test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tomb of Annihilation Preview Patch Notes: NW.85.20170612a.3 - Updated 6/23

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Edit 2017-06-23: The shard has been updated with the version NW.85.20170612a.3. Patch notes are in the following post.

Highlights

New Campaign: Jungles of Chult
A mysterious plague has claimed the lives of many across the Sword Coast, and there's no sign of a reprieve to come. A hint, carried by a suspicious source, points toward the peninsula of Chult, far to the south of Neverwinter. Build a team, start an expedition… and try not to die.

Get more detail and provide feedback here: Official Feedback: M12 Campaign - Jungles of Chult
And here: Official Feedback Thread: Chult Adventure Zones

Dev Blog: Developer Blog: Jungles of Chult Campaign

New Dungeon: Tomb of the Nine Gods
Currently not accessible on the NeverwinterPreview shard. Check back later for details!

Official Feedback Thread coming when the dungeon is available!

Quest Journal Improvements
The Quest Journal has seen an update in a similar fashion to Sword Coast Chronicle in the previous module! Among the improvements are the ability to group quests by zone, to search for a specific quest, and to filter quests as well.

Official Feedback Thread coming soon!

Armor Penetration and Damage Vulnerability Debuff Changes
A backend overhaul has been made to how Armor Penetration works, both to improve server performance and make powers interact more consistently with the stat. In addition, damage vulnerability debuffs have been made more consistent as well.

Among the changes, Armor Penetration can no longer exceed the enemy's armor value, and the 200% hard cap on damage vulnerability debuffs has been changed to a 300% soft cap, though it will be more difficult to reach the 200% point.

Get more detail and provide feedback here: Official Feedback Thread: Armor Pen and Damage Vulnerability Debuff Changes
And here: Official Feedback Thread: M12 Armor Pen Changes and PvP

Shimmering Lockbox
Players who open their Adventurer's Reward box at level 20 will now receive three Shimmering Lockboxes! A pack of three free Shimmering Keys may be claimed from the Zen Market in order to open these Lockboxes.

Get more detail and provide feedback here: Official Feedback - M12 - Shimmering Lockbox

Private PvP Queues
Players may now use the Queue system to create private PvP matches between pre-arranged teams! 5v5 and 10v10 matches are currently supported. This should allow player teams to engage in PvP under their own terms, whether for build, power, or composition testing, or just for fun or practice.

Private PvP matches do not have victory or loss rewards associated with them.

Get more detail and provide feedback here: Official Feedback Thread: M12 Private PvP Queues

Known issues
  • If players leave the intro quest without finishing it, they may be unable to return to the quest map.
  • Private PvP queues: There are currently rewards hooked up to private PvP matches; they will not have rewards once the feature is released.
Post edited by terramak on

Comments

• terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2017
    Release Notes: NW.85.20170612a.3

Content and Environment
    Chult and Port Nyanzaru
    • Heroic Encounter: The King of Spines now consistently lumbers away in search of less challenging meals when brought to low health, rather than accepting death.
    • House of the Crocodile can no longer be accepted before its prerequisite is complete.
    • It should be a little more difficult to escape the gameplay area.
    • More supply crates and wounded templars can be found around Camp Righteous.
    • Players now receive assist credit for rescuing wounded templars from a slightly wider distance, and party members gain credit from even farther.
    • Respawn campfires now properly allow the player to change Loadouts.
    • Templars around Camp Righteous now have less health.
    • Various changes have been made to the environment based on feedback.
    Jungles of Chult Campaign
    • Monster Hunt: Rare Creatures: A typo in this task's detail text has been addressed.
    Repeatable Adventures
    • Certain maps now properly have map names over the minimap.
    • Enemy positioning has been adjusted in a temple map to reduce the chance of aggroing multiple groups at a time.
    • Players can now move back to the ship in certain maps if they need to access the campfire.
    • The fallen tree has been replaced with a rope bridge in one of the jungle maps.
    • The Quest Path has been improved in certain maps.
    • These quests can no longer be shared.
    • Various debug text has been removed.
    • Various text has been updated for better readability and grammar.

Combat and Powers
    Boons
    • Death's Blessing: This Boon now properly reduces incoming damage as described in its tooltip.
    Companions
    • Armor Penetration now properly has an effect when used by Companions.
    Enemies and Allies
    • Batiri Brave: Chieftain's Courage no longer debuffs nearby Batiri.
    • Batiri Brave: This enemy's cone attack now properly deals a debuff, and no longer turns to follow the player.

Items and Economy
    General
    • Bait items in Chult now properly match their associated icon in the UI.
    • Certain Guild Hall decorations no longer disappear when replaced.
    • The Tyrannosaurus Rex can now properly drop a trophy when killed.

Performance and Stability
    General
    • A crash in the queue system has been addressed.
    Post edited by terramak on
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    @terramak i found a bug/problem on my cw , cant dodge mobs with my shift key mechanic, this happened while fighting crabs and thayans

also ogres dropped a lure but it wasnt bound, are we gonna be able to sell lures in ah?

are the lure spots working?

bad so far for me:

fishing realy, thats what made stop playing somi(i only do weekly in somi, and when im generous to myself i do dailies ^^)
    ----------------------------edit

noticed seal of protector - seal trader in new main city, its selling relic gear and epic rings from skt but no elven gear there, @terramak have the devs thought of the player that dont have gear for lvl 70 first time toon? checked seal trader misc option from shop, ty for the cheap prices there, unless its up for discussion the price values of the ingredients @terramak.
    Post edited by arcanjo86 on
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    arcanjo86 said:

@terramak i found a bug/problem on my cw , cant dodge mobs with my shift key mechanic

Is shifting broken, or double-tapping to dodge in lieu of shifting? If double-tapping to dodge isn't working, this bug exists live and all you need to do is access options to turn it back on.

The bug is that it randomly becomes unselected in the first place. Replication steps, I'm clueless.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    There's more fishing? This surely must be a joke.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User

arcanjo86 said:

@terramak i found a bug/problem on my cw , cant dodge mobs with my shift key mechanic

Is shifting broken, or double-tapping to dodge in lieu of shifting? If double-tapping to dodge isn't working, this bug exists live and all you need to do is access options to turn it back on.

The bug is that it randomly becomes unselected in the first place. Replication steps, I'm clueless.

double taping shif-key, i dont have that problem on live.
  • panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    First of all.
    It looks good campaign - map - town. The new town reminds me the agrabah from Aladdin :p

I dont see much but i see the new armors and new legendary rings with 510 item lvl.
    1) ALL new armor set for DC the coif and surcoat have power-critical-armor pene stats....why?
    Cuisses and Braces ok they have power recovery....at least its something.
    2) Now for new leg rings...why leg ring with item lvl 510 have lower stats from 435 item lvl leg rings???????? and why ALL new rings have power-max hp stats???? that need a change pls.

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    @terramak
    can we finally have the feytouch enchantment fixed for mod 12?
    it still bugging itself when used with aoe powers like thorn ward, cordon of arrow, rain of arrows (the damage buff stops working).
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    arcanjo86 said:

arcanjo86 said:

double taping shif-key, i dont have that problem on live.
    You still fix it the same way. It's not a new bug, but a carried-forward one in the base build.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    I don't want to rush or anything but wow, these patch notes seem awesome.

@terramak pay atention to this comment
    rayrdan said:

@terramak
    can we finally have the feytouch enchantment fixed for mod 12?
    it still bugging itself when used with aoe powers like thorn ward, cordon of arrow, rain of arrows (the damage buff stops working).

I am almost 99,99% sure you are aware of this, but if you don't know the full description of the bugs (well i don't either) here are some details:
    The debuff is not only 18% but yes two debuffs, 1 for 18% and 1 for 9%.

Edit: I was not the person that originally found the bug, i think that's worth mention.

I tried almost all powers, here is what i found:

HR some powers make the stacking stop
    SW the problem is on pillar of power, after using pilar of power the buff will stop activate.
    DC will be unable to stack after around a minute of continuous encounters use ( only tried 1 time).
    GWF - fine;
    CW - Stoped working, tying to figure out why.
    GF - fine
    OP- Fine
    TR - Same thing as SW except the encounter that blocks future procs is smoke bomb.

It's just a wild guess but probably powers that create an entity fixed on the ground are the responsable, not aoe's that's for sure, tried a lot of them. And just by accident roots even without trapper feats are also entities right?
    Post edited by treesclimber on

• swaggot69#3726 swaggot69 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    will there be any buffs to GWF survaviblity with arp resistance removal?this is worst of pvp classes atm and with arp resistance removal you made him even worse which i thou would be impossible.
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User

will there be any buffs to GWF survaviblity with arp resistance removal?this is worst of pvp classes atm and with arp resistance removal you made him even worse which i thou would be impossible.

the worst class still is tr... almost anyone can one shot us...
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    Overall, I'm excited with new mod... I really hope that new campaign and rewards are usefull.
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User

the worst class still is tr... almost anyone can one shot us...
    for pve maybe but its FAR superior to gwfs, sws and pallies in pvp. just saying its a different world out there.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    OK ... I have to say that the environment team did a great job on this. What I have seen so far of the new module is beautiful! The town, the jungle ... the look and feel of it is right on.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    the zoom in zoom out feature is nice but the range seems really limited. The playermade zoom feature via binding FOV on mouse wheel works a lot better
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    Is there a way to turn the zoom feature off? I have mount and jump bound to mouse buttons 4 an 5, respectively.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • sarako#2091 sarako Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    hi terramak im getting fps issues in maps like guild stronghold and protector's enclave, my current setup is fx 8350 stock frequency and rx 480 8gb vram plus 16gb ram .

my fps are low in those maps like 20 - 30 most of times and in stronghold is mostly 15-16 fps i isntalled the game all over again and the issue persists, my current driver version of amd rx 480 is 17.6.2, also i teted on others games like gta v and doom, but everything is fine on those games.

from another part im seeing sometimes red and green textures.
    > @panteleelee said:
    > hi terramak im getting fps issues in maps like guild stronghold and protector's enclave, my current setup is fx 8350 stock frequency and rx 480 8gb vram plus 16gb ram .
    >
    >
    >
    > my fps are low in those maps like 20 - 30 most of times and in stronghold is mostly 15-16 fps i isntalled the game all over again and the issue persists, my current driver version of amd rx 480 is 17.6.2, also i teted on others games like gta v and doom, but everything is fine on those games.
    >
    >
    >
    > from another part im seeing sometimes red and green textures.
    >
    > Dont worry is the preview server problem.
    > In live will not be like that.

srry, but my problem is in live and preview server ./
    Post edited by sarako#2091 on
  • panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User

hi terramak im getting fps issues in maps like guild stronghold and protector's enclave, my current setup is fx 8350 stock frequency and rx 480 8gb vram plus 16gb ram .

my fps are low in those maps like 20 - 30 most of times and in stronghold is mostly 15-16 fps i isntalled the game all over again and the issue persists, my current driver version of amd rx 480 is 17.6.2, also i teted on others games like gta v and doom, but everything is fine on those games.

from another part im seeing sometimes red and green textures.

Dont worry is the preview server problem.
    In live will not be like that.

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

the zoom in zoom out feature is nice but the range seems really limited. The playermade zoom feature via binding FOV on mouse wheel works a lot better

Oh, they finally added that LOL. Got my hopes up for 3 seconds, been using that trusty bind zoom for 3 years
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    Just wanted to note that the dust particle systems in the ruins are far more graphically intensive than the rest of the area. If you have your settings set to about half what your system can take (so that it never drops frames), it will drop to around 5-10 FPS while standing near these particle systems.

These particle systems are only in the ruins as far as I can tell--the small instances you can enter for some quests. One of them is filled with goblins, another with Thayans. There are likely more, but those are the two I found. The dust particles are a brown color, similar to the walls, and the two or so I found where located near the center of the room.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    asterdahl said that Protector seal items would be BtA. However the relic armors, even if purchased for another class, and Ostorian rings are all BtC on pickup. Is this an oversight after the existing BtC items were added to the vendor?
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
This discussion has been closed.