test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rothe Valley, quests bugged or deliberately annoying?

mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
Late yesterday I sent a toon to Rothe Valley on the Common Cause quest from Harper B.
I picked up the Venfithar and Freedom pass quests, went to the slave camp and sorted Ohmertz out, but had to leave the game before I could get down to business with the Dragon and the slaves.
Returned this morning to finish it off, only to find that I can't lead the slaves to freedom. They're all still sitting there, cowering, but I can't talk to them. I know Thar Greenbough is more interested in Bottled Lightning today, but the slaves are still there. So I can't complete Common Cause today, because I completed Culling the Cultists yesterday, without claiming it, (was waiting to finish the rest of CC) so I can't get the quest again if I abandon Common Cause and go to Harper B again to get today's variation.

Is this peculiar set up the same for all the Common Cause quests? If so, is it a bug/oversight, or a deliberate thing?

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2017
    IIRC, Common Cause needs to be completed the day it is collected. If you're unable to complete it before daily quest reset, one should abandon it. I think the only way you can do another one is if you abandon the one you have now and wait till the next daily reset to pick it up again. In other words, yesterday's and today's are a loss. I'm not sure if its meant to be this way, a product of how the revolving quests with it works, or if it is a gameplay bug. In any case, it's been like this for as long as I can recall the quest existing on every platform.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,090 Arc User
    Had you talked to Thar and got the actual quests you'd have been good. Common Cause and the sub-quests alter daily.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    Thanks. I'll know to claim culling the cultists before leaving the game if I get caught mid common cause in future.
    Hmmm.... if I abandon a completed quest like CtC, which I got the previous day, would it renew???

I'll give that a try...