test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Refining Refinement

Comments

• ptr0kspar0v#3262 ptr0kspar0v Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    > @sky1stname said:
    > Nice new system and ui ;)
    > Guys this game is one of the easiests games out there .
    > Just like what I say . u just have to invest sometime research a little bit and try different builds until u hit the sweet spot. I always play with the high end guild and did you hear them complain? No just like me i invested time on this game to know better builds. Theres no need to rebalance or anything I know there are some bugs but come on have u guys tried something for yourself ? Instead of just complainin? Im gettin tired of u guys . plus learn how to read. They already said there will be 2x gemstone whta in the hell u guys didnt understand to that ???
    > Plus I foresee there will be an overpowered system in the future thats why theyre nerfing bonding which i still welcome cuz playing with bonding just makes me like a God in pve lol ... Ur awesome cryptic ignore the complainers who hasnt even try something for themselves theyre just bunch of trolls smh...

__
    Sorry but i strongly believe the majority of the players are not a leech on high end guilds/Alliance... And the great majority doesnt even have the opportunity to even be. To be honest the greatest problem with this announcement aint the changing on the refining mechanics or perma x2 rp.. But the true problem relies on nerfing what people invested to achiev, now strictly about the bonding issue.
    And i couldnt exactly get your point.

First you phrased "theres no need to rebalance anything" but you "forsee" that the nerf can occur due to a possible new "overpowering system". Wouldnt that be a balance/rebalance?!
    Second, you stated you think the "nerf is valid cuz you dont like to feel god/like in pve". But wouldnt the possible future overpower system you mentioned put you in the same position?! So i ask you, why trow ppls effort in the dustbin for that matter?

You are not the only one here who loves the game devs created and for that the ppl you are tired of reading are here trying to help improve the game and grow our community.

The point that should be considered is, make new content and more difficult for those who achieved their end, buff weak and useless runestones/companions to equal the ones thats working now, but dont nerf and trow players effort away. Doing that its a high risk for crypt on loosing community members who feel themself impaired and become tired on working to compensate whatever once they have already achieved with effort, being that with invested time or money.

We are all here to help improve and grow this community, and complaining on wrong moves/decisions is part of it.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User

I like the idea of simplifying the refinement system. I think however this ends up costing more RP, if you remove the matching bonus (by removing the items that do a matching bonus) of x2 and remove x2 RP events, you are effectively making the cost of refining 4x as expensive for the points needed to level it up. I understand the removal of the matching enchant is an argument of cost reduction, but I think the base points needed are still x4 more without the two double mechanism. I will go read technical details a bit closer, maybe I am wrong. .

I see what you did, at least on the regular enchants, you already loosely included the matching bonus so we come out just about even or a little ahead, and with RP points required cut in half (not sure if that was everything or just certain items, been a long day) its double refinement all the time! That sounds better that I thought, nice work.

Do you have data on RP worth for artifacts or can they not be put into the RP system?
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    I haven't seen if this was answered yet, but would Artifacts still be able to be fed to other Artifacts? This is a pretty significant factor in ranking them up.
  • lumeena#2233 lumeena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I personally love all the new changes. I love that we will no longer have to hoard our runestones, reagents, enchants for weeks on end, forcing us to buy more inventory space, waiting for the double refinement weekends. I love that we will be able to refine our gear/enchants/relics when ever we want. I love the new rp conversion. Some ppl are upset about the bonding stones, however, our enchants now go up to rank 14 which will make up a bit of the loss. I think it's going to bring a lot more ppl to the game. I can attest that my husband will now want to come back b/c he found the refinement system so daunting before and it was a stick in the wheel of progression for both of us. Maybe now, I'll want to even gear up a second or third toon.
  • ptr0kspar0v#3262 ptr0kspar0v Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    >
    > Well ur the only leech anyway ;))) ... Just like what I said i didnt say i like the nerf plus im talking about class balancing specifically for skills and gameplays not mechanics maybe u should ask first what im talking about ?
    > Second i didnt state anything that says the nerf should be justified where did u read that ? Stop assuming u people who doesnt know how to read..
    > Case closed
    > Lesson learned stop assuming

Sorry but i never wrote you stated the nerf should only occur when justified. I've just tried to present another point of view, different from yours, when on your post says you dont enjoy feeling godlike inna dg while in other lines you said to us you constantly look for new builds to reach the same or near the same performance. And that includes the overpowered system you mentioned. For that i can bet you either assumed or miss interpreted.

For the leeching phrase, is now clear for me that you assumed wrong i was talking about you, read carefully and you will see i never called you such a thing. Different from what you directly said about me. :rolleyes: Anyways, i can appologise for that even when i had no intention neither said it applied to you.

Im glad to read you also aint happy with the bonding issue, at least we can agree on that.

Lets make of this a constructive thread, no need to argue here about any player, neither me, you or the rest of our community. Dont need to come here and be rude to other players suggesting they cant read or saying im assuming things while you are doing the same.

I can agree with ya that a SLIGHT nerf or buff in some class features can help balance and improve the game in a positive way without punishing ppls effort. But when it comes to ítems or any valuable matter its simply unfair and i cant agree or vote for it.

Yeah case closed and lets play our dgs
  • debuff123#4980 debuff123 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Game set, Match. Neverwinter is officially over:) it was a good ride. Peace.
  • ontrix1ontrix1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    There is so much wrong with the code in NeverWinter, why not fix the bugs that have been reported instead of changing the refinement system? The refinement system is NOT broken so why change it?

If people have issues with how to do refinements, then they should join a guild and ask their guildies. 99% of the guilds are more than willing to help their guildies get to where they should be.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    ravenskya said:

Sooo... Gems are no longer going to drop in regular game play
    My guild needs gems

Please enlighten me as to where these gems are going to come from - is that temporary gem dude mandatory now? Do we have to all make gem crates in professions? Did you all think this part through?

Are you going to remove gems/surplus/AD/gold as a requirement for upgrading guilds? Or did you just lock all of the guilds in place behind the gem wall?

@ravenskya you can still craft crates of gems from Jewelcrafting

• frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    @asterdahl, @noworries#8859, what are you guys planning to do with SoMI RP? How will it be converted?
    FrozenFire
  • zacoria1405zacoria1405 Member Posts: 230 Arc User

@asterdahl, @noworries#8859, what are you guys planning to do with SoMI RP? How will it be converted?

I assume you will be able to buy a SoMI RP transfer kit priced only 5000 ZEN in the store shortly.

• lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Please don't get rid of 2xRP events - if nothing else it adds an interesting dynamic to the auction house. Now everything in there will be very static and boring.
  • mullymoomoo#7130 mullymoomoo Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    > @hercules125 said:
    > I like the identify all button, but wouldn't it make more sense to take it one more step? Eliminate the concept of identifying items. It's an archaic holdover from old single player rpgs, that should have been eliminated from the genre long ago.
    > Just have picked up items already "identified" - it saves bag space that is now taken up by identify scrolls and eliminates an unneeded step.

I like this suggestion. Remove identification from the game. Cryptic can't be making anything through ID related zen sales. Players get enough free ID scrolls through vip or drops to not need to buy them. Would be a small change giving a nice QoL boost to players.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

Players get enough free ID scrolls through vip or drops to not need to buy them. Would be a small change giving a nice QoL boost to players.

Aaah...here is the thing. The ratio of ID scroll drops to item drops is balanced just so that without VIP you will not quite have enough scrolls to identify everything you can pick up. For an average player, there will be a shortage, which just happens to be covered by the VIP scrolls.

This is calculated just right to be an incentive to get VIP - which I'm just fine with, by the way.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • terrify10terrify10 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    All these changes to make even etos a 20min dungeon to get the same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ring at the end. Or now msps that are gonna take twice as long or even unbeatable for lower end groups for a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> rank 5 and a flawless sapphire, and if u even remotely think about pulling something cool its account bound, lmao. All these terrible changes to the fundamentals of this game yet u bum devs dont drop ANY FKIN CONTENT!! U can't keep nerfing the dog <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of everyone and not provide any content mod after mod. 2 dungeons a year is just fkin sad cryptic. And how about some different kinds of content at that?? Whys it even always have to be a dungeon or a skirmish?? Plenty of other games and mmos have tons of varied content yet u scrubs keep dishing out these wack adventure zones and slapping a pond in there for people to fish in. Which is crazy that from all the negative feedback from fishing u guys got, but then u put it back for mod 12, just shows u literally read nothing on here so what's the point. Instead of putting sooo much dev effort into nerfing and these pointless rp changes why not put it to good use and put content out that's actually fun and rewarding to play?! You guys could learn a lot from path of exiles free to play model, and clearly there doing just fine off of cosmetics and some stash tabs. Literally no excuse at that point. GG
  • lonewolf#6645 lonewolf Member Posts: 3 Arc User

So.... Dinosaurs? Can we please get back to the high-fantasy meat-n-potatoes of Gothic-ish good vs. evil stuff? Yeah, ok, natural monsters are in the Monster Manual as are also in-betweens like Rust Monsters, etc. But where's a story line where we can gum-up Jubilex? (Pun intended) Or Asmodeus? And why are Lichs and Vampires so weak? These are mobs that are just shy of demi-god status, and are especially vulnerable to protection from evil, etc.

Meh - just saying. I know it is your game and you get to do what you creatively think is best. But if you are going to have the D&D and/or Swords of the Coast brands on your heraldry, can there be more D&D and less Jurassic Park? Bleh.

Quoted reply
    Dino were in AD&D :) Though, granted.. they were never as tough as the ones here, though I do like the diversity they bring.

Non-quoted Reply
    As for the post above that asked what other mmo you can go through so fast.. I remember leveling to 70 in wow within a week's time, and blowing through everquest. So in answer to your question.. there has yet to be a morpg made that someone can not run through once they know how the game works. And in that regards, that retains to ANYTHING. It's natural, once you know the limitations and rules, you become more efficient and don't waste as much time and effort as a newly experienced person. Thus, you will ALWAYS have a gap between hard core gamers and the casual gamer. It's not exploitation.. its knowing how to work efficiently.

Discussion related
    As for the rest of the changes in question.... I stick with the notion that its hardly ever a good idea to take away from what a player has invested in for such a long period of time, you should increase other things to balance not take away, which they have increased the toughness of the mobs, so why not just increase the stats on the other enchantments?

And for the developers... put more time into your design phase. Design is by FAR the most crucial part of any development. What you miss there obviously costs exponential amounts of money later once its in production. And anything that uses % of a variable income is going to bite you in the bud in the long run. Stick with plain linear benefits with limits at certain milestones. For the most part, I think you've done pretty good with the diversifying of stats in the items, its just the "oh, this will be kewl" % implementations that are biting you. But hey, you stuck it in.. so you get to deal with your problem. Just put a cap on how much stat gain they will give at each rank and dont HAMSTER the players off by nerfing them so bad.

And the RP change I believe is going to have a HUGE bug introduction into the system due to its extensiveness; however, with that said.. I'm sure it will be worked through eventually. Though, I also know that bug fixing is the developer's worst nightmare which is why we tend to "add" more stuff rather than "fix" stuff. So, with that said.. with the huge amounts of bugs (some actually pretty major in my opinion) already in the system. why would you seriously want to add this to your plate? I'm quite sure you are going to have a ton of code to have to change in areas that aren't always so obvious and just the business logic of the change has a lot of impact in many areas (it, proffessions, guilds, GUI) just to state the obvious areas.
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    What about breaking down Artifacts? They currently have a 5x match bonus, and this is used heavily in the refinement process. Will Artifacts still be worth 5x their listed RP value when breaking them down?

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

What about breaking down Artifacts? They currently have a 5x match bonus, and this is used heavily in the refinement process. Will Artifacts still be worth 5x their listed RP value when breaking them down?

I was wondering the exact same thing - we need clarification of artifact refining please.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • taillow500taillow500 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I'm not quite so sure how I feel about this but I'm not exactly happy about binding refinement to a character. Why on earth don't you just create an account accessible pool exactly like zen. People don't want to bind refinement to your self if you can avoid it. I can tell you I don't want to bind anything to a character. Why do you peeps keep pushing the character bound <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>? It doesn't make sense.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2017

and who picks up trash loot

I do. All the time. I am non-stop making Gem boxes in Jewelcrafting, and that means I need a lot of profession materials...which in turn means I need quite a bit of gold.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    i like the stream lining and what sounds like a reduction to constant micro management and piling up enchants for double rp.

the main unease i have with enchants is RNG though. this is what contributes most to upgrading pain and stress, when upgrading could probably be fun.

i hate to see a new 3% and a new 1% (coal here!) chance. 5% was baaaad enough.

the effect of RNG is that we just slip over success and start sweating and get angry when we fail, sometimes many times in a row. it's nothing to look forward to, really.
  • cthoncthon Member Posts: 85 Arc User

And you may have noticed how I mentioned Identified Uncommon Equipment can be turned into RP and thought "Man, identifying all of my green drops will be such a pain!", well we are also adding an Identify All button which will take your ID scrolls and identify all the unidentified items in your inventory with one click.

and who picks up trash loot

People who want more RP, and aren't too lazy to click on it?