An issue appear on Leadership tasks:
    Resonant Bag:
    This bag contanins one of the follewing:
    1x Moderate Enchanting Stone
    1x Greater Enchanting Stone
    Due to the name of stones, it should be:
    1x Moderate Enchanting Stone
    1x Greater Enchanting Stone
    This issue is the same on Artefact Paraphenalia bag.

The good colors of marks need to be for "Mark of Potency" and "Enchanting Stone":
    - Minor: Grey
    - Lesser: Green
    - Moderate: Blue
    - Greater: Purple
    - Superior: Purple
    - Ultimate: Orange
    Currently, it's very confusing due to the bad colors (or names) implemented on Enchanting stones.

Last point:

Minor mark of Potency need to be convert to Refinements Points.
    No need of lot of points, but 1 per Mark will be very appreciated than "Discard"

Thx
    Post edited by brewald on
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Incorrect sorting:
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
    RP cap info is missing:

eg:

also FIX tradebar currency cap:
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    brewald said:

Last point:
    Minor mark of Potency need to be convert to Refinements Points.
    No need of lot of points, but 1 per Mark will be very appreciated than "Discard"

Thx

Yes, right now their only use is being discarded
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    nirafelos said:

• Vorpal/Dread: These are already BiS for a lot of people, but the difference between Trans and Unparalleled is basically nil due to diminishing returns on Crit Sev% and due to the 200% shared hardcap with combat advantage dmg%. Further, the % on Vorpal is at 50% for R10-12, and it just gets a 2% debuff to dmg and resistance at 11 and 12 respectively. These are exceptionally weak upgrades, but *are* upgrades. a 5% buff to severity legitimately isn't an upgrade for a lot of people. Something like 2% crit chance on vorpal and 4% crit chance on encounter powers on dread would be appropriate and HAMSTER and help maintain the cap post-bondings nerf? I see that R13 already increases the debuff from 2% to 3% for vorpal (this is still near-meaninglessly low), but that Dread's two stacking 4% debuffs are unchanged. It would also be nice if the debuffs from these were changed to stack like Terror's can.
    200% shared hardcap between CS and CA? what hardcap?

PS: anyway, you are right, the bonus from Trans to Ulti is pretty useless for the money it costs.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Is it better for a marginal upgrade to exist that you don't really need except that not having it means your item level is less than it could be dangit, or an amazing upgrade to exist that you then feel angsty about because it's going to be a hardship to afford it?

I know how I feel about this issue, personally.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • nirafelosnirafelos Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    @nitocris83 @rgutscheradev @noworries#8859

Can you please confirm that the team has carefully considered the effects of the following on the in-game economy?
    • Artifact value: No 2xRP and no feeders means the cost of non-BiS artifacts will be reduced from 15-120k/ea to the RP they can be salvaged for.
    • Artifact Feeding: beyond the optimal refinement method, this also meant that if I invested in obtaining a mythic Artifact of Power, I could freely (other than marks/wards) switch to any other mythic Artifact of Power during 2xRP by feeding my old one into the new one, instantly leaping the new one to mythic. Outside of 2xRP, this was still 75% effective. Salvaging a mythic artifact under the new system will yield 33% of upgrading a new artifact.
    • OBC/GRECCP value: OBC SW nerf (here's a slightly hyperbolic thread on this, if you don't know what i'm referring to) - reducing the value of the OBC will reduce the value of the Glorious Resurgence Epic Companion Choice Pack, because it's singlehandedly propped the value of the pack up by 200-300k over the other possible choices.
    • No 2xRP = Fewer predictable market fluctuations: Many players (myself included here) hoarded items not solely for personal use during 2xRP, but also to sell for maximum profit. Some even used their profits to make largescale bulk purchases of certain refinement items (or feeders) cheaply between events to then sell for an even larger profit the next event. Removing the event removes this possible revenue stream. I made 4.5M this last 2xRP on PC, which is roughly 2x what I made from refining rAD between the previous 2xRP event and this one.
    • Queue rAD changes: As of right now, I have no intention of ever joining a random queue of any sort. That may or may not change. I am 100% not the target market for this change, and that's fine, I guess, but I'm legitimately not sure who is, given all of the restrictions and requirements tacked onto it.
    • Bad Enchants will cost the same as good enchants: With the cost of upgrading weapon/armor enchants shifted to Marks of Potency and Enchanting Stones + coal wards in lieu of duplicate enchantments+coal wards, the cost of any tier of any enchant will be more closely tied to the value of those marks/stones, rather than the goodness or badness of that specific enchant. This may contribute to discouraging build experimentation.
    • Enchantment Market: Duplicate enchantments, as odious as they were, inflated the market demand for Rank 7 enchantments 8-fold, for r8 enchantments 4-fold, and doubled the market for R9 enchantments. It also inflated the sale-market for R10+ in a less quantifiable fashion due to many players finding the duplicate refinement process tedious (effectively being willing to pay a convenience surcharge to obtain the finished product). As wonderful as this change is, this market effect was not without benefit.
    • AD Sink: As noted in the last entry, a minority of players used to profit off of ranking enchantments of all kinds to specific ranks to sell them to other players in need of duplicates. Shifting this cost into Marks of Potency won't *usually* cost more, but previously that money was staying in the economy in another player's coffers. MoPs, on the other hand, are largely sourced from the Wondrous Bazaar or lockboxes, which means that in order for them to enter the market, AD is permanently removed from the market. In-game currency sinks can be healthy things, so this isn't a complaint. It's a "you know you're making an AD sink, right? It's intentional, not just a side effect that hasn't been thought through, right?"
    Thank you for your time.
    nirafelos said:

In-game currency sinks can be healthy things, so this isn't a complaint. It's a "you know you're making an AD sink, right? It's intentional, not just a side effect that hasn't been thought through, right?"

Just a thought, but coupled with the reluctance to allow 2xAD events on PC (and greatly decreased frequency of them on consoles), does it make sense to try to shift certain costs away from AD that players mostly just shuffle around between each other and towards WB items that remove the AD from the economy?

And if that is part of a plan to rein in the game economies to some degree, is it possible they'll be able to ease up certain other restrictions or adjust other prices?

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited September 2017

@nitocris83 @asterdahl @rgutscheradev @noworries#8859

fixing a grammatical error appears to have eaten my very long post above. Is it possible for a mod to restore it?

Barring that, I'll just re-ask the most important bit.

Can you please verify that your teams have carefully considered the in-game economic ramifications of shifting refinement requirements from Duplicate enchantments, which increased market demand for R7-9 enchantments by 8/4/2 fold, and which also inflated R10+ prices as a "convenience surcharge" for players who found collecting and refining multiple copies tedious, to Marks of Potency?

Duplicate enchantments, as odious as they were, were largely purchased or traded from other players, meaning that the bulk of that cost stayed in the economy. Transferring this cost to more Marks of Potency, which are near universally obtained via purchase from the Wondrous Bazaar or lockbox enchantment pack drops means that a much higher percentage of the AD spent refining enchantments is now going to be removed from the economy instead of transferred to another player.

In-game currency sinks can be healthy things, so this isn't a complaint. It's a "you know you're making an AD sink, right? It's intentional, not just a side effect that hasn't been thought through, right?"
    Post edited by nirafelos on
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User

duel stat enchants dont seem really worth upgrading
    rayrdan said:

duel stat enchants dont seem really worth upgrading

I agree, 2 stat enchants seem to be losing ground significantly to 3 stat enchants at r14.

I think I remember someone posting that there's been some tweaks to some of the numbers (wrt HP?), but I don't see those posts in this thread, so it may have been in the bug report section.

It would be nice for the first page tables to be updated with new numbers if there's new numbers, so that we're not giving feedback on things that have already been changed.
  • aftershafteraftershafter Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    Not sure if I have just missed it but, how are Quartermaster enchants going to work now? What are they dropping? Is this a stealth debuff for them?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User

Not sure if I have just missed it but, how are Quartermaster enchants going to work now? What are they dropping? Is this a stealth debuff for them?

QM does not drop enchants. It drops bags. You get enchantment and other junk when you open the bag and the rank of enchantment is depend on the total rank of your QM at that moment.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

QM does not drop enchants. It drops bags. You get enchantment and other junk when you open the bag and the rank of enchantment is depend on the total rank of your QM at that moment.
    Ah - so they'll continue to drop the bags, which will continue to drop the enchants? And those enchants can be "salvaged" into refinement points? If I'm getting it right..

Ah - so they'll continue to drop the bags, which will continue to drop the enchants? And those enchants can be "salvaged" into refinement points? If I'm getting it right..
    Yes.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User

I just did a quick test. They continued to put bags directly into your inventory. In Dread Ring, these bags were

Spoils of War : contained one enchant (R5/R6) and one gemstone
    Abandoned Gear: contained one enchant (R5/R6) and then misc other stuff

Enchants and gemstones will both benefit from the x2 events, so you will get more RP if you wait to open them for the x2 Enchant/Runestone/Gemstone events.

So hoarders rejoice!!! You can still hoard your QM bags and Leadership bags to open during x2 events.
    Nice - thanks guys. Was hoping I'd still have something to look forward to for the 2x events.
  • wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Please remove items with duplicate RP values.

Faintly Glowing Citrine 10
    White Pearl 10
    Dravite 250
    Emerald (new) 250
    Dread Spinel 250

There is absolutely no need for having different items with the same RP here except for wasting bag space. Also just remove quartz, ametist, and black pearl.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User

Nice - thanks guys. Was hoping I'd still have something to look forward to for the 2x events.

2x events will never come anymore
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

Are you talking about 2xRP or 2x events?
    For 2xRP, there is supposed to be one more for PC.
    For 2x events, I don't know where you get the information from.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    rayrdan said:

You are correct that they are phasing out 2x RP events. There is one more listed on the calendar for the end of September. Presumably we will have this before 12b comes out and it will be the last one on PC platform.

The devs have said they will have 2xEnchants/Runestones and that these will additionally include Gemstones. There is one listed in the current form of 2xEnchants/Runestones for the end of October. I am expecting that 12b will be live by this time, and it will include gemstones.

The developers have also mentioned they will have another event that will benefit RP, but they do not want to discuss it at this time. I hope it is a way to get wards/marks. But we will have to wait and see.

Please remove items with duplicate RP values.

Faintly Glowing Citrine 10
    White Pearl 10
    Dravite 250
    Emerald (new) 250
    Dread Spinel 250

There is absolutely no need for having different items with the same RP here except for wasting bag space. Also just remove quartz, ametist, and black pearl.

Citrines, Dravite, and Dread Spinel are slightly weirdo previously existing RP from events and specific shops. If you don't go out of your way to acquire them, you never will. An item can't be clutter if you don't own it.

Quartz, Amethyst, and Black Pearl have been added to replace specific values of artifact/thaum/resonance stones and gems that will no longer drop. They're fulfilling a need, unless you'd also like an RP drop nerf, or to receive two Peridots every time the game will now give a Black Pearl.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited September 2017
    To be more specific:

R5 enchants/runes are being replaced in some drop tables with Black Pearls.

R4 enchants/runes are being replaced in some drop tables with Amethysts.

These gemstones have the same RP value in the new system as the enchants/runes they are replacing.

The new system increases the base RP of enchants/runes to be close to double the current base value divided by 10, which is similar to the value they provide when upgrading an artifact.
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    Multi-stat enchantments and the empowered runestone have had their powers adjusted. This won't be seen on the newest preview due to when the changes were made but those will be the current numbers going forward. The initial post has been updated.

Multi-stat enchantments and the empowered runestone have had their powers adjusted. This won't be seen on the newest preview due to when the changes were made but those will be the current numbers going forward. The initial post has been updated.

Thanks for the buff, now they look awesome.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
    @noworries#8859 time to update "Vault of Piety (Celestial Synergy)":
    [Coffer of Celestial Enchantments],
    [Coffer of Celestial Artifacts],
    [Coffer of Celestial Artifact Equipment]

may need to be adjusted to follow RP changes.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
    Their contents are updated (I only had Artifact Equipment to test, but they should likely all be the same) but the tooltips aren't. I've done some posts upthread somewhere of items that still need a tooltip update. I didn't find anything yet with contents not updated.

The Celestial Coin store should be updated though since it will make sense to have only one box of RP items.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Can we have Superior Enchanting Stones and Coal available in Preview ? I'd like to test Armor Enchantments but you can't because there is no way to earn Superior.

EDIT PS: There seems to be a hidden hit cap for Tenebrous, it seems it cannot procs more than X times a second
    Post edited by c3rb3r3 on
  • wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    onodrain said:

To be more specific:

R5 enchants/runes are being replaced in some drop tables with Black Pearls.

R4 enchants/runes are being replaced in some drop tables with Amethysts.

These gemstones have the same RP value in the new system as the enchants/runes they are replacing.

The new system increases the base RP of enchants/runes to be close to double the current base value divided by 10, which is similar to the value they provide when upgrading an artifact.

Then there is a nerf. R5 should be 108 RP and R4 should be 27 RP now (same enchant or artifact). I do not see particular need for these new RP stones anyway. They could be adjusted to will lesser frequency to next tier RP. Or just replaced with next RP, the game is stingy with RP anyway now.

Are winter festival semtril artifact-specific RP coverted to some RP stones or liars festival artifact-specific RP?

Also what about Gond currency progression, is it replaced?