test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Chult Adventure Zones

Comments

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User

BUG 1: The heroic encounter that involves defending the base prevents players from entering the base. This means that someone who is completely uninterested in the heroic encounter is forced to do one of two things: switch instances, or wait for the enemies to break a gate or the timer to end. This is not cool.

There is a glowy portal that I believe can be used to get in while the event is going. You have to be out of combat to use it, so its still annoying. Not sure how to fix this really...its a town siege event so it sort of has to be at the town.
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User

BUG 1: The heroic encounter that involves defending the base prevents players from entering the base. This means that someone who is completely uninterested in the heroic encounter is forced to do one of two things: switch instances, or wait for the enemies to break a gate or the timer to end. This is not cool.

There is a glowy portal that I believe can be used to get in while the event is going. You have to be out of combat to use it, so its still annoying. Not sure how to fix this really...its a town siege event so it sort of has to be at the town.
    Odd, I searched all over and didn't see one. I expected some type of alternate access method near the gates. I will have to look around more I guess. They could have used a different town :| just sayin.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• ug2bkug2bk Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    agilesto said:

My feedback about the dinosaurs is that they attack you from like 2 times more distance than the usual mobs. This is pretty annoying, as you can't chill at all when there are dinos on the corner.
    Edit: Here a screen: http://imgur.com/a/vGId2 The dinos spawn where the red arrow points at. I'm way too far for every random mob to attack me, except dinos. Like what is their range?

+++, smth like 60-80' and that "ambushed" thing is really annoying. Funny thing - if you run straight at them and attack - their attention exactly as other mobs.

Did some tests with Fester69troll separately, with same results about "hunt".
    1) Rare mobs are exactly rare, T-rex spawns not often enough for 10-20 ppl on instance.
    2) Even if you're lucky to find one, chance of trophy is too small.

So. We've decided to "hunt" all the way through it (campaign). We must kill hundreds of rare-to-meet mobs, we must gather tons of trohy, exchange them another hundred times, to unlock N1-evil-thing-in-jungles - King of Spines - gather lure and confront it.
    What *is* the point of all that "hunt" thing, if every 30 minutes we can hunt that "N1" via HE?

edited June 2017
    I cannot seem to complete this patrol quest, since there is no interactable door in here that doesn't go back to the port. The quest path and marker just points to a door that I cannot enter.

EDIT Actually the door is just in a different place from the quest marker

edited June 2017
    I cannot aim at the stairs. This happens in RD as well, and it is extremely problematic when fights break out on the stairs. The AoE marker is always placed at the top or bottom of the stairs, it cannot be placed on them.

• asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    ug2bk said:

agilesto said:

My feedback about the dinosaurs is that they attack you from like 2 times more distance than the usual mobs. This is pretty annoying, as you can't chill at all when there are dinos on the corner.
    Edit: Here a screen: http://imgur.com/a/vGId2 The dinos spawn where the red arrow points at. I'm way too far for every random mob to attack me, except dinos. Like what is their range?

+++, smth like 60-80' and that "ambushed" thing is really annoying. Funny thing - if you run straight at them and attack - their attention exactly as other mobs.

Did some tests with Fester69troll separately, with same results about "hunt".
    1) Rare mobs are exactly rare, T-rex spawns not often enough for 10-20 ppl on instance.
    2) Even if you're lucky to find one, chance of trophy is too small.

So. We've decided to "hunt" all the way through it (campaign). We must kill hundreds of rare-to-meet mobs, we must gather tons of trohy, exchange them another hundred times, to unlock N1-evil-thing-in-jungles - King of Spines - gather lure and confront it.
    What *is* the point of all that "hunt" thing, if every 30 minutes we can hunt that "N1" via HE?

I addressed this in another thread, but it is currently not intended that the King of Spines can be killed in the heroic encounter, if you look the objective is actually to "drive off" the King of Spines. This will be adjusted before it goes live. In terms of the hunt, it's not just a means to an end, the King of Spines is just one of the hunts, albeit the strongest and only 3 star hunt.

Both the King, and the 1 and 2 star hunts leading up to him will have unique drops. The drops from the King of Spines will only drop if you lure him out and kill him as a hunt mark. When you drive him off in the heroic encounter, you'll get totally different rewards, and he will not drop his unique gear like Rex Corona or Rex Amiculum.
  • wintermurlocwintermurloc Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Well looking at things a lot of others seem to find the t rex encounters really easy... well I'm going to elaborate on my experience and I know asterdahl you did state this part was still under contention and you are guys are balancing this but I did solo this heroic encounter and I'm not Uber specd for dps (not that it's not possible) and I most certainly am not playing a swordmaster gf..This HE encounter as a whole didn't even make me sweat a bit.. well I'm not asking to make this an extremely hard open world event, but as it currently goes the T Rex may have a few moves he would like to show but he just cannot do so and he totally doesn't seem threatening.. In fact all of the add's did a better job at interrupting me from targeting him.. Come on ppl.. Its the king of spines after all.
  • shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    I'm just starting out and have the quest Defeat Rare Creatures. Is that a t-rex? It doesn't tell you what kind of rare creatures and offers no information or area. I'd really like to see that one clarified in the description. I still have no idea what it wants me to do.
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    The Fallen Templars quest has indeed been improved, as described
    • More supply crates and wounded templars can be found around Camp Righteous.
    • Players now receive assist credit for rescuing wounded templars from a slightly wider distance, and party members gain credit from even farther.
    • Templars around Camp Righteous now have less health.
    However, it needs more fixes. Right now, you can continue to tend wounded templars after you have reached your "quota". In effect this allows players to harass others, as doing this will make the templars unavailable to others.

You can also continue endlessly collecting stuff from the supply crates, but that does not affect others, so it's not really an issue.

Hoping for improvements...
  • ashryver#4991 ashryver Member Posts: 7 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2017
    karakla1 said:

Introduction

-I like that i can change now the camera distance with mouse wheel but you need to increase the draw distance on gras and other foliage. The maximum draw distance and the maximum camera distance shows only a small ring around my character with gras and other ambiente plants.

Thanks for the feedback. Adjusted the draw distance on the grass. This was initially low to help with performance. Let me know if you notice any changes.
    Staff Environment Artist

• baeyornbaeyorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    umm.. where do we get the fishing boats /etc in the new mod..? I've lokked uner every jungle fern/etc.. and cannot find a boat/vendor/etc?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    baeyorn said:

umm.. where do we get the fishing boats /etc in the new mod..? I've lokked uner every jungle fern/etc.. and cannot find a boat/vendor/etc?

I'm pretty sure everyone is just reusing their SoMI stuff, except bait.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User

baeyorn said:

I'm pretty sure everyone is just reusing their SoMI stuff, except bait.
    I confirm
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    BUG: Yuan-ti charm effect

If a Yuan-Ti Dancer charms your companion, long after the fight is over and the effect has worn off your companion will be unable to run to keep up with you. No matter what, your companion will amble along at a slow walk until you either change zones or dismiss and resummon it.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • baeyornbaeyorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    ahh.... not sure I have the somi boat on the character I have on the test realm.

-- doh --
  • ctf4voidctf4void Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Feedback: The respawn rate in the temples in Soshenstar River are way too high. When you search the idols, miss one and go back where you already were once, you will encounter respawned mobs. Players who aren't geared well, especially non-dps classes will be frustrated to have to kill the same groups of mobs twice in such small instances.
  • shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    In the quest Chultan Treasures, where you have to go into that lair and find the relics the mobs keep respawning. That's not the norm for lairs like that, so I'm wondering if that's an error?
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

edited July 2017
    ctf4void said:

Feedback: The respawn rate in the temples in Soshenstar River are way too high. When you search the idols, miss one and go back where you already were once, you will encounter respawned mobs. Players who aren't geared well, especially non-dps classes will be frustrated to have to kill the same groups of mobs twice in such small instances.

This is likely due (at least partially) to what happened in mod 11, when we didn't have any mobs to kill for the first week the campaign launched. These temples are not instanced. Other players can walk up and enter them with you without being in a party.

Exactly. There are so few players around that most people might not notice those are not single-player/party instances ... just think of them as indoor extension of the open world area.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    Indeed, they behave like the mines in Drowned Shore. That said, if you think that's bad, bear in mind that there is a large force of Thayans camped outside one of the ruins. You exit the ruin right into a meat-grinder.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    edited July 2017
    Small bug in the "Rescue the Adventure Party" quest. The sparkly trail will direct you towards an inaccessible door - a short distance from the one you actually need to enter.

edited July 2017
    There is something strange with the Shrines of Ubtao quest. I accept it, do it and turn it in...and it immediately becomes available and I can pick it up again...but it is just supposed to be a weekly quest, right ?

Is it maybe meant to be a 6xWeekly quest and not maked as such ? It behaves like that, at least.

• trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    BUG:
    The Giant Strider mount's space bar emote changed with the most recent preview patch. Instead of the sharp screeching sound it made before, it now makes dinosaur noises.
    My guess is the New cavalry Tyrannosaur and Warpainted Tyannosaur mounts have something to do with it. I'm guessing the base mount emote for giant strider was copied to the new mounts with only the sound effect being changed.
    Notably the axe beak mount, which has the same emote but a different sound effect from the giant strider, is unaffected by this bug and still makes the bird noises its suposed to make.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
    edited July 2017
    Another Bug:
    In port Nyanzaru, there is an auction block with 4 dinosaurs being sold. These dinosaurs are always labled velociraptors but every single time I log out and log back in, the skin for them changes to a mix of other bipedal mounts seemingly at random. The first time, the skins were a mix of velociraptors and the other raptors with the crests on their heads the goblins ride on. The second time, 3 of the skins were the crested raptors and one of them was an armored axebeak. The third time, it was one crested raptor, 2 giant striders, and one armored giant strider. The forth time, it was one armored axebeak, one epic axe beak, one armored giant strider, and one crested raptor.

I'm not sure what the crested dinosaurs the goblins ride are actually suposed to be called but in places they appear without a rider, it may be worth checking that they are labeled correctly.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    edited July 2017
    I noticed the skins for the dinosaurs were still being played with when I logged into preview today. Assuming the mob designers have time for this, I'd like to make a few small sugestions for making the allosaurs for this game more accurate and better seperating them from the Tyrannosaurs in appearence.

When I ran into the neverwinter version of allosaurs on preview, they looked like a slightly smaller version of the tyannosaurs with slightly different coloring. The tyannosaurs look good as is but I would sugest modifying the allosaurs to incorporate the below differences:

Real Allosaurs have 3 fingers on each hand and real Tyrannosaurus Rex have 2 fingers on each hand.
    The head shape for Allosaurus differs considerably from Tyrannosaurus Rex as well.
    Allosaurus has a crest above each eyebrow on either side of their head and Tyrannosaurus Rex does not.

Here are a few pictures to help you better visualize what I'm saying:

Tyrannosaurus Rex Pictures:
    https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/jurassicpark/images/6/6d/T-Rex_2.png/revision/latest?cb=20141128071025&format=original
    http://newsdesk.si.edu/sites/default/files/photos/Skeleton.jpg

Allosaurus Pictures:
    http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/dinosaurs/images/3/3f/Image-3.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150726213546
    http://img00.deviantart.net/c480/i/2015/113/d/1/allosaurus__2002__by_franz_josef73-d5mbz3v.jpg
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User

Another Bug:
    In port Nyanzaru, there is an auction block with 4 dinosaurs being sold. These dinosaurs are always labled velociraptors but every single time I log out and log back in, the skin for them changes to a mix of other bipedal mounts seemingly at random.

By the way, last time I checked they were labeled "Velicoraptors" which I guess is a typo.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
    Are the treasure maps still broken? It's been a week since I last checked, but they were still only giving worthless RD currency at that time, and I have not seen anything about a fix in the patch notes.
  • fester69trollfester69troll Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Are the treasure maps still broken? It's been a week since I last checked, but they were still only giving worthless RD currency at that time, and I have not seen anything about a fix in the patch notes.

All without changes
  • aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User

BUG: Intro Cutscenes Not Playing for All Party Members

With the latest patch, me and my friend copied new character versions to preview so we could start over. After leaving on the ship, I saw all the cutscenes for the journey to Chult, and she saw none of them. To her, we were on the ship, then on the beach... nothing in between to explain why.

BUG: League Armor Vendor Double

There are 2 versions of the League Armor Vendor existing at the same time in the same spot. One gives you the food, the other opens the store. See picture:

BUG: Celeste Double

Like the bug above, there are 2 versions of Celeste standing in the compound area. One is healthy, one is cursed. This is right after Minsc declares she is still missing. Also... as you can see by the text of the conversation I was having, I could see her, my friend could not.

A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
    Play Legit or Quit
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader