test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: October Bugfix Month

Comments

• btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    Companions have no innate Armor Penetration stat which I feel must be a bug. They are adventurers too no? What newbie is going to run out to high level zones with 0 Armor penetration I ask you? They should have at least 60%.
    Also it gets worse- if you have Armor Penetration on companion gear, it does not affect them.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    Timing of when the game thinks you're standing up from knockdown not matching when you do so visually, so you can't activate powers when it appears you should be able to. This combined with the timing and area of red circle attacks not matching the visuals makes giants in SKT an absolute misery for me.
    The Pilgrim Armor has some weirdness where certain parts are not dyable with single dyes but will change to a blank white if a dye pack is used. Very annoying if you wanted to be only the darker shades, or if you didn't want white in your gear. Also, the Primary and Secondary sections seem to be switched from what you would expect based on previous armors. It occurs on multiple races (not sure how that works).
  • enigmaticitenigmaticit Member Posts: 15 Arc User

The invisible wall directly before the Hati boss fight is not removed when Hati is killed, preventing anyone who died to Hati from continuing with the dungeon, and they must leave. Extreme priority with random queues.

I'd like to second this one please. I'm on console and this is really, really painful and I've been kicked from groups because of this issue.
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited September 2017

@rgutscheradev @asterdahl @terramak

Great move! Would you guys please take a look at https://trello.com/b/cSitD7BS/neverwinter-community-issue-tracker if you haven't already?

He mentioned the trello list in the original post :smile:
    Oh... I probably missed that OP... Can you give me a link so I can read up?
    Technically the second post. Of this thread. Post your bugs "even if it's already on the trello".
    Oh! xP I really need to start reading fully and slowly.

Weekly cap on Seals of the Brave doesn't work.

'Death's Blessing' is classified as a feat and doesn't give IL.

Several dungeons still don't put you at the latest campfire when you join in the middle.

Alliance Guild Rosters show empty pages.

Tome of Ascendence's 'Illusion' supposedly doesn't apply any debuffs.

Several titles from the new achievements are missing.

Mounts often don't show up in collections even when used.

Items like Adorable Pocket Pet pause their cooldowns when switching instances while in bag.

As becky already stated, mounts like Drakes and Gas Spore can't cancel their flourish animations, this is a major hindrance.

Inferno Gauntlets are not available for CWs :cry:
    FrozenFire
    Weapon Master's Strike is supposed to increase the damage of at-wills, but it does so from the very first hit meaning at max rank it is actually 30% stronger than the tool tip says it is. It should hit at least once before this starts to take effect and I would say a complete animation makes even more sense.
  • kainan777kainan777 Member Posts: 36 Arc User

Chains of Blazing Light cannot hit Tyrannosaur and T-Rex (and potentially other topple-able enemies on most terrain. It seems to only hit once and then can never hit again on any Tyrannosaur again. This looks like this:
    https://plays.tv/video/5988f5391c4996faa5/chains-blazing-light-versus-topple-able-enemies-

Same with HR's Cordon of Arrows. Can't hit some enemies or when landed on some surfaces maybe.

Another HR's bugs:
    - Seeker's Vengeance isn't working with trapper's Roots and Careful Attack on Preview.
    - Bonus from air and earth archon also isn't working with Roots (fire archon is ok).
    - Bug with dodge immunity frames.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1232497/hr-iframe-dodge-out-of-sync-with-the-animation
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Oathbound Paladin:

1. The Heroic Feat Impassioned Pleas does not give 6% Divine Call gain, it's more like 1-2% at 3pts.

2. The power Relentless Avenger cannot target enemies if a friendly is in the way. Smite works fine, if they had the same targeting mechanic it would be fine.

3. It would also be utterly amazing if RA could be changed to a knock-down instead of a knock-back which sends enemies flying in all directions (as such it cannot be used in groups). It's already been listed here:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1233390/avoiding-certain-powers-in-specific-fights

Edit - I understand the RA targeting mechanic is down to the Devotion path effect of the skill: "Oath of Devotion: You can now rush to allies, pushing away any foes within 30' of them." This causes the power to prioritise targeting friendlies but again, Devotion pallies also never slot this skill in groups due to the knock-back, as such it is never used at all by them as it serves no purpose.

It would be better off with both paths having a 'target an enemy' only, with an aoe knockdown, but Prot path gets the Taunt & Devo path gets an aoe heal.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    Enemies in Chult areas (Soshenstar River especially) can 'hide' in the bushes and become non-attackable (including AoEs), you can attack them again only if they come out or you go in and spam buttons hoping to hit. Please don't play with collisions so much in future :p

Also, it's quite weird that playing a game with lower settings (disabling High Detail Environment or whatever its called) would give a more preferred experience... Hoping it won't happen again
    FrozenFire
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Do the Dwarf racial abilities do anything? Maybe change them so Cast Iron Stomach you take 10% lesss damage from DoTs. Replace Stand Your Ground with Dwarven Resolve: + 3 % Hit Points

Does the companion Sylph's 50% Resist to Control Effects do anything? I seem to be controlled for the same time as others when I am grouped.
  • zerappuszerappus Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Background: The good Developer Amenar left NW/Cryptic after the Hunter Ranger Revamp. However, most of the Hunter Ranger fix specifically for Archery tree are low hanging fruit. We didn't pressure him on long animation cast time/activation time/ and in depth Archery feat fixes, which he said can only be done post-revamp. Therefore, the Archery revamp remain half finished.

In addition many of the bugs were introduced or got lost in the shuffle. Here are the most pressing ones.

Bugs:

- Forest Meditation (daily): This skill used to cancellable via double movement tap. It's an emergency heal especially for us extremely fragile archers, when inundated with mobs. Alas it was bugged after the Hunter Ranger revamp, and since has been locking players down in place, including our skill bars, making us wholly vulnerable while trying to save ourselves in the first place.

Archers need that quick heal, cancel double tap and Marauder's Escape out of there.

- Stillness of the Forest (feat) and Bonding Companion catch-22. The Stillness of the Forest supposedly (this alone is suspect with so many non crit Aimed Shots) should give us added crit chance when >25 ft distance and commensurate bonus ranged damage.

But the Companion do not get the extra range we get from Aspect of the Falcon (class feature) and do not attack. Hence, either lose the bonus and Companion attack or get the bonus and Companion do not attack.

In addition, the Aspect of the Falcon off-hand bonus and Hunting Hawk companion bonus are also range dependent.

Give our Companion the Aspect of the Falcon aggro range bonus whenever a player is in combat, so it actually engage in combat and not be out of aggro range and not activate our Bonding Runestones.

- Cordon of Arrows - This has been reported before, does not crit at long range.

TIA

• deterrant#6687 deterrant Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    AOE target help

At least for HRs some with AOEs the target help aims behind the target, alot.

Could you fix it so the AOEs drop on target when using AOE target help.

Thank you.
    Boar charge

Using this power locks you up for a moment, like the user is stunned.
    Forest Ghost

This Daily is pretty clitchy, many times it wont activate properly.

Plant Growth

Sometimes when activated it shows the animation twice and the sound also can be heard twice. Also has activation issues.
  • sirjimbofrancissirjimbofrancis Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    If a TR dies while in Lurkers Assault, and is raised or uses a scroll, the stealth bar will be bugged and no longer refill eliminating the use of stealth until death or relog.
    Lilia Drakon - PVE Executioner TR
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    • Easy FIX :) NERF Tome_of_Ascendance && Eye_of_the_Giant stat points https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1234272/equal-artifacts

• Great Weapon Fighter: 1) Adjust WMS rotation duration (reduce the duration by a fraction of a second)
      The skill loop(rotation) is interrupted even if you not use sprint (no video here).
      Legacy bug was here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PMBlRFduUc
      HARD FIX here:"Weapon Master's Strike can no longer be prematurely cancelled to strike faster than intended."
      https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Patch_NW.10.20131120a.14#Great_Weapon_Fighter
      2) Hidden Daggers: Cancelling skill with sprint = guaranteed loss of the stack with no effect(buff).

Please review sprint ability cancellation overall,
      Thanks

3) Bunch of GWF tooltips needs a typo FIX, like https://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1221876/steel-grace-resolve

4) Mark mechanic should be declared as a mechanic OFFICIALLY (Like GF Mark):

Unclassified(Hidden) Class Feature:

• Mark - Introduced in Patch_NW.25.20140728a.11
        Mark: Mark effects will now taunt foes briefly as well as place the player at the top of the threat list and are no longer removed when damage is received.
        Mark: Now provides 20% increased damage on the target for the Great Weapon Fighter.
    • 12b:

RP cap info is missing:

eg:

also FIX tradebar currency cap:

The window scales out:

Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    dupeks said:

Also gonna chime in with a few :P

A happy return to Weapon Enchantments (the rework that started it all)

An uncertain future into bonding behavior
    • The bonding feedback thread is a lot to wade through, but the biggest concern I have is the proc behavior intended for Companion's Gift.
    • It appears Companion's Gift has been implemented as a mechanic where it is up a certain amount of time (the cooldown), for which stats are "snap-shotted" and the gift buff is not refreshed. Once it ends, the gift falls off and must be re-proc'ed. It may also have some strang re-snapshotting available during the first few seconds of the effect.
      https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/12983606
    • This behavior is unpredictable and favors fast-attacking companions. It also results in bizarre interactions with stat buffs that the companions may have. Since the gift is long, properly timed coordination can result in unintended duration for stat increases. On the flip side, slower attacking companions develop a short but not insignificant gap in gift uptime between the gift falling off and re-procing, which was not present before the rework.
    • If the intent was to allow for stat consistency in bondings (as I believe should be the case, given the need to balance stats like arpen and crit carefully), then the behavior should be reverted to Companion's Gift being refreshed during it's duration, with stat increases being re-"snap-shotted" at a higher frequency to prevent both issues discussed above.
      https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/12981268
    Also, a cosmetic bug And finally, titles Bonus feature request Edit: Expanded a little bit sorry :P
    But we have this already the companion refreshing almost all the time and we have those stats and on live. What changes is that the power buff may hit the companion when the player will already the companion gift ( and i think i repeat i think that is the intention the power buff to not be permanent on a companion).
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited September 2017

1. BUG: Guild bank deposit issue
    2. Mail editor is extremely unfriendly.
    3. Respec tokens should be changed to infinite respec for a day
    4. https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1208222/bugs-in-message-filtering-in-chat-and-in-other-places
    5. And for the module 12: server-side lag when a big number of enemies simultaneously agro on a player causes character death (aka pinned by agro-lag). This most often happens with batiri or compy mobs, when 2-3 groups of monsters agro all at once but due to the computational/networking lag in that case player does not notices the attack until he is rubber-banded back to the place where he was dismounted and finds himself killed by a huge surrounding crowd of enemies.
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    1. Ice Wind Dale PvP Achievement: Resurrecting Allies. It is completely broken.
    2. Primal Ring 1% bonus not stacking if you have 2 rings.
    3. Villain's Menace does nothing if it follows encounters too quickly, and yet uses up the AP.
    4. Legendary Bonus not consistently applying
    5. Stuck in combat crouch mode too long after fight, prevents mounting (performs mount attack instead)
    6. Knight's Valor gets stuck in ON position, even though it looks off. Must remove the encounter to turn off (annoying when you have to interact with anything [F gates or chest], and sometimes when you are out of dungeons/skirmishes [PE with KV on and it looks off to the player]
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Smoke Bomb (SB) - This power does NOT proc weapon enchantments, and does NOT grant Combat Advantage against enemies under control from it. Also, it’s buggy with its interactions with Feytouched. Sometimes it will proc the +18% damage, and sometimes not. Also, it is buggy when dealing damage to test dummies as it stops hitting them altogether after a short time.

Addendum:

Path of the Blade itself literally procs no weapon enchants, not even Vorpal Critical Severity or Feytouched buff.

This discussion has been closed.