test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Older AMD computers

ang1dustang1dust Member Posts: 4 Arc User
I started this game about November of last year on the PC on Windows 10.
I had a very old AMD Athlon build which i upgraded to a Phenom II x4 965 running a very old graphics card of Nvidia 8800GTS 256MB (laughable but it worked)

I got an nvidia 1060 6G video card and a 2k monitor and it was gorgeous, but i couldnt help but notice a small studder in the screen every so often. I was annoying more than anything until i did my first Tiamat where my PC was rendered absolutely uselss at 1 frame every MINUTE.
How could i play at 30-50 fps everywhere in the game except Tiamat? Well heres why...

Microsoft Memory Compression...
This takes data in your memory and compresses it to save power consumption on mobile devices. Compression is a cryptographic ability..
All Phenoms suck really really badly at cryptography....so heres how you fix it

press start > type power > right click powershell > run as administrator > Disable-MMAgent -mc
once the prompt comes back up (you wont know it did anything, it just returns to the root) reboot

https://superuser.com/questions/1000485/how-to-disable-windows-10-memory-compression
2nd post is where i found it

If you feel it didnt help or you dont like it after it runs

press start > type power > right click powershell > run as administrator > Enable-MMAgent -mc

This fixed it for me and keeps me from needing to purchase a new machine... Now i run 30-50fps everywhere on 2k.

Enjoy :D

Comments

• solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    i have 8gb of memory with fx 6300 and amd r9 270x, would this help me too?
  • ang1dustang1dust Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    The FX6300 is decent on Cryptography, its nothing like the FX 83XX, But when i compare that chip to mine its about twice a fast as mine in cryptography. It doesnt hurt to try it - technically it is not needed on destktops period. You can always turn it back on.
  • ang1dustang1dust Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Heres a comparison of your CPU to mine and a few others, the I5 compared here is a first gen.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B68xGI83tNuyeGR0dnN3V2VTYmc
  • solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    ang1dust said:

Heres a comparison of your CPU to mine and a few others, the I5 compared here is a first gen.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B68xGI83tNuyeGR0dnN3V2VTYmc

thats so low!!! get $ 500 USD and arm a clone!! or buy it slowly like i did, first the motherboard then the cpu then video card, maybe someone else can help you buy some parts!!
  • shaddomastershaddomaster Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Use pcpartpicker... its a decent site and will give you a selection of the right parts given what you seek... by that I mean, if you have a certain motherboard and need a faster cpu it will give you a wide selection of cpus that will fit and work well with your mobo.

It will also give you a selection of sellers ranked by price... some are more "user-friendly" than others, so price is not the absolute lock on who you might go with.