test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mirage Weapons Bug

artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
I already posted this bug in the PC->Bug section but since it apparently didnt get much attention I'll try my luck here.

The illusions created by the mirage weapon set trigger weapon enchantments with their attacks for 0 damage instead of the expected damage.

Lightning arcs are not affected by this bug.

I only have access to these weapons on my Hunter Ranger but I expect this bug to affect all classes.

log

Comments

• artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    That's a possibility. Either way something is off.
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I did some testing on this as well. Note that testing was done on a DC.

@terramak
    • #1 All weapon enchants will proc from Mirages in some fashion. (this is probably very bad, since it includes debuffs like frost and plaguefire)
    • #2 All weapon enchants (with one exception) proc for 0 damage. (this is probably good, but it would be nice if they didn't clog up my combat log)
    • #3 All weapon enchants proc as if owned by a separate entity, and do not stop the normal procs of the user (this is good)
    • #4 Lightning Enchant procs for 0 damage, however lightning arcs proc for full damage and can crit.
    • #5 Lightning Enchant arcs also reduce the user's cooldowns.
    • #6 Mirages can proc holy avenger separately from you, giving you (and other allies) the buff
    • #7 Dread can be multi-procced by Mirages and procs for 0 damage, but seems to still give a debuff for each stack
    • #8 Mirages can proc Feytouched Weapon as if they were encounter powers themselves. This extends the cooldown on your feytouched enchant, but does not extend the duration.
    EDIT - Please note that #8 reduces the up-time of Trans Feytouched considerably, by preventing it from re-proccing until Mirage comes off cooldown. This effectively makes the Feytouched cooldown 30 seconds, and with a 20 second duration it will have 2/3rds up-time.

I didn't test every enchant, but these were the oddities I found. Numbers tested with fixed damage weapons by swapping to fixed damage after spawning the clones. The buffs applied to you from the clones are real, and not visual bugs.
    Post edited by darthtzarr on

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    I would like to state that this bug is very serious according to your feedback description. It prevents the use of Feytouched with Mirage weapons, due to extending the cooldown and not refreshing the up-time.

@terramak @mimicking#6533 @noworries#8859

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    We are looking into this issue.

And thank you for the extra detailed report on the different inconsistencies that are happening. That is always very helpful and allows us to hone in on the issue faster.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    @noworries#8859

Hi noworries, the feytouch bug is more general.
    There are some powers like the hunter ranger ones (thorn ward, cordon of arrows) that bugs out the enchantment.
    I mean once you use it one of those you dont gain anymore the buff.
    I think this is due to the fact that some powers like those 2 i mentioned before acts like separated entities which can proc the damage buff on their own breaking the cooldown on the player.
    I say this because if i set my graphic to really low perfomances, thorn ward appears like a humanoid.
    Post edited by rayrdan on
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Mirages proc Spell Twisting, Creeping Frost, Abyss of Chaos, Storm Spell, Chaos Magic, Nightmare Wizardry and Smoulder on CW. They also proc Aura of Courage. Spell Twisting is quite funny, was the first time I was able to cast 4 disintegrates in a 10 second window. They do not proc Assailing Force, Warped Magics or Wheel of Elements: Fire, a pity really, would have liked for them to proc everything.

Also, minor issue, the weapons do allow a single player to stack frost:

Post edited by thefabricant on
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    i would like them to be fixed instead and be 30x 40x more tanky
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    Still procing for 0 damage.

Any chance of a fix for mod 12b.