test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

5v5 dom PVE

crollaxcrollax Member Posts: 255 Arc User
there can be 5v5 like dom but pve

10m que same time same dungeon exp eTOS who finish first they win and there is league about it also then pve players can have challange and there can be also fight:)

Comments

• disposablehero#5903 disposablehero Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    So, highest item level wins? Yawn.
    Dungeon Interior Coordinator for WAR-BOUND. <i class="Italic"></i>

PS4 characters:
    Brie Liadon, Shotgun Wizard
    Disposable Hero, Kidney removal technician
    Valorous Cake, Armored pastry defender
    Ginger Christ needs no introductions
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Well he DID say it would be like dom...

• wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

We already have that, it is called Paingiver. It is making the game more toxic by the day. I am now in favor of removing Paingiver and making an in-game ACT for personal usage.

The idea that I find really troubling is, a team with the appropriate IL for a dungeon could queue & find that by the time they get to the end the boss is dead & the chest has been looted by a "competing adventuring party." My pen & paper D & D group had a DM pull that on us. Once.

• crollaxcrollax Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    yea but u wont do it with everybody , u can race with the guilds a team pve players to fight guild pve vs guild pve
  • disposablehero#5903 disposablehero Member Posts: 128 Arc User

Well he DID say it would be like dom...

Dom still has variables to it, you aren't always going against a farm team. Just most of the time. :3
    Dungeon Interior Coordinator for WAR-BOUND. <i class="Italic"></i>

PS4 characters:
    Brie Liadon, Shotgun Wizard
    Disposable Hero, Kidney removal technician
    Valorous Cake, Armored pastry defender
    Ginger Christ needs no introductions
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Competition has no place in PvE.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    greywynd said:

Competition has no place in PvE.

Uh oh, sounds like you're not winning PVE.

It's obvious you win PVE by having the highest Paingiver score. That's the only thing that matters, not how fast the party clears the dungeon, not how many times you get downed. Only Paingiver.

I never get tired of winning.

Back to the OP: I think it would be cool if they had a leaderboard of dungeon clear times. But I see no real need to build out a head-to-head mechanic.
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    dupeks said:

It's obvious you win PVE by having the highest Paingiver score. That's the only thing that matters,

Erm..no. Paingiver tells you nothing. ACT tells you facts, not this hamster paingiver.
    BTT:
    This idea wont work in NW. It could if we got no way to exploit stuff/dungeons/tactics. And i dont think we need this kind of stuff like "who is the fastest in etos?"..

• nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    crollax said:

10m que same time same dungeon exp eTOS who finish first they win and there is league about it also then pve players can have challange and there can be also fight:)

You don't need cryptic to do this.
    You can make screenshots or vids and record run times, organize the stuff yourself, with your own rules. Post in te forum. Maybe someone wants to organize events like this.
    Cryptic would deliver something that might do what the players asked for but not what they wanted. (e,g, PvP leader boards & matchmaking)
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!

crollax said:

You can make screenshots or vids and record run times, organize the stuff yourself, with your own rules. Post in te forum. Maybe someone wants to organize events like this.
    Cryptic would deliver something that might do what the players asked for but not what they wanted. (e,g, PvP leader boards & matchmaking)
    that bring the challange dude ofc u can record and post on YT or whatever u like , but thing in game is more actual and live , and instant challange always better ,

but if u guyz say we are HAMSTER and only can click buttons and pve is jsut against computer who has better gs wins, i have nothing to say:D

because i arleady know pve for easy players who cant handle moving:D but just for these littles to have fun also , because it suppose to be boring to keep doing same HAMSTER as easy as HAMSTER

thats why every pvp player can do pvp but there will be some pve player can do pvp `properly`

anywayyyyy this idea can reform and can change however they want but main logic is ,, u need to have something to put ppl race on eachother like pvp ,

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    crollax said:

crollax said:

that bring the challange dude ofc u can record and post on YT or whatever u like , but thing in game is more actual and live , and instant challange always better ,

but if u guyz say we are HAMSTER and only can click buttons and pve is jsut against computer who has better gs wins, i have nothing to say:D

because i arleady know pve for easy players who cant handle moving:D but just for these littles to have fun also , because it suppose to be boring to keep doing same HAMSTER as easy as HAMSTER

thats why every pvp player can do pvp but there will be some pve player can do pvp `properly`

anywayyyyy this idea can reform and can change however they want but main logic is ,, u need to have something to put ppl race on eachother like pvp ,

like you do in pvp:P brutality proc 1 brutality proc 1 brutality proc 1.
    mann :sweat:
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    I heard about this thing that used to be in the game called "Gauntlegrym"... I heard there was a PvE component to GG, just like there is a PvP component to GG.

Was that anything like the OP's suggestion?

• dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

I heard about this thing that used to be in the game called "Gauntlegrym"... I heard there was a PvE component to GG, just like there is a PvP component to GG.

GG used to be super fun, although there were balance issues.

It consisted of 3 phases:
    1. PvE phase where 2 teams would fight mobs and loot resources to secure benefits for the 2nd phase. Somewhat similar to some of the SH Siege activities.
    2. PvP phase where the 2 teams would fight, and benefits from phase 1 would show up on occasion.
    3. PvE phase where those who participated could do 2 exclusive dungeons for some of the best loot in the game. The higher tier dungeon was only available to the team that won the 2nd phase.
    It was pretty awesome content, although not without its own problems haha. The dungeons were notoriously buggable in a variety of ways. And this was back when chase loot was BoE and you had to roll for it... Still, so much fun, such a great blend of PvP and PvE, and I do miss it so...
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The 2cd phase was split as players who didn't do PvP could continue to do PvE tasks to create effects in the PvP map. Catapults and a giant were up for grabs though the effects were not very noticeable. For a long time I was on the Luskan (L is for losing) faction and we would win 1st phase for buffs, win the catapults, win the giant, lose in PvP. It was a cool idea and kind of fun at points but ultimately pointless.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    I don't think it will be a good idea to have a direct competition for 2 groups. There should be rather a ranking where every group can compete with. For those who know Diablo 3 you know what I am talking about. Similar to the leaderboard for PvP.

The current content is simply not made for this kind of competition (between 2 groups). also huge problem: There will always be one (or more) bugs that will make the competition unfair.
    If there would be something like an endless wave of enemies clearing and the group with the highest amount of waves killed will be #1 on the leaderboard, then the devs could think about implementing such a "PvE leaderboard" but this is something that will probably never been implemented due to the amount of bugs in this game.
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
    rjc9000 said:

its my suggestion

yea it can be anything just something give dps challenge to pve players and take out the best dps players,

anything which can race pve players
  • toriofthehordetoriofthehorde Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    PvP in neverwinter sucks complete <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>..if I don't run with my guild I get shoved with ppl who don't even have any tenacity. This game is so disappointing in PvP. But I keep trying. U norm do not win against premades period..lol..they need the solo PvP. That's the most fun..I'm not sure what that issue is with them not making that permanent..oh wait I know..the pay to play ppl don't want it. Bet that's what it is....lol