test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Character copy to PC

markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
This would require a dev to manually transfer a character file to PC. It shouldn't cause any weird issues since consoles are behind on content. Would be nice not to have to start over. I would also suggest one 1 character transfer per account to prevent flooding. I know this is possible as I've played another MMO that was able transfer console characters to its test server.
Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    You can copy characters from PC to Neverwinter's preview server. However, they do not allow copies cross platform for a lot of different reasons. Mostly because Sony and Microsoft aren't allowing it, if I my assumptions are correct, but probably for technical reasons too. Not to mention economical ones.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    I didn't mean from Playstation 4 to Xbone but more like Playstation to PC or Xbone to PC. As for not allowing it. I Know for a fact that it is possible because I've had it done on another game from playstation to pc. A dev had to manually copy my character and inventory to the pc platform (test server only though). And anything I got on the test server would NOT transfer back to live. I just thought it would be a good idea here. Otherwise there is no reason for a console player to even come over to pc at all.
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited August 2017

I didn't mean from Playstation 4 to Xbone but more like Playstation to PC or Xbone to PC. As for not allowing it. I Know for a fact that it is possible because I've had it done on another game from playstation to pc. A dev had to manually copy my character and inventory to the pc platform (test server only though). And anything I got on the test server would NOT transfer back to live. I just thought it would be a good idea here. Otherwise there is no reason for a console player to even come over to pc at all.

For cryptic, there is no reason to convert a console player to pc at all. Console is where the money is.
    In addition, there are inventory items that are only available in console but not in PC.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***