test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

vilithraw: he is gone....he's back!!!

astrotiger5astrotiger5 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
edited April 2017 in Bug Reports (PC)
My character (and his party) had a strange encounter while battle Vilithraw at Whispering Caverns: My character's party was defeated him with 1/4 of his HIT POINTS gone (3/4 still show) in 15+mins. Suddenly, he was "GONE"... and Vilithrax stroll in right side of view, fully heal!!!
Fortunately, My party was able to put him down...but a squad of Blue Dragonwing was scent to attack us, (the dragon was put down) and they suddenly gone!!!
Was it a fluky, a bug or cheating???
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    He reset as you tried to fight him far away from his spawn position.
    Like most other mobs he is leashed and resets if players drag him to far away.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    I've seen Vilithrax reset in the middle of fight in the same spot he spawns in. He wasn't dragged out of his arena. He just vanished and respawned at full health.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    He has occasionally bugged like that since Mod 4 launch.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I saw this happening during one Merothrax (Icespire) fight within the last month or so. The dragon reset so many times, popping in and out of existence in midair, that I actually called it and bailed. The small group of lowbies I was there with didn't have the combined firepower to take the dragon down in less time than it was taking to reset (the alt I was on wasn't that strong). Had nothing to do with pulling it from the arena, it was just glitching.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    The bug is real... and real old.
    I haven't fought villithrax in almost two years, but he would occasionally reset even then.
    Don't hold your breath waiting for a fix.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.