What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tomb of Annihilation Preview Patch Notes: NW.85.20170612a.3 - Updated 6/23

Comments

• Options
    lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    pitshade said:

asterdahl said that Protector seal items would be BtA. However the relic armors, even if purchased for another class, and Ostorian rings are all BtC on pickup. Is this an oversight after the existing BtC items were added to the vendor?

I really hope that's just for the preview, and don't go live...
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

pitshade said:

asterdahl said that Protector seal items would be BtA. However the relic armors, even if purchased for another class, and Ostorian rings are all BtC on pickup. Is this an oversight after the existing BtC items were added to the vendor?

I really hope that's just for the preview, and don't go live...
    The fact you can purchase BtC relic armor for other classes should make it really obvious it won't go live.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    urabask said:

The fact you can purchase BtC relic armor for other classes should make it really obvious it won't go live.

well... it hapenned before, it could happen again, right?

Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    D&D with @terramak must be so much fun.

Okay, you are sneaking through the jungles of Chult. You hear rustling in the distance. Roll your perception checks.

You see a small group of raptors about 200 meters in front of you, they aren't being quiet, and you can see them clearly. What are you guys doing?

Sneaking past? Okay, roll your stealth checks.

You got all got natural 20s nice! Who got the lowest roll after modifiers?

64, wow, you guys are good at stealth today...

The raptors all see you...

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    @terramak

You missed a spot

;)
  • Options
    terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    NeverwinterPreview has been updated, and the patch notes are now in the second post of this thread.
  • Options
    trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    Hey if you could look at gwf damage in PVP that would be fantastic and maybe look at making unstoppable break courage breaker so at least one class can effectively combat this silly meta of being PERMANENTLY COURAGE BROKEN. That would be fantastic if you could at least consider changing it like that or making all days on a set daily timer of like 30 seconds.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    I must have missed something but :

- where do you trade seals of the elements? the trader now only takes seals of the protector
    - what happened to elven armor? the trader only offers SKT stuff, the rings are nice but the relic armor is garbage (have to restore it then constantly feed it with the new black ice HAMSTER)
    - what of alliance armor?
  • Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    @terramak

Hey Any news on classbalance changes in mod 12? SW needs some love terramak :)
  • Options
    c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    tom#6998 said:

@terramak

Hey Any news on classbalance changes in mod 12? SW needs some love terramak :)

TR and GWFs are the ones who need the most class balance. SW got a huge rework less than one year ago (SKT release) while the last time GWF got a LITTLE BIT of changes was in Rise of Tiamat release, 2.5+ years ago and on Instigator path, which hasn't resolved anything.
  • Options
    > @c3rb3r3 said:
    > @terramak
    >
    >
    >
    > Hey Any news on classbalance changes in mod 12? SW needs some love terramak :)
    >
    > TR and GWFs are the ones who need the most class balance. SW got a huge rework less than one year ago (SKT release) while the last time GWF got a LITTLE BIT of changes was in Rise of Tiamat release, 2.5+ years ago and on Instigator path, which hasn't resolved anything.

True SW got a "huge" (but very lackluster) rework but the "fixes" with mod 10.5 sent him at the bottom of all dps classes (next to tr).

While GWF has very low diversity atm its doing very good in PvE and also benefited alot from the weaponench reworks so its not like gwf is in a bad spot and needs a rework (atleast imo).

Also they mentioned in a livestream some months ago that TR is next up for balance and that SW will be looked at again. Just want to get some info from @terramak what the current plans are (if thats possible)
  • Options
    c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    tom#6998 said:

> @c3rb3r3 said:

> @terramak

>

>

>

> Hey Any news on classbalance changes in mod 12? SW needs some love terramak :)

>

> TR and GWFs are the ones who need the most class balance. SW got a huge rework less than one year ago (SKT release) while the last time GWF got a LITTLE BIT of changes was in Rise of Tiamat release, 2.5+ years ago and on Instigator path, which hasn't resolved anything.

True SW got a "huge" (but very lackluster) rework but the "fixes" with mod 10.5 sent him at the bottom of all dps classes (next to tr).

While GWF has very low diversity atm its doing very good in PvE and also benefited alot from the weaponench reworks so its not like gwf is in a bad spot and needs a rework (atleast imo).

Also they mentioned in a livestream some months ago that TR is next up for balance and that SW will be looked at again. Just want to get some info from @terramak what the current plans are (if thats possible)

Not touching GWF just because he's good at doing only one thing doesn't mean he's in a good spot. It's a vicious circle that Cryptic doesn't seem to want to look at it. I'm not a SW main but I often see SW being good at several posts while GWF is "HURR DURR DPS". You know what ? HRs do an even better work while being safer.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    > @c3rb3r3 said:
    > Not touching GWF just because he's good at doing only one thing doesn't mean he's in a good spot. It's a vicious circle that Cryptic doesn't seem to want to look at it. I'm not a SW main but I often see SW being good at several posts while GWF is "HURR DURR DPS". You know what ? HRs do an even better work while being safer.

Seems like we have different priorities then. If they do the gwf rework the same way they did sw rework id rather have no rework at all for gwf. But there is little use debating this. I would just love to get info from the devs if & when and possible in what form the next class balancing will be.

Edit: typos
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

artifleur said:

I must have missed something but :

- where do you trade seals of the elements? the trader now only takes seals of the protector
    - what happened to elven armor? the trader only offers SKT stuff, the rings are nice but the relic armor is garbage (have to restore it then constantly feed it with the new black ice HAMSTER)
    - what of alliance armor?

Alliance and Elven are currently in the Legacy tab of TTB store.
    I'd argue that this is bad, unless they're as cheap as t-bar transmute weapons and not priced as wearable equipment. If they're intended to be left available for transmuting purposes, they should be added as Maze Engine transmute unlocks. The Maze Engine vendor is horribly neglected as it is. @asterdahl
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Hello, Installed preview and I have a few questions. I wanted to help test however, I noticed even in preview you still have to advance the hard way. Unfortunately, my live toon on PC is low level. My questions are:

Is testing new content only intended for end game players? Taking time to properly level a toon in preview rather than on live server seems kind of ...... (not sure the word I'm looking for here).

Are there any incitives other than helping test a great game I should be aware of that would make myself or anyone want to level a toon to test on preview?

To me as a low level player it seems counterproductive (perhaps the word I was looking for) to level a toon on preview rather than on live.

Also, I would like to recommend a couple things such as lockbox testing. Since the progress doesn't transfer or effect live toons, this testing (to insure balanced drop rates) should be considered. Enchanted keys are a virtual currency so there is no financial loss to create them for testing. My second recommendation is to allow transfers of console toons to preview (would have to be done manually by your team). This would increase testing and allow gamers like myself to use our high leveled toons for testing. I've seen this done in other mmo's test servers and I think would help Neverwinter greatly.

That's all I got for now.
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
  • Options
    trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    Anyone that pvps as a GWF will tell you its ridiculous how much DMG a tank does compared to us especially since they got a shield that blocks so much damage already..
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    Is a fix to transcendent feytouch coming soon? It keeps bugging the damage buff when used on aoe powers like thorn ward and cordon of arrows.
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    terramak said:

Companions

• Armor Penetration now properly has an effect when used by Companions.
    It already did but very reduced, anyway, This.Is:Great.

• Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User

Hello, Installed preview and I have a few questions. I wanted to help test however, I noticed even in preview you still have to advance the hard way. Unfortunately, my live toon on PC is low level. My questions are:

Is testing new content only intended for end game players? Taking time to properly level a toon in preview rather than on live server seems kind of ...... (not sure the word I'm looking for here).

Are there any incitives other than helping test a great game I should be aware of that would make myself or anyone want to level a toon to test on preview?

To me as a low level player it seems counterproductive (perhaps the word I was looking for) to level a toon on preview rather than on live.

Also, I would like to recommend a couple things such as lockbox testing. Since the progress doesn't transfer or effect live toons, this testing (to insure balanced drop rates) should be considered. Enchanted keys are a virtual currency so there is no financial loss to create them for testing. My second recommendation is to allow transfers of console toons to preview (would have to be done manually by your team). This would increase testing and allow gamers like myself to use our high leveled toons for testing. I've seen this done in other mmo's test servers and I think would help Neverwinter greatly.

That's all I got for now.

- Yes, testing of a game is more or less intended for folks who know the game well. I could see testing from a new players perspective, but very few of these changes are intended for new players. Adding an option to get like an instant level 70 toon would be interesting, but there are then undoubtedly some people who would flood to the preview server just to play there with a max toon (for PVP for instance).

- No.

Also, I would like to recommend a couple things such as lockbox testing. Since the progress doesn't transfer or effect live toons, this testing (to insure balanced drop rates) should be considered. Enchanted keys are a virtual currency so there is no financial loss to create them for testing.

- They do not want people being able to test their drop rates, and have actively and aggressively acted against those who try to do so. Making lockboxes and keys available on preview for free (which is what I think you are suggesting) would assist this greatly, which they unfortunately do not want. Being able to say "The drop rate is x%" is apparently a bad thing. A unknown drop rate means you don't know what your chances are - knowing that you have a .000001% chance at a legendary may make you think twice about buying keys.

Copying preview toons.

- Lots of effort for little reward. No offense to the devs, but by the time the preview changes are on preview, they are pretty much set. Anything less than a major, game breaking problem will be fixed in a maintenance patch.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Generally speaking, you wouldn't want to level up on the test server (exception being if a new class is being debuted). Even max-level players still make new copies of their characters constantly to reflect advances they've made on the live server.

You don't make or copy a character on preview and then maintain it there. This would be foolish. (There are rumors of at least one hermit who plays exclusively on preview, but most people don't.)

While more test environment tools such as auto-levelling could have their place, there is likely only so much that a relatively inexperienced player can contribute to nitty-gritty testing.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited June 2017

terramak said:

Companions

• Armor Penetration now properly has an effect when used by Companions.
    It already did but very reduced, anyway, This.Is:Great.

Erm, how.....? Companions don't do any damage in the first place.
  • Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    In general, I agree with you. There however are a few exceptions, most notably the shadow demon, the boar can also do some damage. Armor penetration affecting pets can actually be meaningful in such cases.

Again, I'm not saying that pets do not need a serious rework, including their damage. Cause they really do.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    A fully maxed-out Powrie also can do significant damage. A couple of my tanks rely on them as damage-dealers: I've gotten pretty good at positioning myself on the opposite side of an enemy so she can light him up from behind. I've seen my Powrie with two R12 bondings and an R12 indomitable crit for over 50k, and that's before the additional 25k from the indomitable kicks in.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    @terramak the treasure maps rewards are not good, we are not going to be doing maps to get cloack ascendacy currencies thats worse thing ever to add in those, add something similar to somi, but related to mod 12 items/syuff.

have the devs thought on getting an auto pick up loot system?, the "press f to pick loot" is kinda boring specialy now that im full runic bag inv
  • Options
    markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    > @oldbaldyone said:
    >
    > Is testing new content only intended for end game players? Taking time to properly level a toon in preview rather than on live server seems kind of ...... (not sure the word I'm looking for here).
    >
    > - Yes, testing of a game is more or less intended for folks who know the game well. I could see testing from a new players perspective, but very few of these changes are intended for new players. Adding an option to get like an instant level 70 toon would be interesting, but there are then undoubtedly some people who would flood to the preview server just to play there with a max toon (for PVP for instance).
    >
    > Are there any incitives other than helping test a great game I should be aware of that would make myself or anyone want to level a toon to test on preview?
    >
    > - No.
    >
    > Also, I would like to recommend a couple things such as lockbox testing. Since the progress doesn't transfer or effect live toons, this testing (to insure balanced drop rates) should be considered. Enchanted keys are a virtual currency so there is no financial loss to create them for testing.
    >
    > - They do not want people being able to test their drop rates, and have actively and aggressively acted against those who try to do so. Making lockboxes and keys available on preview for free (which is what I think you are suggesting) would assist this greatly, which they unfortunately do not want. Being able to say "The drop rate is x%" is apparently a bad thing. A unknown drop rate means you don't know what your chances are - knowing that you have a .000001% chance at a legendary may make you think twice about buying keys.
    >
    > Copying preview toons.
    >
    > - Lots of effort for little reward. No offense to the devs, but by the time the preview changes are on preview, they are pretty much set. Anything less than a major, game breaking problem will be fixed in a maintenance patch.

> @beckylunatic said:
    > Generally speaking, you wouldn't want to level up on the test server (exception being if a new class is being debuted). Even max-level players still make new copies of their characters constantly to reflect advances they've made on the live server.
    >
    > You don't make or copy a character on preview and then maintain it there. This would be foolish. (There are rumors of at least one hermit who plays exclusively on preview, but most people don't.)
    >
    > While more test environment tools such as auto-levelling could have their place, there is likely only so much that a relatively inexperienced player can contribute to nitty-gritty testing.

I'm only new to the PC environment. I have 7 toons on console and 5 of them are level 70 and one of them are end game. I have 2 toons on PC but they are both low level.

In regards to my lockbox suggestion it wasn't to determine a specific percentage of drop rates however I suppose this would be the byproduct of doing such test. The suggestion was based on a prior mmo's test server and approach. I can also understand not wanting players to just use and treat the preview server as a live server. I've seen this before on public test servers.

As for the incentive I think it would be cool to have something like a title or special item on live server granted to those who are testing game updates on preview. Auto leveling in preview for test purposes would indeed be interesting and perhaps give more players a reason to help. But again, I understand how this could flood the preview server.

Thanks for the replies. I don't play my pc toons often so I suppose being on preview is pointless at this time for me.
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
This discussion has been closed.