test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

All I want for Xmas is a +5 Brutality...

jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
It time to beg again, please give us some way of obtaining the +5s we want, demogorgon has given me literally every other orange ring he has in his pockets, but is still playing coy with the one I actually want, and have wanted since mod 9 came out...
No idea what my toon is now.

Comments

• wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

It time to beg again, please give us some way of obtaining the +5s we want, demogorgon has given me literally every other orange ring he has in his pockets, but is still playing coy with the one I actually want, and have wanted since mod 9 came out...

Never beg... never beg!

• artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    I agree the drop-rate for these rings is silly.

The same goes for the companion gear from Illusionist's Gambit. One could do 2 IG a day for 2 years without getting the right gear for his companion.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Pray the RNG Goddess blesses you, because she is one stingy *****.

I wouldn't mind an exchange store of sorts in Underdark/Maze Engine (same for Ostorian Rings in Bryn Shander or something). The chances of that happening are very slim.

• spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    1238 ( yes...i counted them) e Demo runs = no +5 brutality ring.
    This is what i got for her majesty the RNG goddess: ..I..

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Such a genius idea the devs came up with to get people to run stuff ad nauseam.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Or an exchange stall you can build in strongholds. Or a flat amount of AD like upgrading pets from purple to orange. Or a refining process, or a masterwork recipe, or a visit from the holy spaghetti monster.

Anything. I am so insanely bored of running demogorgon. And IG for that matter. End game gear should be about choices, builds and trade-offs, with grinds and reasonably predictable endpoints. Not about "hmm well, I've got everything I want, EXCEPT FOR THE INSANE RNG-GATED GEAR THAT HASN'T DROPPED IN YEARS OF RUNS."
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    I've only been on pc for like, 2 weeks and 1 week of being able to do dungeons.. but I'm struck with how bad the rng is in general. I haven't gotten a single thing of any note. not even a green companion worth 200 ad. with the prices of legendary keys on the pc. it's realllly really not worth it to get the leg keys.. the only way I can reconcile this with my xbox experience is that I am much higher dps on xbox. is rng somehow tied to how much dps you're doing or threat in the instance of dcs and what not how high ranking you are in other words? either that or the rng on pc is WAYYYY worse than console.

edit: as always after talking hamster about the neverwinter gods they decided to bestow a few small blessings upon me so I'll shup. so yeah.
    Post edited by thefiresidecat on

I've only been on pc for like, 2 weeks and 1 week of being able to do dungeons.. but I'm struck with how bad the rng is in general. I haven't gotten a single thing of any note. not even a green companion worth 200 ad. with the prices of legendary keys on the pc. it's realllly really not worth it to get the leg keys.. the only way I can reconcile this with my xbox experience is that I am much higher dps on xbox. is rng somehow tied to how much dps you're doing or threat in the instance of dcs and what not how high ranking you are in other words? either that or the rng on pc is WAYYYY worse than console.

edit: as always after talking hamster about the neverwinter gods they decided to bestow a few small blessings upon me so I'll shup. so yeah.

Yeah, DPS is tied to RNG.
  • kamehameha069#8658 kamehameha069 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    On back to back master demo runs it gave me a Brutality +3 and Brutality +4. :neutral:
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Not the same. Though, to be honest, I've never had a +4 brutality, either.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited July 2017

No, it isn't : \
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • cyencecyence Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 99 Arc User
    spideymt said:

1238 ( yes...i counted them) e Demo runs = no +5 brutality ring.
    This is what i got for her majesty the RNG goddess: ..I..

I got +5 brutality first run. I thought everyone got them...

urabask said:

Your assertion, made without any proof, is equally valid to my own. At least my opinion is based on experience, mine & others that have posted that as their DPS has improved, so has their drop rate.

I am not sure if it is even that desireable anymore. It certainly is not as useful as it once was.

Once your runs have hit the 4 digit mark... I'm not sure the value of the item is still the point. It's the principle of the thing.

• agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User

urabask said:

Your assertion, made without any proof, is equally valid to my own. At least my opinion is based on experience, mine & others that have posted that as their DPS has improved, so has their drop rate.
    This is just plain wrong. I'm always on the top 2 dmg dealt on demo/edemo, i got 1 +5 ring on more than 1k runs. The droprate is just abysmal, doesn't matter if you're top dps or support.
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited July 2017

I regulary are number 1 at DPS. Still have no +5 ring from edemo. Thats the reason why i dont run this hamster thing anymore.
    My opinion comes from this huge number of runs, im almost everytime at number 1 at dps ( too in ACT btw), but i never got one +5 ring.

• artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    There's a margin between not winning in one day and failing every try for a whole year.

I've never gotten any +5 ring myself, not even one of the 10+ types I wouldn't want to use anyway.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Its pure luck. I got a +5 ring after less than 20 ToDG runs. I have run a TOTAL of less than 100 ToDGs and I have had 2 of those Brigantine Chest Pieces drop - I actually salvaged the second one as I will never level up an Alt in such a RNG ridiculous game.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    I started running ToDGs this weekend for the brigantine chest piece. What a reminder how boring these skirmishes are. Luckily, I got the chest piece in about 5 runs. Now I'm doing PoM for the shroud. Even more boring. Hope my luck holds out.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Damage doesn't matter, I've been top of the paingiver and got zip, 3rd or 4th if I lag, and gotten wraps and an orange ring of uselessness.

Sure I guess a +5 Brutality isn't as useful as it used to be, but I need another offence slot way more than I need 2.2k hitpoints. And orange etc. Such a nicer color that purple. The 4k power is nice for trash clearing as well, if you are running ahead and don't have D.C. or whatever buffs.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    RNG is RNG... I've run as DPS and support, pulled probably 10 orange rings in 1500 runs. Everyone has their own idea on how it works, truth is none of us know!

I refine in blacklake because RNG is better to me there than everywhere else! Does it make a difference? To me yes, to you, you might laugh at me for it...

DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU!!! If what your doing now doesn't work, try something different! I ran always one of the top DPS on my warlock yet I pulled my +5 Brutality while running my GF as a buffer.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    reg1981 said:

RNG is RNG... I've run as DPS and support, pulled probably 10 orange rings in 1500 runs. Everyone has their own idea on how it works, truth is none of us know!

I refine in blacklake because RNG is better to me there than everywhere else! Does it make a difference? To me yes, to you, you might laugh at me for it...

DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU!!! If what your doing now doesn't work, try something different! I ran always one of the top DPS on my warlock yet I pulled my +5 Brutality while running my GF as a buffer.

The devs have said that it isn't tied to the amount of damage you deal. Then the same people claim that it is based on anecdotes. This same circle jerk has been happening for years.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    you should be focusing on the fbi orange rings, underdark orange rings are outdated