test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

move those announcements out of the middle of the screen

shaddomastershaddomaster Member Posts: 16 Arc User
It is extremely distracting and annoying to have a large chunk of the screen taken up by an announcement that so & so just got some goodie.

It's fine that they got something, but when I'm in the middle of trying to run a dungeon or surrounded by hard hitting mobs I don't need my vision blocked!

I could get along fine with it if you guys just moved it up to the top of the screen & would be very, very thankful if you downsized the font!

During peak usage times it goes from being somewhat annoying to badly degrading the whole game experience. It becomes spam.

Comments

• callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Aye. Its really unbelievable that this cant be turned off. What other game would do this?
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited June 2017

Aye. Its really unbelievable that this cant be turned off. What other game would do this?

Another free2play game probably, that wants to entice you to go and try your luck on lockboxes to win the big price :-)
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    > @callumf#9018 said:
    > Aye. Its really unbelievable that this cant be turned off. What other game would do this?

But they want to make sure you know about the super rare drop someone got with a zen key so you feel like gambling to hit the lotto too.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I got used to the lockbox spam a long time ago. It isn't nearly as intrusive as the XP Overflow Box or the awful Collections popups that persist for several seconds. Those things drive me up the wall. It's hard to believe that the designer thought they were so cool and awesome that blocking your sight in combat, or mail item slots or whatever, is acceptable.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    While it is impossible to turn those notices off, it is possible to move them away from the centre of the screen using the 'Rearrange HUD' option on the 'Esc' key menu. I repositioned them over the Chat Window on the left hand side of the screen.
  • akpuls#9220 akpuls Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    I thinking this thing is doing absolutly oposite thing, after thay advertised how many people is playing a game then if I see how less this messages come I can only thinking about that how low chance is to get this special items from lockboxes and from my experience chance to get something is really low so I think that thay can just turn it off at all even from chat.
    Post edited by akpuls#9220 on
  • akpuls#9220 akpuls Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    There is another reason why you should rather turn this info off. That reason are extremly lucky people. I'm really wondering how is possible that one player can get in sequence of few seconds three legendary or epic packs from lockbox and me and almost everyone from guild who is VIP minimally five months didn't get single high valuable pack or item at all. Do you really think that to see this can be a motivation for spending more money on keys if we see how bad RNG this have?