test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reduce Stronghold costs. It is time.

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I skimmed over the replies and I'm not really seeing a lot of direct negativity, only people putting forth suggestions that are not exactly in agreement with what you said. A couple of "disagrees" that might be interpreted as "no cost reductions for anyone ever" but in the absence of those individuals choosing to elaborate on their position, who knows.

I think a lot of people just want to see how the current set of changes shakes out before demanding even more changes.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    I've actually "worked" with some of these folks that you believe that about, and disagree based on personal experiences.

Some of the others, like I said, I don't know. But not anyone that I've been allied with for any length of time.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    Wow. And I'm having trouble with 50-60K influence....
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Which is why many of us asked for influence to be granted on any HE on any map..

so we could duplicate dailies with influence.. this would be a nice addition.

I also asked for a increase (double influence we get now)

Gems is another issue.. when they made strongholds cost at the time.. we could get gems so cheap.. i bought like 100 stacks to dump in there of r5s one time.. which was a good 500k.. but today that would be like 2 million k of AD..

and ya.. though I can generate ok revenue in aD.. I cant just plunk down 2 million K.

Some people are always like.. nothing should ever change .. but as more and more keeps getting added to this game.. I feel the need for a total overhaul of what is needed to get from point A to point B..

When strongholds was released.. we had leadership.. we had cheaper gems.. and for months, it was really our only daily we had to do..

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    There has been an uptick in the drop of r5s lately. That was to the good.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    micky1p00 said:

Alliance are a rank 20, and there are a few of those Alliances with all Rank 20 Guilds and each member and group helped in that success.

I don't believe there is a single alliance with all guilds at SH20. (Total rank of 260)
    @grogthemagnif How in the seven hells you disagree with that statement?

Regardless that I wrote that "I don't believe" to even not try to assert facts. So there will be nothing to argue about, but I'm in the highest ranking alliance (244) and my guild is not rank 20....
    So please, do tell, what alliance has all guilds at rank 20...
    edited April 2017
    Maybe it's a secret alliance that doesn't publicly advertise their achievement? I guess more than one, since it was a plural. Hmm... wonder who they could be?

Or maybe it's a genuinely held but incorrect belief that all the rank 20 guilds have banded together rather than the observable more typical tendency to split up?

Neverwinter Census 2017

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    greywynd said:

There has been an uptick in the drop of r5s lately. That was to the good.

While i agree.. that the uptick is good.. it still doesnt nearly cover the cost of everything between personal and stronghold costs on gems.

Have to make a choice. Can't do everything at once.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • nathanjmnathanjm Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    I'm going to put in my $0.02 on this issue: the way I see it, most other mods have been complete-able during that module, or shortly into the next module. Strongholds, especially for small to medium sized guilds, is a multi-year slog. And, this basic point:

The design of the SH grind means that it's an exclusive-OR with most other current-module content.

In my limited in-game time, I can run:
    River District
    OR
    Heroic Shards of Power (severely time-gated, can get 10/day on a character)
    OR
    Tyranny of Dragons campaign
    OR
    Some other campaign currency

There's pretty much no synergies in that list above -- and that's what our guild needs most right now. The few synergies that exist are welcome: the Builder's Heroic shards quests for Beasts/Drakes/Spiders can overlap with HEs for influence. That's a two-fer, and a good thing. What I'd like to see more of is the AND in the SH grind.

Here's some ways I'd suggest to add the 'and' to the SH grind:
    - Any campaign currency spent on boons gives out a voucher for equivalent (or higher) amount of campaign currency for the mimic. Right now, I spend on boons OR I contribute. Make it AND.
    - More ways to get SH vouchers when doing current-campaign work. Quartermaster's Enchantments, for example, help w/ Surplus Equipment needs. But, we're not able to earn HSOPs or ToD currency during that.
    - Doing SH stuff together (guild/alliance) should provide a bonus (vouchers). For example, if 10/25 out of a Tiamat run are from our guild/alliance, then extra vouchers for the group content run.
    I am waiting to see how the new stronghold skirmish impacts on the needed supplies for building.
    The new SH skirmish won't really help with what I mentioned above: doing that skirmish won't help with campaign progression one bit, unless they're planning on handing out Arcane Magical Writings, etc from doing it.

My time ingame is limited. I am not part of WhaleGuild(tm) that is at SH20 and where SH tasks are a fun diversion from the current module's grind. Any time I spend on the SH is time NOT spent on the current module's grind.

The SH seems to have been designed to force people back into the pre-SH modules (Sharandar, Dread Ring, IWD, ToD and/or WoD) in addition to the current module. Thankfully, they haven't expanded it so that we have to go grind out additional currency from the campaigns added since SH (e.g. Underdark, Maze Engine, Storm King, River District) to fill the SH coffers just to get a single thing upgraded. Oh wait, I just gave them an evil idea... :neutral:
    nathanjm said:

The new SH skirmish won't really help with what I mentioned above: doing that skirmish won't help with campaign progression one bit, unless they're planning on handing out Arcane Magical Writings, etc from doing it.

My time ingame is limited. I am not part of WhaleGuild(tm) that is at SH20 and where SH tasks are a fun diversion from the current module's grind. Any time I spend on the SH is time NOT spent on the current module's grind.

The SH seems to have been designed to force people back into the pre-SH modules (Sharandar, Dread Ring, IWD, ToD and/or WoD) in addition to the current module. Thankfully, they haven't expanded it so that we have to go grind out additional currency from the campaigns added since SH (e.g. Underdark, Maze Engine, Storm King, River District) to fill the SH coffers just to get a single thing upgraded. Oh wait, I just gave them an evil idea... :neutral:

Stronghold should be about the stronghold. Not about every other campaign. The stronghold gets assistance from those we've helped, hence the need for the campaign currencies.
    The stronghold gets assistance from those we've helped, hence the need for the campaign currencies.

Ok, then why isn't Underdark/MazeEngine/SOMI/RD in that list of "needed campaign currencies?" I've helped those I just listed plenty. Restricting the list to pre-SH assistance is seeming a little outdated at this point, no? What's required by a SH isn't in order on the way-too-tall campaign screen, or anything that makes sense today. Any new player isn't going to really care what the mod release schedule was 2 years ago, are they?

We have enough to do in game without forcing us to replay some (but not all) campaigns in addition to the current module's grind.
    Frozen Treasures should be from anywhere when you look at the main Icewind Dale map. Caer-Koning, the Pass, Dwarven Valley, Bryn Shander, Lonelywood, Cold Run and SoMI.
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    The list of Frozen Treasures that the Mimic will accept has actually been reduced. He used to be perfectly happy chomping on Refined Black Ice but not any more :(
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    As mentioned before, i would start at the beginning...
    + The basic stronghold structures should only require what a stronghold can provide at the given time.
    + The following few ranks of the buildings would need some extra gold/AD.
    + And the rest of the building ranks would also get their costs adjusted.

To make it short, it would be much easier to build a small but functional stronghold within a few days/weeks, and a "complete" stronghold would also have more reasonable costs.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!

micky1p00 said:

Alliance are a rank 20, and there are a few of those Alliances with all Rank 20 Guilds and each member and group helped in that success.

I don't believe there is a single alliance with all guilds at SH20. (Total rank of 260)
    If it hasn't yet happened in Relentless, and you'd know, then I'd have to assume it hasn't happened for anyone. I fully expect Relentless will get to claim "first!" there, fwiw.
    There was one like that or really close to that when strongholds went live. It crashed, burned, and broke up.
    I think you mean when alliances went live. Though I remember vaguely high rank alliances, I can't remember anyone really close to full 13 x 20 stack, there were not enough rank 20 guilds, even if we ignore that they actually need to be in one alliance.

IIRC, when the alliance came out, there was a price reduction discussion on preview forums and it was mentioned that there were only about 5 SH20 guilds.

I think only now there are actually enough rank 20 guilds (over 20 guilds at SH20) to even have a chance to get such alliance. But it doesn't exists afaik.

Just remember, cryptic pays people to come on here and defend them and disagree and argue with people who disagree with cryptic and demand to be heard, listen too, and demand change! We want accountability! We the players! we spend the money!

How does one apply for that and what does it pay?
    I want in too !!
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User

Just remember, cryptic pays people to come on here and defend them and disagree and argue with people who disagree with cryptic and demand to be heard, listen too, and demand change! We want accountability! We the players! we spend the money!

Nah, people aren't being paid to prop them up. People are just auditioning to become future moderators.

litaaers said:

Wow. And I'm having trouble with 50-60K influence....

Establish a daily or twice daily t3 HE run at times and you will have it in a week if you set it up right. It will also help with shard farming as the 1st t3 HE gives 10 Heroic Shards and the ranger gives 10 Adventurer shards for completing 3 SH HEs.

My guild runs t3 HEs from 9 pm to 10 pm EST nightly. We usually have about 10 to 30 people running it at any given time during that hour. Some run 3 or 5 t3 HEs then drop out, others switch to another alt every 3 to 5 t3 HEs. We can usually get about 15 to 20 of the t3 HEs done in an hour (depends on how many times giants pops with its long run to get there).

I net more than 10k influ (345 influ x 5 alts = 1725 influ; 1725 influ x 7 days = 12075 influ) a week doing it just on my alts, when you factor in lots of other guildies doing the same then the idea of farming 100k to 200k influ a week becomes very doable.
    Will of Oblivion Alliance often does influence runs after our dragonflights.