test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PVP State Of The Game

mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
I made a video giving my opinions on PVP and what is needed to bring it back to it's former glory. You will notice that class balance issues were left out of my discussion. There are "bigger fish" to fry regarding pvp at the moment IMO.

Your welcome to view and comment on it if you like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1Dad8VYUIs
twitch.tv/kaligold

Comments

• kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    reserved.. watching ... clip well at least there are fish to watch ...
  • nerfcc#8605 nerfcc Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Pvp is dead because they're attempting to balance it 7 mods to late and no one plays anymore
    edited October 2017

Pvp is dead because they're attempting to balance it 7 mods to late and no one plays anymore

how can you balance pvp when there are gh 20 and your not in a guild?
    same thing could be said of pve content that have artificially crazy low item requirements to get it... then you go in at dungeon item level and get smashed/ kicked by your party ..same for pvp
    then you discover you need more bonding and power to do the content better / faster etc ..then you decide to join an guild
    content is based on average achievable player item levels not the contrary loner / soloer item level

if you dont need it.. you want it ..

it has nothing to do with guild levels its the matchmaking ... the same personne in some pve spec in a level 20 guild can get destroyed by someone with a correct spec in a level 10 guild what does that say ???

guild level is not the be all and end all factor.. and some one who get very very interested in /pve /pvp will join a guild
    the average guild level across all servers is at least level 8-10 .. so the average gap is also less

there are no solo Pvp/pve /guidless wannabes at /mid / high competitive levels
    except loners that have been kicked out of many guilds or hermit players that dont want to talk/ use mike / communicate / co ordinate ..so how would/should / could they be doing high level pve / pvp content them . how is it fair to have to carry them cause they dont wanna join a guild and power up ..

and if they dont wanna gear up / join a guild etc then they dont want to contribute to cryptic and their bottom line anyways .. then why should this minority be catered to ? (fROM A BUSINESS PERSPECTIVE) ... that solo guy will probably quit within a few week and move on and has no intention of spending anyways norin helping other player in runs or content

the devs dont want to do bear bones pvp ... and they dont want to use preset character load-out for dummies either .. loadout .. both a solution to fairness and geargap / lack of knowledge of builds

how can you balance pvp when clueless pve people(not their fault that their build is bad ) go in pvp regardless of guild level and get smashed anyways ..
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Eleven and a half minutes? Seriously? Just type a few paragraphs instead. Also, I'm listening to your video while typing and you repeat yourself far too much and yell at the microphone too much. No one wants to hear that. Also, five minutes in, you repetedly yell that pvp is dead, so why keep listening after that?

The state of the game is this: The random domination queue is almost empty, and most of the people using it are the same PUG stomping premades wasting everyone else's time. When the permanent solo queue is - finally, after YEARS OF 90% OF THE PLAYERS ASKING FOR IT - implemented, it will need guards against queue-synching premades. But in reality, MAKING PLAYERS WAIT MORE THAN TWO YEARS FOR SOMETHING THAT WAS OBVIOUSLY NECESSARY was probably too much, and did too much damage to the pvp community.

GFs remain ludicrously overpowered. The 2/3 button one-rotation kill needs to be taken away. So does target lock.

All classes should have hard cooldowns on dailies in pvp only. It takes a combat HR longer to recharge encounters than it takes a TR to recharge its dailies.

A significant fraction of the time, Black Ice Domination instances are still broken, after years of this problem.

HRs still need the rework they were promised before mod 12, when all they really got was the same old mod 4 piercing damage that they didn't ask for and didn't want.

Healing and shielding are out of control. A DC or paladin occupying a node makes the whole match pointless and miserable most of the time.

I'm just doing it to get a head start on buying some mod 12b gear in the hope that some meaningful changes will be made and that the pvp aspect of the game will be revived enough to be enjoyable.
  • pzg33#7278 pzg33 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    tried pvp today. still awful. pallys and gf tanking 3-4 people and then blowing people up. useless.
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User

tried pvp today. still awful. pallys and gf tanking 3-4 people and then blowing people up. useless.

LOL take a look at first page on KILLS trust me Gf or Pal is not the ones blowing people up ....
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    On the HR yesterday... wow I did badly. Cc seems pretty much the same, the new healing depression is probably what made me die. I dunno, anyway, I'll leave pvp to my TR.

On topic, Kali, your video was repetitive, and overly histrionic. Stop plz.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • bloodygeorgebloodygeorge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    obekpl said:

Yep, don't forget TRs
    We have monster trio TR-GF-OP and rest of the world...this is so sad d(^.^)b

Add one more TR to that team and that is every game.

Then the even worse scenario (which I saw yesterday) if someone is kicked a third TR has a chance to join.

• chiennedeluxechiennedeluxe Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    As a DC, I cant do nothing. Can't heal, can't tank and my dammage output is still useless. So no dammage, no tankiness, no healing, nothing... oups wrong i can still put HG to buff allieds.

Seriously......
    Papa Smurf / Uncle Ben --DC
    Santa Claus --GF
    Gargamel --CW
  • callidus1986callidus1986 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    what have you done to this game for Dc class - you destroyed DC class 100% Astral shield is useless + healing nerf 75% but its 100% healing nerf in PvP cause almost everyone has shadowtouch boon in PvP ... PvP is balanced but you destroyed 1 class totally
  • kalintharkalinthar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    Tried PvP today after a long break. CW's are no longer PvP viable. No build is possible that counters the damage, tankability and CC resist that a CW faces from other classes. I was laughing at the reflected damage I was receiving from some tank classes. I was receiving more reflected damage than the tank was taking. This is utterly broken.. The class is simply outgunned at every level. That a signature class is so pathetically weak in a key part of the game tells me that the devs are simply clueless in how to fix the problem. After FIVE years of development its a sign of how seriously PvP is taken by the game developers. It is and will remain broken and there is no desire or no resources allocated to fix the problem.

CW PvP is dead in Neverwinter.
    edited January 2018
    kalinthar said:

Tried PvP today after a long break. CW's are no longer PvP viable. No build is possible that counters the damage, tankability and CC resist that a CW faces from other classes. I was laughing at the reflected damage I was receiving from some tank classes. I was receiving more reflected damage than the tank was taking. This is utterly broken.. The class is simply outgunned at every level. That a signature class is so pathetically weak in a key part of the game tells me that the devs are simply clueless in how to fix the problem. After FIVE years of development its a sign of how seriously PvP is taken by the game developers. It is and will remain broken and there is no desire or no resources allocated to fix the problem.

got owned did we ? : D so your only options are extreme range ..stand on a pillar 2 v 1 someone or run ? lol
    cw is averageish in pvp and pve at the moment ..there are classes worse off then cw in pvp that have no viable paths at all

see the following thread most classes (and average players once you shave off the best )are getting plenty of kills and deaths including cws in mod 12b
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1237176/actual-k-d-ratio-in-pvp
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    kalinthar said:

This is not so terribly bad as you descirbe it, cw just need some love from Devs but in fact in end game pvp 1 vs 1 cw will die sooner or later (maybe not vs HR, well hard to say because they are gone in 12b)
  • modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    macjae said:

kalinthar said:

CWs aren't too bad off in PvP. They're not exceptionally strong, but they have some good versatility and utility for their teams. They are probably relatively better at winning matches than they are at killing, which is the opposite of some other classes. There are also a few item choices which can make a drastic difference for CW effectiveness in some match-ups.

On the leaderboards, CWs tend to be pretty well represented at the top. Currently, there are five CWs on the first page, five TRs, seven GFs and three GWFs, and that's generally close to what the state has been for a while. That seems to indicate CWs are doing alright.

In the case of the specific issue you mention, certain tank reflect builds, that isn't an issue of CW weakness so much as certain tank builds being broken. On the other hand, you don't relate much details here, and there are ways to manage such opponents in most cases, as long as you understand their mechanics.

The classes that do need some (but not necessarily a lot of) help in PvP more than CWs are SWs and HRs. For PvP, SWs are basically sort of like ranged GWFs, but worse in pretty much every which way. Each of the major HR paths have some severe deficiencies, with trappers probably being the most useful overall.
    Sorry but SW will kill CW in pvp :P it is pretty equal match but in the end CW is on campfire.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    CWs always manage to hang me up in the air, not that that is very much of an accomplishment. However, I don't think thay are as bad as you think. Some of the one's I've been coming across are quite tanky, at least initially, and hit hard enough to remove my 190k HP in a couple of hits.
    No idea what my toon is now.