test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Summer Promotion charge rewards

smjester7smjester7 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
edited May 2017 in General Discussion (PC)
Does anyone know if the rewards for the upcoming summer promotion charge stacks? Wondering if I should start saving my allowance:)

Comments

• litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    I would. Its gotta be at least 10% and likely more when you spend more. If someone remembers what it was last summer, they can tell you, although there is no guarantee that it'll be the same or similar.
  • smjester7smjester7 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    Sorry, I was really wondering about the gifts (Blood Ruby, Runic bag of holding, etc)
    Ahhh, I didn't read that far....

Well, the last time they did something that followed the 'this, plus all previous rewards' model, it went..... poorly. However, they also used the ARC website for that one. Since this one seems scheduled for the Rewards Claim Agent, it should stack.

As the Archbishop said in Ghostbusters, "..but don't quote me on that."
  • smjester7smjester7 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    Thanks, maybe one of the devs will comment ;)
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    The calendar entry for it does indicate that each tier includes the previous tiers, so yeah you probably want to save enough allowance for 20000 Zen by then.
    Post edited by beckylunatic on
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited May 2017
    20000 Zen ($200 US)
    Corrected, thanks. You are also right in indicating where I was transposing the numbers from. It's all USD to me. Epic mounts are $35, etc. Even when I try to translate into Zen, I like as not get it wrong.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    I'd only bother if that fashion and mount are accountwide.....
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    I asked this question during the stream to @nitocris83 . She said she will look into it. ;)
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Still waiting on a final answer for this :)
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    @nitocris83
    Are the charge rewards going to be the same mess as the winter charge rewards? Or have you actually considered to remove some ambiguity from the PR messages?
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
    I'd wager they redid the system this year. Its not like they *want* confusion during the rewards process... just sometimes plans are harder to make reality in the time they are allotted.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Where is the write-up on the charge-rewards?

Where is the write-up on the charge-rewards?

I've only seen it on the in-game calendar.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Just remember how the last few charge-rewards events went down, and wait until the conditions are clearly stated... B)
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    @nitocris83 how long do we have to wait for this to be answered?
  • crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    According to the thread tag this has been answered. Maybe it's that invisible forum ink they used?
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    The rewards will stack. Thanks for the patience in me getting the answer!
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    How does the fashion reward work? Will every char on the account be able to claim, including new ones created after the promotion ends? Similar to the humble bundle pirate promo?
  • baeyornbaeyorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2017

woot!! Nito, pour yourself a cold one!!

I just may have to purlion some coin from the Hogwarts goblin bank, and get some zen unto me!!

B)

• sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User

Now - since the promotion goes for a week - can we get the rewards multiple times if I buy multiple lots of Zen?
    Imma go with no, just because of past promotions working on a once-and-only basis.

But if it were a repeatable buy, that would be nice. Assuming you have $400 or more.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Temper your expectations in regards to these promotions. Unfortunately for players, Cryptic is under No obligation to honor their word, even if its in print.

Spend cautiously.
  • melindaozmelindaoz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 114 Arc User
    I was one of the people who bought the companions offer, which included the death slaad and scorpion. That offer was a complete stuff-up that took months to be finalised. I created 2 more alts (baggage mules) last month and those extra companions are no longer available from the claims reward. And during the last offer, I somehow didn't get enough "credits" to earn the owlbear despite spending the required amount. Add to that the exchange rate from AU$ to US$ and I'm very wary this time around. If people do buy the deal, please let us know if the rewards stack.
    melindaoz said:

I created 2 more alts (baggage mules) last month and those extra companions are no longer available from the claims reward. And during the last offer, I somehow didn't get enough "credits" to earn the owlbear despite spending the required amount.

The companion unlocks being missing is probably a bug. There were some recent issues with the claim agent where items disappeared. @nitocris83 should probably forward that up. (And I should try to remember to check the status of my slaad.)

The winter promotion wasn't organized particularly well, in my opinion, but I think most players got what they should have been entitled to as long as they went through the necessary customer service interactions, either credit for more points to spend, or additional items in the case of players who spent points on duplicate items that didn't work.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• melindaozmelindaoz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 114 Arc User
    Good point Becky - I should put in a bug report. I do find the slaad and scorpion useful companions for squishy baggage mules during influence runs.
    Sadly, even after I went through the customer service conversations, I still didn't get given enough credits for the owlbear. But it wasn't worth getting stressed.
  • estasia2estasia2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Should I be concerned that at 11am est I purchased Zen but can not find anyway that I have a tally towards the charge prizes?
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Just so it's known, the rewards ARE available from the reclaims agent!

They say bound to character on pickup HOWEVER they are in fact bind to character on equip! Everything landed in my bag unbound.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    I didn't get a tally or anything, I just found the items at the promo/claim vendor in PE.

Check there?
  • trymelatertrymelater Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    When clicking on the link from the News Article Link posted by Julia @ http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10543613-bonus-rewards-when-charging-zen!

It Brings me to the "Charge Rewards Page" which states:

Unfortunately there are no active charge reward promotions currently running. Please visit the News or Forum sections for announcements on scheduled promotions.

So naturally I have to ask the question - Is it currently in effect? Will my spending Real-Life Currency at this point in time yield me the Charge Rewards and this bad UI?