test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread!

Comments

• lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    Pls, why bring new classes when devs barely can "balance" the ones we have and make a real fix to the bugs?
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    They have not released a class in over two years. If they are to release a class they better release two classes at once.
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User

Pls, why bring new classes when devs barely can "balance" the ones we have and make a real fix to the bugs?

I think all major issues have been fixed. Pala bubble and DC's AA. Imo currently we have a pretty good, maybe the best balance ever in this game. Nothing game breaking, just quite balanced. I think it is the perfect time for a new class.
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • zach#3177 zach Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I would be happy with any new class (druid is my personal favorite) I just hope they also include class quests. I realy enjoyed the the cleric's class quests.

Side note. It woud also be nice if they added a new race one day to also include race quests to got with it. If remember the dragonborn didn't have any race quests but it's been a long time since a rolled a dragonborn so I could be mistaken.
  • eltacogrande#4535 eltacogrande Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    no was hoping for druid...maybe another 6 to 12 mods.....
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    hastati96 said:

I think all major issues have been fixed. Pala bubble and DC's AA. Imo currently we have a pretty good, maybe the best balance ever in this game. Nothing game breaking, just quite balanced. I think it is the perfect time for a new class.
    GWF, TR and possibly CW need re-work. GWF has only one viable tree, 3 or 4 viable encounters--we're all clones of each other currently.

OTOH a new class would add some freshness to the game.
  • dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    I heard one of upper management was saying something like "We had to divert so many resources to Magic:The Gathering so Neverwinter became understaffed". Do you really think it is best time to push what remaining manpower to new class. I dont want to see another class release like Paladin (too many bad memories as a tank GF).
  • aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User

There is no reason not to launch a new class.

Yes there is... the horrible grind to gear up yet another character. Oh... wait. We can buy an instant level 70 toon, completion for almost all the campaigns, power points, tier 2 AND 3 artifact weapons, and item level 460 gear without ever running one story quest. Silly me. #Sarcasm

A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
    Play Legit or Quit
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User

There is no reason not to launch a new class.

Yes there is... the horrible grind to gear up yet another character. Oh... wait. We can buy an instant level 70 toon, completion for almost all the campaigns, power points, tier 2 AND 3 artifact weapons, and item level 460 gear without ever running one story quest. Silly me. #Sarcasm

Exactly. Those additions mean either a new class, a level cap increase, or even both.
    A new class I could go along with.... but lets hope they learned their lesson last time about doing a level cap increase without enough content to support it.
    A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
    Play Legit or Quit
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • wieczny23#1273 wieczny23 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    In my opinion these two classes should be and it should be shaman and monk. This monk should have the two paths that were and that were light and dark, should fight with a kama and armor to wear light. And the shaman should have two paths, the first path should be tied to the souls that he uses to fight the enemies, and it can also protect his comrades, and the second path should be associated with the magick reviled on the elemental magic that he uses to fight the enemies, and the weapon For self it should be spears to be should be armor it should be any exotic at all like from another world and not from neverwinter surroundings.
  • cattman5cattman5 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    This will not happen as it does not match the two class as they are presented in 5th Ed d&d.
  • ryuko1966ryuko1966 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    If we use 5th Ed rules as the basis, the matter becomes two viable paths with a small amount of overlap at max level, providing it remains 70. I recall wd1966 posing a pretty decent structure for the three remaining archetypes, druid, bard, and monk. Changing the textures of hand-picked animations already in the graphic library would save dev time.

The level 70 character buyout would bump EE out of the way, but thing other stuff like professions would become the major grind.
  • wieczny23#1273 wieczny23 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    How to create in a neverwinter online class hall as it was done in the word of warcraft legion but it was not the same as the legion for all the classes that are available in the game and for the new ones and for them separate tasks, campaigns and graces.
  • markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    To be honest, I really really REALLY want to see a samurai class added to Neverwinter. Add some samurai styled gear too?
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
  • nanicokenanicoke Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    ryuko1966 said:

If we use 5th Ed rules as the basis, the matter becomes two viable paths with a small amount of overlap at max level, providing it remains 70. I recall wd1966 posing a pretty decent structure for the three remaining archetypes, druid, bard, and monk. Changing the textures of hand-picked animations already in the graphic library would save dev time.

The level 70 character buyout would bump EE out of the way, but thing other stuff like professions would become the major grind.

Iremember that too, ryuko.

The 5th Ed. rules are still the playbook for everything in Neverwinter. Since "Tomb of Annihlation," the world map has opened up some more. Chult opens the door to go eastward towards Kara Tur, making for a starting point of level 70 characters.

To the devs reading through this, a level cap increase could work well at this next mod roll out. Taking a little trimming:
    Level 60- Elemental Evils, Maze Engine (properly tucked behind the Dwarven King not independent)
    Level 64- Sharandar, Dread Ring open up
    Level 70- Icewind Dale, Underdark open up
    Level 74- Storm King's Thunder, Cloaked Ascendency open up
    Level 80- Tomb of Annihlation, 'Next Module' open up
    Pre-crafted character level could bump up to 72
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    nanicoke said:

Iremember that too, ryuko.

The 5th Ed. rules are still the playbook for everything in Neverwinter. Since "Tomb of Annihlation," the world map has opened up some more. Chult opens the door to go eastward towards Kara Tur, making for a starting point of level 70 characters.

To the devs reading through this, a level cap increase could work well at this next mod roll out. Taking a little trimming:
    Level 60- Elemental Evils, Maze Engine (properly tucked behind the Dwarven King not independent)
    Level 64- Sharandar, Dread Ring open up
    Level 70- Icewind Dale, Underdark open up
    Level 74- Storm King's Thunder, Cloaked Ascendency open up
    Level 80- Tomb of Annihlation, 'Next Module' open up
    Pre-crafted character level could bump up to 72

I just want a new class - I don't really care where the mod is, just please devs stop using the 'balancing' excuse and do it already.
  • ladybearheartladybearheart Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Could we please, please have Sorcerers added? I would love to have a Sorcerer toon. I think they are super awesome.
  • ravencrest86ravencrest86 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I wanna Druid and dual swording class, some NPC dualswording using. Rogue isnt dual swording. I can see diferent fighting style betwene rogue and for example Drizzt and other NPC enemy.
  • astrotiger5astrotiger5 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    Drizzt style of combat more like my suggest character class "Duelist", then Rogue (histroyical, combative style more like a Renaissance Italian Duelist).
  • tekathurraitekathurrai Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    FAVORED SOUL! Something like it. Was my favorite in DDO.
  • maracooyamaracooya Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Not sure if any1 suggested it yet, if so I apologize for not paying full attention since post 1, but Banshee class would be interesting to see. I think it can give a lot of options for combined play style and lots of fun in making too. Could potentially bring some nice elements of (CW's) cc through fatal 360° screams maybe, focused killing dot sound waves, major instant dmging via messenger of death's finger skill (somewhat similar to Orcus thing or CW's disintegration) but it can also bring some moderate protective stuff to allies similar to DC's or tanking role within the aerial. Wouldn't be a designated healer, certainly not a tank itself, but some supportive elements to bring up flexibility and boost up what needs to be up within the party to succeed, while not being able to fully cover up or replace any true support option. Not all-in-once, at least. Can be set up via paths and limits not to be look-alike but rly interesting choice to play with. It's not my job to go too deep in technicalities... just an idea on top of my mind of what could be seen as maybe a fresh way to glue up parties or even act ruthless if necessary. I'd rather see that then yet another pure hdps option out of so many existing. So I vote for stuff like shifters, manipulation elements, variety and flexibility in play style along with inevitable dmg dealing...
    maracooya said:

Not sure if any1 suggested it yet, if so I apologize for not paying full attention since post 1, but Banshee class would be interesting to see. I think it can give a lot of options for combined play style and lots of fun in making too. Could potentially bring some nice elements of (CW's) cc through fatal 360° screams maybe, focused killing dot sound waves, major instant dmging via messenger of death's finger skill (somewhat similar to Orcus thing or CW's disintegration) but it can also bring some moderate protective stuff to allies similar to DC's or tanking role within the aerial. Wouldn't be a designated healer, certainly not a tank itself, but some supportive elements to bring up flexibility and boost up what needs to be up within the party to succeed, while not being able to fully cover up or replace any true support option. Not all-in-once, at least. Can be set up via paths and limits not to be look-alike but rly interesting choice to play with. It's not my job to go too deep in technicalities... just an idea on top of my mind of what could be seen as maybe a fresh way to glue up parties or even act ruthless if necessary. I'd rather see that then yet another pure hdps option out of so many existing. So I vote for stuff like shifters, manipulation elements, variety and flexibility in play style along with inevitable dmg dealing...

yeah and if they made this class, delete the SW since they're ruining it anyways. How wonderful!
  • maracooyamaracooya Member Posts: 3 Arc User

maracooya said:

yeah and if they made this class, delete the SW since they're ruining it anyways. How wonderful!
    Boy, do I smell sarcasm..? :blush:

SW has nothing to do with that, along with OP it was a misfit since both came up. Rushing and technicalities. People loved 1shot boss kills ffs and we want to talk classes seriously? Endgame content (CN) was a joke at a time... not just due to SW lunacy, but warlocks were pretty much the main role. Were you complaining back then if you're rolling that class and if you were present at all? Highly doubt so. I even laughed at some GWF's being frustrated, was funny for a bit.

What I've said doesn't even come close to what SW is or has to offer. It wasn't my intention to provoke or disregard.
    Seeing that we already have pretty much every playing aspect covered, what should we really talk about then? Banshee was just an idea that, honestly, sounds more like a control/aerial hybrid in its core (with dps and supportive options for individual purpose ofc), rather then crunchy necro dps/buff try or whatever SW is (for you). Besides, what is your constructive suggestion to this matter? Should devs just throw more hdps or healers or another try of tanking option that eventually turns out to be new hdps pick to half of the server... you know, people like being trendy more then imaginative it seems. That's exactly why many of us feel like we're turning into one big instant-consuming bunch of bot-players instead of role-playing individuals that actually have some fun in the process. Fun like flexibility, various choice options, being able to manipulate the game play other then just look alike, boost the very same things while measuring e-sticks, wave legendary rides (discs) etc. That's all just make up.

If you had that kind of party-glue ability class additionally, would hdps playground cry for dc/tank/mof more or less maybe?
    Would there be one more viable option to speed up pt forming/queuing? That's all part of the game you know... waiting, searching, chasing... nobody wants to spend free time doing that and once devs decide to push with this class story, I'm pretty convinced they will have that in mind. Those role bonuses for queuing in mod12b (tank/healers) are nothing more then motivational step to begin with. Small, but certainly a pointer.
    So why not actually making one interesting class in that direction?

In the end, I kinda realize why devs keep delaying new class/race introduction. They probably shouldn't do anything about it before every and single class start looking properly, being the one with its nature... Is that even possible and what does that mean? Why are we voting and discussing new class possibilities then? What's the point? Many classes were or are still broken in some ways. Every class will keep fluctuating as game changes. Some boost, some nerf... round and round. Why would anyone desire a new class then, right?
    So, instead of just throwing another few-words-moaning-post, present us with some constructive stuff please.
    I'm sure not just community, but devs as well would like to see more of that. I know I would.

Have fun.
  • intothegrooveintothegroove Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Before you start with a new class please fix the Trickster Rogue, tired of getting beaten in DPS by other DPS classes with 2k less item level. Having said that, would be nice to see a monk but probably much easier to do a druid (which would also be pretty cool), or a barbarian could be nice too but a little similar to the GWF.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

Before you start with a new class please fix the Trickster Rogue, tired of getting beaten in DPS by other DPS classes with 2k less item level. Having said that, would be nice to see a monk but probably much easier to do a druid (which would also be pretty cool), or a barbarian could be nice too but a little similar to the GWF.

So weird. In this thread - this note complains about TR not being overpowered enough. In another thread about changes in PVP, the complaint is that Smoke Bomb etc makes the TR too overpowered.

The devs are never going to get the "balance" right because every player thinks "balance" = their DPS class has to consistently be the best at DPS/Paingiver. And if a CW out DPS a TR - the TR isn't happy. And vice versa, etc. And god forbid if a GF out DPS all of them.

To the devs: Just stop worrying about balance already - you will never, ever make every player happy, so go with the 80% rule and let's see some new classes and races already.
    maracooya said:

maracooya said:

Boy, do I smell sarcasm..? :blush:

SW has nothing to do with that, along with OP it was a misfit since both came up. Rushing and technicalities. People loved 1shot boss kills ffs and we want to talk classes seriously? Endgame content (CN) was a joke at a time... not just due to SW lunacy, but warlocks were pretty much the main role. Were you complaining back then if you're rolling that class and if you were present at all? Highly doubt so. I even laughed at some GWF's being frustrated, was funny for a bit.

What I've said doesn't even come close to what SW is or has to offer. It wasn't my intention to provoke or disregard.
    Seeing that we already have pretty much every playing aspect covered, what should we really talk about then? Banshee was just an idea that, honestly, sounds more like a control/aerial hybrid in its core (with dps and supportive options for individual purpose ofc), rather then crunchy necro dps/buff try or whatever SW is (for you). Besides, what is your constructive suggestion to this matter? Should devs just throw more hdps or healers or another try of tanking option that eventually turns out to be new hdps pick to half of the server... you know, people like being trendy more then imaginative it seems. That's exactly why many of us feel like we're turning into one big instant-consuming bunch of bot-players instead of role-playing individuals that actually have some fun in the process. Fun like flexibility, various choice options, being able to manipulate the game play other then just look alike, boost the very same things while measuring e-sticks, wave legendary rides (discs) etc. That's all just make up.

If you had that kind of party-glue ability class additionally, would hdps playground cry for dc/tank/mof more or less maybe?
    Would there be one more viable option to speed up pt forming/queuing? That's all part of the game you know... waiting, searching, chasing... nobody wants to spend free time doing that and once devs decide to push with this class story, I'm pretty convinced they will have that in mind. Those role bonuses for queuing in mod12b (tank/healers) are nothing more then motivational step to begin with. Small, but certainly a pointer.
    So why not actually making one interesting class in that direction?

In the end, I kinda realize why devs keep delaying new class/race introduction. They probably shouldn't do anything about it before every and single class start looking properly, being the one with its nature... Is that even possible and what does that mean? Why are we voting and discussing new class possibilities then? What's the point? Many classes were or are still broken in some ways. Every class will keep fluctuating as game changes. Some boost, some nerf... round and round. Why would anyone desire a new class then, right?
    So, instead of just throwing another few-words-moaning-post, present us with some constructive stuff please.
    I'm sure not just community, but devs as well would like to see more of that. I know I would.

Have fun.
    I don't know what tone to take your comment in. I wasn't bashing your first comment, I actually really like your idea. I was somewhat serious about it replacing the SW. I have only been playing for 3 months so I don't know how it feels to be overpowered with my SW, only that I have to compete a lot to be even remotely close to GWF/HR/CW. And then now nerfing the Owlbear Cub will make that competition even that much harder.