test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Auction House Misclassifications

Hello Adventurers of Neverwinter!

We noticed that several of our packs were misclassified when listed on the auction house. To fix this, and to make things easier to find (hopefully), we've added a new Mount Packs category and moved the Utility Packs category to the Miscellaneous tab. Along with this fix we adjusted the categorization of several types of packs. These changes will show up in a future update.
  • Companion XP Packs have been moved to the Companion Packs tab
  • Black Ice packs to the Professions Packs tab
  • Artifact Packs to the Equipment Packs tab
  • Stronghold/PvP packs to the Utility Packs tab
  • And of course Mount Packs to the new Mounts Packs tab

Since we're in there reorganizing items already, I thought it would be a good time to reach out to you all and see if there are other items you may know of that don't get listed in the category which makes the most sense for them. If you know of any, feel free to list them below and we can look into them.

And as always, beware the Gelatinous Cube! Unless you have one as a mount... in that case, embrace the Gelatinous Cube!

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2017
    CM Note: noworries is a Dev! We are just having technical difficulties flagging his account.

Fixed!
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    @two30 this will probably affect your AH Category finder

@noworries thanks for working on this, I think better categories in AH are a needed improvement. I do think that it's kind of a big mess currently. Any chance you could sketch out what the planned organization is going to look like? It's hard to visualize what you are intending.

If you go on two30's awesomesauce tool, you can see that lots of stuff is all over the place.

https://two30.github.io/neverwinter-auction/

Some examples:
    https://two30.github.io/neverwinter-auction/?stronghold
    Some stronghold packs are professions, others are uncategorized. I assume you're moving all of these to Utility Packs?

https://two30.github.io/neverwinter-auction/?companion
    Companion packs are under companion, refinement, consumable, and uncategorized. Are you planning to leave the ones that can drop runestones in refinement, or move them all to companion?

https://two30.github.io/neverwinter-auction/?mount
    https://two30.github.io/neverwinter-auction/?insignia
    Are you moving mounts and insignia both to the mount category?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    The one that stands out to me is that the epic trowel pack is a different item depending if you got it from the Zen store or a lockbox, and AH postings for them go in two different places.

Another thing I think is weird is that most relic weapon restoration items are stored in your profession bag but are found under Misc on the AH.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    I fear @two30 might be busy killing stuff in Azeroth right now, but here's a current list of items in the "misc" category that might need to be moved or even warrant an own category:

list could not be accurate, I haven't double checked anything

Move to --> Equipment%112
    "Neverdeath Treasure Cache","Bounty_Az_Gy_Rewardpack","Miscellaneous%1000"

Move to --> Gems%903
    "5x Pack of Preservation Wards","Item_Wards_Preservation_Tradebar_Pack","Miscellaneous%1000"

Stronghold
    "Strongbox Key","Stronghold_Strongbox_Key","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Stronghold Starter Pack","Stronghold_Starter_Pack_Mt","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Major Influence Voucher","Stronghold_Voucher_Influence_Large_Mt","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Major Fey Trinket Voucher","Stronghold_Voucher_Sharandar_Large_Mt","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Major Dark Gifts Voucher","Stronghold_Voucher_Dreadring_Large_Mt","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Major Frozen Treasures Voucher","Stronghold_Voucher_Icewind_Large_Mt","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Major Treasures of Tyranny Voucher","Stronghold_Voucher_Tyranny_Large_Mt","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Major Astral Diamonds Voucher","Stronghold_Voucher_Astraldiamonds_Large_Mt","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Major Labor Voucher","Stronghold_Voucher_Labor_Large_Mt","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Major Surplus Equipment Voucher","Stronghold_Voucher_Surplusequipment_Large_Mt","Miscellaneous%1000"

Event Refinement
    "Wondrous Grommet","Event_Gond_Refinement_R1","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Wondrous Cog","Event_Gond_Refinement_R2","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Wondrous Sprocket","Event_Gond_Refinement_R3","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Wondrous Gadget","Event_Gond_Refinement_R4","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Wondrous Gizmo","Event_Gond_Refinement_R5","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Wondrous Thingamabob","Event_Gond_Refinement_R6","Miscellaneous%1000"

Mission/Quest Items
    "Dispersal Agent","Mission_Az_Sha_N2_Dispersal_Agent","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Dragon Hoard Coin Pouch","Rewardpack_Az_Wod_Tiamat_Hoard_Coin_Purse","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Bronze Skeleton Key","Item_Key_Skeleton","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Standard Dungeon Chest Key","Dungeon_Delve_Key_Blue","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Salve of Vitality","Mission_Az_Sha_N1_By_The_Roots_Salve","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Blackdagger Crypt Key","Item_Key_Blackdagger","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Building Materials","Stronghold_Materials","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Epic Dungeon Chest Key","Dungeon_Delve_Key_Purple","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Chandler Family Savings","Junk_Chandler_Savings","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Set of Dice","Junk_Setofdice","Miscellaneous%1000"

Premium Consumables
    "Cube of Augmentation","Artifact_Reroll_Token","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Sigil of the Metallic Ancestry Dragonborn","Lockbox_Dragonforged_Metallic_Dragonborn_Pack","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Air Seeker's Wand","Artifact_Essence_Weapon_Air_Drop_Enhancer_Temp","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Earth Seeker's Wand","Artifact_Essence_Weapon_Earth_Drop_Enhancer_Temp","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Fire Seeker's Wand","Artifact_Essence_Weapon_Fire_Drop_Enhancer_Temp","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Water Seeker's Wand","Artifact_Essence_Weapon_Water_Drop_Enhancer_Temp","Miscellaneous%1000"

Lockbox Artifact Weapon boxes
    "Twisted Artifact Weapon Box","Lockbox_Runic_Twisted_Pack","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Elemental Artifact Weapon Choice Pack","Lockbox_Shaundakul_Elemental_Choice_Pack","Miscellaneous%1000"

Lockbox Mounts and Insignias boxes
    "Armored Griffon Mount Pack","Lockbox_Shaundakul_Armored_Griffon_Mount_Pack_Legendary","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Mystic Mount Pack","Lockbox_Giants_Mount_Pack","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Barbed Insignia Pack","Lockbox_Shaundakul_Insignia_Pack_Epic_Barbed","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Crescent Insignia Pack","Lockbox_Shaundakul_Insignia_Pack_Epic_Crescent","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Enlightened Insignia Pack","Lockbox_Shaundakul_Insignia_Pack_Epic_Enlightened","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Illuminated Insignia Pack","Lockbox_Shaundakul_Insignia_Pack_Epic_Illuminated","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Regal Insignia Pack","Lockbox_Shaundakul_Insignia_Pack_Epic_Regal","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Rare Mount Pack","Lockbox_Shaundakul_Insignia_Pack_Rare_Mount_Pack","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Armored Griffon Insignia Pack","Lockbox_Shaundakul_Insignia_Pack_Legendary","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Firemane Insignia Pack","Lockbox_Firemane_Insignia_Pack_Epic_Demo","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Golden Lion Insignia Pack","Lockbox_Firemane_Insignia_Pack_Legendary","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Manticore Insignia Pack","Lockbox_Runic_Insignia_Pack_Legendary","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Runic Insignia Pack","Lockbox_Runic_Insignia_Pack_Epic","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Jarl's Mount Pack","Lockbox_Runic_Mount_Pack","Miscellaneous%1000"

Event Consumables
    "Professional Fireworks","Event_Lliira_Contest_Firework","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Elminster's Lunchbox","Item_Anniversary_Lunchbox","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Favor of Tymora","Lockbox_Dropevent_01_Token","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Mysterious Fortune","Event_Winter_Fortune_Pack","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Mysterious Crystal Charger","Mount_Mysterious_Egg_Crystal","Miscellaneous%1000"

Mod 10 Restoration Resources, Relics and Maps
    "Borax","Arms_Relic_Upgrade_Resource_1","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Permafrost Shard","Body_Relic_Upgrade_Resource_1","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Dragon Shell Oil","Body_Relic_Upgrade_Resource_2","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Northern Animal Fat","Head_Relic_Upgrade_Resource_1","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Master's Trowel Box","Ostorian_Mt_Trowel_Box","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Lanolin","Relic_Shared_Resource_2","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Ostorian Relics","Ostorian_Relic_Base_Rewardpack","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Map in a Bottle","M10b_Fishing_Map_Bottle","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Dragon Turtle Moult","Weapon_Relic_Resource_2","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Runechanged Ink","Weapon_Relic_Upgrade_Resource_Leather_Fishing","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Permafrost Shell","Weapon_Relic_Upgrade_Resource_Magic_Fishing","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Diluted Vitriol","Weapon_Relic_Upgrade_Resource_Metal_Fishing","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Naphtha","Weapon_Relic_Upgrade_Resource_Wood_Fishing","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Dubbin","Weapon_Relic_Upgrade_Resource_Leather_Treasuremap","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Ostorian Residuum","Weapon_Relic_Upgrade_Resource_Magic_Treasuremap","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Chert Waterstone","Weapon_Relic_Upgrade_Resource_Metal_Treasuremap","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Livewood Sap","Weapon_Relic_Upgrade_Resource_Wood_Treasuremap","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Frozenfar Mistletoe","Weapon_Relic_Upgrade_Resource_Wood_Leather_1","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Evermelt Spring Water","Weapon_Relic_Upgrade_Resource_Metal_Magic_1","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Bibliothol","Crafting_Resource_Relic_Bibliothol","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Enchanted Loam","Crafting_Resource_Relic_Enchantedloam","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Mana Plaster","Crafting_Resource_Relic_Manaplaster","Miscellaneous%1000"
    "Reliquary Wax","Crafting_Resource_Relic_Reliquarywax","Miscellaneous%1000"​​
    Great, forum ate my post, or I'm too tired right now. Anyway, the Misc category "Miscellaneous%1000" hosts quite a few items that could be moved or warrant own categories:
    • Mount and Insignia Packs
    • Artifact Weapon Packs from Lockboxes
    • Mod 10 Restoration Resources, Relics and Maps
    • Stronghold Vouchers
    • Neverdeath Treasure Pack that need to be moved to equipment
    • Ward Pack that needs to be moved to the other wards
    • Some Event Consumables
    • Some Premium Consumables like Metallic Dragonborn
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    dupeks said:

@two30 this will probably affect your AH Category finder

https://two30.github.io/neverwinter-auction/?companion
    Companion packs are under companion, refinement, consumable, and uncategorized. Are you planning to leave the ones that can drop runestones in refinement, or move them all to companion?

https://two30.github.io/neverwinter-auction/?mount
    https://two30.github.io/neverwinter-auction/?insignia
    Are you moving mounts and insignia both to the mount category?

I think it makes the most sense for all companion packs, even if they can drop runestones, into the companion pack category

And I think the same goes for insignia. It would seem natural to look for those in the new mount pack category.

Thank you for that detailed list @loboguild. I will certainly take a look at those items.
    One thing that tends to be confusing for players is all the belt slot items being classed as "consumables", even the ones that are permanent (Tymora's Lucky Coin, Adorable Pocket Pet, and various less useful items).

Neverwinter Census 2017

Hey my post is back!
    While you are tinkering with the AH, would it be possible to add a category for companion equipment? That would be really handy.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer

While you are tinkering with the AH, would it be possible to add a category for companion equipment? That would be really handy.

It seems like that is possible and I can certainly see how helpful that tab would be. I'll look into getting that as an option. Disclaimer: You never know what will happen as you start to implement something, so no promises!
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User

It seems like that is possible and I can certainly see how helpful that tab would be. I'll look into getting that as an option. Disclaimer: You never know what will happen as you start to implement something, so no promises!
    "You never know what will happen as you start to implement something"

oooh you can be sure HAMSTER will happen....
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    What happens to Glorious Resurgence Legendary Pack? Miscellaneous?
    FrozenFire
  • mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 189 Arc User

Hello Adventurers of Neverwinter!

We noticed that several of our packs were misclassified when listed on the auction house. To fix this, and to make things easier to find (hopefully), we've added a new Mount Packs category and moved the Utility Packs category to the Miscellaneous tab. Along with this fix we adjusted the categorization of several types of packs. These changes will show up in a future update.

• Companion XP Packs have been moved to the Companion Packs tab
    • Black Ice packs to the Professions Packs tab
    • Artifact Packs to the Equipment Packs tab
    • Stronghold/PvP packs to the Utility Packs tab
    • And of course Mount Packs to the new Mounts Packs tab

Since we're in there reorganizing items already, I thought it would be a good time to reach out to you all and see if there are other items you may know of that don't get listed in the category which makes the most sense for them. If you know of any, feel free to list them below and we can look into them.

And as always, beware the Gelatinous Cube! Unless you have one as a mount... in that case, embrace the Gelatinous Cube!
    That is great news! Anything that helps at finding stuff in the Auction House is to me a great value. :smiley:

As for the Gelatinous Cube, I've been looking for that Companion for a really long time, where do people get them?
    I have the cube mount and blob of slime Companion already.

Hey @noworries#8859 this isn't a classification error, but with the addition of stronghold furniture, we need an AH category for it. Searching by keywords is tedious.

Neverwinter Census 2017

Hey @noworries#8859 this isn't a classification error, but with the addition of stronghold furniture, we need an AH category for it. Searching by keywords is tedious.

I can certainly see the frustration there. When I have a couple of moments I will look into possible changes that could be made here, such as a new category under miscellaneous, or even possibly a new Stronghold tab all together. No promises or guarantees, but I will take a look.
    That would be great, thanks!

Neverwinter Census 2017

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    while on teh topic of ah. searching for things is difficult at the best of times. can we have a boolean search? there are times you just can't find what you want because there is something similar in great quantity in front of it. if I could do a -widget it would be really nice. trying to think of an example but I"m brain dead atm.

thought of an example. like if you just want to browse a category like the packs in enchantments to see what is there and what is the best deal you are flooded with hundreds of the cheap little packs like the stronghold pack that has a single enchantment r5 in it and all the elemental evil he packs. you have to do a narrow search to find anything so you can't just browse.
  • macaran5123macaran5123 Member Posts: 122 Arc User

there are times you just can't find what you want because there is something similar in great quantity in front of it

I would absolutely _love_ a "min stack size" button.
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    The new Stronghold category is appreciated but there are lots of misc items in there. Mini-loots from the beginning, books for campaigns, mod 11 restoring currency, etc. This shouldn't be in this category

Stronghold vouchers really ought to be in the Strongholds category instead of Misc.

Neverwinter Census 2017

Stronghold vouchers really ought to be in the Strongholds category instead of Misc.

Another auction house tab???

I'll take a look at it :smiley: