test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Air archon

Hey, just wondering how I can obtain this without buying from the trade house? Is there a skirmish or dungeon it drops in? Specific lockbox?
Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.

Comments

• Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Hey, just wondering how I can obtain this without buying from the trade house? Is there a skirmish or dungeon it drops in? Specific lockbox?

As with many other comps, it can drop from dungeons, but it is an extremely rare drop. I would not depend on this method, unless you've done a bunch of favors for RNGesus.

The best lockbox to open would be the Glorious Resurgence Box. The Resurgence Box has the chance to give you the Glorious Resurgence Epic Companion Choice Pack, of which you can open for an Air Archon.

I believe you could win one from a Trove of Elemental Evil, but that box disappeared a long time ago, and the drop rate is abysmal on getting good stuff from the Trove of Elemental Evil.

Other than that, AH is your best bet. It's going to be expensive no matter what due to how good of a companion it is.

• Options
    markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I read online somewhere that it’s in the loot table for Master of the Hunt skirmish. Can anyone verify this?

Also, why mention the Trove of elemental evil if it doesn’t exist in game anymore?
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

I read online somewhere that it’s in the loot table for Master of the Hunt skirmish. Can anyone verify this?

Also, why mention the Trove of elemental evil if it doesn’t exist in game anymore?

It does still exist, just rare/difficult and a big gamble to locate.

Many of us pack rats have some of every lockbox that ever dropped stored away for a rainy day. So, telling you it is there serves as a reminder to check if you have some stored or can obtain some some from a friend, guildbank or other source. The trove of EE was in Black Earth, Crushing Wave, Howling Hatred, and Eternal Flame lockboxes. All four are available in the AH. So, while the trove is almost impossible to find for sale, the lockboxes containing it are not.

About once a week or so, I risk my VIP key on an older lockbox. There may be others who do something similar.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

As with many other comps, it can drop from dungeons, but it is an extremely rare drop. I would not depend on this method, unless you've done a bunch of favors for RNGesus.

The best lockbox to open would be the Glorious Resurgence Box. The Resurgence Box has the chance to give you the Glorious Resurgence Epic Companion Choice Pack, of which you can open for an Air Archon.

I believe you could win one from a Trove of Elemental Evil, but that box disappeared a long time ago, and the drop rate is abysmal on getting good stuff from the Trove of Elemental Evil.

Other than that, AH is your best bet. It's going to be expensive no matter what due to how good of a companion it is.
    Usually the Glorious Res. Companion pack is cheaper than the actual Air Archon. Look under Companions, select Pack and type in Glorious and it will pull it up for you. It maybe 100-200K cheaper than the Air Archon itself. I know crazy right.

• Options
    > @zephyriah said:
    > I read online somewhere that it’s in the loot table for Master of the Hunt skirmish. Can anyone verify this?
    >
    >
    >
    > Also, why mention the Trove of elemental evil if it doesn’t exist in game anymore?
    >
    > It does still exist, just rare/difficult and a big gamble to locate.
    >
    > Many of us pack rats have some of every lockbox that ever dropped stored away for a rainy day. So, telling you it is there serves as a reminder to check if you have some stored or can obtain some some from a friend, guildbank or other source. The trove of EE was in Black Earth, Crushing Wave, Howling Hatred, and Eternal Flame lockboxes. All four are available in the AH. So, while the trove is almost impossible to find for sale, the lockboxes containing it are not.
    >
    > About once a week or so, I risk my VIP key on an older lockbox. There may be others who do something similar.

The EE lockboxes are NOT in the AH on PS4.
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

The EE lockboxes are NOT in the AH on PS4.

Ahh, my mistake. Forgot which forum I was replying in and double checked on my Xbox, not PS4 account. Sorry for the confusion.
  • Options
    ragequittingdc#8599 ragequittingdc Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I got one from kessels, along with water, fire and an earth archon. I got crazy luck there for whatever reason, but check it out.
    im actually the gwf carry
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Bengal is correct - you can get them out of the glorious resurgence epic companion pack at purple.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    The Glorious Resegence companion pack is almost 1 mil AD. I have worse luck opening the lockbox trying to get it. I’ll try Kessels. Thanks.

Hmm, would the loot table change if it was private?
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    If you think of it the 1mil is a good deal (it will probably go down more eventually)

If you pull a green one out of kessles - you need 250K to take it to blue then 500K to take it to purple. So you are technically ahead by 250K but you still will need to spend another mil on taking it to gold either way. I have never seen anyone pull a companion that they were specifically looking for out of anywhere. And the problem with kessels is everything you get is bound in there (iirc). You'd be better to run a dungeon with unbound loot, then buy the box or the archon at purple by selling everything you pull.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP