test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: October Bugfix Month

Comments

• dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    miguelfdz said:

Jagged Dancing Blade is not working, it active bonus seems to work, scince you can see de icon on the debuffs but it don't debuff at all.

I believe it debuffs its own (companion) attacks. The wording is imprecise, but it might be WAI...
  • einsiegeinsieg Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    miguelfdz said:

Jagged Dancing Blade is not working, it active bonus seems to work, scince you can see de icon on the debuffs but it don't debuff at all.

According to multiple people I have asked, the Jagged Dancing Blade debuff is only applying to your companion's damage. This is not at all communicated by the tooltip.
  • sgrantdevsgrantdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 81 Cryptic Developer

Darkfire Stacking:
    Some skills (for example Icy Terrain on CW) cause Darkfire (the drow racial bonus) to stack, while others overwrite it.

Need some help investigating this one. Anyone have an example power that is causing this to be overwritten?

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    sgrantdev said:

Darkfire Stacking:
    Some skills (for example Icy Terrain on CW) cause Darkfire (the drow racial bonus) to stack, while others overwrite it.

Need some help investigating this one. Anyone have an example power that is causing this to be overwritten?

@sgrantdev to quote myself in another thread:

This should cover most of CW:

The following skills stack Darkfire:

• Icy Terrain
    • Oppressive Force
    • Shard of Endless Avalanche
    • Furious Immolation
    These abilities did not trigger Darkfire in a sample size of over 200 hits of each:
    • Smoulder
    • Rimefire
    • Storm Spell (To check this I took advantage of the bug that allows Storm Spell to trigger on targets you don't actually hit. These procs do noticeably less damage than normal SS procs so it is easy to differentiate them in the combat logs+I watched and the icon was never applied to the other targets hit)
    • Warped Magics
    • Creeping Frost
    • Abyss of Chaos
    These skills refreshed the duration of Darkfire:
    • Ray of Frost
    • Magic Missiles
    • Conduit of Ice
    • Icy Rays
    • Chilling Cloud
    • Storm Pillar
    • Chill Strike
    • Sudden Storm
    • Entangling Force
    • Steal Time
    • Imprisonment
    • Ray of Enfeeblement
    • Repel
    • Ice Knife
    • Disintegrate
    • Ice Storm
    • Maelstrom of Chaos
    • Scorching Burst
    • Shield Pulse
    • Fanning the Flame
    • Arcane Singularity
    I have not tested Assailing Force yet adequately enough to make any conclusions on it.
  • sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User

sobac said:

SW Hellbringer: When slotting 'NO pity No mercy' class feature power, It does not perform close to the damage indicated when hovering over tooltip power of the at will -hellish rebuke.
    'Your hellish rebuke no longer deals damage over time. Instead, the damage of the initial hit and the damage dealt back to attacks affected by hellish rebuke are in creased by 50%'--'NO pity No mercy' tool tip.
    Can you please fix to true damage it is supposed to give and I also do not ever see the 'damage dealt back' feature ever kick in.
    This is hellbringer's main 'at will' we use and is very important to the class. Thank you.

Just to provide more info on this tooptip bug:

Normal HR is doing 8 ticks, initial one do 60% more dmg. How tooltip is calculated: 9 ticks, first "big" one + 8 smaller ones
    With No Pity, No Mercy: HR do only 1 hit, but tooltip still use old dmg, but taking into account that +50% buff for first hit. So, it's like: first big hit +50% and then "old" 8 ticks from normal HR, instead of showing only dmg from the first hit.
    That eight "extra" tick MIGHT be the tick extra when mobs hits you. But again, same question as always: what is wrong? Tooltip or real damage the power deals?
    Solution: either remove that eight small tick from tooltip, or make HR do 1 tick more to match tooltip :p
    You are saying HR... do you mean SW? With no pity no mercy class feature slotted there is no dot damage but just one hit but again no where near what the dmg indicator says when i hover over hellish rebuke and the damage it should be doing.
    lol, what we are talking about? HR - Hellish Rebuke in this case. I've already test it not so long ago, but didn't bothered me that much to post it here. But as you mentioned this already, i just decided to add more info about how's it calculated. Again, i'm not sure what's wrong here, either tooltip or atwill itself.
  • zeoc#8336 zeoc Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Special quests - First if you bought a level 70 you will always have the *first companion quest* it will highlight that you have a quest (including the arrow notification in corner of screen) but will not give you a quest just has a pop up of goodbye....
    If you start a quest line before accepting the special quest it will bug out and as above will not allow you to get rid of it.

The first is extra annoying buy the fact that I have bought a toon and have the visual bug always there.
  • einsiegeinsieg Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Reposting with some additional details and proper formatting.

GWF at-will power Wicked Strike suffers from tremendous lag when in-combat, to the point that it tethers you to the ground and makes it nearly impossible to sprint out of its animation. You will be repeatedly teleported back to your original spot. Often Wicked Strike will lag so severely that even well after combat has ended, sometimes upwards of ten seconds, it will randomly perform a jerky attack animation for no reason when I'm not using it, and I've already been in non-combat idle for that entire time. The lag also seems to prevent Wicked Strike from moving forward while attacking, as it normally does when attacking without any lag and holding W. Out-of-combat the lag doesn't seem to be an issue.

P.S. Um, thanks for changing the artifact power. That was actually more than I was intending to ask for, but thanks anyway.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited October 2017

einsieg said:

GWF artifact bonus for Wicked Strike reads as follows. "Increases damage of the Great Weapon Fighter by 3%.
    Applied after each swing of Wicked Strike. Stacks up to 3 times." This wording implies that it gives you a personal buff, but it is an enemy debuff. I recall the tooltip being worded differently and correctly describing this as a debuff, but it seems it was changed recently. If the intent is to change this to a personal buff or not, clarification would be appreciated.

I didn't see any changes to the tooltip recently, but since it was unclear, the description was wordy, and making Wicked Strike apply 2 separate debuffs with the same icon was confusing, the functionality of Wicked Strike's Artifact Off-hand bonus has been changed to the following:

Wicked Strike's Artifact Off-hand bonus should now apply a stacking buff to the player, rather than a debuff on the enemy, that increases your damage dealt by 3% per stack for 4 seconds (stacking up to 3 times). The stacks should now refresh as well, instead of individually dropping off.

A nice change, but I can't see this being an attractive option due to its duration.

Sure, it's supposed to put Wicked Strike in competition with WMS for trash clearing.

However, Wicked Strike feels so sluggish and clunky to use. This isn't even counting Wicked Strike's problem which are similar to the HR's Rapid Strike, where the animation will occasionally jam.

I feel that if the stack duration was 6-9 seconds (refreshable with a single hit of Wicked Strike, or even the third hit, if you guys wanted to), then Wicked Strike might prove to be a *slightly* more attractive option than WMS accounting for the offhand bonus.

• darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    rjc9000 said:

einsieg said:

GWF artifact bonus for Wicked Strike reads as follows. "Increases damage of the Great Weapon Fighter by 3%.
    Applied after each swing of Wicked Strike. Stacks up to 3 times." This wording implies that it gives you a personal buff, but it is an enemy debuff. I recall the tooltip being worded differently and correctly describing this as a debuff, but it seems it was changed recently. If the intent is to change this to a personal buff or not, clarification would be appreciated.

I didn't see any changes to the tooltip recently, but since it was unclear, the description was wordy, and making Wicked Strike apply 2 separate debuffs with the same icon was confusing, the functionality of Wicked Strike's Artifact Off-hand bonus has been changed to the following:

Wicked Strike's Artifact Off-hand bonus should now apply a stacking buff to the player, rather than a debuff on the enemy, that increases your damage dealt by 3% per stack for 4 seconds (stacking up to 3 times). The stacks should now refresh as well, instead of individually dropping off.

A nice change, but I can't see this being an attractive option due to its duration.

Sure, it's supposed to put Wicked Strike in competition with WMS for trash clearing.

However, Wicked Strike feels so sluggish and clunky to use. This isn't even counting Wicked Strike's problem which are similar to the HR's Rapid Strike, where the animation will occasionally jam.

I feel that if the stack duration was 6-9 seconds (refreshable with a single hit of Wicked Strike, or even the third hit, if you guys wanted to), then Wicked Strike might prove to be a *slightly* more attractive option than WMS accounting for the offhand bonus.
    As much as I agree that it it completely non-viable at 3 seconds, do we need something that is more effective than weapon master strike?

Jokes aside, the issue is that you would only want the buff for things that are not Wicked Strike, making maintaining it effectively almost impossible.

It's worth noting that there are three companions that use Wicked Strike that this change will not apply to.
    It might be worth changing their power's name.
    Post edited by darthtzarr on

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• krzrsmskrzrsms Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited October 2017

eldeskal said:

Isn't there a way to implement that Tank/Defender pets threat generation/taunt abilities defer to the aggro of a Player tank? I.E. adding an if/then statement that transfers their threat to a (OP) Paladin or guardian fighter in their party?

I'd really caution away from trying to make the game mechanics solve the issue of bad players. These kinds of issues should probably be solved by raid chat. Otherwise, should CW or DC knock-back dailies change to a stun when there's a GWF swinging away at a pile of mobs? Players making bad choices is part of the game. It's also why guilds are useful.
    Firstly, when you pug (and you better get ready for feedback from randomized Queues) your pugs may or may not read chat, may or may not speak your language, may or may not listen to your advice.

Secondarily, players who solo mainly and then occasionally dungeon delve/skirmish often upgrade their one companion to legendary which may be a tank pet, which they have all their gear for. Saying they MUST use what's BIS for groups is elitist.

Thirdly, this isn't a bad player issue like you assume, it's a poor use of a pet that in one instance helps a player tank harder content solo, yet in another becomes a liability to a group. If you must pay so much AD to have it upgraded, why not make it useful in multiple environments.

More simply, and obviously, companions and gear for them can be costly... Encounter/at-will/passive/daily swapping for appropriate situations is free. Apples and oranges.
    This is actually a bad player issue. I have played an OP successfully through all high end content other than TONG with a lion pet. Often succeeding with lower power teams than is commonly sought. Its not always the ideal pet, for example with SVA, but it can be worked with to reach a win without killing off your team. You just have to actually work with the pet, know how it works, and communicate with your team as to your needs.

Yes in certain PUG groups you can reach non-communicating people. Very rarely do non-english speakers speak 0 english, and the vaast majority of the time they can take at least limited direction, like 'stay at the back of the boss'. For those rare instances where someone is non-responsive, or absolutely cant understand.. There is an element of teamwork to this game, even in PUGs, this isn't any reason to delete that element and dumb down the game mechanics for that specific instance. The correct response is to kick that individual or leave yourself for a better more responsive group.

Further theres another dimension to the game when purchasing 1 pet over another acually has some meaning. This is one reason Lions started out as masively expensive and then fell rather quickly to a moderate cost to where today that are in the 200k range, 1/2 the cost of other 'useful' like siege master. You have to learn how to use the powers of taunting that it has to your advantage, and barring that save the AD and spend it on another active pet that suits your play and ability to communicate better. Taking this away just reduces options as to what to buy so that someone can have 1 jack of all trades pet.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    zeoc#8336 said:

Special quests - First if you bought a level 70 you will always have the *first companion quest* it will highlight that you have a quest (including the arrow notification in corner of screen) but will not give you a quest just has a pop up of goodbye....
    If you start a quest line before accepting the special quest it will bug out and as above will not allow you to get rid of it.

The first is extra annoying buy the fact that I have bought a toon and have the visual bug always there.

There are multiple instances of dead-end quests that only point to "goodbye!" but I haven't detected a consistent cause for them. I have them in some cases where a character will have nothing at all and some patch will give them a prompt for a campaign they've completed. I've currently got orphaned prompts for Dread Ring and Icewind Dale on various characters, with no apparent rhyme or reason.

This isn't so specifically annoying on PC because when you dismiss the prompts, they only get called up again if you strike their hotkey. I am under the impression that on consoles, there is a visual nag that cannot be dismissed at all.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    krzrsms said:

plavia said:

Shadow of Demise (SoD) - This capstone in Executioner tree doesn't register the owner correctly. If more than one TR applies SoD to the same target only one TR gets the credit for the damage. Also, during the SoD 6 seconds up time, some damage is not calculated in. For example, weapon enchantment except Vorpal and damage from Aura of Courage.

Shadow of Demise now works properly with multiple rogues.
    If y'all know of any other powers that don't play well with others, let me know so I may look into these as well.

CW Mirage weapons proc feats in CW paragon Trees without interaction from CW. The Mirages causing damage proc these feats independent of player action.

This has been fixed. Please note that in this fix, we have also fixed the bugged ability of the clones proccing enchantments. This was a bug. Since the clones are technically temporary pets, they should not proc enchantments.

The 'fixing' of mirage weapons is rediculous, misguided, and exploitative. This on the fly bug fixing process is in itself a bug with little rhyme or reason beyond the current whim of the dev in charge that day.

These whims have a cost, both in currency but more meaningfully in player trust in the system (or lack thereof) that is being used to develop player abilities and equipment. Of course there is going to be problems if on 1 day a given item is WAI and a few monthes later the item is nerfed because 'of course it was broken'. How can players make plans in that environment?

I get your point here, and I'm only quoting the first part not to take a bit out of context but for brevity, but I would counter that it is unwise to consider any group of people in any context as a unified single thing that will never change or suffer reconsideration

I am saying this because I appreciate this bugfix project and I don't think the devs involved can easily say it: Mistakes have been made in the past and some of those have remained unresolved for far too long and the best any of us can hope for is a game where our powers, feats and abilities make sense with one another and are properly described in their tooltips

Achieving that end will obviously involve many forms of contradictions and will likely make a lot of players that have built their characters around certain details that don't function in one particular way like they do in every other application very angry... but I personally think its best for the game in general if all items, enchants, buffs and debuffs end up working as close as possible the same for every class, race or build

If your build capitalizes on some singular contradiction to this concept, I think you should you should be aware, regardless of anything else, that you are probably building on what may someday be considered a bug and it may go away, as it probably should

Every single bug that gets fixed is a response to a previous mistake that was made, so to hold a hard line and say people should never fix mistakes is a path to a game none of us wants to play

One particularly hard winter, a man saw what he thought was a stick lying in his path... On closer inspection, he realized it was in fact a frozen snake

He took it home and placed it near his fireplace

Later that evening, he happened to notice there was only traces of water where he had laid the frozen snake

The sheriff that some days later correctly deduced the events of that evening as he investigated the death of the man commented, "Well, he knew it was a snake when he picked it up."

edited October 2017

krzrsms said:

plavia said:

Shadow of Demise (SoD) - This capstone in Executioner tree doesn't register the owner correctly. If more than one TR applies SoD to the same target only one TR gets the credit for the damage. Also, during the SoD 6 seconds up time, some damage is not calculated in. For example, weapon enchantment except Vorpal and damage from Aura of Courage.

If y'all know of any other powers that don't play well with others, let me know so I may look into these as well.

CW Mirage weapons proc feats in CW paragon Trees without interaction from CW. The Mirages causing damage proc these feats independent of player action.

This has been fixed. Please note that in this fix, we have also fixed the bugged ability of the clones proccing enchantments. This was a bug. Since the clones are technically temporary pets, they should not proc enchantments.

The 'fixing' of mirage weapons is rediculous, misguided, and exploitative. This on the fly bug fixing process is in itself a bug with little rhyme or reason beyond the current whim of the dev in charge that day.

These whims have a cost, both in currency but more meaningfully in player trust in the system (or lack thereof) that is being used to develop player abilities and equipment. Of course there is going to be problems if on 1 day a given item is WAI and a few monthes later the item is nerfed because 'of course it was broken'. How can players make plans in that environment?

I get your point here, and I'm only quoting the first part not to take a bit out of context but for brevity, but I would counter that it is unwise to consider any group of people in any context as a unified single thing that will never change or suffer reconsideration

I am saying this because I appreciate this bugfix project and I don't think the devs involved can easily say it: Mistakes have been made in the past and some of those have remained unresolved for far too long and the best any of us can hope for is a game where our powers, feats and abilities make sense with one another and are properly described in their tooltips

Achieving that end will obviously involve many forms of contradictions and will likely make a lot of players that have built their characters around certain details that don't function in one particular way like they do in every other application very angry... but I personally think its best for the game in general if all items, enchants, buffs and debuffs end up working as close as possible the same for every class, race or build

If your build capitalizes on some singular contradiction to this concept, I think you should you should be aware, regardless of anything else, that you are probably building on what may someday be considered a bug and it may go away, as it probably should

Every single bug that gets fixed is a response to a previous mistake that was made, so to hold a hard line and say people should never fix mistakes is a path to a game none of us wants to play

One particularly hard winter, a man saw what he thought was a stick lying in his path... On closer inspection, he realized it was in fact a frozen snake

Later that evening, he happened to notice there was only traces of water where he had laid the frozen snake

The sheriff that some days later correctly deduced the events of that evening as he investigated the death of the man commented, "Well, he knew it was a snake when he picked it up."

This is in its entirety either obvious, or incorrect. I understand what you're saying though, and it was stated with civility, so I will attempt to mirror that civility as well.

Any team project is and should be considered a unified single thing. This is the nature of working together on a singular project. That is the essense of a corporation even; from the latin corporare 'combine in one body.' They should not be hired as individual vigilanties or artistes each seeking merely to leave his fingerprint on our experience at the expense of the game environment.

Mistakes have been made.. of course, and this always the case, and doesn't really need to be stated in any human endeavor. All code has errors, it is an axiom of computer programming. What varies is our response to those errors, and the communication made both within the team and to outside users.

"Achieving that end will obviously involve many forms of contradictions.." This is the major incorrect statement here. Contradictions in policy are absolutely not obvious or necessary. This is fixed in any industry through team communication and .. bear with me here, (sarcasm aimed at the devs, not the respondant) a revolutionary concept called DOCUMENTATION. If you have a question/response from a client about a particular response you seek approval (as was apparently done) reply (as was done) AND document. At that point a future responding dev can see a bug report raised, look back at past replies and be made fully aware of the official positions that have been communicated.

Even if that position were in retrospect found to be incorrect.. one should take on the responsibility for that error. This was at its best a miscommunication of official policy towards what this set should be doing. ..that miscommunication or rethinking will have cost many clients (the players) in time and currency. That isn't a good business practice. ..and it is not necessary.

"Every single bug that gets fixed is a response to a previous mistake that was made..." No, in this environment every single bug that gets fixed is a reponse to what is perceived AT THAT TIME by THAT individual Dev as a mistake. This apparently happens in a vacuum without reference to past statements.

Making contradicting .. misleading statements about the state of the game and what direction players can consider solid investments is what is making this a 'game none of us wants to play'.
  • myrinxmyrinx Member Posts: 35 Arc User

krzrsms said:

plavia said:

This constant obsession with making everyone the same is ridiculous. The mirage weapon "bug" is not game breaking. No one was forming groups around CWs using mirage weapons. It had a slight advantage for one particular class...who cares? . The Devs have stated they don't want everyone to feel they "have to" to use the same companions or enchantments, etc. yet, every time something like this gets "fixed" it steers everyone back towards using the same thing as everyone else.

Also, it's worth re-emphasizing that the poster wasn't someone just taking advantage of the current broken mechanic... quite the opposite, actually. The poster was someone making a decision after research that included posts from the Devs themselves.
  • kittehnekokittehneko Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Paranoid Delusion companion - When used by a TR it freaks out and gets stuck in combat animation. Doesn’t hurt anything, but locks really funny
    When the Paranoid Delusion dies and comes back to life or if you port somewhere, you and the delusion are stuck in an animation for a couple of seconds, this is more annoying then anything else.
  • preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    @krzrsms I'm not entirely disagreeing with you while I think I'm trying to make a larger point

"They should not be hired as individual vigilanties or artistes each seeking merely to leave his fingerprint on our experience at the expense of the game environment."

I don't think the devs we have right now fit that description, and I think their posts in this thread go a long way toward proving that

The laundry list of bugs in this thread shows just exactly what they are up against, and if the goal is to fix them all eventually, I think the only rational way to go about that is to figure out what does and does not make sense in a global fashion and granularize down from there

Where I think you and I most agree is on the point of documentation, though it may well be that the people trying to fix all these bugs don't have the documentation they need to know exactly why they exist

From their point of view, if proper documentation does not exist, we really couldn't expect them to sift through the forums to find and put into context everything anyone said on the subject before fixing something... I think it would be much more effective to judge everything in front of you objectively, on its own merits or lack thereof

Yes, I understand that, in this case, the forum post you quoted could be considered documentation to a point, but in the context of building game mechanics, there is no "why" in what you posted, and that's what we are missing here

Many super-terrible bugs exist just because somebody figured they probably weren't that big of a deal, and many of the people that made those off-hand calls possibly work somewhere else now and never bothered to write down why they thought so

I get that things should be as you say, but when they clearly are not, we have to give some leeway to those that are trying to guide us back in that direction

TL;DR: Omlettes are awesome
  • indifferentsunindifferentsun Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    SW. Just give Warlock`s Bargain a similar mechanic as HR Gushing Wound (Allies who strike this target case the WB to advance, ticking immediately) and crit to Soul Puppet - and SW will again be DD :)
  • michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited October 2017

#4 Longstrider’s Shot (HR encounter) does not buff if there is uneven terrain or an ally between you and the target (I think it happens if the ally is less than 30 feet away from you).

Fixed. (At least for the ally one; I could not manage to repro the uneven terrain one, but hopefully the same fix takes care of it. Or if you can point to a very specific terrain location where Longstrider's fails, I can take a look at that.)

Sorry, I went to the spot where it usually happens but I was unable to reproduce it, I think it was just my companion or an ally running on the hill that prevented me from hitting the target. Or anyway it’s something more rare than I thought. I’ll see if it happens again after the fix. Anyway, more bugs! The first two are particularly interesting :P

#1 Rain of Arrows misses the target if you don’t hit it with the centre of the AoE.
    https://youtu.be/JE6SiJxqPT0

#2 Rain of Swords does not aim where you hover the cursor, but where the character is facing. Here you can see that I miss the target because I am not facing it:
    https://youtu.be/hTXJC1g1dV0

Here I hit another target:
    https://youtu.be/AiqJkqcpqb4

I also noticed that it often triggers Seeker’s Vengeance when you are in front of the target, not behind.

#3 Rain of Arrows, Thorn Ward and Split the Sky are affected by Seeker’s Vengeance even if this class feature is not slotted (assuming you invested points into Seeker’s Vengeance).
    Note: you trigger Seeker’s Vengeance with these powers if the centre of their AoE is behind the enemy, regardless of your character position.

#4 Seeker’s Vengeance does not work with:
    - Marauder’s Escape
    - Seismic Shot
    - Bear Trap
    - Throw Caution
    - Careful Attack (could be intended)
    - Cold Steel Hurricane
    - Cordon of Arrows
    - Thorned Roots

#5 These powers don’t trigger Ambush (HR encounter):
    - Split Shot
    - Thorn Strike
    - Aimed Shot
    - Slasher’s Mark
    - Gushing Wound
    Also, if you use Ambush > Careful Attack > another power, Ambush does not trigger.

#6 These HR powers don’t work with Orcus set:
    - Marauder’s Escape
    - Rain of Arrows: the initial hit works, the following ticks don’t
    - Forest Ghost
    - Split the Sky: the initial hit works, the following ticks don’t
    - Careful Attack (could be intended)
    - Fox Shift
    - Gushing Wound: the initial hit works, the following ticks don’t
    - Thorned Roots

#7 These DC powers don’t work with Orcus set:
    - Searing Light in divinity mode (neither the main hit nor the hit on secondary targets)
    - Flame Strike
    - Prophecy of Doom in normal and empowered mode
    - Hammer of Fate
    - Fire of the Gods

#8 Chains of Blazing Light does not trigger Owlbear Cub active bonus if you are equipping one of these weapon enchantments:
    - Bilethorn
    - Feytouched
    - Flaming
    - Frost
    - Holy Avenger
    - Lifedrinker
    - Lightning
    - Plague Fire
    - Terror
    Note: These enchantments contain "You deal an additional x% weapon damage as yyy damage” in their tooltips.

#9 Shielding Strike should stack up to three times, but it absorbs the same amount of damage regardless of the number of stacks.

#10 The GWF version of Threatening Rush lasts 20 seconds, but its debuff is 20% for the initial 10 seconds and then only 12%:
    https://s1.postimg.org/3mwroma7wv/gwf_tr.png

The debuff for the ally only lasts 10 seconds:
    https://s1.postimg.org/54gy2cjmbz/ally_tr.png

The GF version of Threatening Rush is correctly a 20% debuff for the GWF and 8% for the ally and lasts 20 seconds for both.

#11 In Kessell’s Retreat, Akar Kessell and the enemies in the boss room are level 65 instead of 71.

#12 You can trigger Artificer’s Influence even if you cancel the animation of your artifact. The same bug was fixed for Artificer’s Persuasion time ago.
    https://youtu.be/BwYetfVGhjo

#13 The Cloaked Ascendancy boon Aura of Hope states “boosts AP gain for all allies within 25 feet for 10 seconds”. It actually lasts 4 seconds and works only for yourself.

#14 The Weapon sets Lighttender (Overcharge: Attack) and Drowned trigger Gift of Haste, Have Faith, Unbreakable Devotion, Urgent Prayers (DC feats).

#15 The Tiefling racial trait Infernal Wrath does not work in PvP, despite the icon debuff showing up.

#16 The new artifact Soul Sight Crystal does not work with Prophecy of Doom in normal mode. This is a bit tricky to test because Prophecy of Doom deals damage just before the artifact buff expires, but I’m pretty sure it does not work.

Post edited by michela123 on
  • diloul#3484 diloul Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Chest bug Tomb of the nine Gods.

Yesterday i died without possibility to be resurected by scrolls or friends just a few seconds before the last boss died.

So he actually died while i was in loading screen...
    Then i used the tenser to get back to the boss area and the chest would not open like it happens sooooo many times in Prophecy of Madness...

I kinda struggle to find a to9g, i must say i was really mad to not get loots after the 1h30 of patience during the dunjeon :p
  • brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    BUG on Boons:

Locked at 75% again lvl 73:

#1 - SKT - Chill of Winter
    Damages are in tooltips are: 10 000 / 12 000 / 14 000
    At rank 1 your damages are locked at 7500 (suppose the issue stay present for other ranks)

#2 - SKT - Frozen Reflection
    Damages are in tooltips are: 5000 / 6000 / 7000
    At rank 2 your damages are locked at 4500 (suppose the issue stay present for other ranks)

Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
    edited October 2017

@krzrsms I'm not entirely disagreeing with you while I think I'm trying to make a larger point

"They should not be hired as individual vigilanties or artistes each seeking merely to leave his fingerprint on our experience at the expense of the game environment."

I don't think the devs we have right now fit that description, and I think their posts in this thread go a long way toward proving that

The laundry list of bugs in this thread shows just exactly what they are up against, and if the goal is to fix them all eventually, I think the only rational way to go about that is to figure out what does and does not make sense in a global fashion and granularize down from there

Where I think you and I most agree is on the point of documentation, though it may well be that the people trying to fix all these bugs don't have the documentation they need to know exactly why they exist

From their point of view, if proper documentation does not exist, we really couldn't expect them to sift through the forums to find and put into context everything anyone said on the subject before fixing something... I think it would be much more effective to judge everything in front of you objectively, on its own merits or lack thereof

Yes, I understand that, in this case, the forum post you quoted could be considered documentation to a point, but in the context of building game mechanics, there is no "why" in what you posted, and that's what we are missing here

Many super-terrible bugs exist just because somebody figured they probably weren't that big of a deal, and many of the people that made those off-hand calls possibly work somewhere else now and never bothered to write down why they thought so

I get that things should be as you say, but when they clearly are not, we have to give some leeway to those that are trying to guide us back in that direction

TL;DR: Omlettes are awesome

Yes we agree more than we disagree... Your take is quite a bit more complimentary for the same action, and I don't agree that in this case this is warranted.

We certainly can't expect them to review the relevent documentation such as it exists? What?! Yes we can, and should. There is no way that there is 0 documentation outside of the forums. Beyond that the quotes I posed included ones not from some rando forum user in mods gone by, but a representative of cryptic and its Dev team in July of this year.

Im a relatively casual user and occasional poster. I don't memorize the forums. Yet even I realized there might be a relavent posting on this topic, searched for it, and found an authoratative answer (I thought, since it was from a dev). We know who these people are, Im fairly certain they do to. They can look up their own words in these forums. There is no reason not to expect that IF they are trying to come up with some thourough review and top/down retrofit of sensible rules that they include at least a review/response of decisions that they themselves formerly communicated as policy.

"The laundry list of bugs in this thread shows..." Very little actually. As was alluded by others earlier in this thread, much of whats here consists not of bugs, but of wishlists about what powers 'should' do because they are 'worthless'. Even for the ones that could actually be stretched to fit the term bug in its loosest form.. what do they choose to fix? Is it something that lessens someone's quality of play? Is it something that helps one of the classes like SW compete with their recently reduced power? No.. they choose to 'fix' the topic of my original complaint.

Further if this is some sort of global review, it makes no sense to pick individual nits from the pile and pseudo-randomly 'fix' them before any kind of comprehensive list is found, documented, assessed, (ideally) commented and tested. Otherwise you are just replacing 1 set of bugs and unintended side effects with another. You don't create an organized and documented system by poking at the code with a stick in the 'gathering data' phase cause it 'feels right'. Whack-a-mole is not code review.

"I get that things should be as you say, but when they clearly are not, we have to give some leeway to those that are trying to guide us back in that direction" Only when there is some indication that they are indeed moving in that direction in both word and deed. Otherwise it is important, if anything is to be fixed, for us to call them on it when they continue to make the same mistakes over and over again.
  • michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    @sgrantdev#8718 Last time I checked, I was able to stack Dark Fire with Daunting Light, Chains of Blazing Light, Flame Strike, Rain of Arrows, Bear Trap.
  • ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    krzrsms said:

This is actually a bad player issue. I have played an OP successfully through all high end content other than TONG with a lion pet. Often succeeding with lower power teams than is commonly sought. Its not always the ideal pet, for example with SVA, but it can be worked with to reach a win without killing off your team. You just have to actually work with the pet, know how it works, and communicate with your team as to your needs.

Yes in certain PUG groups you can reach non-communicating people. Very rarely do non-english speakers speak 0 english, and the vaast majority of the time they can take at least limited direction, like 'stay at the back of the boss'. For those rare instances where someone is non-responsive, or absolutely cant understand.. There is an element of teamwork to this game, even in PUGs, this isn't any reason to delete that element and dumb down the game mechanics for that specific instance. The correct response is to kick that individual or leave yourself for a better more responsive group.

Further theres another dimension to the game when purchasing 1 pet over another acually has some meaning. This is one reason Lions started out as masively expensive and then fell rather quickly to a moderate cost to where today that are in the 200k range, 1/2 the cost of other 'useful' like siege master. You have to learn how to use the powers of taunting that it has to your advantage, and barring that save the AD and spend it on another active pet that suits your play and ability to communicate better. Taking this away just reduces options as to what to buy so that someone can have 1 jack of all trades pet.

krzrsms said:

AFTER reading the dev comment below I ground through more of the RD campaign to purchase and restore the mirage weapons to test them against other available options. Taking them to the preview server I tested them thouroughly vs relic and MW2 so I could make an informed decision based on what was now a solid foundation (so I thought).

For a high end CW the mirage weapons, with the right enchant, on the right build gave the best performance. By a whole whopping 5%! /s This wasn't game breaking, it wasn't massive, but it was enough to make a decision when facing 3 top end weapon sets.

I was literally.. to the DAY going to refine my orange level relic weapons when I read this thread. ..and I Was going to let it go at that. Then I realized that even at this point I have a significant investment in time and game currency just in getting the mirage weapons to the point that I have them. ..thats not ok.

Have some kind of plan. Some kind of referenceable words that we can look at to determine if the high end purchases/refining that we are doing are going to be viable.

You, the devs, say that you want variation. That isn't possible when every time a variation is found, even one that doesn't impart massive 'game-breaking' poert is found, its nerfed to worse than other variants. Within that environment one can only use the current best and hope that it remains under wraps for long enough to get ROI.

Here we have two posts by the same individual. One in which they are saying that the player is bad for expecting that the money they spend on a companion should allow them to play in all environments. This individual disagrees that the money a player spends on a type of gear (companion) should be useful in different types of content.

The other post is their anger at spending money on upgrading an artifact weapon set that clearly benefits them more because it actually procs their own feats acting as an extension of themselves. However the argument is that they spent money on it and it should not be changed in a way that would be less beneficial. It's an expense for that individual and therefore should not be changed.

Perhaps bad players are only the ones who don't recognize hidden benefits? Is that how you identify them? Ultimately it's about fixing issues with weapons. Mirage weapons are the BIS weapons for CWs because they proc these feats and allow the CW to get more out of them than they should. I should know, my CW has them. This info comes at a cost to me.

As far as defender companions, I also know that if my OP uses the Lion Companion I could "work" with it's taunt, I don't think you understood the original problem. It's not a problem of the OPs own companion stealing away aggro. Standing, for example, in a pugged MSVA and turning the boss around so that he won't kill your party and also so that you can give them CA damage. When suddenly in the crowd of pugs you spot a Yeti or a LION mount and the boss turns back around towards the group and with one swing you see green players toggling "Help" "Help" because someone has that pet. This is both a liability and an issue that clearly is not the intent of the pet.

You are stating that you have used the Lion pet, there are better pets you could use, does that make you a poor tank that you must use a defender companion? No, I don't think it does, nor does improving what a player spent to upgrade and gear out his companion so that it's useful in multiple environments. It still will not be a BIS for dungeon and skirmish styled content, It has no debuff on the boss to make the fight faster. what I'm trying to do here is help players who may only have one good pet that is a defender while at the same time protecting the OP or GF tanking mechanic and preferring it over that of a companion.

I think you are looking at what gear you have, and how these changes may affect you personally, then making statements referring to other players who have other experiences as "bad". I would advise you to look less at insulting and more at the bigger picture in this case. Stop using your own experience and expenses as the end all be all for judging improvements in game.
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

This discussion has been closed.