test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback: M12 Campaign - Jungles of Chult

Comments

• gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    By the way, I just managed to prone the King of Spines and something similar happens to the damage levels.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Well, I think the "proning" loss of debuffs is intentional....and the best/intened way to defeat the big dinos.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Just finished downoading ..... ah....time for some fun, but my very first impression, just from looking at the collection and campaign menu is generally positive.

However, with the huge variety of IL 480-500 gear introduced, it is pretty much clear that Masterwork is dead....again.

So the new gear from the Mod 12 vendors is unbound?

• rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    It is for the most part BtA, so masterwork gear will still be the go to for selling and for making for guild members.

It is for the most part BtA, so masterwork gear will still be the go to for selling and for making for guild members.

Masterwork rings, probably yes.

Masterwork armor - not so sure. Note that Relic gear is now more easily accessible and much, much cheaper to upgrade, I suspect people will go for that instead (even though the Everfrost bonus is useless in Chult and RD), and then try to get the IL 480/500 gear from Chult. I had made one piece of Masterwork for myself - was going to make more, but cancelled those plans when I saw the Mod 12 items.

Masterwork weapons - probably not. They have the huge flaw that weapons for three classes require Fartouched Residuum, which only drops in mSP, and considering the overall crappy rewards there, people will probably not be running mSP that much -
    which will reduce the availability of Fartouched Residuum even further.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    No one is talking about the new weapons set, gives a random 2k stat value for that fight, 2k regen xD.

epic rings in seal trader needs to be bta so we can trade with alts recently acomplished with lvl 70.

had myself charmed and scream in fear with the human-snake mobs, when my controls resist isnt working against these.

About the t-rex, i fought him and was having a hard time on do real damge at first but, when he fall down, his damage resistance seemed to be gone, because i was dealing good damage after.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    arcanjo86 said:

No one is talking about the new weapons set, gives a random 2k stat value for that fight, 2k regen xD.

They appear to be a catch-up set, something to boost the base damage and stats of alts and other left-behind characters, but with their tooltip indicating a BoP crafted weapon, I am wondering if that's a bug and it should be possible to craft them for alts and for sale. I also wonder what materials are required, if you need items from the new zone or what.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer

Chultan Riches appear in 2 places. In the currency tab and then in your inventory. The ones in your inventory you are supposed to open for 4 Chultan riches, but nothing happens on the currency tab. I have tried this several times. No increase, even though I did more quests and increased currency tab from 30 to 50.

Sadly I thought I had fixed that issue. The ones in your inventory aren't supposed to be there and shouldn't open for anything. Do you happen to remember what you were doing when you received these?
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited June 2017

Is the new dungeon going to be a account wide unlock, similar to what you did with master Demogorgon? I thought that was really nice and I am missing it on other content locked behind campaigns.

Throwing my support behind this. Having a dungeon be unlocked account wide is a huge plus for replay-ability for the mod and it makes the whole mod far more fun when you can have your main character to play on 80% of the time, but once in a while bring out an alt that you like to help a friend or just get a change of pace.

The alt still is missing all the benefits from completing a campaign so it isn't like gaining access to the dungeon means much to the alt, especially if I understood correctly that the mod 12 gear will be BoA so you can send it to the alt to gear it anyways.

Mod 10/10.5/11 dungeons would all see significantly more play time if those dungeons would be made account wide unlocks and you would see player satisfaction skyrocket as well.

I'm sure that if you look at your metrics you would see that mod 8 had a much higher participation rate in mod 8 content than mod 10-11.5 did and the account unlocked master demogorgon fight is the reason why
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User

Chultan Riches appear in 2 places. In the currency tab and then in your inventory. The ones in your inventory you are supposed to open for 4 Chultan riches, but nothing happens on the currency tab. I have tried this several times. No increase, even though I did more quests and increased currency tab from 30 to 50.

Sadly I thought I had fixed that issue. The ones in your inventory aren't supposed to be there and shouldn't open for anything. Do you happen to remember what you were doing when you received these?
    I got them also while completing the intro quests. Not sure which one actually gave them though.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User

Ido remember. These are the quests at Camp Vengeance. I had to purify the grave sites. The very first two that I did, I got these in my inventory. When I repeated them beyond the first set of two (there are 4 quests there), I did not get any more.

LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    scathias said:

Is the new dungeon going to be a account wide unlock, similar to what you did with master Demogorgon? I thought that was really nice and I am missing it on other content locked behind campaigns.

Throwing my support behind this. Having a dungeon be unlocked account wide is a huge plus for replay-ability for the mod and it makes the whole mod far more fun when you can have your main character to play on 80% of the time, but once in a while bring out an alt that you like to help a friend or just get a change of pace.

The alt still is missing all the benefits from completing a campaign so it isn't like gaining access to the dungeon means much to the alt, especially if I understood correctly that the mod 12 gear will be BoA so you can send it to the alt to gear it anyways.

Mod 10/10.5/11 dungeons would all see significantly more play time if those dungeons would be made account wide unlocks and you would see player satisfaction skyrocket as well.

I'm sure that if you look at your metrics you would see that mod 8 had a much higher participation rate in mod 8 content than mod 10-11.5 did and the account unlocked master demogorgon fight is the reason why
    I wouldn't say that was totally the reason, demogorgon, even since it came out always was easier to complete than sva/fbi, i made around 10 pug runs since sva came out, only 1 or 2 were successful, while demogorgon it's pretty much the opposite if not even higher success rate.
    There is nothing good to get out of sva except for the regalia, rings are decent, but why care in getting a greater ostorian ring there with a minimal chance if it's going to be btc? Better spend some time doing ToDG, POM o DEMO, by getting a bta ring i'm getting 8 btc rings, 1 for each character i have that can use them. Weapons are good, but so are weapons from river district, and same thing as rings, minimal chance to get enough to marks make weapons legendary.

• wintermurlocwintermurloc Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    The T Rex lacks damage and while proning him severely increases our damage against him (this might be a mechanic but outright happens far too often), he doesn't remotely seem challenging considering he doesn't roam around in a pack while the rest do.. He spawns rarely around and encountering him should be interesting enough.. While everything abt him seems bloated even at the king of spines HE, he is far from being a predator capable of dealing damage.
    edited June 2017
    There is something seriously wrong with the drops from some of the critters - a Rank 1 enchant?

I got this from a horde of small dinos at the King of Spines HE, as well as some other Lesser scrolls of Icentification and other assorted low-level HAMSTER. Looks like somebody forgot to set some number to the appropriate value.

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    https://youtu.be/e8tOJUWsd98

Bugs: Introductory Quest.
    1) it is possible to kill the king of spines, if you so desire, during the introductory quest.

2) When in the cinematic on the back of the dinosaur, it is still possible to spam abilities.

3) If you do the introductory quest with another player, it will superimpose both your character models on top of each other for the dino ride.

Yes, I am probably way too bored if I am testing and reporting this stuff.

Also, when i left chult on the DC I was progressing the campaign with, it bugged and is not allowing me back into the campaign zone. It states I have not yet unlocked chult when in actual fact I have.
  • mss10001amss10001a Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    It's only me, or have someone else no luck with dropping T-Rex fangs? I don't know how many T-Rex i've allready killed but never got a fang. Most other parts for the lure i got.
    edited June 2017
    mss10001a said:

It's only me, or have someone else no luck with dropping T-Rex fangs? I don't know how many T-Rex i've allready killed but never got a fang. Most other parts for the lure i got.

I started counting. 24 Tyrannosaurus, and 5 T-Rex. Yeah, maybe it's a small test case, but after unlocking the hunt path (the left side), hunts get added to the list of things you must do to complete the weekly. If I have to spend over 2 hours to NOT complete a weekly, I probably will never complete it.

If some other "rare" enemy drops T-Rex fangs, this whole thing was very misleading. Just put their drop locations on the items in the lure shops.

• mss10001amss10001a Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User

mss10001a said:

I started counting. 24 Tyrannosaurus, and 5 T-Rex. Yeah, maybe it's a small test case, but after unlocking the hunt path (the left side), hunts get added to the list of things you must do to complete the weekly. If I have to spend over 2 hours to NOT complete a weekly, I probably will never complete it.

If some other "rare" enemy drops T-Rex fangs, this whole thing was very misleading. Just put their drop locations on the items in the lure shops.
    Today i've killed 20 tyrannosaurus in a row and no fang, that's really frustrating as mentioned above i'm know unable to finish my weekly.
    Perhaps it's a problem with my acount. During the siege of neverwinter i never got any voucher and my guildies drop it nearly every fourth mob group.
    mss10001a said:

mss10001a said:

Today i've killed 20 tyrannosaurus in a row and no fang, that's really frustrating as mentioned above i'm know unable to finish my weekly.
    Perhaps it's a problem with my acount. During the siege of neverwinter i never got any voucher and my guildies drop it nearly every fourth mob group.
    Note that even if the drop rates were working, it is likely not the normal Tyrannosaurus that drops the fangs, it's the Tyrannosaurus Rex, which is a much harder, much rarer enemy.

I got vouchers all the time, and you are not the only one complaining about the non-existent drop rates for these fangs. No one that I know can find them. @noworries#8859

If I have to spend over 2 hours to NOT complete a weekly, I probably will never complete it.

Uhm....why not just complete the hunt requirement by killing the lowest tier "rare spawn" ones - like a Smilodon or something like that ? That's what I did.
    edited June 2017
    adinosii said:

If I have to spend over 2 hours to NOT complete a weekly, I probably will never complete it.

Uhm....why not just complete the hunt requirement by killing the lowest tier "rare spawn" ones - like a Smilodon or something like that ? That's what I did.
    Because it requires a T-Rex fang.... doesn't it?

If killing a rare spawn counts, shouldn't killing a T-Rex count? It is a rare Hunt, which requires a 1 star lure as far as I can tell. Not just the randomly spawning rare monsters. Hunts have special names, and drop the special gear listed in the Hunts section of the collections page.

• asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    I'll be addressing some feedback in here regarding some hunts and monsters, but please direct future responses and feedback to the new thread: OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: MONSTER HUNTS, NEW ENEMIES AND DIFFICULTY FEEDBACK. I apologize for the delay on this feedback thread being posted. I was out of the office when preview went live.

Not sure if this is a bug or not... but it does not seem to be working right.

Large Dino's (T-Rex, Allosaurus, King of Spines) can be proned by the Paranoid Delusion (and possibly other powers). Once they are proned twice, they seem to lose their damage resistance. They should probably not be able to be proned at all to begin with.

It's not only proning powers. On my HR I have no proning powers in my rotation and the Shadow Demon as pet, but I can still prone the T-rex. And when that happens I go from:

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Thorned Roots deals 3417 (15969) Physical Damage to Tyrannosaur.

To:

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Thorned Roots deals 220980 (85171) Physical Damage to Tyrannosaur.

And the T-rex dies an horrible death
    What you're seeing is a new mechanic called "topple." There will be a future blog post that addresses this mechanic. New large enemies may be toppled. Whenever you strike that enemy, they lose some "balance." Balance is invisible and you can't see it, but suffice to say when they lose a certain amount of balance, they'll fall over temporarily. During this time they take increased damage.

The idea here is to give these giant monsters a sense of scale, and add a break to the pacing of the encounter where you have some time to get in some DPS. The last thing I will say is that depending on the critter, hitting it from different sides may have a wildly different impact on the creature's balance.

As far as the difficulty of the monsters, in terms of how quickly they drop once they're toppled, this is something we're still playing with, the build that went to preview has them quite a bit easier than we'd like, so please look forward to changes there.

If you actually have a prone ability that is toppling them without doing sufficient damage first, that is a bug so please report it as such.

arcanjo86 said:

They appear to be a catch-up set, something to boost the base damage and stats of alts and other left-behind characters, but with their tooltip indicating a BoP crafted weapon, I am wondering if that's a bug and it should be possible to craft them for alts and for sale. I also wonder what materials are required, if you need items from the new zone or what.

Correct, these are indeed meant as a catch up. You are also correct that these should be BoE, not BoP. I'll pass the note along to the designer that implemented these.

Note that even if the drop rates were working, it is likely not the normal Tyrannosaurus that drops the fangs, it's the Tyrannosaurus Rex, which is a much harder, much rarer enemy.

I got vouchers all the time, and you are not the only one complaining about the non-existent drop rates for these fangs. No one that I know can find them. @noworries#8859

You are correct only Tyrannosaurus Rex will drop the Tyrannosaurus Rex fang, which is indeed the rare spawn of the Tyrannosaur. However, I'd like to shed some light on the problem of not receiving the drop. I believe the drop rate in the preview build is set too low. The drop rate for trophies from rare enemies is fairly low, and as the rare enemies only rarely spawn where a normal group would spawn, this compounds together to make them reasonably hard to obtain.

With normal enemy groups though, there are a lot of groups, so it ends up being not too bad. With the tyrannosaur, there are generally so few overall that the combined chance of finding one and obtaining the trophy is far too low. We'll be making adjustments in a future build.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

arcanjo86 said:

Correct, these are indeed meant as a catch up. You are also correct that these should be BoE, not BoP. I'll pass the note along to the designer that implemented these.
    TYVM for confirming. My alts are ready to line up and high five the dev team.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    As are my alts. They can finally do away with their drowned weapons, I may keep the burning one on my healadin.

I would assume from that too that the bop for the relic armors is incorrect too (as we can buy for other classes), and those are also meant for catch-up too. But will they be BtA or BoE?
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    @asterdahl : thanks for the clarification on the topple mechanic :smiley:
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    Enjoying Mod12 on preview. Thanks Devs for the early look.
    But regarding the Teak set "random" bonus stat...

Yeah. I know it has already been said, and that it may be a "starter" set... but just gotta emphasize how bad that is.

Bad from an unreliable/unpredictable perspective, certainly. Very few builds would benefit from modest boost in crit one moment but also from deflection in the next moment.

But the suck score for Teak goes to 11 for those GFs frequently using Tanky/Protector-ish loadouts. You will get a useful stat one proc out of four at best.
    Even the old Twisted set would be better (bonus, not base damage o/c).

Consider offering a choice of three Teak "flavors":

1) "Offensive Teak"
    (random Crit, ArP, or Power)
    2) "Defensive Teak"
    (random Defense, Deflect or Lifesteal)
    3) "Teak Lite"
    (random Recovery, Stamina or Movement).

Notice that in none of my fantasy Teaks does regen exist.
    Either make it active in combat or remove it entirely from gear.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • einsiegeinsieg Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    I feel the dailies and weeklies for this campaign are set up in a structurally confusing manner that is bound to mess up your progression if you don't pay attention. Unlike Mod11's Mercantile Missions, you are not forced to pick Patrolling Chult before you select a Patrol quest, but Patrolling Chult will not function unless you pick a Patrol after taking it, not before.

Please either make Patrolling Chult function regardless of the order you take the quests, or don't show Patrols until you take it.