test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Feytouched Buglist

darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
Feytouched has always had a list of bugs 4 miles long. I am going to attempt (and I am going to fail) to list all of them here.

#1. Currently on preview feytouched grants a 0% damage buff at all ranks instead of the correct siphoned amount. This bug showed up in the last preview patch. It applies to all enemy types, and does not change based on how much power or buffs the owner currently has. Jumping the gun a bit and reporting this one for you @rjc9000 :D

#2. Currently on preview and live these powers will extend the cooldown of the feytouched buff on each tick, but can still proc the buff on the first tick if they feytouched buff is not on cooldown
- Icy Terrain (CW)
- Pillar of Power (SW)

#3. Currently on preview and live these powers will extend the cooldown of the feytouched buff, but will not actually proc the buff. As @michela123 points out, some of these powers may be properly applying the buff, but lack the icon. This is currently not testable due to the buff being 0%.
- Daunting Light (DC)
- Chains of Blazing Light (DC)
- Rain of Arrows (HR)
- Thorn Ward (HR)
- Split the Sky (HR)
- Bear Trap (HR)
- Cordon of Arrows (HR)
- Smoke Bomb (TR)
- Shard of Endless Avalanche (CW)

#4. All daily powers cannot proc the weapon damage from feytouched, while at-wills and encounter powers can. This is not referring to the 18% damage buff. This is the 10% of weapon damage hit applied separately in the combat log.

#5. Currently on preview (unknown for live) these powers will deal the weapon damage hit from feytouched to the owner. This damage seems to be fake, since it doesn't reduce your HP and cannot be healed, but still displays on screen and in the combat log.
- Vampiric Embrace (SW)
- Warlock's Bargain (SW)

#6. Currently on preview and live these powers will remove the feytouched buff if the buff was activated with them, and the duration of the power ends before the feytouched buff.
- Wraith's Shadow (SW)
- Blades of Vanquished Armies (SW)
- Knight's Challenge (GF)

#7. Currently on preview these powers cannot proc the feytouched enchantment buff, but also do not put it on cooldown
- Shadowy Disappearance (TR)

NOTE1 - The double damage debuff (2x15%) was supposedly fixed on the preview server in this last patch. I haven't gotten a chance to test this claim at this time.

NOTE2 - Sudden Storm no longer seems to apply the feytouched debuff to yourself. Needs more testing to confirm.

NOTE3 - Let me know if I missed anything, so that I can add it to the list.

NOTE4 - There is also a rumor of a bug causing multiple party members to disable each others feytouched enchants. From testing done with Sharpedge, this seems to be a myth caused by issues #2 and #3.

NOTE5 - These powers were all tested with the existence or absence of the feytouched buff icon. Normally this test should be done with fixed damage weapons to confirm if the buff does or doesn't exist, however, because the buff is currently 0%, this is impossible to test properly.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

Post edited by darthtzarr on

Comments

• Options
    michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited September 2017

NOTE1 - The double damage debuff (2x15%) was supposedly fixed on the preview server in this last patch. I haven't gotten a chance to test this claim at this time.

This was fixed. Trans 18% Unp 20% damage reduction, tested in pve.
    #3 was mostly a visual bug, at least for some of those skills. I checked Daunting Light and Chains time ago and the buff was applied correctly, but the icon didn't show up.
    Post edited by michela123 on
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Shard used to proc the buff. I don't know if it procced the icon or not, since I was checking the damage dealt not the icon. You also forgot the part where the Feytouched WE proc doesn't trigger on dailies.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    add smoke bomb to point #3 please
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Thanks for reporting early, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy when I was testing Trans/UP Fey last night. I don't have much to add that hasn't been said besides my test result from preview.

Test GF on random SH mobs (UP)

Random Mob ACT Test (UP)

Griffon's first hit should have procc'd Fey buff, but there's no change in later Crushing Surge hits OR 2nd Griffon's damage.

Test GF on dummies (Trans)

Random Test on Dummies (Trans)

No change in Crushing Surge damage after the Anvil.

• Options
    slyef#6396 slyef Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Pillar of Power (SW) enters in category #3 (I usually wait out for it to expire to get the buff again). Can't test it right now on live, but it's been like that for a while.

Also I'm not quite sure the 'more than 1 person uses the enchant is only a myth though', I might have been dreaming but I remember seeing oddities in MY uptime.
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    @kreatyve @zebular Could one of you be so kind as to roll this one up into the next report?

Sounds like the most recent preview patch significantly broke the Feytouched enchantment, such that it is not providing any buff.

In addition, there are a lot of powers that "bug out" the enchantment, such that the cooldown is refreshed without procing the enchantment, meaning that users get "locked out" of the beneficial buff if they use certain powers.

<3
  • Options
    rayrdan said:

add smoke bomb to point #3 please

Haha, sorry about that. I did actually test smoke bomb, and did actually already confirm it was in category #3... but... somehow it got nuked while I was moving powers into different sections.

• Options

This was fixed. Trans 18% Unp 20% damage reduction, tested in pve.
    #3 was mostly a visual bug, at least for some of those skills. I checked Daunting Light and Chains time ago and the buff was applied correctly, but the icon didn't show up.
    I originally had the same results as well. Actually, I thought for sure these powers even had an icon before. I was a bit shocked when the icon failed to display for these powers in the recent patch.

• Options
    edited September 2017

Pillar of Power (SW) enters in category #3 (I usually wait out for it to expire to get the buff again). Can't test it right now on live, but it's been like that for a while.

Also I'm not quite sure the 'more than 1 person uses the enchant is only a myth though', I might have been dreaming but I remember seeing oddities in MY uptime.

Thanks for the catch. It actually belongs in #2 (if not in a new category), which is why I didn't spot it originally. This power actually works properly if it procs the feytouched enchantment itself while the feytouched enchantment is not on cooldown. Only the first tick of the power actually seems to extend the feytouched cooldown while it is already on cooldown. All other ticks don't extend the cooldown.

• Options
    @darthtzarr
    the thread is noticed.
    please add Magistrate's patience insigna bonus which stop working once you slot feytouch
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User

Feytouched has always had a list of bugs 4 miles long. I am going to attempt (and I am going to fail) to list all of them here.

#1. Currently on preview feytouched grants a 0% damage buff at all ranks instead of the correct siphoned amount. This bug showed up in the last preview patch. It applies to all enemy types, and does not change based on how much power or buffs the owner currently has. Jumping the gun a bit and reporting this one for you @rjc9000 :D

#2. Currently on preview and live these powers will extend the cooldown of the feytouched buff on each tick, but can still proc the buff on the first tick if they feytouched buff is not on cooldown
    - Icy Terrain (CW)
    - Pillar of Power (SW)

#3. Currently on preview and live these powers will extend the cooldown of the feytouched buff, but will not actually proc the buff. As @michela123 points out, some of these powers may be properly applying the buff, but lack the icon. This is currently not testable due to the buff being 0%.
    - Daunting Light (DC)
    - Rain of Arrows (HR)
    - Thorn Ward (HR)
    - Split the Sky (HR)
    - Bear Trap (HR)
    - Cordon of Arrows (HR)
    - Smoke Bomb (TR)

#4. All daily powers cannot proc the weapon damage from feytouched, while at-wills and encounter powers can. This is not referring to the 18% damage buff. This is the 10% of weapon damage hit applied separately in the combat log.

#5. Currently on preview (unknown for live) these powers will deal the weapon damage hit from feytouched to the owner. This damage seems to be fake, since it doesn't reduce your HP and cannot be healed, but still displays on screen and in the combat log.
    - Vampiric Embrace (SW)
    - Warlock's Bargain (SW)

#6. Currently on preview and live these powers will remove the feytouched buff if the buff was activated with them, and the duration of the power ends before the feytouched buff.
    - Wraith's Shadow (SW)

#7. Currently on preview these powers cannot proc the feytouched enchantment buff, but also do not put it on cooldown

NOTE2 - Sudden Storm no longer seems to apply the feytouched debuff to yourself. Needs more testing to confirm.

NOTE4 - There is also a rumor of a bug causing multiple party members to disable each others feytouched enchants. From testing done with Sharpedge, this seems to be a myth caused by issues #2 and #3.

NOTE5 - These powers were all tested with the existence or absence of the feytouched buff icon. Normally this test should be done with fixed damage weapons to confirm if the buff does or doesn't exist, however, because the buff is currently 0%, this is impossible to test properly.

Great job putting this list together!!! Part of me thinks its time to just re-make the enchant LOL... Change it around, as it seems the current mechanics of the enchant are just not good...

• Options
    ayroux said:

- Icy Terrain (CW)
    - Pillar of Power (SW)

- Daunting Light (DC)
    - Rain of Arrows (HR)
    - Thorn Ward (HR)
    - Split the Sky (HR)
    - Bear Trap (HR)
    - Cordon of Arrows (HR)
    - Smoke Bomb (TR)

- Vampiric Embrace (SW)
    - Warlock's Bargain (SW)

- Wraith's Shadow (SW)

Great job putting this list together!!! Part of me thinks its time to just re-make the enchant LOL... Change it around, as it seems the current mechanics of the enchant are just not good...

actually its an enchantments fitting every niches if it was working right. Sadly only few classes can use it
  • Options

I believe I've fixed #1, 2 and 4. Which as a whole should improve the functionality quite a bit. (#1 seemed to only be the ranks which did an AoE)

#6 seems likely to be some quirkiness with how those powers were created, making that a bit bigger of a task as any changes to those powers has to also have them continue to work as expected in normal usage. Not sure when we can explore that further, maybe during October but maybe later on.

#5 may also be something to do with those powers but I haven't looked into that beyond verifying that it is happening at this point.

The next step will be to attempt to make the enhancement trigger properly off of the powers in #3 and #7 which will likely take some time.

Given the number if variables going on here it will certainly take a decent amount of testing to confirm what has been fixed is truly fixed.

I'm hoping at least #1 is coming with 12b, although I guess it doesn't matter too much when it comes. Either it comes in 12b and I get to use it, or it comes in 13 and I make a profit off of all the people selling their "useless" Feytouched enchantments.

• Options

I believe I've fixed #1, 2 and 4. Which as a whole should improve the functionality quite a bit. (#1 seemed to only be the ranks which did an AoE)

#6 seems likely to be some quirkiness with how those powers were created, making that a bit bigger of a task as any changes to those powers has to also have them continue to work as expected in normal usage. Not sure when we can explore that further, maybe during October but maybe later on.

#5 may also be something to do with those powers but I haven't looked into that beyond verifying that it is happening at this point.

The next step will be to attempt to make the enhancement trigger properly off of the powers in #3 and #7 which will likely take some time.

Given the number if variables going on here it will certainly take a decent amount of testing to confirm what has been fixed is truly fixed.

thanks, please focus on point #3. its really vital for many classes
  • Options
    noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2017
    I believe I've fixed the remaining issues with this, although we can't be sure until plenty of testing has been done.

As far as Shadowy Disappearance, the way that was broken I'm sure there were some other enchants not being triggered correctly by it as well. So this fix may fix some other enchants not working with it correctly as well.

Edit - I forgot that #6 is probably not fixed yet due to how those powers are setup.
    Post edited by noworries#8859 on
  • Options
    @noworries#8859
    thanksssss !