test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Top 10 Guilds and Alliances?

In your opinion who are the top 10 or so Guilds and Alliances to be in and why ?

Comments

• gloomx72gloomx72 Member Posts: 16 Arc User

well I have to put a word in for the imaginary friends. (and when I say I have to I mean I'll be whipped if I don't. cat'o'nine. the scars are a fright! and the little demons that come out to eat the skin off your toes. ugh.. I'm told they are both imaginary and our friends but yeah.. their teeth! omg)

it's the best guild because our glorious leader says it is and if we disagree we'll be dunked in the bog with rosettes made of cow dung stuffed into our nostrils. So I agree.. it's the best. I don't want to be bog butter today.

we are fed once every three days if we are hungry or not. Only the best rations of bread and water, that other stuff is bad for you so it's in our best interests not to eat it.

the work day is only 20 hours long with an hour off on Fridays.

it's a great place... nearly the entire forum is indoctrinated, um, I mean a member. (they're listening.. they're watching... summoning the "friends") so really it's the best.

(help me.........)

Omg thats too funny! LMAO
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Ok I suggest to anyone looking for a guild or alliance to do your homework. Read many of the threads here in this section and seek out their guild rules on their web site to see if the guild mirrors what you are looking for. Especially if you are looking for more than just party members but a community feel.

If alliances also peek your interest than ask to speak to a guild leader and/or a few officers if you'd like to delve deeper! Just do not give up -- and dont rely on others' opinions alone, especially in "best of" threads like this. What works for someone else holds no guarantees it will work for yourself. Do your own homework and trust your instincts! :)

Good fortune on finding the experiences you are seeking!
    Post edited by aandrethegiant on

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User

we are fed once every three days if we are hungry or not. Only the best rations of bread and water, that other stuff is bad for you so it's in our best interests not to eat it. .

Hahaha!

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • neverwinterdevilneverwinterdevil Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 74 Arc User
    Corrupted on top tbh, don't know about the other 9...
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

it's the best guild because our glorious leader says it is and if we disagree we'll be dunked in the bog with rosettes made of cow dung stuffed into our nostrils. So I agree.. it's the best. I don't want to be bog butter today.

So you're fitting in well, I see. That's... good.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    The question about which alliances are "best" is more than a bit loaded because 10 alliances is 130 guilds, assuming all are full, which they may not be. Guilds change alliances, occasionally without harsh feelings, but more likely because of some negative occurrence(s), and we can't publicly talk about those circumstances. On the other hand, sometimes it's just something akin to upward mobility.

Even people who'd kind of like to talk smack about their ex-alliance are making a bad political move if they do, because it's a small world. In the world of NWPC, 10 alliances* likely accounts for something like 80% of players that primarily communicate in English. While there are easily thousands of guilds, many of them are small and forming an alliance with other small guilds is still going to be a struggle. Players looking to get somewhere are likely to gravitate to a more established guild if they can hook up with the ones that don't have any/many requirements.

There are French and Italian alliances that I know of, and probably others, which are tops for anyone most comfortable in their native language looking for many others they can easily communicate with. But they'd obviously be a poor fit for anyone else.

*As I was writing this, I thought about the NWLC network of alliances. I believe there are 4 of them, but I'm not sure it's fair to actually count that as 4 separate entities, since they're organized that way to get around the size limit.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

*As I was writing this, I thought about the NWLC network of alliances. I believe there are 4 of them, but I'm not sure it's fair to actually count that as 4 separate entities, since they're organized that way to get around the size limit.

Afaik, 3, but because of the inclusive nature in regards of guild size, I think (only from what I know/ hear from outside, I don't have any actual numbers and not part of the alliances) that all together are are the same size / on par with other active alliances. And it's commendable to try to provide even smaller guilds an opportunity by shuffling and creating an active alliance for them.
  • muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

Afaik, 3, but because of the inclusive nature in regards of guild size, I think (only from what I know/ hear from outside, I don't have any actual numbers and not part of the alliances) that all together are are the same size / on par with other active alliances. And it's commendable to try to provide even smaller guilds an opportunity by shuffling and creating an active alliance for them.
    Yeah we try to shuffle guilds between alliances so the lowest tier is usually around rank 5 - 10 in NWLC Alpha, Tier 2 around 15. But guilds are leaving alliance (usually to make another one) too. Unfortunately in most cases they're doing it silently without consulting anyone. And it's small world so it always baffle me why someone opt to have 5 alliances with top guild in let's say rank 17 rather than one alliance with 5 rank 17.

For the top guild - since I use at least three languages that are often used in NW I've noticed that some native alliances are as big a english ones. Even more - their members almost never use popular english private channels / forums so there is whole big world of BiS guilds / players unknown for those who are not using their language (kinda sad for them actually, play the english based game and don't use english at all lol). It makes harder to actually rank guilds in Neverwinter.
  • muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User

Strawberry Yakuza Alliance for no drama/ drama that gets nipped in the butt quick, great friendly players large alliance 161 rank not top of the top but wow the drama is 0 level here its amazing!!!

I have like 50/50 chance to meet someone from Yakuza while trying to actually pug something (through public queue) and it's always some beast. Makes me wonder if it's my amazing luck or they actually just pug the whole day to help the others lol (since they're usually the only BiS in party - pug world).
  • jmiller84jmiller84 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 188 Arc User
    It really all comes down to what you're looking for in the game. Do you want to just relax, run some dungeons and have some laughs, then you've gotta find like-minded people. For that it really doesn't matter the size of the guild, but can take time to find those you mesh with. If you're looking to run end-game content at a good pace, you'll want to join a larger guild in a large alliance. But sometimes those larger guilds can be more difficult to get into because they have expectations of players from a damage perspective and a knowledge of your class and mechanics of the game.
    HR: Vretzen
    GWF: Vretzina
    OP: Vee
    DC: Evee
    CW: nezterV

Leader - Valaraukari Ascension