test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Drop failed.

It's been a long time since I played Neverwinter, I always see my friends dropping things, but with me it's rare, and when I dropped the item it was worth 200k.

I read in a note from the developers who got the problem of a Boss that did not give correct drop in case of high lag, it makes me wonder if my case is not just bad luck, but bad connection.

I use Wi-Fi, my latency is high and I suffer in DGs, but I can play, but what if this problem is slowing me down a lot in evolution?

I tried to refine a stone R10 to R11, had a 5% chance of success, I used an incredible 135 Ward ... Buying coalescent would be cheaper. With 10% already used 70 Ward ...

There's something wrong...

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    The chances are not cumulative. Each and every time it is a 5% chance. I've personally used 20 preservation wards for a 25% chance, then turned around and got a hit on a 5% chance with 3 wards.
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    I've used 140 on a 5% and 3 on a 5%. Its random. Sometimes you're lucky. Sometimes the gods hate you. Oddly enough, the game lets you know up front what you're in for with it's title alone. NEVERWIN-ter
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

I tried to refine a stone R10 to R11, had a 5% chance of success, I used an incredible 135 Ward ... Buying coalescent would be cheaper. With 10% already used 70 Ward ...

That one time, a Coal would have been cheaper, yes.

Failing a 5% task 135 times in a row is a 0.098% chance - about one in ten thousand. That's rare, but also means that for every 10,000 attempts at a R10->R11 upgrade, we would expect SOMEONE to take 135 tries. That someone just happened to be you, that day.