test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Purchasing limit for zen and summer promotion charge event problem

Hi..
I am a player from Turkey...
As far as many Turkish players know there is a purchase limit (200 Turkish Liras) for every 48 hours on zen store.
This exactly makes maximum 10.000 zen you can purchase at once.
The limit for USA is exactly 200 USD (which makes about 700 TR liras total) and you can buy 20.000 zen with that.
Apart from that difference, as we know there will be a summer charge promotion on 20th of the june.
And in this event there is an option for 20.000 zen purchase with some cool rewards..
Now question is;
As the limit for zen purchase is 10 K for Turkish players, how can we buy 20 K zen and benefit from this event like all other players from abroad?..
Is this a fair event that some can benefit from that and some can't just because of the country we are connecting from?..
Does this not mean a national discrimination?...
Sent many tickets to CS about this and simply got no response (yes waited about 5-6 days already).
And if this topic will not get deleted, I am hoping to receive a proper answer for that..
At least maybe a solution.
Thanks a lot.
NYX

Comments

• litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    'Discrimination' implies an intent. Since you would be spending money, I'm SURE they don't intend to limit you.

I would look to the reasons why there is a limit for funds from Turkey. Perhaps its a US/Turkey law, or maybe just a limit of the intermediary.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Past promotions have worked by totalling multiple purchases as long as they were all made within the alloted time.

It would be nice for players in countries with a spending limit to have clarification that this will work, but it seems like it ought to.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • velahryn#7236 velahryn Member Posts: 31 Arc User

Past promotions have worked by totalling multiple purchases as long as they were all made within the alloted time.

It would be nice for players in countries with a spending limit to have clarification that this will work, but it seems like it ought to.

I just hope so but in this case how will they seperate the gifts for each different purchase?..
    (Maybe they will give all gifts if you buy 20 K zen,then it will not cause a problem..)
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    My line of thinking is that as long as you have bought a total of 20k Zen by the time the promotion ends, you should receive all the gifts, even if you had to make multiple transactions.

But maybe @nitocris83 can check for sure.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    You can call customer service and remove purchasing limits. I did this with my character before and spent 500.00 plus at a time. You can google the number, not sure I can post it here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Let me circle back with some people to see if I can get more insight into this.

You can call customer service and remove purchasing limits. I did this with my character before and spent 500.00 plus at a time. You can google the number, not sure I can post it here.

This is not a problem related to one person,I am talking about a whole bunch of Turkish players and not sure everyone will be able to reach customer support and talk on the phone and explain their problem properly..Also the thing is I have contacted them already and they did not increase the spending limit as I have made my purchases through steam all this time and only had 5-6 transactions in arc web site.They told me no matter what my total purchase amount either on steam or arc web site is, the 48 hours limit for Turks is 200 turkish liras which is exactly the 1/4 of the limit for any foreigner player.
    And the total purchase limit is also arranged as 10K zen for every 48 hours due to this limit given by the arc games without considering the currency difference between countries.

Let me circle back with some people to see if I can get more insight into this.

I will be extremely happy.Lots of Turkish players are asking me about this lately and an official announcement regarding this issue (if possible with a solid solution) will be appreciated.

Thanks for your kind interest tough ;)
    edited June 2017
    I would go back up and read what @terramak wrote, as it is the answer to this issue.
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    litaaers said:

I would go back up and read what terramak wrote, as it is the answer to this issue.

No, it does not, it explains how the charge-promo will work, but not why players from Turkey can only purchase Zen for 200 Liras/48hrs...

litaaers said:

I would go back up and read what terramak wrote, as it is the answer to this issue.

No, it does not, it explains how the charge-promo will work, but not why players from Turkey can only purchase Zen for 200 Liras/48hrs...
    Well, keep losing sleep over that, then. I hope you are in Turkey, and have skin in the game, and you aren't just disagreeing to be disagreeable.

• lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    litaaers said:

litaaers said:

Well, keep losing sleep over that, then. I hope you are in Turkey, and have skin in the game, and you aren't just disagreeing to be disagreeable.

Ironic

Hi..

Now question is;
    As the limit for zen purchase is 10 K for Turkish players, how can we buy 20 K zen and benefit from this event like all other players from abroad?..
    Is this a fair event that some can benefit from that and some can't just because of the country we are connecting from?..

Ironic only in the sense that their concern about being able to participate in the event is ANSWERED.

Also, I must assume they made a typo, as some of the math in the initial post doesn't add up (200 TL = 10000 Z, 200 USD = 700 TL, 200 USD = 20000 Z)?

Since it is a cumulative thing, over a week, they should be able to reach the peak reward.

If YOU want to lose sleep over why Steam limits accts to $200 USD, charge that windmill, fine fellow! Let us know the results. The OP, on the other hand, should be all set.

edited June 2017
    litaaers said:

Hi..

Now question is;

Ironic only in the sense that their concern about being able to participate in the event is ANSWERED.

Also, I must assume they made a typo, as some of the math in the initial post doesn't add up (200 TL = 10000 Z, 200 USD = 700 TL, 200 USD = 20000 Z)?

Since it is a cumulative thing, over a week, they should be able to reach the peak reward.

If YOU want to lose sleep over why Steam limits accts to $200 USD, charge that windmill, fine fellow! Let us know the results. The OP, on the other hand, should be all set.

Totally agree as the main question is answered that the event is cumulative so problem is solved.

But still need to know why US residents can purchase 20 K while we can 10 K zen at once..
    And the limit is not related to steam but it is by arc games..
    terramak said:

The promotion is designed to work by counting up your cumulative purchases over the course of the promotion. If you purchase 5,000 Zen on 20 June, 5,000 Zen on 27 June, and 10,000 Zen on 4 July, your total will be 20,000 Zen purchased for the sake of qualifying for the promo rewards.

EDIT: Thanks @nitocris83 for directing my attention here!

Thanks a lot..
    Problem related to the event is solved with this official answer.
    But still the 10 K purchase limit is a question and I really need to know why we can't purchase more like 20 K while US residents can.

terramak said:

The promotion is designed to work by counting up your cumulative purchases over the course of the promotion. If you purchase 5,000 Zen on 20 June, 5,000 Zen on 27 June, and 10,000 Zen on 4 July, your total will be 20,000 Zen purchased for the sake of qualifying for the promo rewards.

EDIT: Thanks @nitocris83 for directing my attention here!

Thanks a lot..
    Problem related to the event is solved with this official answer.
    But still the 10 K purchase limit is a question and I really need to know why we can't purchase more like 20 K while US residents can.
    It might be political. Perhaps there are restrictions or sanctions or ?

A quick check on the web shows unlimited USD can go from US to Turkey, but there is a limit of 5000TL coming out. Perhaps EFTs have a smaller limit?
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Purchasing restrictions are often due to regulations and regional laws.