test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Improved loot from chests

13»

Comments

• marv700#9957 marv700 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    greywynd said:

There lies an even bigger problem than the loot not being worth the cost of a key. It's not just that the loot sucks but that once folks have gotten their primal gear there is NO incentive for them to run tong. Thus if you don't do it during the first few weeks of it opening you are left trying to run it with undergeared folks that have no business being in there. No one else wants to run it anymore as it's not time well spent.

Which leads to the random queue being initiated in 12b for rAD.
    No one is going to run random queues. If you did by accident and ended up in tong, the chance of success is 0.
  • manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User

With CN, you have a chance for the wand that you can sell for 700K. You also have a chance for other drops and R8s. When you spend your time in CN vs other things that gives the same reward as the CN base reward, you are gambling your time on the chance for better loot.

My guildmates and I run this dungeon fairly regularly and we have all looted various artifacts, companions, and mounts from the chest and every single time without fail they are bound to account. This has been in the past 3-4 months though so maybe in the past that was not the case.
  • preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    A few weeks ago I did manage to get a BoE Shard of Orcus' Wand, which was nice, though I agree that the vast majority of gear, pet or mount rewards are bound

I have so many of those cow skull hats I'm wondering if I could find a way to wear them as shoes...
  • kyle1234512kyle1234512 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    i've only been playing since august, but let me just say this, the only way to make loot fair is to eventually farm the same chest over and over until you are guaranteed to get the best stuff, like RNG builds and builds until you eventually get what you want.

i've done Etos 57 times now and still dont have the il 450 chest, im assuming its a 1% drop rate which is probably fair, but all im saying is if i dont get it after my 100th chest opening i would be furious because i see people with it all the time. and im just like, wow devs must really want me to keep healing and supporting these dungeons so queues can start at all.
  • araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User

Have you tried a trip to the dentist... 0,o

Tried it...
    I got to the front door.
    Then i turned around and went home.
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• diloul#3484 diloul Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    > @kyle1234512 said:
    > i've only been playing since august, but let me just say this, the only way to make loot fair is to eventually farm the same chest over and over until you are guaranteed to get the best stuff, like RNG builds and builds until you eventually get what you want.
    >
    > i've done Etos 57 times now and still dont have the il 450 chest, im assuming its a 1% drop rate which is probably fair, but all im saying is if i dont get it after my 100th chest opening i would be furious because i see people with it all the time. and im just like, wow devs must really want me to keep healing and supporting these dungeons so queues can start at all.

I ran maybe 50 etos and got the chest 4 or 6 times.
    Did only 3 mspc, got the key of stars...

What i'm saying is rng is rng. You can run 1000 runs and get nothing or run one and get it right away.

My philosophy is very simple, i don't farm dunjeons at all and in general i simply dont farm anything not even salvage...
    I sell whatever dayly vip key grant me, i run a few dunjeons here and here and get lucky sometimes wich provided me enought da to buy a few things.

I know its strange as a mmo player but i just hate farming.
    For sure my progression is slower but i least i dont get frustrated by not droping anything.
    Post edited by diloul#3484 on
  • kyle1234512kyle1234512 Member Posts: 22 Arc User

> @kyle1234512 said:

> i've only been playing since august, but let me just say this, the only way to make loot fair is to eventually farm the same chest over and over until you are guaranteed to get the best stuff, like RNG builds and builds until you eventually get what you want.

>

> i've done Etos 57 times now and still dont have the il 450 chest, im assuming its a 1% drop rate which is probably fair, but all im saying is if i dont get it after my 100th chest opening i would be furious because i see people with it all the time. and im just like, wow devs must really want me to keep healing and supporting these dungeons so queues can start at all.

I ran maybe 50 etos and got the chest 4 or 6 times.

Did only 3 mspc, got the key of stars...

What i'm saying is rng is rng. You can run 1000 runs and get nothing or run one and get it right away.

My philosophy is very simple, i don't farm dunjeons at all and in general i simply dont farm anything not even salvage...

I sell whatever dayly vip key grant me, i run a few dunjeons here and here and get lucky sometimes wich provided me enought da to buy a few things.

I know its strange as a mmo player but i just hate farming.

For sure my progression is slower but i least i dont get frustrated by not droping anything.

rng is fine, totally. my only gripe is rng screwage. like i promote progression, and a fair or generous progression at that over 10 players got all the best stuff on day one and the other 990 players didn't. those other 990 players now have to repeat it tomorrow and the day after and the day after until they get it, while the first 10 are now free to do bigger and better things while the bulk have to wait. where basically 10 people a day get it.

id rather see no one have it day one because poor odds, and then 400/1000 players who were dedicated to run it enough after a week get it. while the other 600 get it after a little while longer than that. because they dont run it every day, but maybe some of them were lucky enough, who knows.

and then theres me. whos liable to run it 140x and not get the 1/100 drop and just gets mad at the game.

• marv700#9957 marv700 Member Posts: 135 Arc User

rng is fine, totally. my only gripe is rng screwage. like i promote progression, and a fair or generous progression at that over 10 players got all the best stuff on day one and the other 990 players didn't. those other 990 players now have to repeat it tomorrow and the day after and the day after until they get it, while the first 10 are now free to do bigger and better things while the bulk have to wait. where basically 10 people a day get it.

That is the problem with RNG. Basically your example shows that out of 1000 players, 10 are happy and 990 are not. Why can't all players have the same positive experience? I'm not implying you should open a chest and every item in the game pops out, but rather they need to design rewards so that RNG doesn't decide if you enjoy the game or not. Perhaps ALL good rewards need to handled like seals so that if you work on it, eventually you will get what you want. Not run something 1000 times and walk away empty handed while someone else runs it 10 times and gets 2.
  • muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    drop all to time chest crappy drop lost keys !!!
  • preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Everyone says life is not fair
    Which means life is not fair for anyone
    Which is fair
  • dmolisher1dmolisher1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I wish there was an option on 100 completions to choose your loot, that way some unlucky ones like me ... might actually get happier after 99 times cursing and feeling cheated.
    For all i care the 100 time completion stuff could be BTC, that way not flooding AH and ruining ingame economy.
    Bards are awesome ... music and great tales off adventures.