test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Chult Rewards

Comments

• nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited July 2017

Bug ?

Both the CW shoes (raid and assault) have recovery as the main stat, I'm fairly certain the CW raid shoes should have crit instead of recovery.

https://i.imgur.com/O738jqD.png

Warlocks have a similar "problem", most armor pieces now give Recovery instead of preferrable stats like Power, Critical and/or Armor Penetration.

Anyway, what would be amazing would be an NPC on preview which gives unlocks the new dungeon and also gives the new seals so we could test how to rebalance our equipment for the new content adventures.

• fester69trollfester69troll Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Fishing Soshenstar.

I bought two types of bait, 100 pieces each.

The results of fish exchange for the company's currency
    - white quality - 432 Treasures Chult
    - green quality - 384 Treasures Chult

Price. White 15 AD Green 85 AD

Nothing is confused?

Bug?
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    @terramak @nitocris83 @mimicking#6533 @ctatumdev#6113

The NEW DUNGEON TOMB OF THE NINE GODS drops BOA loot and rank 5s in the end chest.
    Do u really want to make a NEW ENDGAME DUGNEON with Loot WORSE THEN EPIC TEMPLE OF SPIDER??????
  • dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    BOA loot in two of the hardest dungeons wow! Defeats the point of new content if no one runs it because the loot sucks and it's bound. That dungeon loot change is working out in our favor, more bound loot we can't sell.
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
  • dominious12dominious12 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    I tried my hand at fishing today, and to be brutally honest I don't understand why it was included. Fishing using bait bought with chultan riches results in a loss, as only 1 of the fish I was able to catch sold for as much as the bait cost, overall buying leatherjackets results in you getting back 40% of the riches you spent. Buying glow worms results in a return of about 2.5%. Currently the only reason I can see for fishing is if you really enjoy the fishing minigame, or you want a way to convert AD in to chultan treasures. Strangely, the higher quality bait also allows you to catch a lower value fish than leather jackets, which seems to defeat the purpose of the bait. Overall I'm very confused about the fishing in Chult.

The fishmonger in Port Nyanzaru only sells bait 1 piece at a time, please add the ability to buy multiples.

After filling the progress bar while fishing about 10% of the time you don't actually land the fish, instead the progress bar resets to nothing, and none of the Q E R buttons light up, meaning it's impossible to reel the fish.
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer

I tried my hand at fishing today, and to be brutally honest I don't understand why it was included. Fishing using bait bought with chultan riches results in a loss, as only 1 of the fish I was able to catch sold for as much as the bait cost, overall buying leatherjackets results in you getting back 40% of the riches you spent. Buying glow worms results in a return of about 2.5%. Currently the only reason I can see for fishing is if you really enjoy the fishing minigame, or you want a way to convert AD in to chultan treasures. Strangely, the higher quality bait also allows you to catch a lower value fish than leather jackets, which seems to defeat the purpose of the bait. Overall I'm very confused about the fishing in Chult.

The fishmonger in Port Nyanzaru only sells bait 1 piece at a time, please add the ability to buy multiples.

After filling the progress bar while fishing about 10% of the time you don't actually land the fish, instead the progress bar resets to nothing, and none of the Q E R buttons light up, meaning it's impossible to reel the fish.

Thank you for the feedback! Internally you can now buy bait using a slider. Additionally, we isolated the bug you pointed out where you would become stuck in a broken fishing state and are working on resolving it. In regards to the cost of bait vs. the payout of fish, we are still balancing these numbers and assure you that it will be an increase in Chultan riches when you fish. Though of course, spending AD will continue to be the best way to earn riches via fishing.

We've also added a chance to get certain items that may be obtainable in other ways through fishing in Soshenstar. However, you correctly pointed out that this was mostly included for those players that enjoy the fishing gameplay. The first time we introduced fishing we wanted everyone to try it, but this time we've kept fishing as an alternate way to obtain campaign currency and a few other items.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Please make rewards for the new dungeon at least comparable to fbi, I stopped bothering with spellplague simply because of the terrible loot table.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    @asterdahl

If you are going to keep disregarding the feedback (no doubt you'll keep doing it) about the terrible loot of the new dungeon (much like it is on msp) that also happens to be bound at least can you have the decency of telling us why do you think a rank 5 enchanment is a good reward for the harder and much longer new content?
  • fester69trollfester69troll Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

Thank you for the feedback! Internally you can now buy bait using a slider. Additionally, we isolated the bug you pointed out where you would become stuck in a broken fishing state and are working on resolving it. In regards to the cost of bait vs. the payout of fish, we are still balancing these numbers and assure you that it will be an increase in Chultan riches when you fish. Though of course, spending AD will continue to be the best way to earn riches via fishing.

We've also added a chance to get certain items that may be obtainable in other ways through fishing in Soshenstar. However, you correctly pointed out that this was mostly included for those players that enjoy the fishing gameplay. The first time we introduced fishing we wanted everyone to try it, but this time we've kept fishing as an alternate way to obtain campaign currency and a few other items.
    Where to catch? In the river Soshenstar is not found.

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    It appears we are back to the old tactic of "if the comments do not agree with our approach we are going to stop participating in the conversation".

@mimicking#6533 it would be nice if your team replied, even if it's with a negative. We'd rather be told "the system fits our goals so won't be changing" than meet with silence.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    @ctatumdev#6113 @mimicking#6533 maybe it's a bit too late for this but if in the future you decide to make more "secret equipment" super difficult to get please let it available for trying on preview so we can determine what it does (in this module case dps and surviviallity of summoned minions) and not have to spend days looking for info on it (like draconic loyalist visage was or zulkir's dreadnaught), in the current preview build the items are :

Gravemaster's Blinder;
    Batiri shaman mask;
    Ring of the curse bringer;
    Boots of the alpha;

• hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

How I see the loot discussion going right now:

The irony.

The dev that posted this thread on the feedback of the new campaign rewards has the exact same profile picture.

• gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    asterdahl said:

Thank you all for your continued feedback on rewards. I apologize that it's taken this long to respond in regards to rewards for the dungeon. Obviously this is a topic a lot of you are concerned about, so I refrained from responding until we had decided on any potential adjustments.

We've looked at the rewards for Tomb of the Nine Gods and made the following adjustments for the upcoming release:

• Ras Nsi now has a chance of dropping a rank 8 enchantment or runestone.
    • You will now be able to choose between which stat arrangement you receive when obtaining a piece of huntsman's equipment from a chest at the end of Tomb of the Nine Gods.
    • It is now possible to earn Bracers of Defense from either chest at the end of Tomb of the Nine Gods.
    • The overall chance of receiving an enchantment or runestone has been adjusted. In addition, it is no longer possible to receive an enchantment or runestone below rank 8.
    • Additional refinement items have been added to the campaign chest at the end of the Tomb of the Nine Gods.
    Overall the rewards received at the end of Tomb of the Nine Gods should look more similar to those earned at the end of Fangbreaker Island, with the primary difference continuing to be that while there is no chance to receive more than one piece of equipment from the final chests, both chests will have a 100% chance of granting equipment.

Please keep in mind that in terms of pure astral diamond and refinement earn rates, rewards are balanced around farming run times, not the run times players will have at the launch of new content. There is also no concept of "this dungeon is twice as hard, so it pays out twice as many rewards." Difficulty is relative to your equipment and will change over time. We are not aiming to continually inflate the economy with the introduction of new dungeons.

However, we do understand that there is a desire for those who can tackle the game's hardest content to receive some sort of continual advantage aside from having access to the best equipment. We also understand there's a desire to have a reason to continue to revisit these hard dungeons even after receiving all of the items you need from them.

Although we are not ready to start talking about changes in this area yet—as they won't be coming with the launch of Module 12—we are working on big improvements in this area. In the meantime, please continue to send your feedback.

Well I guess I sit this one out too. Starting to get a bit boring tho. Fangbreaker Island and Spellplague both had terrible rewards based on time spent in them. Only did them both like 5-6 times in total. Also ofc, SP was the biggest fail so far in the game since you cant even run it without the huge epic monster lag during the whole dungeon. Hopefully that wont happen in this new one.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User

99% sure that it's not a bug, gear pieces having different stats happened many times.

If the shoes meant to be a niche way to get AP burst, it's kind of okay. The bonus sounds great, but recovering the loss of more than 1k crit is awkward (from relic/manticore shoe). Even if it's meant to be done for the bonus, I suggest the power+reco one to be crit+reco, which has the similar strength, but can reach the crit requirement more comfortably.

If it meant to give good stats too, then at least make the crit/ArP the dominant and recovery secondary. I don't want it to give optimal stats (crit+power) and it's great effect, but a crit+ArP option would be nicer if I can be that greedy.

Edit: Picture is updated with the new name and additinal sass :D

WTF. Who makes these stats up? HAHAHA omg so bad. Where is the LS? Power? Crit? Even if they do fix the loot and I get these, I wouldnt want it.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Those were from before they adjusted the stats on the primal armors. Before they adjusted it, the OP and GF armors both had regeneration on them, now they do not, replaced by crit I think. One set of CW armor is heavy crit and power, the other is heavy arpen and recovery, I believe now. I have only a DC on preview, so I looked at the CW armors but not for that long.

None of the armors from the mod have any other defensive stat other than defense, and deflect on OP and GF armors. I think that is going to be the new norm for all armors going forward.

Now will the new ilevel 500 armors be better for most builds than the ilevel 450-480 relic armors, time will tell.
  • theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User

99% sure that it's not a bug, gear pieces having different stats happened many times.

If the shoes meant to be a niche way to get AP burst, it's kind of okay. The bonus sounds great, but recovering the loss of more than 1k crit is awkward (from relic/manticore shoe). Even if it's meant to be done for the bonus, I suggest the power+reco one to be crit+reco, which has the similar strength, but can reach the crit requirement more comfortably.

If it meant to give good stats too, then at least make the crit/ArP the dominant and recovery secondary. I don't want it to give optimal stats (crit+power) and it's great effect, but a crit+ArP option would be nicer if I can be that greedy.

Edit: Picture is updated with the new name and additinal sass :D

WTF. Who makes these stats up? HAHAHA omg so bad. Where is the LS? Power? Crit? Even if they do fix the loot and I get these, I wouldnt want it.

Good news, as @rickcase276 mentioned it, they changed it's stats. Now it has crit/ArP as main and Reco as secondary. And I'm really happy about it, so thanks @asterdahl.
  • muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

Ras Nsi now has a chance of dropping a rank 8 enchantment or runestone.
    You will now be able to choose between which stat arrangement you receive when obtaining a piece of huntsman's equipment from a chest at the end of Tomb of the Nine Gods.
    The overall chance of receiving an enchantment or runestone has been adjusted. In addition, it is no longer possible to receive an enchantment or runestone below rank 8.

Although we are not ready to start talking about changes in this area yet—as they won't be coming with the launch of Module 12—we are working on big improvements in this area. In the meantime, please continue to send your feedback.
    Yay for rank 8s. This way if I decide to run this dungeon (not that I'm ready but I'm close to it) I will be sure that in worst case scenario I will not get worse rewards than by running etos multiple times.

And thanks for removing RNG from farming huntsman equipment (so 100% chance for a piece and you can select stats arrangement).

As for the last part - any more hints? or ETA. I'm bit curious now.

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

Thank you all for your continued feedback on rewards. I apologize that it's taken this long to respond in regards to rewards for the dungeon. Obviously this is a topic a lot of you are concerned about, so I refrained from responding until we had decided on any potential adjustments.

We've looked at the rewards for Tomb of the Nine Gods and made the following adjustments for the upcoming release:

• Ras Nsi now has a chance of dropping a rank 8 enchantment or runestone.
    • You will now be able to choose between which stat arrangement you receive when obtaining a piece of huntsman's equipment from a chest at the end of Tomb of the Nine Gods.
    • It is now possible to earn Bracers of Defense from either chest at the end of Tomb of the Nine Gods.
    • The overall chance of receiving an enchantment or runestone has been adjusted. In addition, it is no longer possible to receive an enchantment or runestone below rank 8.
    • Additional refinement items have been added to the campaign chest at the end of the Tomb of the Nine Gods.
    Sounds good. Thanks for the response. I think most players agree that there has to be some correlation between the time/gear/skill a dungeon run requires and the final rewards - otherwise there is little motivation to run the hardest or most time-consuming content.

I think those changes were pretty much what we were hoping for.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Great news, thnx very much.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Has anyone who has been in Preview recently checked the Protector Seal items? I've heard that they are still BtC. If that goes live it will be a bit of a QoL downgrade for those of us with alts.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    @asterdahl

Well done with loot changes, sir, hopefully you'll keep that in mind when designing new content.

Now as many of us have mentioned, Ostorian rings need to be BtA, please take a look at that. If you can make them available for purple seals in protector's enclave that would be a huge qol improvement, also, you may want to put Ostorian tales and legendary marks there too, we all here can agree SKT already ran its course and for the playerbase's sake we need our much lower geared brethen to get what they need as it is extremely difficult for them to get into just 1 MSVA let alone farming it.