test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Auction House botting

tntslayer1tntslayer1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 694 Arc User
When I post something on the ah, and under cut some one , it aint but 5 min they have all of their listing 1 ad less than mine. there aint no 1 that good or that fast. I've seen this a lot over the years I've played the game.

Comments

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Coincidence. Trying to price items on the AH is not something fitting to bot.
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    Dude, I do things like this when I try to sell something fast. And I do it manually lol. There are actually people who play the market game here when they want to earn some AD and sell their stash. Get used to it.
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User

Dude, I do things like this when I try to sell something fast. And I do it manually lol. There are actually people who play the market game here when they want to earn some AD and sell their stash. Get used to it.

I enjoy buying and selling in the AH. Its much more interesting than the daily quest grind, and more rewarding than the very very sad dungeon drops we get these days.
    I don't judge your playstyle. I'm just saying there are people like you who like to make their AD by constant follow with AH and the prices. It's nothing new in these kind of games.

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

I enjoy buying and selling in the AH. Its much more interesting than the daily quest grind, and more rewarding than the very very sad dungeon drops we get these days.
    I don't judge your playstyle. I'm just saying there are people like you who like to make their AD by constant follow with AH and the prices. It's nothing new in these kind of games.

Most of the people making their AD off the AH aren't going to waste time re-posting items for a 1 AD undercut. You're selling so many items that by the time you're done someone else will have undercut you already.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hey everyone! Please refrain from specifics or any instructional type comments so threads like these can stay on the forums for constructive discussion purposes. Thanks!
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited June 2017

When I post something on the ah, and under cut some one , it aint but 5 min they have all of their listing 1 ad less than mine. there aint no 1 that good or that fast. I've seen this a lot over the years I've played the game.

No botting here. Heck, one time, I and another guy were competing for the lowest listing and kept reposting the item every 2 secs.

I mess with the ah bots on purpose . I'll take a 20k item and list it for 200k . it wont be but 10 min and I will see a post for like 160k that's what the bots do.Unless you by and sell a lot on the ah you wont understand the market. And yes there are ah bots, no 1 can post 30 items for 20 k ; and then relist them all for 19,999, and I see there at handel on more than 1 item, they are botting . I see it all the time. I was born at night, but not last night.

Again, been there, I think many were. If there's only one or two of a quick moving item at that 20k and next is 200k, I'd definitely post mine at 191919. I've even seen people buy those at that 20k and list at the 160k you're saying.

I do such long relisting often too, mostly with marks.

Neverwinter UI is quite slow, so I don't think using a bot would boost the speed over manual posting.
    FrozenFire
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    I love when people think just cause something is hard or beyond what they consider reasonable effort it must be automated.

If someone is constantly adding and removing items from the ah, this woild be easily detected. Determining if it is legit or not would be a matter of opinion by the person viewing the logs.

Report them and move on. Or keep undercutting them back till the price gets to a point where you can get it for a deal.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

I'm talking like 20 items I would post not 1, I guess I should have said that in my first post, I'll list 20, 30 of the same items, and bam 1 ad less. and they are listing just as many.I"ll relist some at 500 less ad and bam there it is again 1 ad less. surf the ah for various items you'll see.

Such as?
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    Well, did you think about this?

Other ppl want to sell their items, too. The AH is free for all players. Keep this in mind, when you read the following scenarios.

I post 5x XY in the AH. Someone posts the same item at a lower price, one item. I do nothing, Why, bc I dont care. He did undercut me, but if his item sells, the next item sold is mine.

I post 5x XY in the AH. Someone posts the same item at a lower price, 20 items, like you did. I undercut him. Why, bc I dont have a chance to sell my item, before his items are sold, all of them.

If this would happen to me, I would refrain, from posting 20 or 30 items, in fact creating a barrier for your fellow players, trying to sell the same things OR you can think, that there are bots out there, trying to get you.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    I'm one of those people who see's an item i've got and am selling, see i've been undercut by a few ad, then takes it off and reposts it for 1 ad less than them or more. A lot of people do this and if its an item thats considered easy to sell like refinement items, then they do get reviewed very very often so although I dont doubt there are some bots on the AH, i wouldn't put the undercutting blame on them though.
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• nirafelosnirafelos Member Posts: 113 Arc User

ok there has been huge ban waves over botting. why do thin rank 5 enchants went up in price. if they have ingame bot there are ah bot. all you need to know

While I don't doubt that AH botting is likely possible, consider how harshly the search bar is time-gated. You get what, 5 searches per minute? And AH automation would almost certainly be the easiest possible bot to detect, so yeah, would get banned fast.

My somewhat informed impression is that the bulk of the ban wave and subsequent r5 price jump was related to bots obtaining r5s automatically, not trading them.

^ I literally have no idea what percent of that post is allowed here, so sorry in advance, mods.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    nirafelos said:

ok there has been huge ban waves over botting. why do thin rank 5 enchants went up in price. if they have ingame bot there are ah bot. all you need to know

While I don't doubt that AH botting is likely possible, consider how harshly the search bar is time-gated. You get what, 5 searches per minute? And AH automation would almost certainly be the easiest possible bot to detect, so yeah, would get banned fast.

My somewhat informed impression is that the bulk of the ban wave and subsequent r5 price jump was related to bots obtaining r5s automatically, not trading them.

^ I literally have no idea what percent of that post is allowed here, so sorry in advance, mods.
    The bot needs to obtain the items (r5 in this example) and sell the items so that they can get AD to sell to real person for money.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    I have seen some dude make 4 post in one sec time-frame.There is definitely something is going on.Maybe a bot maybe some other sort of automation like macros.

Note:I will post a pic when I see next time
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    dsn1118 said:

I have seen some dude make 4 post in one sec time-frame.There is definitely something is going on.Maybe a bot maybe some other sort of automation like macros.

Note:I will post a pic when I see next time

If you do so, please make sure you edit out any names in the pic.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    you cant see anyone post multiple items within a short time frame (live ) because the auction does not show posting /update in real time
    it only shows results when you click search and in that time frame the database is updated the guy / gal could have posted a few items especially when the auction is lagging /high volume
  • darnett#9827 darnett Member Posts: 3 New User
    There's something going on with some of the accounts ( I suspect a lot of the different accounts are controlled by the same person or group ) that have a LOT of postings in the AH . Observing their characters - they are always in the same place , they never move .
    Maybe they only logon to play the market ( though not the game which is weird , but hey maybe that's fun to them ) , but if I get into a bidding war with one of these accounts one of them will always undercut to the nearest thousand value ( always ending in 000 but never being reduced by a single AD ) .
    If you look at the AH postings where they are the only characters to have items in that category as long as one of these accounts is first to show then there is no bidding war . It ONLY seems to occur where someone else tries to sell an item .
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    They have lots of stuff they want to sell ASAP and get the best price possible. All my toons have mythic artifacts, so I have truckloads of power/stability/union marks of all levels to sell during double-RP. Though I wouldn't camp the AH and constantly undercut.