test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

sounds like we are getting a rough AD nerf .

grroupergrrouper Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 578 Arc User
edited June 2017 in General Discussion (PC)
Seems with the changes coming to seals and what gear we can buy we will be losing a very much needed way to earn rough AD........... Says We’re also making quality of life adjustments to current seals. It’s been almost a year since the introduction of relic armor; starting in Module 12 unrestored relic armor and restoration reagents will be available for purchase with seals of the protector. This will replace the now outdated elven armor. Relic weapon reagents will not be available in the store, and of course reagents that are available in the store can still be obtained via their original methods.

In addition to these changes, seals of the elements and outdated alliance equipment will be phased out. All previous sources of seals of the elements will now reward seals of the protector and all shards and miscellaneous items once purchasable with seals of the elements will now be purchasable with seals of the protector. Starting in Module 12, any seals of the elements can be exchanged 3:1 for seals of the protector at the seal trader. In a future module, seals of the elements will be removed completely.

Comments

• jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    I am sure we can get other useless junk to salvage some AD from :lol:
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    jade1280 said:

I am sure we can get other useless junk to salvage some AD from :lol:

We are going to be able to buy ostorian rings with protector's seals for salvage. It just seems like they're going to be reducing the amount of seals per dungeon relative to what we could get before while keeping costs about the same.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • viperwitch23viperwitch23 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    Ostorian rings are bound to character?
    I haven't been to FBI yet to see it

And Ostorian legendary rings or epic?

Protector seals stuff is bound to character yes.
    Right now I can buy Allience gears and pack them in mail at 5 items per mail and then get on alts.
    So when Allience seals end we can't move to alts any more what we get?
    And may I say that ring always salvages less then helmet or armor

Ok, buy armor is a waste of seals better buy helmets in my opinion any way.
    So what I am trying to find out is that if Allience gear is ending - then what would then drop in the Valindra's Tower, Malabog's castle and other T1?

Are they going to put unrestored relic gear here and reagents?!
    That are not salvageable

This is what I am trying to to find out.

If Allience is going to be gone - what is going to drop in it's place in T1 dungeons

And what is going to drop in T2 dungeons instead of Elven

I do Etos for 15-20 mins.
    I get from chest 1 elven helmet for example
    I see this may be not a rich gain, but still a gain

So what are we going to get THEN?
    I want answer DEVS - ARE THEY really thing they will replace all our salvage with relics and expect us to dance of joy?;

edited June 2017

Right now I can buy Allience gears and pack them in mail at 5 items per mail and then get on alts.

So what I am trying to find out is that if Allience gear is ending - then what would then drop in the Valindra's Tower, Malabog's castle and other T1?

That are not salvageable

If Allience is going to be gone - what is going to drop in it's place in T1 dungeons

I want answer DEVS - ARE THEY really thing they will replace all our salvage with relics and expect us to dance of joy?;

Elemental seals are being removed and replaced with seals of the protector. They've said they're doing this because they're adding a new seal type in the new dungeon. They've haven't given specifics on the amount of seals rewarded in T1 vs T2 vs T3 but they have said that when mod 12 hits you'll be able to turn in seals of the element for seals of the protector at a 3:1 conversion rate. If you want answers wait for the new mod to hit preview : \

The problem isn't what gear we're able to get, it's going to be entirely dependent on how they change the amount of seals rewarded and the cost for each item from the seal vendor.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    edited June 2017

urabask said:

That are not salvageable

Elemental seals are being removed and replaced with seals of the protector. They've said they're doing this because they're adding a new seal type in the new dungeon. They've haven't given specifics on the amount of seals rewarded in T1 vs T2 vs T3 but they have said that when mod 12 hits you'll be able to turn in seals of the element for seals of the protector at a 3:1 conversion rate. If you want answers wait for the new mod to hit preview : \

The problem isn't what gear we're able to get, it's going to be entirely dependent on how they change the amount of seals rewarded and the cost for each item from the seal vendor.
    Binding status is also an issue here. Element seal gear is bta so it can be bought on alt 1 and sent to a salvage alt for processing. Protector seal gear is btc so you are stuck salvaging it on the alt that bough it. Moreover, I cannot recall atm for certain, but I am not sure that protector seal gear is worth 3x the salvage value of elemental gear.
    It's only worth 2x the salvage value. Depending on how they handle this we're getting screwed.

I think they might be thinking that they can make up for that with non-salvage items but you can't always reliably convert items like that into AD.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User

Moreover, I cannot recall atm for certain, but I am not sure that protector seal gear is worth 3x the salvage value of elemental gear.

No, it is not 3x. It is 1000 rAD more.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited June 2017

Moreover, I cannot recall atm for certain, but I am not sure that protector seal gear is worth 3x the salvage value of elemental gear.

No, it is not 3x. It is 1000 rAD more.
    Alliance gear got nerfed a while ago. e.g. a ring is only worth 2k salvage and elven rings are worth 4k.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    So does this mean a nerf to the RAD mounts?

New dungeon is end game like FBI
    My friend says ''those who can farm FBI doesn't need RAD - she/he already rich''

People get from their rocks from elol/vt/etos/esot multi runs
    CN too perhaps

So it really worry me what we gonna end up with.

And I don't want to hear that they compensate salvage with sell able items.

Soon enough price will collapse unless it is a usable consumable and people be in the loss.
    As here is no salvage and junk that is suppose to replace it instead is not selling
    Because here are hundreds of them items here already

I can't access preview. My ISP thinks it is a fake clone server or something or it's IP is in the range of banned spam IPs.
    They don't explain anything

edited June 2017

My friend says ''those who can farm FBI doesn't need RAD - she/he already rich''
    CN too perhaps

Soon enough price will collapse unless it is a usable consumable and people be in the loss.
    As here is no salvage and junk that is suppose to replace it instead is not selling

I can't access preview. My ISP thinks it is a fake clone server or something or it's IP is in the range of banned spam IPs.

Bwahahaha. No running FBI does not mean you're rich. It just means that you've been playing the game for a year or two and know what you're doing.

People will be posting stuff from preview when it goes up and we'll see blogs and feedback threads discussing the changes in further detail. I'd also suggest you brush up on your English instead of getting angry at everything because you don't understand what people are posting.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    I'm not sure how it'll fair out but it should mean the return of cheap R5s!!! When I farmed cloak tower for ad I made a mint from the seals of the protector on rank 5s!!
    My English is bad yes
    I survived module 6 and then dungeon key changes
    But this is really uncertain and confusing
    urabask said:

CN too perhaps

Bwahahaha. No running FBI does not mean you're rich. It just means that you've been playing the game for a year or two and know what you're doing.

People will be posting stuff from preview when it goes up and we'll see blogs and feedback threads discussing the changes in further detail. I'd also suggest you brush up on your English instead of getting angry at everything because you don't understand what people are posting.
    reg1981 said:

I'm not sure how it'll fair out but it should mean the return of cheap R5s!!! When I farmed cloak tower for ad I made a mint from the seals of the protector on rank 5s!!

Was it before they bolted down the doors?
    RANK 5 can buy for adventure seals but at bad price
  • dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Is not all this just speculation.
    We dont know whether they make elven gear btA or not.
    We dont know how much protector seal t1s will drop.
    We dont know if they will change the salvage value of elven gear.
    We dont know whether they will change the required seal amount to buy elven gear or not
    We dont know whether T1 dungeon chests will drop elven gear or not

Clearly, we dont know anything other than seal of elements will be getting removed so instead we should press for more information than theorizing from our asses
    It will be good for one thing though. Newcomers will have the chance to get better gear than blue alliance gear

I dont know if this thread started before or after this post but here some explanations for you
    asterdahl said:

@asterdahl quick question since the phrasing "removed" was used, is the alliance and elven gear dropped in the existing dungeons changing at all? Is it becoming no stat transmutes like the castle never drops?

Removed was only used in relation to the seals themselves. As previously stated alliance equipment already drops in the game. Elven armor will still be available in other ways for those that wish to obtain it for transmutes.

So far, I liked Elemental Seals because I could trade in BtA stuff AND salvage it on one of my alts. Protector Seals only give BtC stuff, which can be salvaged only by the char trading them in.

There are unbound items available for seals of the protector currently, in regards to the elven armor being bound to character, this was done at the time because there was an idea that the team did not want players to earn best in slot for their alts without actually playing them in the content. The sets were never updated when they were no longer best in slot and we have since moved away from that idea in general.

As such, you can expect the new equipment available for protector's seals to be bound to account.

Post edited by dsn1118 on
    edited June 2017
    My previous post got oblitirated somehow.Maybe I deleted by mistake.
    asterdahl said:

@asterdahl quick question since the phrasing "removed" was used, is the alliance and elven gear dropped in the existing dungeons changing at all? Is it becoming no stat transmutes like the castle never drops?

Removed was only used in relation to the seals themselves. As previously stated alliance equipment already drops in the game. Elven armor will still be available in other ways for those that wish to obtain it for transmutes.

So far, I liked Elemental Seals because I could trade in BtA stuff AND salvage it on one of my alts. Protector Seals only give BtC stuff, which can be salvaged only by the char trading them in.

There are unbound items available for seals of the protector currently, in regards to the elven armor being bound to character, this was done at the time because there was an idea that the team did not want players to earn best in slot for their alts without actually playing them in the content. The sets were never updated when they were no longer best in slot and we have since moved away from that idea in general.

As such, you can expect the new equipment available for protector's seals to be bound to account.

<

I guess we will see how much rAD we are going to get when these changes hit preview

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    dsn1118 said:

My previous post got oblitirated somehow.Maybe I deleted by mistake.

Quick note - the spam filter ate your previous comment due to your edit. It has been restored. Carry on.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    removing slavage elements and elven gear from seal trader will kill ad income for every player in game and they dont want yoy making too much ad when they want you to spend real Life Money, because they have reach to a point were all player just farm rad to exchange for Zen and dont give them money, SO LETS RUIN THEIR INCOME RAD BEFORE THEY FOUND OUT ABOUT THE FARMING SOMI MAP IN A BOTTLE FOR HIGH AD/ZEN INCOME.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    arcanjo86 said:

removing slavage elements and elven gear from seal trader will kill ad income for every player in game and they dont want yoy making too much ad when they want you to spend real Life Money, because they have reach to a point were all player just farm rad to exchange for Zen and dont give them money, SO LETS RUIN THEIR INCOME RAD BEFORE THEY FOUND OUT ABOUT THE FARMING SOMI MAP IN A BOTTLE FOR HIGH AD/ZEN INCOME.

Zen is purchased with real money by someone. Many purchase it to get AD. Now, 1 Zen for 500 AD.
    If nobody buy Zen, it does not matter how much AD you can earn because you won't be able to get any Zen through AD.

If AD production is lower, the exchange rate will be lower. So, 1 Zen won't get 500 AD.
    That potentially lower the Zen sales. That means it will lower the real money they will earn.
    I don't think that is the outcome they want.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    arcanjo86 said:

I farm the HAMSTER out of stuff for my AD however I still put money into the game. No money = no game! My problem is finding things worth while spending my money on. I will NOT put money in if I don't feel it's worth the investment. Legendary keys for me was worth it farming MSVA/FBI. I made the mistake of using one in tiamat, I now refuse to buy keys. My first account bound mount was bought with zen, def worth it! My dragon born pack was bought with zen(During a sale). My point is I've run out of rewarding things to buy aside from pres wards... If the loot table gets fixed so I don't end up with a potion and 1 refining stone from a legendary key I might consider buying keys again...

Well that rant went a little off topic didn't it...

End of the day, I'm more upset about the new gear than I am about the seal changes. I look forward to seeing the new seal setup!
    edited June 2017
    arcanjo86 said:

They've already stated in the blog thread that elemental seals are being replaced 1:1 in dungeon rewards:
    asterdahl said:

urabask said:

asterdahl said:

patch goes live. This is just an outlet for you to use those unspent seals that you happen to no spend. Going forward we're planning to only maintain 2 endgame seals at a time to keep the number of currencies down.

The worry is that you're valuing elemental seals at 3:1 when they're really 2:1. If that happens to seal rewards in dungeons and we lose the seal bag from T1 dungeons it's another arbitrary nerf to salvage that's going to mostly hit lower ilvl players.
    3:1 is only the trade in value for seals you have left over once the patch goes live. The blog post reads: "All previous sources of seals of the elements will now reward seals of the protector...Starting in Module 12, any seals of the elements can be exchanged 3:1 for seals of the protector at the seal trader." This means that in cases where you would have received 10 seals of the elements and 5 seals of the protector, you will now receive 15 seals of the protector. If you happen to have any seals of the elements when Module 12 goes live—which at that point you will no longer be able to obtain—you may exchange those at a rate of 3:1.
    So as long as costs for rings remain the same this will actually be an increase in AD for people running T1s.

Post edited by urabask on
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User

That are not salvageable

you dont get elven gear from etos/egwd/ecc, you get epic version of alliance gear as drops

arcanjo86 said:

Zen is purchased with real money by someone. Many purchase it to get AD. Now, 1 Zen for 500 AD.
    If nobody buy Zen, it does not matter how much AD you can earn because you won't be able to get any Zen through AD.

If AD production is lower, the exchange rate will be lower. So, 1 Zen won't get 500 AD.
    That potentially lower the Zen sales. That means it will lower the real money they will earn.

I can think of one promotional exception that produces zen without AD or cash.

If AD production was lower the exchange rate may or may not be different. People that buy zen with cash or via certain Arc promotions often do so to get AD, which they get either through selling zen via the ZAX or by buying certain items from the Zen Store and selling them for AD in the AH. A lower exchange rate would probably result in more people using the zen store/AH route which in turn would reduce the quantity of zen offered for sale via the ZAX until prices then rise.
    You can get zen via arc points in the arc client by doing quests.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    urabask said:

arcanjo86 said:

I can think of one promotional exception that produces zen without AD or cash.

If AD production was lower the exchange rate may or may not be different. People that buy zen with cash or via certain Arc promotions often do so to get AD, which they get either through selling zen via the ZAX or by buying certain items from the Zen Store and selling them for AD in the AH. A lower exchange rate would probably result in more people using the zen store/AH route which in turn would reduce the quantity of zen offered for sale via the ZAX until prices then rise.
    You can get zen via arc points in the arc client by doing quests.
    I think that is the one they meant.

• wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

That are not salvageable

The day I can get a set of relic gears without stepping foot in the nightmare that is SOMI ... I WILL dance for joy!

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

That are not salvageable

No Legendary rings, Character Bound.

This is partially mitigated by the fact that, right now, you can do the easier Tier2s or to get Protector's Seals on weaker characters. Or, farm a lot of Tier1s on weaker characters, then convert to Protectors' Seals in the coming module.

Also, you "might" have to step foot into SKT. Because the devs decided it was a "smart" move to make Relic armor available from the store... and then forgot to add Voninblod to the seal vendor.

I haven't tested the drops or anything from the dungeons on preview.

As misc. info, the new seal vendor will also have Enchant shards for all enchants. If you look in my screenshot, there's some shard of Plaguefire, which, I don't think we've ever seen plaguefire shards anywhere.

• wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

Also, you "might" have to step foot into SKT. Because the devs decided it was a "smart" move to make Relic armor available from the store... and then forgot to add Voninblod to the seal vendor.

I was worried about that too... until I found out there was a vendor In RD that sells it :smiley:
    so alt salvage with seals is practically dead.There is no BtA gear in seal vendor and I think all other misc. items will be dirt cheap like enchantment shards when mod hits live. Will there be boss and chest drops in t1 and t2?