test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Old elemental seal gear gone?

bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
It's been a while since I wrote here, so please forgive me if I just haven't searched hard enough. That being said, I noticed that with the latest Mod, the old elemental gear is no longer available. I do see that you can get generic blue gear boxes from the adventurer seals merchant. Is there a way to get something comparable to that old elemental gear, or is it basically just generic blues until you can get some of the other campaign equipment?

Thanks for reading!
<::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
"Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
Official NW_Legit_Community Forums

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Adventurer seals will just give random rare gear.

League gear (search AH) would be the beginner-est new stuff for 70s. It's all pretty new. People are just starting to adapt.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User

League gear (search AH) would be the beginner-est new stuff for 70s. It's all pretty new. People are just starting to adapt.

Thanks for the reply! How does one go about acquiring the "league gear" in-game, besides from the AH? Thanks again!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    bioshrike said:

Thanks for the reply! How does one go about acquiring the "league gear" in-game, besides from the AH? Thanks again!
    League gear is available form the AD vender in Chult. ALso, the old seal gear drops from bosses (rarely) in T2 dungeons.

Edit... I have not got any drops since the new mods. But, I assume the elven etc. gear drops are the epic elemental versions. the blue starter sets may be gone. Also, you can get a 420 (blue)set of gear from the guild SH.

bioshrike said:

League gear is available form the AD vender in Chult. ALso, the old seal gear drops from bosses (rarely) in T2 dungeons.

Gotcha. TYVM!
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    bioshrike said:

There are three other ways:
    • Go fishing. There seems to be around a 5% chance of you "catching" a piece of league gear instead of fish. I have caught a few pieces - just got a nice foot piece for OP yesterday and sent it to my low-level OP, where it will be waiting until he reaches level 70.
    • Buy them (not recommended). There is a vendor in Chult that just sells them for AD. Note that many people will sell the pieces they catch (as they are for a random class), so the AH prices should always be lower than the vendor prices.
    • Craft them. There is a vendor in Chult that sell recipes for 2000 Chult Riches per profession. You can then make the league gear basically for free, as the materials required are just those you pick up while playing. Note that you need rank 25 in the profession though.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    bioshrike said:

It's been a while since I wrote here, so please forgive me if I just haven't searched hard enough. That being said, I noticed that with the latest Mod, the old elemental gear is no longer available. I do see that you can get generic blue gear boxes from the adventurer seals merchant. Is there a way to get something comparable to that old elemental gear, or is it basically just generic blues until you can get some of the other campaign equipment?

Thanks for reading!

Have you seen the company gear from the stronghold? That's pretty cheap selling for guild marks and a 420 rating.

bioshrike said:

Thanks for reading!

Have you seen the company gear from the stronghold? That's pretty cheap selling for guild marks and a 420 rating.

I'll have to check for those... Do they use regular guild marks, or some other currency? Thanks again.
  • zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    > @bioshrike said:
    > It's been a while since I wrote here, so please forgive me if I just haven't searched hard enough. That being said, I noticed that with the latest Mod, the old elemental gear is no longer available. I do see that you can get generic blue gear boxes from the adventurer seals merchant. Is there a way to get something comparable to that old elemental gear, or is it basically just generic blues until you can get some of the other campaign equipment?
    >
    > Thanks for reading!
    >
    > Have you seen the company gear from the stronghold? That's pretty cheap selling for guild marks and a 420 rating.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I'll have to check for those... Do they use regular guild marks, or some other currency? Thanks again.

Regular guild marks. 6000 for the chest, 4000 for the head, arms, and feet.
    Thanks!
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2017
    Great tips here everyone, thanks! I too need to seriously upgrade my equipment and the tips here will help a lot. I just wish I didn't have to re-transmute everything... I cannot stand playing my characters if they don't look like how I envision them looking in their lore. Really wish for a true wardrobe system. Each of my characters have a distinct look that's I've worked on obtaining, some for many months or years. I won't play them if I cannot keep the look I've worked so long and hard to attain and maintain. Transmuting every mod is very taxing.
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    the transmuting cost is a very complicated subject. You can transmute your new gear with the old gear but when it comes to artifact equipment it would cost you all the RP value of that old gear not just its salvage value. Something need to be done to resolve that. Also the good transmutes should be brought back to the game, i need my old DC mainhand with the hanging skulls back and the belt with the 3 faces on it.... outside of that dc gear all looks like poo
  • playasinnombreplayasinnombre Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    adinosii said:

bioshrike said:

There are three other ways:
    • Go fishing. There seems to be around a 5% chance of you "catching" a piece of league gear instead of fish. I have caught a few pieces - just got a nice foot piece for OP yesterday and sent it to my low-level OP, where it will be waiting until he reaches level 70.
    • Buy them (not recommended). There is a vendor in Chult that just sells them for AD. Note that many people will sell the pieces they catch (as they are for a random class), so the AH prices should always be lower than the vendor prices.
    • Craft them. There is a vendor in Chult that sell recipes for 2000 Chult Riches per profession. You can then make the league gear basically for free, as the materials required are just those you pick up while playing. Note that you need rank 25 in the profession though.
    Except for the feet & rings, which I gather drop from fishing... the prices are not much better on AH. 40k - 100k for non feet pieces. The vendor sells from 43k- 57k.
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

the transmuting cost is a very complicated subject. You can transmute your new gear with the old gear but when it comes to artifact equipment it would cost you all the RP value of that old gear not just its salvage value. Something need to be done to resolve that. Also the good transmutes should be brought back to the game, i need my old DC mainhand with the hanging skulls back and the belt with the 3 faces on it.... outside of that dc gear all looks like poo

^ This, got my Twisted Legendary mainhand transmuted to a Reaver's Edge, and since that sword is hilariously expensive these days, that's a lot of RP going to waste in a transmute :(
    So it appears they just replaced the old guild gear with the new stuff, so that's pretty cool. As for fishing - I found the guy selling lures in the Chult city, and there's 2 scientists standing near him that mention some place you can fish, but is there anything in game that directs you as to where you should go? You guys are all a wealth of information, but it irks me that this stuff isn't doled out in-game...
    > @bioshrike said:
    > So it appears they just replaced the old guild gear with the new stuff, so that's pretty cool. As for fishing - I found the guy selling lures in the Chult city, and there's 2 scientists standing near him that mention some place you can fish, but is there anything in game that directs you as to where you should go? You guys are all a wealth of information, but it irks me that this stuff isn't doled out in-game...

What the scientists say is that most fishermen there fish in the sea because it's safer. You are an adventurer though and won't be going back to sea until you solve the death plague problem. Also you aren't adverse to risk. So you fish in the Soshenstar River. You will need a sea of moving ice kayak if you don't already have one.

https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Soshenstar_River
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2017

> @bioshrike said:

> So it appears they just replaced the old guild gear with the new stuff, so that's pretty cool. As for fishing - I found the guy selling lures in the Chult city, and there's 2 scientists standing near him that mention some place you can fish, but is there anything in game that directs you as to where you should go? You guys are all a wealth of information, but it irks me that this stuff isn't doled out in-game...

What the scientists say is that most fishermen there fish in the sea because it's safer. You are an adventurer though and won't be going back to sea until you solve the death plague problem. Also you aren't adverse to risk. So you fish in the Soshenstar River. You will need a sea of moving ice kayak if you don't already have one.

https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Soshenstar_River

Aye, this. I went fishing for a while last night there in the river. Be warned, if your IL is not up to par for the zone, getting there and back can be dangerous but once out on the kayak, it is safe. I used my VIP signpost to return to the city when I needed to. I don't know if you can fish up anything dangerous but I fished 30 lures and caught three different types of fish. Just bought several hundred lures to go out again today.

So, what rank is the catch when you catch a piece of equipment? All I got on my reel was rank 1-3 fishing casts.

> @zebular said:
    > > @bioshrike said:
    >
    > > So it appears they just replaced the old guild gear with the new stuff, so that's pretty cool. As for fishing - I found the guy selling lures in the Chult city, and there's 2 scientists standing near him that mention some place you can fish, but is there anything in game that directs you as to where you should go? You guys are all a wealth of information, but it irks me that this stuff isn't doled out in-game...
    >
    >
    >
    > What the scientists say is that most fishermen there fish in the sea because it's safer. You are an adventurer though and won't be going back to sea until you solve the death plague problem. Also you aren't adverse to risk. So you fish in the Soshenstar River. You will need a sea of moving ice kayak if you don't already have one.
    >
    >
    >
    > https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Soshenstar_River
    >
    > Aye, this. I went fishing for a while last night there in the river. Be warned, if your IL is not up to par for the zone, getting there and back can be dangerous but once out on the kayak, it is safe. I used my VIP signpost to return to the city when I needed to. I don't know if you can fish up anything dangerous but I fished 30 lures and caught three different types of fish. Just bought several hundred lures to go out again today.
    >
    > So, what rank is the catch when you catch a piece of equipment? All I got on my reel was rank 1-3 fishing casts.

Rank 0. It shows a "-" in the circle for the number and had a gray fishing progress bar. It seems to only be boots you can pull as far as equipment. You can also pull the new crafting materials and T-Rex fangs.