test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Tomb of the Nine Gods

asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
Greetings adventurers, this thread is for providing bug reports and feedback on the following topic:
  • Tomb of the Nine Gods
Currently there are no test packages available that unlock the Tomb of the Nine Gods, however, we will be including those in a future build, so please bear with us.

If you are providing feedback about difficulty, please tell us a little about your character and your party, the more information the better, but at the very least your class, paragon path, feat tree and item level would be appreciated, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

<font color=cyan>This text will display in cyan.</font> <font color=red>This text will display in red.</font>

Examples:
Bug: My group was in the middle of a trap and suddenly we couldn't interact with the objects anymore, and it stopped us from progressing!

Feedback: We destroyed the first boss, our group was in the 13k-14k range, GF,DC,DC,GWF,CW. I was playing an MoF CW and barely ever felt like I was in danger.

Thank you for taking the time to check out the preview build, and thank you for taking the time to hop on the forums and give us your feedback.

Comments

• ctf4voidctf4void Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Feedback:I was pleasantly surprised to see that the dungeon is not a copy+paste job. I had feared it would be a modified copy of the still missing Pirate King dungeon.
    However, when I saw the first boss, this changed. Orcus, even though he learned new tricks does in no way fit into the dungeon, or for that matter into the chult theme. We already had such a letdown when the once grand CN was gutted and filled with demons. If there is still any chance to change it, remove Orcus! He has no place in that dungeon. Come up with something that fits the theme of mod12. While we are at it: Why the heck are Thayans in Soshenstar River? Thay is far, far away, and they don't fit the theme either

Bug:Some of the control powers of the mobs in ToNG, charm for example ignore the CC-immunity of GF's "Villain's Menace". My reluctance to post at this forum prevented me from posting this earlier, since it is only a nuisance in Soshenstar River, but in the new dungeon, it is infuriating! I have heard that GWFs have the same trouble with unstoppable.

Bug:Since module 6 "Steel Defense" doesn't work correctly, and in end-game dungeons like ToNG this is once again a problem that exceeds my forum-reluctance-threshold (it's very hard to surmount it), so I post it here:
    When triggering a daily while having steel defense slotted, the GF will not immediately become immune to damage, but will be vulnerable for a brief moment until the damage immunity kicks in. This has nothing to do with the animation-time of the daily, because you can still get killed even though your AP got taken. I don't buy explanations like "Oh, this is just because of your ping, the signal needs some time to travel". Either I got killed before the daily got activated and I keep my AP, or I am immune to damage and my AP got spent, but getting killed AND losing my AP is unacceptable.
    The impact of this Bug was very visible in mod6 when mobs where one-shoting all over the place. I died countless times due to the failure of steel defense kicking in. This has been going on for six Modules, and needs to get fixed.

Bug:The debuffs one acquires from activating the gate for the first boss can be circumvented: during the 5 seconds that the party needs to stay in the purple circle to enter the boss room, a player with a debuff simply kills himself via gm-help, respawns (without the debuff) and joines the party in the circle again. Not a single party member has to enter the bossfight with one of the debuffs.
    Maybe I am missing something here, and the usefull effects of these strange debuffs are actually vital in the bossfight (I was only with 1 other player at Orcus and we didn't kill Orcus). But if that is not the case, many players will simply get rid of the debuff as described. The somewhat decent players will just ignore the debuff though because they don't care, others will not want to lose their normal buffs which can get canceled by death.

edit: clarification and fixing typos
  • wintermurlocwintermurloc Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    @ctf4void , how did you unlock the dungeon? Is it open for all ? I have not entered preview in a while and and from what I read at patch notes they still have not given any token or means to get there.. did you simply grind the currency to unlock it or was it through other means? I would really want to try this out
  • ctf4voidctf4void Member Posts: 187 Arc User

@ctf4void , how did you unlock the dungeon? Is it open for all ? I have not entered preview in a while and and from what I read at patch notes they still have not given any token or means to get there.. did you simply grind the currency to unlock it or was it through other means? I would really want to try this out

I grinded through the campaign to unlock it. Asterdahl wrote in the first post of this thread that they will provide us with a method to unlock it easily. At the time I write this, this hasn't happened yet, so you need a bit more patience.
  • wintermurlocwintermurloc Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    I just read your dev blog abt the dungeon and from all indications it seems this is going to be a char unlock dungeon. Well you could have just said so rather than giving ppl a false hope. In any case, i really hope this is going to challenging (the least you could do), also since the foundry almost never comes up on the preview server for a feedback.. ill just ask plain and blunt if its possible for us to customize our own boss battles? A good foundry adventure cannot end well with giving us the option for boss battles, i dont care abt the rewards and its not like you guys do.. Sorry for hijacking this thread, but i have a good feeling about this mod is going to go.
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2017
    Just as a heads up, today's preview update saw the unlock token for the Tomb added to the preview store in the Wondrous Bazaar. You will now be able to access the dungeon without needing to complete the campaign on preview, granted you meet the item level requirement. Please take a look!
    terramak said:

UPDATE 7/7: The .2 only has one change:

• The debug item "Bane of the Jungle" is now available for purchase in the Wondrous Bazaar, in the Preview Only section of the store. This token will allow players who meet the item level requirement to queue for the epic dungeon Tomb of the Nine Gods. This item will only be available on the Preview shard.
    ctf4void said:

Feedback:I was pleasantly surprised to see that the dungeon is not a copy+paste job. I had feared it would be a modified copy of the still missing Pirate King dungeon.
    However, when I saw the first boss, this changed. Orcus, even though he learned new tricks does in no way fit into the dungeon, or for that matter into the chult theme. We already had such a letdown when the once grand CN was gutted and filled with demons. If there is still any chance to change it, remove Orcus! He has no place in that dungeon. Come up with something that fits the theme of mod12. While we are at it: Why the heck are Thayans in Soshenstar River? Thay is far, far away, and they don't fit the theme either

In regards to the Avatar of Orcus—this is a throwback to an old edition of Tomb of Horrors and an opportunity to establish that the villain capable of summoning a powerful projection of such a strong opponent is a powerful enemy indeed. Although we were a bit worried people might see Orcus and think the fight is the same, please take some time to try out the fight, it plays very differently than the fight against Orcus in Castle Never.

Both bosses two and three are brand new to the Tomb of the Nine Gods, so now that it's possible to unlock the dungeon without finishing the campaign, please try to progress further if possible. There are some exciting new mechanics we'd like you to see.

In regards to why there are Thayans in Soshenstar, people have this pesky habit of traveling from place to place! There is a specific reason the Thayans have an interest in Chult and have traveled all that way, please look forward to discovering why as you play through the story ahead.
    ctf4void said:

Bug:The debuffs one acquires from activating the gate for the first boss can be circumvented: during the 5 seconds that the party needs to stay in the purple circle to enter the boss room, a player with a debuff simply kills himself via gm-help, respawns (without the debuff) and joines the party in the circle again. Not a single party member has to enter the bossfight with one of the debuffs.
    Maybe I am missing something here, and the usefull effects of these strange debuffs are actually vital in the bossfight (I was only with 1 other player at Orcus and we didn't kill Orcus). But if that is not the case, many players will simply get rid of the debuff as described. The somewhat decent players will just ignore the debuff though because they don't care, others will not want to lose their normal buffs which can get canceled by death.

edit: clarification and fixing typos

Although the curses have negative effects, their boons are integral to the fight itself. That said, thank you for the report, we'll look into making adjustments. Although you may be able to survive without certain curses for a time, the lack of one curse in particular will make the fight nearly impossible once the relevant mechanic activates.

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited July 2017

We just attempted a dungeon run and here are my thoughts:

1. Traps -- I second the thought that there should be a more compelling reason to solve the puzzles. Maybe a loot incentive? We failed them all and simply cut our way through the trash mobs that we had to deal with as a consequence. I foresee a lot of teams opting to just do that the way it stands now.

2. First boss. The effects of the curses were easy to understand, but what to do with wasn't. The only obvious one is the middle one which turns you into an uber zombie killer. Other than that, we were at a loss as to how to deal with the tethered spheres. On our third try for some reason there seemed to be less spheres but we had no idea why. Is it an aggro thing? A zombie thing? We couldn't tell. For my part, my HR has massive damage resistance (128% without my guild boons) so I simply pulled as many zombies as I could to a far corner and killed them over time. From that far away, Orcus was no threat to me as long as the tanks and GWFs stayed alive. I didn't even have the "zombie killer" curse; I had the one with the temp HP. Nevertheless, my Drowned weapon set (which I'll never, EVER give up) served me well.

3. Second boss. Our first try was a short-lived disaster, but the second try was ridiculously easy -- so easy that we were concerned that it bugged or something. Someone made a good call on the four dwarves in the corners, and once they were down it was a very easy and short DPS burn. Intended? I got up on a high vantage point and attacked ranged so I could see if the dwarves -- or something else -- respawned. I'm surprised that nothing did.

4. Third boss. We could only barely scratch him, but we only had three people left at that point (GF, GWF, HR). Lag made fighting pretty much impossible -- we were nuked by his huge AoE blasts before we could react. From my HR standpoint, I don't care for the fact that one mechanic forces you to hug him all the time, while another mechanic forces you to run away. Add in a tiny bit of lag and I see the fight becoming a huge pain in the posterior. My gut tells me that my oppressor CW might become popular again, but we didn't have one so I can only surmise.

5. Atmosphere. I like it -- a lot -- but something seems missing. I think an exotic location like that should have extra things you can discover: hidden lore, a side puzzle or two, maybe an optional miniboss, or maybe some esoteric loot items that you can only find there. The room with the chair seemed like a place where there should have been something special -- why was that stone chair put there in the first place, for instance? Try to think about the rooms like I do in the Foundry: everything built was put there for a reason.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    I Really like the design of the dungeon and the difficutly is good :) what concerns me the most is the Loot atm. It has normal rank 8s and rank 5 ench in the chest and i also got an BOA artifact which really sucks. If you want ppl to run the dungeon for smth else then the Primal gear u have to make the Companions/Artifacts etc. unbound like in FBI. Also since the Dungeon is harder then FBI and SP (and not by a small amount) it would be fitting to get better loot. My Suggestion would be to switch the silver/azure/radiant/dark rank 8ts with brutal/savage/blackice etc. So the dungeon has some replay value besides the new Armor
  • blu3armyblu3army Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    We finished the dungeon after some time late last night, i must say it is very good difficulty and the design is wonderfull, props to dev`s for that i enjoyed running trough the entire thing and solving puzzles.
    The mobs hit hard, and it`s was excpected i think Sharp can give you more detailed information about it or does it work as intended, but it is doable just gotta be prepared to be stunned, jumped and all that comes to it.
    Also i gotta say the pit with the dino`s is very nasty if not played tactical but it was fun regardless.
    Now we got some drops from the bosses itself dont about the guys and Michela but i got 2 same neck pieces BTC, why 2 and 2 same no idea.
    The bosses itselfs are hard, but when you figure the mechanics ea Sharp did we burned them really fast.
    Now only one thing, adjust the rewards, this is not a cake walk this is serious dungeon and geting a thaum stone and a rank5 is really insulting cmon guys.Also chests bug me out since i fell of the platform due to lag on the last boss and when i came back to the chamber i could not open any chest.
    I wanna thank Sharpedge @tom#6998 Michaela and Gonzaid 6.0 for the run and patience.

Here are all 3 boss fights and burns

[yt]https://youtu.be/Vpoz0JocXBA[/yt]

[yt]https://youtu.be/pfLtkBoF6Ss[/yt]

[yt]https://youtu.be/nUxZ9e7yKR4[/yt]
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited July 2017

I Dont like 2nd boss.
    IS this a bug or something firsts 1-2 minutes of the fight are interesting but then you disable the elements and turn into something worse than orcus in castle never since that boss do not hit you.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited July 2017

I like the curse mechanic, although it should be better explained. The temp hp buff seems to be buggy in some ways and I am pretty sure sometimes the balls are still 1 shotting you while the temp HP is present.

I don't like the 2nd boss, all you need is 1 person doing the mechanic for a guaranteed success.

I like this boss, however the partial paralysis feels like you have added artificial lag to the boss fight. I feel like it should be less frequent then it currently is, as it can be altogether quite frustrating. It honestly feels like the most punishing part of this fight is partial paralysis.

I am under the impression that a lot of the boss attacks in this dungeon cannot be Iframed and that you actually have to be outside of the telegraphed area to avoid taking damage. I would like clarification on this, so I know whether it is just me playing poorly, bad lag, or if these attacks genuinely cannot be Iframed. Some examples:

Finger of Death (Orcus)
    Deathwind (Orcus)
    The red lines at the last boss (not sure of the name)
    The rotating fire things at the 2nd boss.

However, Orcus's Sphere of Annihilation can be Iframed.

Over all the new dungeon is quite challenging and pleasant to run, I thoroughly enjoy many of the new mechanics and I think the dungeon will pose a problem to many groups. There are still some parties that will be able to faceroll and ignore mechanics, but I think the number of groups that can do that has been drastically reduced relative to the current T3 dungeons.

Considering the difficulty of the dungeon (most groups will struggle) the loot is not adequate, at all. It needs to be unbound and it needs to be significantly better. Quite frankly, I feel like rank 9s or rank 10s better suit this dungeons drop table, not rank 5s and 8s. For a lot of classes, many of the new gear pieces that you can buy with seals of the brave are underwhelming and not even BiS, if the loot is not dramatically improved, I feel this dungeon won't see much gameplay, which would be a dramatic letdown considering it is a lot of fun.

I think a more accurate estimation would be 45 minutes to 1 hour.

The overall theme of the new dungeon, with the new puzzles etc, is really quite enjoyable and a nice change of pace compared to older content. However, the new dungeon is noticeably laggy, even on preview. This raises a major concern, since if it is noticeably laggy on preview, I dread to think what it would be like on live. I strongly urge you to try and look into this.

Post edited by thefabricant on
  • ivansinkovic1ivansinkovic1 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    So far I've seen two obvious bugs.
    1. Just before second boss, in cinematics when the Tyrannosaurus appers, it shows full party on the stairs. Full party of characters that look exactly like you.
    2. When your Damage dealt (Paingiver table) goes over 4 billion, you disappear from it.
    IDK if it's been reported or not already.
  • xxezzxxezz Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    I had the paingiver table bug already on 2 billion damage dealt.

paingiver table
  • wickedduck22#9795 wickedduck22 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    The Dungeon should have an average time of 50 minutes to 1 hour ,probably double if the group is not a premade. I really do like the new dungeon it has unique mechanics and needs good knowledge of the mechanics to finish it. The idea of traps had me off but I actually liked them. Back to topic a dungeon with a 40-50 minute length with a good group and getting a rank 5 with 2 salvage pieces and dropping bound loot will render the dungeon obsolete after everyone has enough seals. The reason why people run fbi is because it offers the best loot and can be done 2 times faster than tomb of the nine gods (probably 3x) but the loot makes me want to keep farming fbi even when it comes out. Changes should be made to the loot tables to match the length of the dungeon. Because fbi will still be the go to farm dungeon in mod 12 if loot changes are not made.
    Thank you all for your continued feedback. Though I may not respond to each item individually, know that we are reading it all! I'm glad to find many of you are enjoying the dungeon. As some of you have pointed out, there are still a few issues. Many of you noticed that Withers (Boss 2) was quite easy after the initial phase. Unfortunately, the latest preview build has a bug where when he enters his second phase, he simply stops activating his trap towers.

Rest assured that in a future build, the fight will become significantly more difficult at that point, not easier.

I am under the impression that a lot of the boss attacks in this dungeon cannot be Iframed and that you actually have to be outside of the telegraphed area to avoid taking damage. I would like clarification on this, so I know whether it is just me playing poorly, bad lag, or if these attacks genuinely cannot be Iframed. Some examples:

Finger of Death (Orcus)
    Deathwind (Orcus)

You are correct, you may have noticed some skull beside the damage values for certain attacks. I will be addressing this in a future blog, but if you check the combat log will actually indicate that damage from these sources is "unavoidable." We have had a few unavoidable damage sources in the past, and as we'd like to continue using these for certain boss encounters, we've decided to officially make it a mechanic.

That's not to say you can't still move out of the indicator in time to avoid the effect, but immunity frames won't save you. For instance, Deathwind should encourage you to stay fairly close to Orcus where the distance to dodge out of the cone is reasonable. However, if that effect is avoidable with immunity frames, it's basically as if it wasn't there at all. Alternatively we had considered since Module 10 making any sort of effect we desired to be "unavoidable," a continual channeled effect, but this ultimately became to limiting.

asterdahl said:

Thank you all for your continued feedback. Though I may not respond to each item individually, know that we are reading it all! I'm glad to find many of you are enjoying the dungeon. As some of you have pointed out, there are still a few issues. Many of you noticed that Withers (Boss 2) was quite easy after the initial phase. Unfortunately, the latest preview build has a bug where when he enters his second phase, he simply stops activating his trap towers.

Rest assured that in a future build, the fight will become significantly more difficult at that point, not easier.

Finger of Death (Orcus)
    Deathwind (Orcus)

You are correct, you may have noticed some skull beside the damage values for certain attacks. I will be addressing this in a future blog, but if you check the combat log will actually indicate that damage from these sources is "unavoidable." We have had a few unavoidable damage sources in the past, and as we'd like to continue using these for certain boss encounters, we've decided to officially make it a mechanic.

That's not to say you can't still move out of the indicator in time to avoid the effect, but immunity frames won't save you. For instance, Deathwind should encourage you to stay fairly close to Orcus where the distance to dodge out of the cone is reasonable. However, if that effect is avoidable with immunity frames, it's basically as if it wasn't there at all. Alternatively we had considered since Module 10 making any sort of effect we desired to be "unavoidable," a continual channeled effect, but this ultimately became to limiting.

The lag on third boss do not allow you to build your strategy. Mechanics are somehow hidden and lag make it worse.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    asterdahl said:

Finger of Death (Orcus)
    Deathwind (Orcus)

@asterdahl thanks.

Another thing I would like to bring up that I noticed in much older content (back in etos in mod 6) which wasn't really an issue in the past, but that may not be intended and could make the new dungeon harder than intended is the inability to dodge DoT effects as well as negative status effects. What I mean by this is if you dodge in a red area and the red area happens to apply a negative status effect, even if you dodge the initial damage, the DoT or negative status effect will still be applied. For example, in FBI at Hati, if you dodge the initial hit of the poison attack, the DoT will still be applied. Another example is at the final boss in the new dungeon, if you iframe some of the bosses attacks they will still apply the vulnerability debuff or partial paralysis. Is this a bug or intended?
  • jeffsliderjeffslider Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 112 Arc User
    Bug: Companions.

I think/believe this could be some sort of bug or a problem of sorts with the companions where it seems they're under effect from those mobs abilities and it causes those who are bonding users to not have their procs/not lasting long because of the comps not getting a chance to keep up the procc. It's very inconsistent for at least half the dungeon from what I'm seeing. I know the recommended thing from some will be to just constantly resummon but it's pretty annoying for that. So I do believe this can fall under 'bug'.

Bug: Puzzles (Mimics)

When I ran this the third time, it seems that this weird thing happened where on the mimic puzzle, two mimics stack on the same block/square, making it a bit harder to actually see where that skull spirit thing lands.

I've enjoy the dungeon a lot and even spending a lot of time after each run to explore it. A lot of good positives. I just personally don't like how the second boss is a bit too easy and as well, so I was curious as to what will happen if you don't disarm traps and well when in one of the runs a party member ran out the room to see what will happen, the room just simply caved in and we just needed to move the rubble alone. I think it should be something more punishing than just removing rubble from the door if you don't disarm traps/can figure out the puzzle.

Another thing I would like to bring up that I noticed in much older content (back in etos in mod 6) which wasn't really an issue in the past, but that may not be intended and could make the new dungeon harder than intended is the inability to dodge DoT effects as well as negative status effects. What I mean by this is if you dodge in a red area and the red area happens to apply a negative status effect, even if you dodge the initial damage, the DoT or negative status effect will still be applied. For example, in FBI at Hati, if you dodge the initial hit of the poison attack, the DoT will still be applied. Another example is at the final boss in the new dungeon, if you iframe some of the bosses attacks they will still apply the vulnerability debuff or partial paralysis. Is this a bug or intended?

In terms of debuffs and damage over time effects being applied through immunity frames, as you pointed out, this has been the case for Neverwinter's lifespan. The original team responsible for this functionality is no longer present, the current team has been examining this, and although we've considered making changes, the amount of powers whose functionality would change would be quite vast, so nothing has been decided yet. At present, we have no plans to adjust this.

That being said—in regards to Ras Nsi—the majority of his debuff inflicting attacks: Rive, Serpent's Rive and Stinging Halo are unavoidable damage. Meaning that immunity frames won't save you from the damage either, so even if we were to adjust immunity frames preventing status effects, it would not be adjusted for powers that are otherwise unavoidable. That being said, the "check" to determine whether or not you will be hit with the status effect happens when the power fires, not when the AoE indicator first appears. If you simply step out of the indicator in time, you will not be adversely affected.

In our own internal playtests (where we artificially set our ping to a reasonable level) our team was able to avoid the majority of the effects. However, it's definitely a new challenge to face. Avoiding Serpent's Rive can be quite difficult, however, once you learn the fight you should be able to anticipate the effect and ready yourself. You can still avoid the damage even if you haven't anticipated it, but you will need to dodge at an angle to ensure you do not overshoot the rather limited safe area.

We do understand that some groups may be geared enough to largely ignore these effects, but we hope plenty of you enjoy learning to master the fight. We will continue to watch the data and consider making adjustments.
  • casawircasawir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    @asterdahl Feedback: I really love the dungeon and the mechanics of it, i was there 3 times, it was a pleasure for me to run this kind of content. my 1st party was DC DO; DC AC; OP with aura of courage and GF i was HR trapper pathfiinder, in this party dungeon was going fast and easy, which i cant tell when i was going with 2x DPS in party, i found this challenging and quite cool. But the drop were terrible especially when i saw this: ITEMS BOUND TO ACCOUNT, i find this insulting, getting BtA drop for running hardest dungeon in game right now, but when u run Etos or even malabog( which is a joke) u can get unbound drop. I think if u won't change drop for unbound then u just created awesome dungeon which will be played few times and then just left played by noone.

2nd boss is too easy there is no mechanics, no danger, nothing it is boring as hell.

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Feedback
    The platform leading to the final boss doesn't have anything to prevent you from jumping off the edge. You hit a killplane, which is fine, but when you respawn you appear at a campfire toward the beginning of the dungeon (at the first trap I think). It would be fine if you simply had to run through the dungeon to get back, but unfortunately you have to fight your way through many rooms where enemies have respawned (and if your party solved the first trap then those rooms will definitely be full of enemies). The net effect is that if someone accidentally goes off the edge, he will either have to be kicked or everyone else will have to follow because that player will otherwise not be able to return.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    I'm a little worried when people say the loot in fangbreaker is Better then this new dungeon......

That is not good, considering fbi loot isn't worth the time.

I don't get why you guys insist on making the end chest basically moot..and forcing people to run content repeatedly for stuff. The extremely limited number of armor sets seems to add to this problem. One single set at each level....ugh.
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    edited July 2017

From the videos that I watched of the 2nd and 3rd bosses, this dungeon is way too easy for the IL requirement. 2 minutes to kill the second boss, 5 minutes to kill the last boss. This imo is a skirmish, not a dungeon. I really hope we will get more class balance soon that includes toning down buffs and further toning down debuffs. We need real dungeon crawls, not boss melts that require less and less skill, and just more and more buffs. Buffs and debuffs are ruining the fun of the game, turning end-game content into cakewalks.

considering that in FBI u kill the boss in 5 seconds with groups like this its alrdy a big improvement. 5 seconds to 5 minuntes. I dont think the average channel/pug group will be able to clear this dungeon btw or atleast they will have a very hard time.
    edited July 2017
    .Hello this is a critical issue about last boss. THE paralysis mechanism you need removed it completely or to be like lostmauth stun every 15 seconds with animation from the boss.

The reason is there are classes with powers based their builds on toggle skills. IF for example a sw cast dreadtheft will get interupt on this power and it will go on cooldown, And every new attempt will have the same result -1 power .

Also if i am a tank and my team need to get the monsters away from them and at this time we get a paralysis the party will die. Wipe should happen when players do a mistake not based on luck ( paralysis every 2seconds).

And about loot make everything bind of equip armors-rings. You wil bring more poeple in dungeon than you can imagine. I Would pay to get 100 legendaries keys if i knew that everything in chest is bind of equip. IT takes for me 50 minutes per day ( i even can skip and 1-2 days) and i will make better income from leadership and just 1 invoke per character.
    Post edited by mamalion1234 on
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    If I want a Dungeon crawl, I will pug it. If I want a Dungeon run I won't.

From the videos that I watched of the 2nd and 3rd bosses, this dungeon is way too easy for the IL requirement. 2 minutes to kill the second boss, 5 minutes to kill the last boss. This imo is a skirmish, not a dungeon. I really hope we will get more class balance soon that includes toning down buffs and further toning down debuffs. We need real dungeon crawls, not boss melts that require less and less skill, and just more and more buffs. Buffs and debuffs are ruining the fun of the game, turning end-game content into cakewalks.

IF we saw the same videos is not good design when you need passive powers to heal you and i am refering to gift of faiths or hot when you get damage from the virtuous. Other than that with the paralysis mechanic is based on luck if you live or not if you cant active heal your party at the right time.
  • dominious12dominious12 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    First impressions of this dungeon:
    Overall design is very nice, and I love that there's been some effort put in to create a unique new dungeon.

The boss fights are interesting and engaging, though I'm not sure if it's even possible to avoid one of the final boss' attacks. When he covers the entire arena in red except for 3 small strips it seems to be impossible to avoid as the strips are too small for a player to stand on, as far as I can tell I was never able to avoid that attack even when I sat in the middle strip.

Puzzles are interesting but some of them need a little more explanation. We ran into one with some levers and pedestals and had no idea what we were supposed to do with them, then someone accidentally left the room and we learned there was a penalty for not doing a puzzle, so we never got the chance to try it properly.

Loot: overall the loot is quite disappointing, like spellplague caverns the rewards from the dungeon are far too low considering the bar for entry and the length of time it takes to complete. I find it particularly offensive that the end chests can still give rank 5 enchantments, when dungeons like castle Never can reward rank 8s. The armor drops from the end chest also offered no option to choose between the 2 varieties, I think that would be a nice QOL option to add, in line with how the armour piece selection works in lower tier dungeons.

Finally, it was disappointing to see that seals of the Brave only come from the final chests. This effectively means that if you run the dungeon with your 7 keys a week from the campaign, plus your epic chest keys, you won't be able to reach the weekly limit on seals. It would be nice to see the bosses also drop a small number of seals so that between the 2 sources you can reach the weekly limit without being pressured into paying for legendary dragon keys, or having to run the dungeon multiple times with only an epic dungeon key.

The curses from the first boss fight will sometimes expire without the player dying. We had a couple of attempts at the first boss where I lost the temp HP curse betfore we even entered the fight, which effectively made the fight impossible to complete.