1 weapon proc/ dots effect / not 2 as per before .. please consider upping its damage on tab to compensate.. this is a direct nerf to damage /ap gain as well

consider spell twisting to lower the cooldown one ray 1 and then the cool down on ray 2 ..if it cant dual effect them ..

granted combos on a single target will be faster now .. with no possibility for multiple anymore ..

this is just like icy rays offering the choice of 1 or 2 targets strategically ..and spell twisting works with it
    I like roe having 2 charges allowing for strategical play and not just spamming
    please consider this
    also was action point gain increase adjusted for this power on mastery to reflect that it is not a double cast but a single .. it should gain more action points on mastery then now in one shot blasting instead of 2 smaller ap gains from 2 casts like before ?

Bug:
    also icy rays also goes on cooldown if and enemy is tagged/marked with it with just one bolt ( before firing the second at him or another target)and runs out of range
    Bug:
    Icy rays is not befitting from far spell extend 10 feet to power range .(30 foot range) instead it get 20 foot can you look at this most cw powers are working with far spell

perhaps change the ROE to use the icy rays tagging/ target acquiring method then you should be able to make it work with spell twisting and fire at one or 2 targets .

also consider reducing its cooldown a bit to compensate

not every cw was using spell twisting anyways and they were using the 2 rays on tab despite long cooldowns (having high recovery )
    so this is also a nerf to non spell twisting users as well

Post edited by kalina311 on
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    asterdahl said:

P.S. Tagging a number of developers at the top of your posts in this thread will not raise the visibility of your post and only serves to add to the noise. Please try to use the tagging functionality only when responding directly or if you think an individual may specifically be relevant to your point.

@asterdahl I think you mean mean and can say that, as seen in other threads, tagging only 1 developer changes nothing so several of you are tagged to see if anyone will reply, either tagging 1 or all no response is given so may as well tg you all to see if one of you eventually does. Like it was said on an older post, the moment someone mentioned CW needing compensantion for potential weapon enchantment changes you devs were super fast to reply and let them know that will not be a problem but, when asked them same for the SW class regarding changes to Pillar of Power it just falls on deaf ears much more like this will be I'd bet.
  • preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    You are asking for a buff to pillar of power, not pointing out a bug, which is the point of this thread
    You are doing it over and over and over, ignoring people that are asking you to stop
    Now a dev has told you that tagging everybody you can think of when you do this is annoying
    ...and you argue with him?

I fully expect you to launch into yet another indignant rant about how unfair everything is for SWs and how somehow you have convinced yourself that allowing PoP to crit created a bug

Your behavior does your cause no good... As I told you before if you really want to get help for SWs, there are better ways to go about it ... yet you argued with me then and ignored what I said
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    ICY RAYS doesn't benefit from spell twisting while in spell mastery (unless you slot it elsewhere first....). No clue if this has been reported yet...but better safe than sorry
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

"Mercenary
    Lightfoot Thief
    Blink Dog
    Phase Spider
    Shadow Demon
    Owl
    Xuna"

Ambush drake also takes a dive into the water at the Turtle Boss making the battle harder without comp procs. Considering the high end cost of an Ambush Drake, one would hope it would come with enough of a brain to know not to jump in the water (it may also be chasing down runes when it dives in).

There are many places that companions of all types have issues but off the top of my head here are 2 examples.

Chult rivers: companions go in water and never come out but continually die/respawn/die/respawn
    EToS: When you get to the first set of phase spiders and have to kick the stone bridge down, companions seem to get stuck there and refuse to cross the bridge. You can dismiss/resummon to fix or sometimes they magically catch up when you get far enough ahead.
    edited October 2017
    Transmutes dropped in the Dread Legion skirmish are for all classes, but are also character bound. These drops are totally unusable when you get one for a different class, and must be discarded at the end of the skirmish. They probably should only drop for your class, be account bound, or have salvage value.

• wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Certain powers on ground powers (SW PoP, CW IT, OP CoP, and DC HG) make it hard to see red zones and sometimes even loot (SW PoP is worst offender here). Please make all these powers transparent with intesity (alpha) of half of DC HG. This is really annoying on boss fights.
  • wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    SW curses (except for TT) should be visible only to SW that put it, because other SW are not affected by curse installed by others, but it is hard to check if curse is missing. The curse should be also instant cast (there is a delay due to key press and targeting anyway), because other classes usualy wipe mob group while SW is putting three curses.
This discussion has been closed.