test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Module 12b Preview Patch Notes: NW.90.20170911a.1

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Note: Several changes made before the initial Module 12b showing on Preview still have not made it into the patch notes. I apologize for the delay on that.

Note: The issue with double-dipping Crit damage reduction is still active on the Preview shard. We acknowledge this issue and are testing solutions.

Release Notes

Content and Environment
Merchant Prince's Folly
  • The end-of-instance reward no longer incorrectly gives out rough Astral Diamonds (that AD is now given via Random Queues).
General
  • Merchant Prince Wakanga O'tamu has cracked down on rooftop runners, and the wards preventing traversal of Port Nyanzaru's pristine buildings have been strengthened to try to counter teleportation and leaping style powers.
  • Rhix no longer gives outdated information on how to gain Astral Diamonds.
  • Sea of Moving Ice: A treasure chest in an overturned ship can now properly be looted without being blocked by invisible collision.
  • Several minor fixes to contact dialog text have been made.
  • Trade of Blades: Players can now swap loadouts here.
  • Trade of Blades: PvP gear now displays the PvP version of its stats while inside the Trade of Blades.

Combat and Powers
Classes and Balance
  • Devoted Cleric
    • Empowered bonuses for Break the Spirit, Forgemaster's Flame, Sunburst, and Warding Flare are once again properly applied and provide the proper buff / debuff values.
    • Experimental change: Astral Shield's Empowered bonus no longer reduces the damage taken from attacks by a fixed number.
    • Experimental change: Astral Shield's Empowered bonus now increases incoming healing by 10% for each stack consumed.
      • Developer Note: Even after nerfs, Astral Shield continues to be far and away one of the most game-changing powers in PvP. While we still want it to be effective, the flat damage reduction often results in 0-damage hits. This is an experimental attempt to make the power more reasonable in PvP, and prevent it from further trivializing PvE content, while still remaining useful.
  • Trickster Rogue: Courage Breaker now applies a slow for 5 seconds, reduced from 10 seconds.
Companions
  • Certain new Module 12b companions have updated powers and stats.
Deflection and Dodge Procs
  • We've made a significant change in the back-end to how dodges and deflections occur. Now, feats and other effects that proc on Dodge or Deflect now only do so when affecting incoming damage.
    • This should result in fewer occasions where the player character is suddenly put into combat, and as a result should also result in fewer cases where a Companion runs off to attack an enemy the player has not yet engaged.
Enchantments and Enhancements
  • Barkshield no longer absorbs amounts of damage significantly higher than the tooltip states, and no longer continues to absorb at 0 stacks. (This bug only affected the preview environment.)
  • Fey Blessing: This enchantment's effect once now properly allows enchantments to drop again.
  • Frost Weapon: The cooldown is now respected on the Rank 13 effect.
  • Plague Fire: The Poison damage component in ranks 11-13 is now accurately specified in the tooltip. A minor punctuation fix was also made.
  • The effect of Rank 12 Bonding Runestones once again properly stacks.
Item Sets
  • Strategist's Gear: Stunning Encore now grants a flat 1200 Power per stack.
General
  • Healing powers can no longer be dodged. This also includes Insignia procs.
    • Developer Note: As this fix required us to adjust a large number of powers, it's possible that some powers, feats, etc. were missed. If you dodge any heals, it'd be appreciated if you let us know which healing powers / effects they were.
  • Ras Nsi no longer occasionally strikes the player with an "UNTRANSLATED" combat damage popup.

Items and Economy
Refinement
  • When attempting to upgrade an Enchantment in a stack, it no longer incorrectly takes two clicks (one to fill it with RP and remove it from the stack, and another to actually upgrade).
General
  • Artifacts: Soul Sight now only works on the target it was applied to.
  • Artifacts: Soul Sight visual effects now last 10 seconds.
  • Hero's Feast: This consumable item now gives stats scaling up to more reasonable values at level 70. The maximum Power granted by the feast is now 750, and the maximum Hit Points granted by the feast have been increased to 4500.
  • The new Stronghold decorations for this module now have icons.

User Interface
Campaigns
  • Caer-Konig Reputation once again has an icon.
  • Patronage tokens can now properly be created for all expected campaigns, and all of them now properly function.
  • Patronage Tokens now display a warning if players attempt to use one for a campaign that has already unlocked token creation.
Collections
  • Certain legacy mounts have been removed from the Trade Bar Store collection location.
Inventory
  • Character-bound Identification Scrolls are now used in the Identify All process.
  • Items no longer seem to disappear when using Identify All.
    • KNOWN ISSUE: There's a client crash when attempting to Identify All while in the River District.
  • "Sell All Treasure" is now disabled if the player has no Treasure-category items.
Mounts
  • The "Grid / List" selection now persists across gameplay sessions.
Queues
  • Leveling Dungeon Random Queue no longer displays a minimum item level of 10,000.
Scoreboards
  • The scoreboard for Epic Trials now properly show the rewards earned for participating in a Random Queue.
Post edited by terramak on

Comments

• jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    @terramak what about Owlbear Cub companion only proccing half what it does on live? Was that intended or is it just a bug? We SW's are concerned to see our class nerfed nonstop, it has left it behind the rest and it just keeps getting weaker. Numerous posts have been made by me and other SWs regarding the state of the class but every single one of them has been ignored completely, we haven't got any answer whatsoever from you, other devs nor from @kreatyve and @nitocris83 who can forward that to you guys. No plans to rework/fix the class at all? The numerous nerfs you devs put it through have left it awfully underpowered, that does need to be changed.

@asterdahl @rgutscheradev
    Post edited by jaime4312#3760 on
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    >Trade of Blades: Players can now swap loadouts here.
    >Trade of Blades: PvP gear now displays the PvP version of its stats while inside the Trade of Blades.
    Thanks for the change.

>Deflection and Dodge Procs
    >We've made a significant change in the back-end to how dodges and deflections occur. Now, feats and other effects that proc on >Dodge or Deflect now only do so when affecting incoming damage.
    That sounds interesting.

>Mounts
    >The "Grid / List" selection now persists across gameplay sessions.
    @terramak @asterdahl @rgutscheradev take note: the change affects only the "Choose Appearance" mount stable UI ("Current" Tab); "Swap to stable" UI still broken ("The Stable" Tab).

Thanks
    Post edited by someonedies on
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Any plans to fix the Feytouched "doesn't give its intended damage bonus" bug?
    The bug pretty much kills the main appeal of the enchant and makes it worthless in Mod12.5 if not fixed.

And, (hopefully), will you fix the long list of Feytouched bugs (listed below)?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1234400/feytouched-buglist

• scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Terramak, is the fix to BTS/FF going to make it to live server before mod 12.5? I understand that you are dealing with 2 different builds here right now so often fixes just get left to go live in the next mod rather than the work being done twice to implement the fix in both the owlbear and mimic builds.

I would also like to voice my concern that the change to empowered AS is basically making it useless. increased healing doesn't help survival. Dupek's idea about increased deflection chance is a great one I think (increased deflect severity is a poor idea because classes like TRs can already get too much deflect severity which makes them nearly immortal in pvp, and besides, more deflect severity only helps if you can deflect, and most builds/classes don't stack deflect in the first place making deflect severity useless to them)
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    @scathias
    I'd like to get the fix to BtS / FF to the live server before Module 12b goes live, both on PC and Console. Console has its own challenges getting fixes live, so it'll likely be addressed a little later than PC. (As always, no promises, since Murphy's Law can strike at any time with game builds.)

@rjc9000
    Thanks for the link - I've had that page up for a bit and have been planning to forward it on to some folks, but I'll just send it over now to raise awareness and worry about the specific write-ups afterward.
    edited September 2017
    deleted - read stuff better
    thanks for the info terramak, it is much appreciated :)
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    terramak said:

Deflection and Dodge Procs

• We've made a significant change in the back-end to how dodges and deflections occur. Now, feats and other effects that proc on Dodge or Deflect now only do so when affecting incoming damage.
      • This should result in fewer occasions where the player character is suddenly put into combat, and as a result should also result in fewer cases where a Companion runs off to attack an enemy the player has not yet engaged.
    • Healing powers can no longer be dodged. This also includes Insignia procs.
      • Developer Note: As this fix required us to adjust a large number of powers, it's possible that some powers, feats, etc. were missed. If you dodge any heals, it'd be appreciated if you let us know which healing powers / effects they were.
    Hey, I've got a possibly very stupid question that I'm hoping you've considered because this has been a problem before: What about Divine Glow? Did you make sure its damage is still dodgeable when you fixed it to be non-dodgeable because it's a healing power?

(If no: YAY! Because I take a DC into PVP. But probably it shouldn't be undodgeable?)
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    really happy to see that a fix to BtS/FF has been found.....this issue is really making life a bit harder in ToNG. Just hope to see it on live in the near future
    Hoping for improvements...
  • andre#8369 andre Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Another dead class...yay...
  • wickedduck22#9795 wickedduck22 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited September 2017

I noticed the GWF Steel Blitz/Weapon Master's Strike/Lightning bug is still present. I am hoping this is fixed before 12b goes live. It is still being abused heavily. There is the same bug with Steel Blitz/Wicked Strike/Bilethorn as well, but nobody uses Wicked Strike.

If you have a paladin the arcs can also proc aura of courage steel blitz isn't as broken as it looks. lightning arc proccing aura of courage is way crazier.
  • valynstarfirevalynstarfire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 100 Arc User
    Glad to see responses to individual comments by the Devs. Keep that up.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    interesting changes to courage breaker and astral shield, waiting for GF changes.

YAIII LEGENDARY CARPET MOUNT!
  • jiubiizeekkjiubiizeekk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 144 Arc User
    terramak said:

@dupeks
    I can't speak for the team members making these changes, but given they were marked as experimental changes, I'd imagine they'd be interested in hearing continuing feedback about these changes. Thanks for adding your voice here!

@jaime4312#3760
    I'll keep an eye out for any changes in the pre-M12b patch notes and see if the change was intentional. Regardless, your feedback about the viability of Scourge Warlocks (before and after this change) is still valid and worthwhile, whether or not this was an intended change. So thank you for calling it out.

Regarding the Scourge warlock Viability. I main a Scourge warlock, 15.2k item level, pure dps specced with either rank 12 Dread or lightning. And its completely Disheartening when I have to stick to a single rotation mob to mob in a dungeon to get any damage. Not only that i have to run ahead Spend 2-3 seconds just setting up my Tyrannical threat, Cast Artifact, Cast mount combat power, Run in and Either Successfully cast my Pillar of power or Fall flat on the ground(this happens most of the time).
    And in the case of me falling flat on the ground and getting right back up because of soulforge, i loose all my Prior Rotation, Then i get out dpsed by a 12k GWF (with rank 12 Lightning) and a 13k CW.

So not only that. Our DPs is under that of a HR/GWF/CW/TR, But the temptation tree has the best heals, But fails at the buffs, because CW is prefered over SW as a Buffer...

I would also like to know if you have a team member/Manager/Dev that has maned a scourge warlock since its release like i have, and so many others who have posted in these fourms.>>??
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited September 2017

I noticed the GWF Steel Blitz/Weapon Master's Strike/Lightning bug is still present. I am hoping this is fixed before 12b goes live. It is still being abused heavily. There is the same bug with Steel Blitz/Wicked Strike/Bilethorn as well, but nobody uses Wicked Strike.

Uhm, not sure about what the bug is, but I have just tested on preview and Steel Blitz doesn't proc lightning at all

With Steel blitz.
    TYPE DAMAGE ENCDPS AVERAGE MEDIAN MINHIT MAXHIT RESIST HITS Weapon Master's Strike 5.287.128 38.592,18 9.084,41 9.606 3.734 13.276 Physical 582 Lightning Arc 4.306.953 31.437,61 2.466,75 2.697 1.339 3.436 Physical 1.746 Steel Blitz 1.576.459 11.507,00 5.185,72 4.470 3.334 7.532 Physical 304 Lightning Weapon 1.575.775 11.502,01 2.707,52 2.954 1.485 3.754 Physical 582

Without Steel Blitz
    TYPE DAMAGE ENCDPS AVERAGE MEDIAN MINHIT MAXHIT RESIST HITS Weapon Master's Strike 5.751.338 40.502,38 9.585,56 10.386 3.450 13.232 Physical 600 Lightning Arc 4.657.474 32.799,11 2.587,49 2.800 1.189 3.439 Physical 1.800 Lightning Weapon 1.703.947 11.999,63 2.839,91 3.086 1.360 3.767 Physical 600
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    @terramak

Do you have any plan for unlocking class sigils being turned into RP?

All it would take is to decrease the RP value of artifacts at all levels by 150 so that a rank 1 artifact would give 0 RP.

This way, reclaiming sigils and turning them into RP wouldn't be an issue.
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    @terramak I do not really like the Astral Shield change, but I do not use it 99% of the time. You have shown that powers can be changed in PvP versus PvE. I would prefer AS to act differently in PvP than PvE. I expect the conundrum you have with TR is that if you correct them in PvE, then they become monsters in PvP again. So you will have to go down this same road when you get around to balancing the TR. As they have different balancing needs in PvP and PvE.

For the DO-AC issue. Can you make it so that their powers only stack in Q groups of 6 or more? That to me seems like a logical and elegant way to correct the issue. If you can code it.
  • araxelvenaraxelven Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    onodrain said:

@terramak I do not really like the Astral Shield change, but I do not use it 99% of the time. You have shown that powers can be changed in PvP versus PvE. I would prefer AS to act differently in PvP than PvE. I expect the conundrum you have with TR is that if you correct them in PvE, then they become monsters in PvP again. So you will have to go down this same road when you get around to balancing the TR. As they have different balancing needs in PvP and PvE.

For the DO-AC issue. Can you make it so that their powers only stack in Q groups of 6 or more? That to me seems like a logical and elegant way to correct the issue. If you can code it.

I'm sure I speak for most TRs when I say this:

WE DO NOT CARE ABOUT PvP!

Please fix our ongoing issues asap because as it is, very hard to get satisfaction from the latest high-level group content if our class can't properly contribute to it. Was nerfing CB really necessary in this context? This is really really disapointing.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Great job guys! Keep up the good work!!!

My ONLY ask is that you guys release some of the PVP maps that have been gathering dust for the last few years... ready to be released.

Do that, and bring back the NCL and PVP is going to be fun again!!! :)
This discussion has been closed.