test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Production Developer Blog: Feedback Prioritization

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
Sometimes Dev responses on the forums become so lengthy that they become blogs! A common question we often get is how is community feedback processed (or if it even is processed) so Producer @terramak put together this overview that we hope helps provide some insight into Production and Feedback. Please note that it is not meant to be the full and final process, we are continuously adapting to new needs or factors, and is written from the perspective of the Production aspect of Development.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10470163

Comments

• Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    It would be interesting to know, as a follow up to this, how player feedback could be improved upon to better facilitate bug fixes etc. For example:

1) Is it more helpful if we post bug reports individually or do you prefer threads with a large number of bugs posted at once.

2) Is it helpful if we speculate on the cause of bugs, or would you rather we just post a, "how to replicate," and leave it at that.

3) If a bug cannot be reliably replicated, what is the best way to report it?

Also, some things from the devs side that might help is clearer tooltips and explanations of mechanics. In the example given in the article, fair enough, you used a commonly used abbreviation for aspect of the pack, however, in the case of a bug report I made recently, there was a misunderstanding between the dev who responded and myself purely because that particular mechanic isn't explained anywhere in the game and so we as players had to invent our own terminology for it. If the mechanic was explained elsewhere or the devs provided some form of terminology it would not be an issue.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    Oh, @terramak thanks for responding, I didn't initially see this response but I really appreciate it :)
This discussion has been closed.